Official Star Wars concept art

official Star Wars concept art

This is gonna be the most epic scene of the whole franchise

Attached: 1561556313729.jpg (1077x1044, 642K)

Who's wielding the light sabre?

a woman

Gonna be? It's not going to be. This is unused concept art for TFA.

Rey

>they actually considered the idea enough to have someone illustrate it

how thin is their hull that a lightsaber halfway in does that much damage?

>the plating of the destroyer no more than 2 feet, so stabbing it with a lightsaber is enough to destroy the ship
There you go, the state of the Star Wars franchise. You must have negative IQ in order to appreciate it.

Just turn your brain off

Can't wait to see your face after they put it in Rise of the Skywalker

That's not even half way like a third in.

>Can't wait to see your face after they put it in Rise of the Skywalker
Are you implying I'm gonna watch that tire fire?

so a few scratches inch deep (maybe a foot) into a spaceship is enough to cause it to crash? this is so dumb lmao

Oxygen up there must be pretty thin, I don't think this is a feasible attack. Also, given how much resistance Qui Gon had while trying to cut through blast doors, this would likely rip the saber right out of their hand at that speed

>Can't wait to see your face after they put it in Rise of the Skywalker

Attached: 558.jpg (700x734, 107K)

rose

It was never in a script. Like half of the concept art from TFA that gets posted is from the brainstorming period before they even had a script. Basically as soon as they decided they were doing another movie they just had a bunch of Lucasfilm artists throw a bunch of shit at the wall that they thought would be cool in a Star Wars movie.

i hate nu wars

Attached: 1560651570153.jpg (786x700, 53K)

lol Rey beat Vader's grandson in a lightsaber fight about 45 minutes after discovering the force

If you think things like "oxygen" or "established physics in the star wars universe" or "the blade of a lightsaber not being long enough to pierce the outer layer of a star destroyer" are legitimate, you need to rewatch TLJ because you are a fucking shitlord and seem to have forgotten that the force is female

So in thousands of years noone had the idea to mount a giant lazersword on top of a ship and just cut the enemy fleet open?

Why not build a sphere out of 20 lightsabers taped together at the hilt and launch it at the enemy ship? would melt right through it.

lel

Attached: PzlsQC3.png (599x400, 417K)

Imagine being Disney and not being able to come up with anything as cool as this.

Attached: 1544472026249.png (550x590, 283K)

Kylo was unbalanced, that's why he lost.

Remember in the other movies where it took time for lightsabers to cut through metal shielding and it wasn't just instantaneous?

They're no match for droidekas.

A strong woman.

X WING X WING

LIGHT SABERRRRRR XD

R2 D2 R2 D2

STAR DESTROYER XD XDXDXDXDXDXD

I love their design

In the real world, R&D on one topic often leads to 'happy accidents' and advances in other fields. For example, cell phone technology was an offshoot of research conducted into satellites and space travel

However, in the star wars universe, lightspeed travel was invented and made widespread without anyone ever considering its application as a tool of war until an hour and a half into Star Wars: Episode 8. Similarly, lightsabers have existed in-universe for tens of thousands of years and no one thought to use that technology to assault giant, easy to approach, immobile ships. And when they did, the idea was no more elegant than "I'm gonna fly close to it and hit it with my sword"

>This is unused concept art for TFA.

TBF this may actually be in Ep 9, but instead it's when Rey is riding on the tie fighter.

They used the sunken Death Star from the same TFA concept art and put it into this movie, so don't put it past 'em

>Basically as soon as they decided they were doing another movie they just had a bunch of Lucasfilm artists throw a bunch of shit at the wall that they thought would be cool in a Star Wars movie.
This is basically the same method George did with AotC and RotS.

Isn't cutting through a door with a lightsaber pretty slow? So, going off that, wouldn't achieving penetration with a sabre at those speeds result in it being ripped out of her hands, because the saber couldn't melt the hull fast enough to cleanly cut through the metal?

this is what Rey's flip is training for. To jump on top of a fighter and surf on it to do this

spaceships aren't made out of concrete bank-vault door shit dude. they're like tinfoil balloons

Didn't Luke have a hard time calling his lightsaber in the Wampa cave after 3 years of experience with the force? So, going off that, wouldn't moving a literal mountain with the force a couple of weeks after you discovered the force exists be impossible?

Disney Wars decided that the visual payoffs of fantastic events is worth throwing 40 years of established rules and logic into the garbage

They have to be made to withstand high caliber laserblasts, thus a lightsaber shouldn't do much.

i'm the grandson of a hero war doctor guy and i faint when someone knocks on the front door.

