Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/116324262/#116324262
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Snyder

1999-2004 Shyamalan

Villeneuve

cronenberg

I actually need to watch more of that nigger

That's hard to pick, here are some of my favourites.
Bresson, Angelopoulos, Mizoguchi, Antonioni, Vláčil, Tarr, Hawks, Dreyer, Kieslowski, Rivette, Tsai Ming Liang, Yang, Visconti

Attached: monica-vitti-michelangelo-antonioni-venezia-antonioni-e1deb562edab1f9efa8c3154485cf023-large-1395234 (1280x967, 171K)

Spielberg, Tarantino, the list goes on...

That's a big ass list my dude. If you had to recommend one film what would it be?

Air Bud

Steven spelberg

Valley of the Bees, seems like not a lot of people have seen it. It's shame because it's great.

Attached: udoli_vcel_nataceni_filmovani_cb1209_denik-630-16x9.jpg (630x354, 48K)

Nolan or Cameron

>Don Siegel, PTA, Leone, the list goes on

Malick

A.German

Attached: jle8mzs9ec1jherlj07z.jpg (800x450, 76K)

Sam Peckinpah.

Attached: 1cc.jpg (1050x591, 88K)

Elia Kazan

Coens

Actual decent ratio of shitposts:unironic posts in here. Colour me impressed

Rebels of the Neon God, Blow-Up, Street of Shame, and Yi Yi

Terrence Malick

Attached: malickandbale.jpg (956x705, 137K)

>"What's your favorite director?"
>not allowed to name.your favorite director

Good because your favourite director isn't worth posting

>3 hours of feces

Fuck you

this guy

Attached: sono.jpg (665x1000, 91K)

Demy. No one comes close.

Kind of a normie choice but probably Scorsese

Cherbourg or Rochefort?

>he thinks pretending to dislike true kinosseurs makes him look cultured

Not him but Hard to be a God is pretty great. Other German's films are also great. Khrustalyov My Car is great.
Not even the best FNW director desu.

Model Shop.

The only reason I excluded them is because I like them. I want to get recommended stuff I'm not familiar with

But of those, Cherbourg. That scene in the snowy gas station is one of the moments of my life.

Gratuitous use of fecal matter is further away from greatness as you could possibly be. I'd be sad he wasted his last years creating something like that if his work didn't insult me so much.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/116324262/#116324262
Here is a good thread for you.
It's a nice atmospheric film. What’s so bad about showing fecal matter? Especially when he tries to put the viewer into a certain mood and when it represents the time and place accurately.

carpenter & craven

Cronenberg, Jarmusch, Carpenter

Darabont most likely

Ava DuVernay

Attached: ava-duvernay-what-gives-her-hope.jpg (1500x1001, 197K)

>It's a nice atmospheric film
Ruined by the hideous sound design and the low effort, performance art level, use of shit.
>What’s so bad about showing fecal matter?
If you want to be so vile and lowly you need to earn it but the movie literally opens up with someone shitting on people. It's insulting and unnecessary.
>it represents the time and place accurately
That's very incorrect the middle ages were not the shit and mud filled time that people think it was. But that can be excused considering the premise of the movie.

What truly pisses me off about the movie is how gorgeous it is when it's not showing feces or having someone snort loudly in your ear.

I didn't have a problem with sound design. But what's insulting about showing fecal matter? The movie is dirty from the beginning, you know what you can expect from the rest of the film.

Have you seen Marketa Lazarová?

>But what's insulting about showing fecal matter?
It's lazy, anyone can create discomfort by showing shit.

No, I haven't seen it and I'm not going to revisit elitist cinematography any time soon after witnessing the prowess of German.

Not really, the film doesn't only show shit to create the atmosphere.

>elitist cinematography
Kek. Hard to be a God is divisive and inaccessible film. If you liked the cinematography then you may like Marketa. It has a strange sound design, on purpose. It has a normal story, it's not 3 hour mood piece. There is also no shit in the film iirc.

Then what is it using it for? Symbolism? Gee, I wonder what shit of all things could represent. It's lazy.

I meant that the atmosphere is not only created by shit. Wasn't there also a donkey cock? That's a great way to create some good atmosphere.

John Ford

Paul Verhoeven

Fincher, Aronofsky, von Trier

Attached: 38081445_949111691938546_5120643053207420928_n.jpg (1080x1064, 75K)

Fellini

Attached: 3b39cfcf9b3b54667af1a1b031830634--la-strada-trumpet.jpg (710x533, 58K)

you're so cool how many directors with foreign names you can name.

Have you ever considered that some people on Yea Forums actually watch movies instead of just shitposting?

All of those directors are well known. Maybe except for Angelopoulos and Vláčil. Also whether they are foreign depends on your nationality. Not everybody is an American.

>Having a favorite director
Do you also have a favorite McDonalds regional manager? Jesus Christ, how pathetic.

>Food analogy

Attached: 1.jpg (5000x3408, 1.85M)

Dreyer

Rian Johnson

Sneed

mann

PTA and Cassavettes

Probably Okada Kazuchika