ONLY TEN TEN HORROR MOVIES YO

Only 10/10 horror pieces in here. They are few, but they exist.

R8

no h8 pls

Attached: 519h8W0cYuL.jpg (338x500, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

filmschoolrejects.com/commentary-session-9-bcf94bf9771a/
youtube.com/watch?v=iMP42SoWajQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is 'Session 9' a horror movie? Isn't it more of a thriller?

There's an evil spirit inhabiting an abandoned hospital that takes control of people every few decades and makes them murder people, so I guess it's horror

Garbage horror for boomers

ending was shit

That never confirmed. Gordon has killed his family before the movie begins, that's the big twist. So its more of a
>oooh Simon is really the devil and lives in the mind of the weak
Its more of a thriller than horror.

He kills his family after the first day of working in the hospital, when he hears the voice for the first time

that's it, I'm watching it again. thanks asshole

He has already killed his family before the movie starts, when he hears the voice we think there's a evil spirit but he's really just crazy. That's the twist of the movie.

Tumbad
Aterrados
Borderlands / the final prayer
Baskhin
The Tunnel
Gonyjiam haunted asylum
Hellhouse LLC
Poughkeepsy tapes
Pontypool
Reel
S&man
Butterfly kisses
Raccoon valley
Digging through the marrow
Marebito
Rinnou
The void
Endless

These just out of the top of my head are actual horror movies and not that suggested boomer crap

>Gonyjiam haunted asylum
My nigga.
It's like Blair Witch but good.

I only know half of those but those are all shit. The void and Poughkeepsy Tapes ie are fucking trash, no idea how people on here can like them

>all found footage
I've seen a few of those to know it's a mostly shit sub genre

If you think 500 euro budget like the void is bad you my friend don’t know shoe about movies, and it was a solid horror movie, Poughkeepsie takes are okay, it’s among the weakest in that list.

If you want some true horror about what happens to a failed Yea Forums kino appreciator go watch Reel.

I watch around 4-5 horror movies a week for 3 years now, I’ve seen so much shit I can’t remember it all, but Poughkeepsie is a decent horror movie.

I bet you're the fag that made the found footage general, literally 99% of FF movies are fucking trash. It's the worst sub genre horror has ever seen

You’d be surprised, and not all in that small list are found footage. Found footage however is a perfect medium for creative horror movies to build immersion from the get go

I was wondering why I enjoy this movie so much and it's because there's no women in it. Same with The Thing.

This and Calvaire (2004)

Based

? I didn’t make a general and I didn’t make this thread. I watch HORROR movies, all found footage I’ve posted there are from decent to good horror movies, what would I care if 99% of them are shit? There’s great found footage films, marebito is a 2003 Japanese foundfootage and is among the best horror movies I’ve seen, what’s your point you mongoloid

1. Rosemary's Baby
2. The Wailing
3. Magic Magic
4. 28 Days Later
5. The Shining
6. Suicide Club
7. Kill List
8. Alien
9. Event Horizon
10. Trash Humpers

Not a 10/10 but has some really well done scenes

Attached: MV5BMTg2MTQ0MDIxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODM5NTg2NTE@._V1_.jpg (1530x2163, 825K)

Good movie, but not Horrifying

1. The Monster Squad
2. In the Mouth of Madness
3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4. Nightmare On Elm St
5. Halloween
6. The Blob (1988)
7. Night of the Living Dead (1990)
8. Night of the Comet
9. The Lost Boys
10. Creepshow

one of the many good horror movies from Ireland I have seen lately, that one with the dude and the lady trying to conjure some demon is great

I'm watching it right now and he kills his family after the first day in the hospital, when they are shown around and he hears the voice for the first time

Watch the commentary track. Its not meant to be interpreted that way
filmschoolrejects.com/commentary-session-9-bcf94bf9771a/

*Ahem*

Attached: Noroi.jpg (348x522, 52K)

A Dark Song?
That shit was shit.

better than 90% of all other horror trash

It was pretty good, check out The Devils Candy

Last 5 mins of Borderlands / the final prayer can cause panic attacks in those who are claustrophobic, great film.

It’s an insanely good film. Checkout tumbad, Indian folk horror but it’s unironically the best Indian movie of all time and excellent horror. So underrated by the same retards who say “found footage is all shit”

Op here. Please do not post anything from this list, it's not good.

Attached: SOI4.jpg (2300x2300, 604K)

>tumbad
Cheers I'll check it out.

>The last bottle
Kek.
Lake Mungo is also pretty kino. Not a 10/10, more of a 7/10 tier movie.

