/sfm/ Screenwriting and Filmmaking General

Good Morning Friends.

What you working on?
Inspired from?

Attached: 1561466448991.jpg (640x425, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/GCEBhu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do you match the color grading of a green screen footage with the actors?

Debating on doing a documentary to see if I like filmmaking enough to start studying it seriously

Writing a screenplay about a psychopathic and closeted homosexual teenage hockey player. I’ve been working on it since 2014 and it’s still not even close to being finished

I'm working on an abstract/somewhat surreal feature film right now. Should be done in a couple months

I was originally gonna try to find a distributor for the movie but honestly I think the days of successful microbudget films are over, so I think I'm just gonna release it for free online.

It's been very gratifying making this thing, even if I never make a penny from filmmaking it's totally worth it.

This is your first script right? Let me guess you, you only work when you get an inspiration?

>"today Im gonna fucking write"
>go to work
>"Im gonna fucking write. Im gonna do it"
>come home from work
>"After making and eating dinner, Im gonna fucking write"
>finish dinner
>"Alright, couple episodes of Seinfeld and The Terror, and then Im gonna fucking write"
>Get on PC
>open Trelby
>"Im gonna write"
>write one page of inane dialogue that doesn't capture me and seems boring
>"I wrote. Time to shitpost"

Attached: 1482346356173.png (515x433, 318K)

I think the fact that I'm NEET makes it much easier to be creative. I can work on my films whenever I want and I'm never drained from a wagecuck job.

I was a former NEET, Id say so as well, Id still procrastinate like hell, but I had infinitely more time compared to now.

I think also, I just can't translate my ideas to page very well. I think in set pieces, and so I tend to just fill the voids with boring shit til I can do the cool scenes I want.

nice to see this thread

Im NEET and i think its easier to be uncreative than in "working life".

Its not the process of writing thats hard, its the start and for that i have one really good technique; Write for 15mins. No matter what. Open the dumbass Final Draft whatever.
Look at time. Then dont open phone or change program or anything else for AT LEAST 15minutes. Stare at the blank screen for 15minutes if you have to.
I can always fool myself into writing with this and the best part is: You almost never write 15minutes, its always more - but if you only write for 15. Good. You did it.

With this you can begin to work consistently and have your script/project move forward daily. And thats what kills your projects and imagination: stagnation.

t. Ville

Yes, first one.

And yes, only when I get inspiration. It also doesn’t help that I’ll write something one day and then a month later think it’s crap and delete it all

This is your problem; you dont work - you hobby write.
Real artists find inspiration daily, and if they dont they make it anyway.
My first script also took the longest time, but i was really happy with it. Its my "passion project" its dumb but i dont care, it inspires me and pushed me onto pursuing this art. I think you should just finish the screenplay and get it out - then you will know better if something is off.

t. Ville

what's it gonna be about?

you're probably doing it wrong, you should be brainstorming your film ideas throughout the day, not when you sit down to write, that's how I work at least
several times a day I take bathroom breaks or whatever to jot down some notes on my phone to add to the story when I have time
I pretty much can't stand in front of a pc screen if I don't know beforehand what I'm gonna write, even if I end up not using any of it and write something completely different

The scrap metal industry in Chicago following a polish immigrant, and Mexican, a black guy, and a Mexican woman. I wanted some younger people but none have any substance to their stories besides "my dad does it so I do too"

>Real artists find inspiration daily,
Reminder to anyone getting anxious, "inspiration" in this case means shitting out the same cliché soap opera genre wank that's all over network television. Writers aren't exactly making masterpieces, they're making things that you go "well I could make that".

One of the surprising things about getting to know people in the industry is how fucking pedestrian everyone are in their tastes, the only thing separating a normal schlub from an experienced producer is literally just experience.

that's pretty interesting desu

neet vs work life creativity depends on the job imo

by grading it

t. someone who hasnt finished single script

>you only work when you get an inspiration
I do this, how to be able to work all the time?

I've finished several, I'm just tired of the hubris of the "creatives" of network television. People there are genuinely fucking stupid.

you're talking about tv, they are commissioned to churn out cookie cutter shit, they probably hate what they do

For feedback, collabs or work sharing
discord.gg/GCEBhu

Please make these threads more frequent. We need Yea Forums,the REAL Yea Forums back. These threads are a diomand among the heap of sneed and /pol/bait.