Imagine how tiring this strategy is just to take down one ship
Fucking kekked

>high caliper laser
now this is hard science-fiction

Rich Evans

Why don't they just make lightsaber torpedoes?

>Imagine how tiring this strategy is just to take down one ship
Yeah just use the ion cannon. 2 shots and disabled.

just like how bomber aircraft are made of bricks and mortar because they have to withstand high caliba bullet blasts

or better still - torpedo lightsabers

Attached: 1558459783537.jpg (1024x643, 100K)

>meet girl
>her last name is Aayla
>"oh like from the star wars movies?"
>she simply says "what?"
We didnt really talk anymore after that

Attached: 57ec29fa077dccf2018b8c62-750-563.png (750x563, 304K)

The difference is they don't need to worry about the same issues a terrestrial craft would being in space.

no way

>aircraft
>bullet
Not relevant in anyway.

>don't have to worry about mass
dude you think hyperfuel grows on trees?

Anything that can withstand a skyscraper sized ball of plasma can handle a yardstick sized one.

Yeah. Ig maybe in hindsight it was a dumb thing to say. But come on how the fuck are you not going to understand a reference directly tied to your name?

I was just reminded of the scene in TLJ where Leia Marry Poppins herself back and just casually opens the door in the face of everyone. Not even the vacuum of space fucking applies anymore

Attached: itstoomuch.jpg (467x447, 249K)

No it's mined from kessel.

who the fuck is Aayla? It's not like her name is R2D2.

Looks like Rose
Ew

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate, and say that COULD be explained by her being more powerful with the force. Is that fucking lame? Hell yeah it is, but we're talking about a lightsaber cutting through the hull of a star destroyer, and those don't get stronger the more ~force power~ you have.

Even if she used the force to hold the lightsaber in her hands, she would get ripped out of her x-wing. So, she would need to use the force to hold herself in the x-wing, and the lightsaber in her hands, but that wouldn't make the saber burn through the hull faster.
I guess lightsabers are just more powerful? I dunno

who's the söy on the ship? also ebin

luke is a fuckin amateur look at the prequel dudes they can basically fly
rey is like triple yodas power

Oh come on. Its not like i was out there name dropping some obscure EU character. She is literally in the movies pretty prominently

same shit

Attached: Star-Wars-The-Rise-of-Skywalker-Rey-Daisy-Ridley-leaps-over-Tie-fighter.jpg (1892x750, 82K)

oh it is shitposting

I don''t think that would really do much damage
maybe some lightsaber deep scratches but what is that really to a massive warship?

And this was explained by... her force sensitivity? Finn is force sensitive, too, does this mean he gets extra lives? Certainly we've seen that Rey is far, far, far more powerful with the force than Leia. One would assume if being Luke's sister gets you resurrection powers, being Rey gets you a lot more than that. Will they use this space nap ability to explain how Palpatine is still alive? That one actually seems plausible

The question becomes - how do they kill Leia offscreen in 9? If she can survive an explosion into fucking space and just need a nap to feel better, they can't exactly say she got clipped by a speeder bike

>Finn is force sensitive, too
Really?

>Rey going all Captain Marvel on Star Destroyers
I want to this happen just because it's so goddamned retarded.

I get your point, that outside of this concept art, the sequels have thrown away the rules of the force, and broadly force sensitivity, but not necessarily the rules of physics. I can point to the lightspeed ram, the bombers needing to 'drop' the payload in the opening sequence of 8, Rose slamming into Finn and both characters being fine/neither craft exploding, Rey knowing how to repair and fly the Falcon (The whole reason Luke and Obi-Wan met Han is because random orphans on desert planets don't know how to pilot starships)

I'm sure you would agree that these are not minor gaps in logic, but when compared to how the sequels have treated the force, are basically nothing

We both know that if ep 9 starts a year after 8 ends, and Rey has been training in the time off, she's canonically going to be able to do fucking anything

maybe she's moving at hyperspeed too

Bob Iger.

It's not about Leia surviving in space (which Disney can wave away with their nu-force). It's about her opening a fucking door into space when she gets back. Poe, and I think Finn, is standing right on the other side. They would get sucked out immediately. Worst part is that moments ago Leia did get sucked into space when the bridge blows up. It's just a braindead mess.
>how do they kill Leia offscreen in 9?
10 bucks says that Disney won't kill her. It's not boring enough. They'll probably send her on another diplomatic mission to get support. We'll see a quick goodbye between her and Rey while Chewbacca just stands useless in a corner

>Oi, that tart over there is keying my destroyer. Wut we gonna do 'bout it General
>Nothing? Well why not?!? We could just blaster her with any of the dozens of deck guns and...
>No? "Just let her do it"? Well abandon ship I guess.

