Are there any films similar to Persona? I'm rather new to film and I love every moment of this

Are there any films similar to Persona? I'm rather new to film and I love every moment of this.

Attached: 59539445-54F5-4F24-A980-299805DE99DE.jpg (690x495, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mosesfarrow.blogspot.com/2018/05/a-son-speaks-out-by-moses-farrow.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Watch rest of Bergman's films. Celine and Julie Go Boating and Mulholland are kind of similar to Persona.

*Mulholland Drive

fuck i hate bergman

thanks user

Obviously the rest of Bergman’s kinography. Look up a list of the most influential directors of the twentieth century fot some entry tier films. This way you’ll also find out which styles you like. Always keep an open mind but never be afraid to call a movie shit

In terms of a straight drama about two women:
Todd Hayne's 'Carol' with Rooney Mara and Cate Blanchett is genius
The Handmaiden
My Brilliant Friend on HBO is an amazing series along similar lines.

My favourite other Bergman films are Summer with Monika, Scenes from a Marriage & Through the Glass Darkly

I also highly recommend Jan Troel's The Emigrants & The New Land. Liv Ullman (Bergman's most famous actor), said it was the best thing she ever did. Also Max Von Sydow. Amazing series.

And for something Bergman-esque (atleast scandinavian and capturing the eroticism of it) and also about an intense relationship between two women, I highly recommend Joachim Trier's 'Thelma', which actually managed to achieve what Bergman never could, and make a brilliant genre film which still manages to play to the directors strengths (Bergman's attempt at it with Hour of the Wolf, a Horror, was possibly his worst movie).

Thelma is genius though, and Triar in general has imo picked up the Bergman mantle the best for the region atleast. Oslo 31st August is also genius and very Bergman-y.

I loved it, my favorite Bergman film.

Sunset BLVD
Mullholland Drive
8 1/2
The Double Life of Veronique

Will do, thanks.
I appreciate all of the recommendations, I'm excited to look into them.
I love it too, for all of its poetic beauty and more. I appreciate the recommendations, I'm glad Mulholland Drive has showed twice so I know people here know what they're talking about.

Black swan and pic related

Attached: MPW-39042.jpg (500x392, 18K)

>Black swan
was gonna say this. Definitely very influenced by Persona. And a fantastic film.

It's also heavily influenced by the anime Perfect Blue (which Aronovsky, who directed it, owns the rights to and outright copied much of). Although Black Swan is the better film imo. They're both good.

Another slightly left field thing that was influenced by Persona, is Louie Ck's tv show 'Horace and Pete'. Namely the beach sex scene. He has an entire episode basically just describing an erotic episode. Horace and Pete in general is fantastic but that's a really cool nod to bergman.

uh ignore all these nerds and just watch all of Bergman's films sweaty :)

>just watch all of Bergman's films
honestly not bad advice desu

Another filmmaker heavily influenced by Bergman was Woody Allen, so watch Annie Hall if you haven't seen it already, and if you like that then watch all of his films too, because many are more bergman-y and if you like one you'll like them all.

woody allen is a pedophile um can you not

No he isn’t.

Alex Ross Perry's Queen of Earth.

mosesfarrow.blogspot.com/2018/05/a-son-speaks-out-by-moses-farrow.html

please read this account from one of Mia's other adopted children and reconsider your position

Attached: _c22-38-359_l_1.jpg (1024x820, 65K)

tldr

it's a page turner he talks about mia's brother being a pedo and his sister having aids and killing herself and mia beating him and locking his retarded adopted brother in a shed overnight all kinds of crazy stuff

nseed

I'm a long time hardcore Bergman fan. Anyone know modern movies that have an existential feel and are at least well made?

synecdoche ny, but don't let its glorification get to you

This

such a powerful movie, not in the sjw sense