GET BACK IN FORMATION YOU DRUNKEN FOOL!

>GET BACK IN FORMATION YOU DRUNKEN FOOL!
what's the correct move here?

Attached: 356189-sepik.jpg (1515x1999, 1.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

barrystrauss.com/podcast/
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qykl/episodes/player
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Mr. Hickey why have you teleported me to the battle of Alesia god damn it Hickey you are RUINING this expedition

Attached: agh fucking hickey.jpg (349x326, 61K)

run the hell back out of the Teutoberger forest before the fucking Germans show up. and take the Eagle standard with you.

fuck, kek

where was the massive double wall that they were fighting between? just looks like they were fighting in the woods

Attached: 1545014903484.jpg (700x649, 100K)

Prequel series when?

Attached: image.jpg (1400x1400, 293K)

damn that's hot

VIDIVENI

Attached: image.jpg (424x500, 46K)

VICI

Attached: 1544984466544.png (424x500, 281K)

wow rule 34 is the only truth

>darth vader references

Catonian propaganda!

Attached: Trvebreadbvlletin .jpg (950x534, 71K)

I finished the show.

9/10.
My only real complaint is that whole Jew prince plot. I understand they wanted to set up the 20k gold plot but did they really have to spend so much time on the slave and his brother?

>y-you too

that part with the whistle was fan-fic tho. The vast majority of them have been found in camps, not battle sites. So they probably used them for music and/or drilling but not fighting.

>not reading actual historians but a fucking wiki warrior with a mic

the theme of Rome was that women are the cause of all problems.

Gee and I though the theme was that the system built to govern a city state cracked after imperial extension coinciding with a massive cash flow to the capital and the creation of warrior kings like Pompey or Ceasar.

LEL

>You know I never asked what your Patronymic surname is
>It's Di Trolius
>Finnicus Di Trolius.. My arch nemesis.
>...
>You know you can call me Vittus.
>I know.
>So say it. Let me hear you say "Ave Vittus!"
>... Ave, Vittus.
>Not much Finnicus! Except that I have a surprise for you.
>Two tickets to see Lucius Annaeus Seneca's show in the theater tonight!
>Aww.. Thanks Vittus, but I don-
>Don't pull that cacare with me Finnicus. You're going.
>My carriage has arrived. I'll see you at the theater tonight. At sundown, sharp. And I don't like to miss the Prologue.

Attached: 1561390149497.jpg (1512x1135, 188K)

But It didn't cut that deep. The story revolved around the characters and less about Rome itself.

Nope.

Julius Ceasar would have continued to lead Rome to a golden age but some jealous saggy thot conspired to kill him.

Read my post again. I never implied that he wouldn't.
Pre-modern societies are governed by people. That's part of the problem.

Attached: 1727050.jpg (303x475, 35K)

one of the most based emperors

>Having therefore advised his brother, his nephew, and his friends one by one to look out each for his own safety as best they could, he embraced and kissed them all and sent them off. Then going to a retired place he wrote two notes, one of consolation to his sister, and one to Nero's widow Messalina, whom he had intended to marry, commending to her his corpse and his memory. Then he burned all his letters, to prevent them from bringing danger or harm to anyone at the hands of the victor. He also distributed what money he had with him among his servants.

>When he had thus made his preparations and was now resolved upon death, learning from a disturbance which meantime arose that those who were beginning to depart and leave the camp were being seized and detained as deserters, he said 'Let us add this one more night to our life" (these were his very words), and he forbade the offering of violence to anyone. Leaving the door of his bedroom open until a late hour, he gave the privilege of speaking with him to all who wished to come in. After that, quenching his thirst with a draught of cold water, he caught up two daggers, and having tried the point of both of them, put one under his pillow. Then closing the doors, he slept very soundly. When he at last woke up at about daylight, he stabbed himself with a single stroke under the left breast; and now concealing the wound, and now showing it to those who rushed in at his first groan, he breathed his last and was hastily buried (for such were his orders) in the thirty-eighth year of his age and on the ninety-fifth day of his reign.

Attached: otho1.jpg (367x552, 45K)

Definitely don't punch the fucking Centurion.

was supposed to be the basis for the 3rd season. it's better that they ended at 2.

Attached: majorian.webm (480x360, 2.64M)

He's intentionally dumbing it down for the masses of dumb people, in a misguided yet admirable attempt to make them less dumb. Don't be so judgmental, he's doing a net good, probably.

[glass him]

How am I supposed to take these furfags seriously?

