In this reimagined version...

>In this reimagined version, a young Native American woman living in a rural area and a young man from Chicago discover they are magically and intermittently swapping bodies. When a disaster threatens to upend their lives, they must journey to meet and save their worlds.

Attached: 1550279212803.jpg (758x568, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
angryanimebitches.com/2016/11/thoughts-on-kimi-no-na-wa/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torikaebaya_Monogatari
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>marc webb
EAT SHIT

Why should this be "remade"? Makes no sense.

It performed ten times better than Marvel movies in Japan. They think an americanized version of the same concept will produce the same money.

OR maybe America just wants dumb capeshit and Japan wants romantic drama anime.

Attached: 1561237677431.jpg (480x485, 34K)

lmao WHY

>they use each other's cell phones and mark each other's calendars for months without realizing they're living in different years

EXPLAIN THIS

FINDS

Live action remakes don't make sense. It will fail no matter how good the source material is.

I sometimes forget the current year number. and during vacations I don't know nor check current date or even day we are on. maybe I am a fuckup but I am some will relate

>Young man from Chicago
>Not a city boy born and raise in south Detroit

>it's shit
>it will only bring more attention to the original

>it's good
>you have two good movies as opposed to one

What's to complain about?

Attached: 1560718908346.jpg (943x1080, 162K)

Pretty much this.
To sell tickets to minorities, SJWs, landwhales who love SciFi romance, normalfags who care about the original's success, weaboos who will watch it just to sperg online.

Oh shit, it's happening.

Attached: sip34534.png (908x762, 474K)

This was a superior flick and should get more attention than your name.

Attached: 81ij1VdzzHL._SL1500_.jpg (1193x1500, 256K)

That demographic isn't enough to compare to capeshit. It's a waste of money to make this.

Attached: eternal engine.jpg (1063x546, 51K)

>It performed ten times better than Marvel movies in Japan
based chinks

>Re-Remake

Attached: The-Lake-House-glass-house-with-maple-tree-in-center[1].jpg (800x330, 93K)

>young man from Chicago
hahahahahah ok

You're probably old, out of HS, don't attend college or don't have a job where you have to pay attention to dates.
The truly bothersome thing is High School students have to be very aware of dates because they write them on their lessons and have to worry about monthly exams and shit.

That's not really how that works for live action bastardizations of anime.

>It's shit
>The source must be shit

>It's shit
>People think this is the source any don't care to learn otherwise

Attached: 1424450263412.gif (800x428, 1.95M)

idk felt more emotionally manipulative at times and part of the character motivations didn't make sense when the group falls apart and then gets back together. Really suffers in the second act but better than most movies tbqhf

Attached: musubi.jpg (1610x1018, 499K)

Let me predict how the story is going
>Native American woman living in 2019
>White republican guy living in 2025
>Guy slowly realizes how hard it is for a minority in the USA and renegs on his racist views over the duration of the movie. When he is trying to meet up with the girl
>He finds out the girl is actually from the past before Trump started the WW3 nuclear wars
>Movie ends with the guy being arrested for having anti-republican views and shot by the Trump dictatorship.

The entire point of the movie will be to change your racist views before it kills the minorities and causes a global war.

Already a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

>live action anime adaptation

Attached: 1526621066689.png (476x750, 332K)

maybe I'm dumb as shit can you explain why that serves as an explanation

>re-re-remake

Attached: Il-Mare-011.jpg (600x350, 57K)

The plot is actually this.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

I guess that is a good way to make money off self-hating "progressives". Make them feel guilty if they don't go spend money on consumerist bullshit.

Attached: 9f52fd33c9bccee038b8c4264e9b26d052876912r1-540-304_00.gif (320x180, 598K)

lol no

Please tell me its based on some book

My calendar app doesn't even show the year until I move several months ahead or behind to a different year. Stock android, pixel 2. No place that shows the year either on the phone. Don't know if iPhone is different.