Attached: Lake Mungo.jpg (220x316, 17K)

Real OP here, stop impersonating me, but thx for posting this very important chart

More like a 5-6/10 horror movie and a 2/10 movie

10/10 is not vocalized as “ten ten” you retard it’s “ten out of ten” lmfao

The Wailing is the only 10/10 horror in the past decade.

Many people just say ten ten you fucking autist

If it’s the one I’m thinking of it had one of best jump scares I’ve seen pulled off.

Besides that I found it very bland non immersive, not enough despair and the effects of grief which was supposed to be a main theme weren’t properly felt throughout all the long boring sequences

If the wailing is a 10/10 there are atleast 5-8 other movies in past decade that are on its level

This part never fails to slay my sides.

Attached: Soyguments.jpg (561x46, 14K)

Like what? Everything i have seen have been 8s or lower.

yes and many people have an IQ in the double digits

Meh, i disagree. One of the few horror movies not to have a shit ending. It's also one of the few horror movies the deal with a coherent theme.
>not enough despair and the effects of grief which was supposed to be a main theme weren’t properly felt throughout all the long boring sequences
To me, i always saw the movie as more of a retrospective and "time to move on" look at grief, not "in the moment" grief. It deals with how people just start to move on with their lives after tragedies, while the dead are all eventually left behind and forgotten.

Tumbad
The Borderlands
Aterrados
Gonijiam
Reel

Just out the top of my head

so true

Borderlands and Gonijiam are overrated movies, Tumbbad and Aterrados look interesting though.

Cat People (1942)
Blood and Black Lace (1964)
Black Sunday (1960)
Eyes without a Face (1960)
Let the Right One In (2008)
Rosemary's Baby (1968)
Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979)
Kwaidan (1965)
Buried (2010)
Perfume (2007)

Even though I personally didn't find Perfume that scary in-fact its not even meant to be taken as a horror film I found the the idea and how it was executed to fit in with how horror movies work. I personally find all these films because they seem to be a mix between the rational and the irrational, tip-toeing a very fragile line that makes these films feel scary without resorting to violence. I find Rosemary's Baby is to be an allegory for home invasion and isolation; common interpretation really but when taken in what happened to Polanski's family the film really takes on a sinister meaning. Perhaps this why I excluded slashers which I enjoy but they don't really make me feel afraid as much as these films do.

Attached: ryan23.gif (500x230, 1001K)

>Only 10/10 horror pieces in here.

Kill List
Let the Right One In
Hereditary
Green Room
Don't Look Now
The Thing
Pan's Labyrinth
The Shining

the hunt
I think being called a pedo is scary

Green room? Really?

Why do people think Hereditary was good? I don't get it.

Attached: 093B4E6A-8466-4D1F-B8B4-C229DA90F3AE.gif (220x124, 155K)

Because if you're not a brainlet you realise each character/perspective represents a different type of mental illness, and they're portrayal is A: accurate and B: kino as fuck.

I thought Rosemarys baby showed how fucked up polanski is.

The hunt is the type of movie that you think is a great 10/10 watch that you only ever want to watch once.
I get so angry just thinking about this movie.

Green Room is fucking flawless.

It’s not, people who actual enjoy horror have already discussed, now all the retards who think shit like Hereditary is horror are coming out of the woodworks.

Go watch Reel, 100x better horror movie than hereditary and it’s done with 10000x less budget

If you have not seen Grave Encounters check it out.

>found footage

Being a contrarian is the opposite of "actually enjoying horror".

This is bait

Attached: MV5BMjExMjA5NjMwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzA1Mzk2MDE@._V1_UY1200_CR119 0 630 1200_AL_.jpg (630x1200, 131K)

The ultimate pleb filter
youtube.com/watch?v=iMP42SoWajQ

Attached: 51Fyk+T8pjL.jpg (338x500, 39K)

The conclusion of all the characters just felt really unsatisfying. Shit ending, good setup.
Absolutely based and honkpilled. Best horror theme ever.

Glad you liked it, i only really liked the cast and gore.

Man that movie was so fucking terrible. The only spooky thing is the cover.

Attached: the-mothman-prophecies-272707l-600x0-w-37670b73.jpg (600x889, 83K)

>all movies shot in this way suck

Okay brother, keep watching boring birdfood horror for the masses, it just doesn’t do anything for me

>make thread about 10/10 horror
>it's filled with every horror movie in existence
pottery

Most FF does tbqh.

99% of found footage is extremely bad

No blumhouse here.