Hey Yea Forums, what are the most spiritual films? films that make you want to become an ascetic...

hey Yea Forums, what are the most spiritual films? films that make you want to become an ascetic. films that make you want to level up spiritually.

Attached: download.jpg (343x147, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r_PwxVm37sA
youtu.be/uYhv0O0gUTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

eraserhead

The Fountain

Valhala Rising. The silence of the main character was just so ascetic.

I'm having trouble thinking of spiritual films dealing with asceticism. In Little Buddha in part tells the life story of Siddhartha, so you can try that.

youtube.com/watch?v=r_PwxVm37sA

Attached: 8555.D_1200_700.jpg (1200x700, 315K)

Attached: ssfws.jpg (385x550, 50K)

whoa

Attached: The Tree of Life Poster.jpg (1394x2048, 705K)

It was recommended by an user on Yea Forums a few years ago. It is both a war movie and a spiritual one. Very good. Very emotional.

Attached: theburmeseharp.jpg (345x483, 52K)

Amitabha almsgiver I reccomend you try the fountain

Attached: 10145069.jpg (640x360, 28K)

check Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds and Samadhi the Movie on utube

youtu.be/uYhv0O0gUTk

you can't get more ascetic than the very Creator God of all that exists setting aside His majesty to add to Himself a Human Nature, and then having taken upon Himself such flesh, setting that too aside so as to die for all that repent and belief in Him... but the Passion of the Christ is a deeply flawed film with a couple of extra-biblical legends thrown in by old Mel, so i can't really recommend it

that being said, since every other form of spirituality is illegitimate, that's as good as you're gonna get

Attached: POC.jpg (667x1000, 872K)

That's a fucking kino film right there.

The Adventures of Mark Twain

Flowers of Saint Francis

I've thought of another film. Brother Sun, Sister Moon is about Saint Francis and the founding of the Franciscan Order. Francis starts the film as a worldly man but gives it all up to serve God in poverty. It was directed by Franco Zeffirelli who also directed Romeo and Juliet (1968) and Jesus of Nazareth. It is good, you should watch it.

Attached: Fratello-sole-sorella-luna-1972.mkv.jpg (1602x1472, 624K)

>The silence of the main character was just so ascetic.
Nah, that's just toxic masculinity.

The wailing

Just can't comprehend how he was able to create this and 3-Iron, which are masterpieces, and then all his other films are failures.

Any Tarkovsky flick

spbp

Star Trek: The Final Frontier