Not to mention the entire time it takes place in dreams, an environment known for being hard to remember or recall certain details. How many dreams do you have that take place

Those people wouldn't watch the original to begin with.

i prefer the copypasta instead of this political shoehorned shit

the morally corrupt practise of wanting to make a quick buck out of someone else's original idea?
the fact that americans take all the soul of the original film and destroy it in favour of pandering to their audience, dumbing out every aspect to appeal to the lowest common denominator?
the fact that americans are OBSESSED with race shit and political activism that they introduce it in everything they make or don't make?

>Those people wouldn't watch the original to begin with.
uh, exactly. That is the entire demographic for an anime remake. People who wouldn't ever watch the original because it is anime.

Attached: th34few.png (500x281, 96K)

>a young Native American woman living in a rural area

Looking forwards to the cool, spiritual, close to nature depiction and not addiction and rape culture

>and a young man from Chicago

Attached: 1374783518_8fbec96aff7f9148503703f4ee62081a.jpg (750x750, 50K)

They didn't say if they were on a reservation though. That's where all the shit goes down.

Haven't you realized they've recently made adaptations of Death Note, GitS and now Cowboy Bebop? Japan is trying to get into the mainstream again. They probably got the rights for cheap.
Webb hasn't directed any movies in some time, so he's either producing it as well or they hired him for cheap.
>keywords: teenagers, romance, comedy, diversity, scifi, impending natural disaster
It's literally made to sell to every major demographic group with trendy bullshit.

Why are you bringing capeshit into the discussion? You are aware films don't have to make 1 billion to be successful or relevant, do you?

In hollywood Chicago is still mostly white.

The thing is most people that would watch your name don't know about it yet. It was never marketed well in the states. You know how books get huge new marketing campaigns when movies based on them come out? You'll get a fair amount of new advertising for the original.

I can tell just from the cover art that it's not

it might turn out to be good like vanilla sky but it was a normieshit anime movie in the first place so I doubt it

People who are familiar with anime and aren't opposed to it as a medium will already know about this movie.

Everyone else is who a live action version is for and it fails every single time. Even with huge budgets and mega famous actors like they had in GiTs.

Koe no Katachi is fucking exemplary. Incredible animation with the perfect balance of KyoAni touch and recreation of the source art, a lovely tale of a boy realizing his wrongs and having been on the recieving end of exactly what he dished out, with a girl that tries her absolute hardest despite the obstacles she faces and breaks in the process, an accurate portrayal of teenage angst and the messes that accompany it, moments that evoke empathy and make you care about the characters, and most importantly an incredible life lesson to live by.
Watch first, then read. The manga is better, with out a doubt. But you do yourself a disservice by not watching Koe no Katachi.

Do you guys actually think the writers somehow found out about keit-ai and made this movie due to it?

Soul
Soulless

It's the supernatural element of the movie, to return they forget the experiences as each other and describe it as a dream, even at one point his phone messages delete themselves in front of his eyes.

Attached: knnw.webm (1280x720, 2M)

>People who are familiar with anime and aren't opposed to it as a medium will already know about this movie.
But very popular light novels inevitably get sales increases when they get adapted to anime (even when the anime is very bad), despite anyone who "isn't opposed to it as a medium should already know about it."

I thought that only happened when the magic left (literally because of the close of 'magic hour' and figuratively by the passing of the comet). They seem to have full knowledge of the situation when in their normal bodies before that

Yep read the light novels of overlord after seeing the anime even though I already knew of them before the anime aired.

Anime is just an easy introduction to a franchise without too much commitment. But a 1:30 anime or 1:30 live action movie shouldn't make any difference.

My girlfriend and all her female friends already saw kimi no na ha. Who the hell is going to watch the live action movie? kimi no na ha is already mainstream with the average normalfag "harry potter" girl.

Are we talking about the west or in Japan? Those are two very different things when it comes to anime.

what was the date in your last dream?

>actually having dreams
You still have a chance to make it user.

yes the connection is tenuous until they re-unite at twilight when it is strongest and he even recalls her memory of trying to meet him in tokyo years before

This isn't the reason they're pursuing it. To pitch even a mid-budget production to a studio, unless you're a very well established director, you need to pitch a property. Properties have in-built audiences that kickstart a feedback in the early marketing cycle and significantly decrease tail-risk of box office performance.

