Admit it, Halloween 2018 was mediocre. It was the same thing as all of the other Halloween movies

Attached: 6161DOBUS-L._SY741_.jpg (468x741, 52K)

The whole franchise is mediocre, the only horror subgenre worse than slasher is found footage

Well I love slasher movies but I can't deny they get SO FUCKING REPETITIVE after a while.
Thee first Halloween's a great movie though

Whatever floats your boat. I can't stand slasher movies. Only good one I like is High Tension, but I'm not even sure if that counts as a slasher movie

It was ok. The problem with iconic villains is they get the rock star treatment instead of making them despicable characters.

Happens to Freddy, Leatherface, Jason, so on.

The scene where Myers hears the baby and doesn’t kill it is a perfect example of this. It’s the “he’s evil but not evil enough to turn audiences off.”

Out of the horror remakes, reboots its the best by far

>"Michael Myers is the scariest villian in horror movies because he's just a normal guy... he could be your best friend, your neighbour, your teacher, your brother, your postaman.. it could be YOU... he's just a normal guy thats what makes him scary..."
>"bullet to the head? LMAO im fine... huge explosion? LOL im just fine...machete thorough the chest? LMFAO it's nothing"

HE'S JUST A NORMAL REGULAR AVERAGE GUY BUT HE'S JUST CRAZY!!! SPOOKY!!!

God I wish he had walked up to the crib and you see he's reaching out of frame, and you just get the sound cutting out
Fuck that would have been intense, that alone would have pushed Mike back to "holy fuck" levels

I liked it, but I didn't see the need to take away Laurie and Michael's sibling relationship. It was what made them unique and helped them stand out among the rest. Without it, no matter how well done the movie is, it just makes them Random Psycho Killer and His Victim #8,612. I don't get why Carpenter had a problem with it - He was involved in Halloween 2, so it's not like it's some random thing another writer or director tacked on once he left the series.

Carpenter was not that involved in H2. He didn’t want a sequel. And the scene was shoehorned in.

It was contrived as fuck. Myers has no reason why he kills people. That’s why he just murdered his older sister.

am I the only one who burst out laughing when the asylum scene did a hard cut to a rotten jack-o-lantern with the Halloween theme played over it?

I get what the director wanted. It was like the franchise was being reborn, but man, they really did not think that through. Imagine the triumphant batman music played over the image of a dead bat, or the mission impossible theme played over the image of Tom Cruise's grave, or the Lion King theme song played over a brush fire, there's a real cognative dissidence and it sends the wrong message.

No I won’t admit it was mediocre, it fuckin blew.

>am I the only one who burst out laughing when the asylum scene did a hard cut to a rotten jack-o-lantern with the Halloween theme played over it?

That was one of the few good scenes in the movie

I felt bored watching it. It doesn’t have class or charm, like the old slasher movies do. You feel like those are coming from a person, not an algorithmic machine who watches slashers all day. Even bad decisions are at least human.

Everyone is kind of dislikable, and not in a way that benefits the story. I’d say they were even worse than “collection of teenage stereotypes because teens, are in fact assholes sometimes.

What was even the point of the “drunk teenage boyfriend cheating on protagonist?” The kid could literally be cut out and a more plausible situation happen: she breaks her phone because it fell out of her costume. Scared that she’ll get in trouble because it broke, she goes home. Bam! Eliminated two characters right there. I know those two reporters could also be eliminated too. And what’s with that psychiatrist? Seemed so half-assed and lame.

I also hated the fact that, when you have well meaning but overbearing parents, the kids always treat them like complete shit. Hollywood seems to think that overprotectiveness deserves the same sort of treatment as if they were abused. Laurie just tried to teach the mom to survive. She doesn’t deserve to be ripped out of her grandchild’s life entirely just because you don’t agree you needed those lessons. There is an appropriate level of “I must distance myself from my relative,” and this ain’t it.