He's going to force his BBC down your sensitive throat yes.

I mean whats the point of doing that if they can just lightspeed through ships now?

>cuts through ten inches of 50 foot thick reinforced durasteel plating
>It explodes

Uhhh

Attached: 1554486645475.jpg (640x480, 35K)

>a couple of weeks after you discovered the force
Its literally 2~3 days after she discovered the force was real.

you just know her dad though about blue tiddes when he named her

Attached: eroibneroiber.png (307x683, 359K)

just like my MGR games except it doesn't fit the theme at all

cant wait for Star Wars Theory or Thor Skywalker to make a 2 min video of this gonna be so epic

Just turn your brain off. Don't question, just endlessly consume the product we give you.

Why does nu-wars just hate space so goddamn much?

Keying the side of a battleship brings it down, just wow

This reminds me of the intro to the Other Guys. Where the Rock and Sam Jackson just jump off a building when trying to catch some bank robbers and then wind up dead.

But here, there is no joke. They take that shit serious.

These movies became a joke because the Jedi became less individuals born with innate abilities who honed their skills and were powerful, but grounded figures in their environment. The reason I think a lot of people hated EP III was because it became more about doing cool shit rather than grounded figures fighting within the guidelines of their established universe.

Force powers have become just lazy as Deus Machina for lazy writing.

Like that fucking hand in the air. That fucking fighter is going near MACH 1. How in the fuck is his face not kissing his asshole from the wind Resistance?

Fucking how.

didn't qui gon have so much trouble trying to get through trade federation blast doors that he gave up after a while? It's been well established that thick armor can thwart a lightsaber.

so by that logic, anakin after the youngling harvest would lose to luke in ANH because he was unbalanced?

> Finn is force sensitive, too

Nice asspull

Not sure if this is sarcasm or genuine retardation

>TBF this may actually be in Ep 9, but instead it's when Rey is riding on the tie fighter.
That person is Rey, it's just a concept when they didn't even know what they were doing but KK told them it's about a jedi girl

Poe Dameron. He'll be force sensitive.

Anakin after the youngling harvest was full dark no unbalanced there.

these guys were cool to have as legos

>This comment is very sexist and you should be ashamed for posting it.

That's one of Disney's pre-made reply for their PR division when they want to defend this ridiculous scene.

how dare you

Star Wars/40k crossover when?

Attached: untitled.png (500x356, 281K)

As if cutting a star destroyer a couple feet deep with a light saber would even accomplish anything

How thick is the hull

The OP pic isn't in any of the movies.

How do you know? you work at bad robot?

Read the thread user. No need to get irrationally angry at something that doesn't exist.

> cries when he's on mustafar
> constantly turns off his lightsaber to try and talk to obi wan
> welcomes padme happily before he feels like he's been betrayed

vs

> Ben just says that he's unbalanced and is constantly told by snoke that he is

How am I angry by asking you a question? IX is recycling old concepts from TFA, it's totally possible that this concept has been recycled as well

even modern tanks have plating that is much deeper...

>How am I angry by asking you a question?
see

exactly
The x fighter would crash into the star destroyer the second the lightsaber touched the hull.
I feel like the people working on today's star wars got 5 stills from the previous movies as reference.
I bet they didn't even think about what would happen if you dropped a lightsaber blade down.

uhm dude have you heard of The Force? She's using The Force?

What would happen if it did drop blade down?

Sith can still feel emotions user, they aren't just lol chaotic evil all the time. Ren has been shown that he is conflicted tge scene where he kills Han shows it enough. At the end of three Anakin isn't conflicted he fully believes what he's doing is right it's why he gets upset that Padme didn't agree with him.

No one ever called star wars hard scifi
Also blasters and turbolasers arent actually lasers, just like 'lightspeed' isn't the speed of light

What will actually happen if 9 loses money? We're 6 months out from the conclusion of the trilogy and from a marketing perspective the franchise is flat lining

"revaluation" will be the word.

the franchise will "take a break"
which means mothballing until people forget

blame white males

remember when Luke cut open that AT-AT hatch? Lets have Rey do that but like bigger

Star Wars is basically science-fantasy