They're not adapting Kimi no Na Wa because they think it's a great premise that'll rake in cash on the merits of the writing alone, there's literally piles of spec scripts in their basement with comparable premises. They're adapting it because there's a set amount of people that are going to see it no matter what, and a set amount of word-of-mouth it's going to get before it even comes out.

Attached: JapanCaliFlag.png (3472x2315, 1.08M)

Japan.

But the exact same thing happens with novels in the US. Sales inevitably increase when they get adapted into movies. Even when they are bad, look at the fifty shades film trilogy

I guarantee you at least half of all anime watchers in the US don't use any anime social media or follow anime news sites, they just watch what's available on netflix or what's recommended by their friends.

Everyone who isn't "against anime as a medium" should have already seen Evangelion, but we've had nonstop threads for a week now about people who are just starting to watch Evangelion for the first time simply because it has been marketed by Netflix. It's nowhere near cut and dry as you seem to think it is.

>nonstop threads for a week now about people who are just starting to watch Evangelion for the first time simply because it has been marketed by Netflix.

The sheeple mentality of people never ceases to amaze me. You might be right.

I still doubt this will turn a profit.

>they just watch what's available on netflix or what's recommended by their friends.
Me and everyone I know is like this. I didn't even realize people followed anime news sites and/or social media? Who the fuck does that? The anime community is the worst community in the world. You'd want to stay as far away from them as possible.

I've seen hundreds of anime. Normal people just exclusively watch completed anime (not ongoing). My tip is to go 1 year back and look at the highest rated anime pick the ones you think you'll like and binge watch them.

I watch 3-10 anime a year this way and get to see the best of the best without all of that bullshit like talking about the anime while it's ongoing. It's a far superior experience and everyone I know does this including my girlfriend and her female friends. It's the true millenial method of anime consumption.

Frequenting anime social media and communicating about ongoing anime is something for zoomers.

high iq post

Light novel sales in the West are laughably low if you compare them to any popular YA series.

In Japan it's common for publishers to fund and sponsor the adaptations in order to increase sales of the novels/manga through exposure, because the real money is in book sales. Making an anime adaptation is also pretty damn cheap and the majority of them are just for hardcore weebs, not Western mainstream audiences.
A live action adaptation in both Japan and the West is different because of the larger budget required to make a film.

>Frequenting anime social media and communicating about ongoing anime is something for zoomers.

Pretty sure you got that backwards. Zoomers are the ignorant netflix goers who think "netflix originals" means netflix made the anime.

People in their 30s and are still anime fans are watching things as they air.

Attached: 5fd262e3615660efc42d30f55b968dc3f84aaf84r1-640-603v2_uhq.png (640x603, 558K)

if you actually do this, why do you think your opinion matters since any anime you see is brand new to you

I'm just telling you what the mainstream hardcore anime fan does (100+ anime seen). People discussing anime online or watching stuff ongoing is the vast minority of us.

It's mostly younger people and NEETs that do that. Most of the original anime viewers such as early 2000s emo girls, or people growing up with toonami never dropped anime. We simply switched to binging completed anime every year while not interacting with the community in any way shape or form due to how cancerous it is.

Just wanting to point out that you're not "not hardcore" if you don't interact with any anime communities outside of just watching the shows themselves, that is the vast majority of hardcore older watchers.

Native Americans are just Asians without the alcohol tolerance

bruh you're interacting right now
something tells me you're just a self-hating weeb

>Light novel sales in the West are laughably low if you compare them to any popular YA series.
I never mentioned anything about light novels in the west, retard. Re-read my post.

I am well aware of the economic climate of adaptations-as-advertisements in Japan. But the same phenomenon exists in the US; that adaptations do work as advertisements and are used as such in marketing even if Hollywood doesn't exploit the exact same business model as the Japanese anime industry. The biggest differences is the leading revenue source - the source material or the adaptation itself, but for the US it might be closer to 20/80 whereas in Japan it might be 80/20, but the fact that a movie or TV adaptation will increase sales of the source material is true universally.