Be honest, kind of wanted to walk out of the movie. This was right after Homecoming, which I also felt like walking out. God those movies were dull! And annoying! I’ve haven’t gone to the movies much since then.

Attached: 481504E0-82FB-46D9-B83D-79F92EE03D8B.jpg (853x480, 279K)

EXACTLY! It all started when that swedish
(or was he Norwegian?) fucknuggett who directed A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 decided to make Freddy into "A cOoL gUy LiKe JaMeS bOnD" but instead made him into a wisecracking fucking clown. Thank god he only made mediocre box office bombs after that

Well to be fair Michael Myers always had a supernatural quality to him (remember when Dr. Loomis said "I'm telling you, this is no man!")

You're my man

Regardless, it still makes Michael unique as opposed to just "HE'S CRAZY AND LIKES KILLING PEOPLE!" Wow, never seen THAT before!

>What was even the point of the “drunk teenage boyfriend cheating on protagonist?”
The worst part is that the cheating boyfriend isn't even killed off by Michael later on. He literally just disappears after dunking her phone.

> (You) #
>Regardless, it still makes Michael unique as opposed to just "HE'S CRAZY AND LIKES KILLING PEOPLE!" Wow, never seen THAT before!

Tell me all the slasher or villain that kill for no reason whatsoever

To be clear I'm only bashing this movie because it's like the 50th fucking movie in this godforsaken franchise and they didn't even TRY to do something new. Michael Myers escapes from an asylum (again) and kills people until Laurie Strode stops him (btw Laurie in this movie is a complete ripoff of Sarah Connor from Terminator 2, being all crazy and paranoid about what's to come. I love Jamie Lee Curtis and I kinda feel sorry for her because she's always so badly typecasted). I don't really like Halloween 2 either (the original, not the Rob Zombie one) because it was basically the first one but lamer, but at least that one was only the second movies this is like the 20th!

>117188123 (You) #

HOLY SHIT BRO I NEVER WROTE THIS WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

Hills Have Eyes (2007) was better.

Attached: F20DF745-0B2C-4DA9-B2E8-D921AC176B41.jpg (480x640, 42K)

The Hills have Eyes was fucking fantastic. It was even better that the original

>btw Laurie in this movie is a complete ripoff of Sarah Connor from Terminator 2, being all crazy and paranoid about what's to come
If that's true then Sarah Connor is a complete ripoff of Ripley from Aliens

Michael was always somewhat supernatural, he survived 6 bullets in the first movie, and he escaped Laurie's retarded trap at the end.

Eeeeeeeeeh Ripley's not THAT paranoid thought the whole movie and she's never t waiting for something/someone to come back

How the fuck did he escape that

So the doctors tat the high secirity state penitentiary are just absolute idiots then, amirite? they literally have n undead demon in cuffs and none of the medical staff realizes it... he could break out whenever he wants to since he could only jump the fence and survive the gunshots from he guards, since he is a supernatural being.. amirite?

This is the reason why Myers is the stupidiest slasher villian... at least Freddy and Jason had this paranormal origin since the beginning and went full on with it, but Myers has always been sold as this "he's just a regular guy whos a sociopath... he could be anyone!!!"

Attached: 3jvtnc0uj2m01.jpg (339x434, 16K)

>This is the reason why Myers is the stupidiest slasher villian... at least Freddy and Jason had this paranormal origin since the beginning and went full on with it, but Myers has always been sold as this "he's just a regular guy whos a sociopath... he could be anyone!!!"

Jason never had a paranormal origin until Jason Lives

>Jason never had a paranormal origin until Jason Lives
It was never super blatant, but he kinda did. "This boy definitely died years ago... Except he's still alive OOOOOspoooky...!" Not to mention he died in every movie and kept coming back even before the lightning bolt.

Before we got Zombie Jason I think the idea was he just had retard inbred strength so kept pulling through every takedown no matter how brutal they were

I don't see how retard strength helps you pull through from a machete to the face.

It’s not about supernatural. Every slasher villain comes back regardless of logic because studios want to milk sequels.