Attached: image.jpg (767x1023, 174K)

As infuriating as it is, nothing pisses me off more than the fall of Constantinoples

Go full Testudo mode

1204, never forget

>deposed, arrested, and beheaded by other (((powerful figures)))

And who were these figures, specifically?

Lel

I meant 1453 actually

I love Dan but this is fucking cringe

Are there any IRL historians with podcasts?

got you famalam

Attached: images (29).jpg (220x220, 6K)

Yes, quite a few.
barrystrauss.com/podcast/ (decent, but too entry level for me)
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qykl/episodes/player (the best there is, filled with amazing scholar and the regime is also tight so they have to be precise)

What's his name user?

>muh wiki
Or you do both and more.
Stop being a fag.

>defending Carlin
brainlet confirmando

>Not listening to Carlin's podcasts and then reading into some of the interesting sources and books he cites as a way to dive deeper into the subjects he covers.
Being a contrairain faggot doesn't make you seem intelligent, user.

I recognize that artstyle - is this the artist that draws the 40k lewds with Brother Dimetrius?

>Caesar is like Darth Vader
>Sulla is like Clint Eastwood
We get it Dan, you watch a lot of movies

Attached: Ntpb4RM.jpg (819x566, 313K)

He can't know which books are relevant, he lacks the education to do so. If you wanna something noob-friendly with the possibility to dive deeper I recommend the Cambridge Ancient History handbooks.

Constantinople was an utter shell of its former glory after 1204. Most of the city burned down by its own defenders, population a fraction of what it was, all icons and jewelry melted and given to the crusaders as tribute. It may have existed in name, but it really existed as a wasteland for the next 200 years.

Plus 1204 feels worse because it was "fellow Christians" who did it. Never trust Catholics.

this post made me as wet as october

He never even mentions anything about being a historian and constantly reminds the listener that he isn't an expert in any subject he's talking about, he gives people who are unknowledgable about the subject a brief introduction. Jesus christ user take this fat black stick out of your ass

they look cool as fuck. don't let modern degens ruin it.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1152x720, 93K)

>"You know, Brutus my son, with great Consulship comes great Imperium. Gaius Marius once called it “Rome’s Burden." Myself, I just call it as I see it: the responsibility of the civitas to discipline the barbarians.”
>Gaius Julius Caesar looks directly at the Plebeian Council.
>"The Belgae, the Arverni, the Helvetii...It's our responsibility to civilize them. And if we can't? Then they shall hang from the crucifix. The Day of the Cross is near, Brutus. We'll have every Gaul in the provincia dead or in chains in 10 years, and may Mars have me lynched in the senate this very Ides if I'm wrong. Vivat crescat floreat, Populares."

Attached: cliff-robertson-wallpapers.jpg (485x263, 116K)

Attached: 1539872754564.png (539x960, 464K)

good post friend

*has a seizure in your kitchen*

pfff, nothinga personnel, gallia...

I'm a catholic and I agree.
I'll fuck your girlfriend and neither use a condom nor pull out, because it's a sin.

rome a gay, get fucked in the forest manlets

Attached: germanic[1].jpg (600x413, 51K)

Lmao, Mr. Hickey didn't end up escaping fate

Attached: Mr. Hickey.jpg (800x450, 192K)

Based Dan

some amerimutt

Francis let's go!

Attached: The.Terror.S01E06.1080p.WEB.H264-DEFLATE.mkv_snapshot_33.05_[2018.04.18_18.53.47].jpg (1920x1080, 161K)

I recognize this statue

Name one actual dig of a roman field battle site aside from the one found in Harzhorn

The warrior depicted isn't from Gaul. It's a Greek depiction of a wounded Galatian warrior from Anatolia.

>literally spends the whole first hour talking about how Caesar “genocided the Gauls”
>gets to the actual events
>it literally never happens

Attached: ECD71B89-D419-4F01-8808-03ECEF3286ED.jpg (576x343, 50K)

*falls asleep*

Galatians were Celtic you know.

Have sex

What the fuck this clearly Germanic cultural appropriation

Galatians weren’t losers that got genocided, though

Get BACK IN FORMATION Mister Hickey! You are making this legion into an absolute SHAMBLES

Name my band Yea Forums

Attached: Late Roman house reenactment.jpg (2048x1365, 341K)

Why did Hickey save everyone from the fire if he was bananas?

Attached: C6324577-5B42-4DB2-9C9C-40DA7033AEDC.jpg (320x432, 39K)

>genocided
Never happened

He wanted people to look up to him the way they looked up at Crozier