>I didn't even realize people followed anime news sites and/or social media
Yea Forums? /r/anime? anime facebook groups? myanimelist or crunchyroll forums? any of the other five thousand anime forums?

Attached: now a major motion picture.jpg (1556x2400, 221K)

Wasnt it JJ Abrams?

But I grew up with toonami and switched to binging 15+ airing anime a season without interacting with the communities.

The social media aspect of it irrelevant to how you watch shows.

Attached: cropped-moshed-2018-5-8-18-43-47.jpg (536x470, 31K)

he's producing it

He's just producing it, not directing.

Abrams runs the billion-dollar production company Bad Robot.

>Yea Forums? /r/anime? anime facebook groups? myanimelist or crunchyroll forums? any of the other five thousand anime forums?
only knew of Yea Forums and myanimelist but I though myanimelist was for creating animelists. Might be because I'm a 30+ boomer that barely interacts in this area though.

Myanimelist has a pretty fucking big forum. It's mostly garbage, but is it very big. Kind of the same thing that can be said for Facebook.

anime news/reviews etc are the absolute bottom of the barrel
just go to Yea Forums if you want to know what is current

Why would he do that when this is literally the same gay-ass movie? There was even a live-action Japanese one before this. That would make three live-action and one gaynime of the same shitty story. Fucking kill me.

Attached: lake_house_keyart.jpg (256x384, 27K)

Better be a white guy to piss off the progressives when he bleaches Pocahontas.

Yea Forums only discusses current season moeshit about 3 9 year old girls sucking on icecream for 12 episodes with low production value.

Where do you go if you want to find the best anime from summer season 2016 or something specific like that? Seems that Yea Forums barely does post-discussions where they try to determine what the outstanding anime were. The only old anime that got a fan following years after it was finished is LotGH and it is deserved. But I rarely see early 2000s or 2010s anime starting to become a cult classic years after it aired.

>a young man from Chicago

Attached: chicagoboy.jpg (611x457, 40K)

Isn’t this literally actualy cultural appropriation? Why is it okay when the left does it?

Attached: F9193176-F878-4F79-9607-80B3F1CA8982.jpg (750x390, 214K)

Anime itself is disney appropriation so it's okay.

go get recommendations from the lgbt community, not even joking, because theyre into that safe popularity shit

'murica deserves another 9/11
and another pearl harbor

Looks like they're discussing all kinds of on-topic to the board stuff to me. Not all of it is current season, either. Maybe you just want to discuss the worst anime has to offer?

Attached: chrome_2019-06-25_23-46-42.png (1920x1007, 1.15M)

Please stop making live action remakes of anime. It ends up being shit all the fucking time.

Was the abysmal Death Note movie on Netflix not enough of a lesson?

There were two movies prior to this steaming pile of animated ass, one of which was also Japanese. Your Gay Butthole Name was for all intents and purposes the worst version.

there's no point in reasoning with ironic/self-hating weeb

Attached: 1580493645451.jpg (1459x203, 77K)

>Yea Forums only discusses current season moeshit
There's a 24/7 thread up for every major shounen and half the threads aren't even about current season crap. The board is pretty reflective of the actual anime climate. The reason there's more moeshit threads than any other thread is because there's more moeshit anime than any other anime

>best anime from summer season 2016
Why would you ever even ask this question? Even if you wanted to ask it you could easily post a season chart and post some free replies bait like "why was x show the only decent show to come from y season" and get a hundred replies

Because Toho greenlit it. If a native american person literally gives you a traditional headdress and tells you to wear it, you're allowed to wear it. Anyway, tumblrinas are already angrier about this than you are.

I unironically agree with your picture though. There is no normal anime community. It's either flooded with 13-18 year olds. Or autistic elitists or ironic weebs.

There needs to be an anime community for people older than ~25 that have seen at least 100 anime that try to pick out the best anime every year and build them up as future cult classics like what was done with LotGH a couple years ago.

>I unironically agree with your picture though
>the picture where weird weebs talk about wanting "normal people" discussing anime
>There needs to be an anime community for people older than ~25 that have seen at least 100 anime that try to pick out the best anime every year
>"normal people"
You all actually have real life autism.

imagine a group of people that want to discuss a movie but have never seen it and don't want spoilers. That's how hard it is to talk to people that pick out 1 anime every 10 seasons to watch

>I unironically agree with your picture though
I really should have stopped reading here

>There needs to be an anime community for people older than ~25 that have seen at least 100 anime that try to pick out the best anime every year and build them up as future cult classics
This isn't the kind of thing normal people suggest. This is extremely autistic. And because it is autistic, Yea Forums actually does something similar. AOTY threads are very frequent at/after the end of the year. SoraYori was probably the biggest contender of 2018.

>like what was done with LotGH a couple years ago.
LoGH has been a cult classic for decades, and not because of some dumb formal voting ballot shit. It's a cult classic because it's a cult classic.

Attached: 1549347051854.png (1277x3517, 1.96M)

That list of yours having shinsekai yori at #26 while it is now a cult classic is precisely what I mean. Anime that weren't well received at launch but are now considered classics that get recommended every time.

Attached: 1561444938587.jpg (1920x1200, 393K)

I guarantee you Shinsekai Yori's status has not changed since when it first aired.

Are the roaring 20s going to be the decade of the weeb? Evangelion remake here we come. Netflix release was just the beginning.

It's considered a cult classic under normalfags nowadays. It's named among Death Note nowadays.

>shinsekai yori
>not well received at launch
>now considered classic
>get recommended every time
I think you are mistaken.

>It's named among Death Note
No, not really.

Attached: 1526525776525.jpg (581x603, 64K)

Second poster, not the same guy, but I watch anime and had never heard of From the New World until a few months ago. That cult must be really small.

>Why should this be "remade"? Makes no sense.

This. The whole point of watching Jap cartoon films is that they are not done like Hollywood does things. Hollywood trying to redo them in Hollywood style just ruins it.

Well it's popular among female viewers, and I don't know how its viewed in male circles, sorry

lmao they had to get a Native American to mirror the depp spirituality of the Shinto girl in the original anime.

Truly white people have no culture.

Attached: 95c.jpg (640x525, 55K)

>Truly white people have no culture.
It's only because "white culture" is seen as the "standard" so people don't even consider it to be culture but "just life" things like christianity or spirituality like ghosts/poltergeists could all have been used for the spriritual side of this story. However people don't consider these things to be "white" but instead "just normal" and thus it's impossible.

Native americans are known for their varied worship of different natural phenomenon like rain, which white religions like Christianity are not known for.

It could have been a religious country hick but you can't have a white on white relationship in 2019

go back to Yea Forums you fucking faggots

White culture is vaugue because we have German culture, British culture, French culture, Scandinavian culture, Irish culture, Belgian culture, Dutch culture which all have sub-cultures.
White culture is the most diverse culture in the world.

Attached: eu.jpg (1322x599, 173K)

>South Africa British
>New York British
>Sri Lanka/Ceylon British
>Taiwan British
>Japan grey

As a Dutch guy this really triggered me. These are all Dutch colonies or Dutch puppet states historically.

>Acclaimed Japanese work
>Always get some trash sub-popcorn director to do it
Gives me a laugh every time

This sounds like The Lake House except instead of mailboxes they have cellphones.

Well damn, you went and spoiled the movie for me.

When they try to meet up the guy finds out the girl has been dead for years already.

A black man falls in love with a Native American girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of DIVERSITY.

>In this reimagined version, a young Native American woman living in a rural area and a young man from Chicago

>Not having a black guy switch bodies with a white chick.

DROPPED

Stop posting that because Shinkai already made it into a movie.

angryanimebitches.com/2016/11/thoughts-on-kimi-no-na-wa/

Attached: 1448735172273.jpg (640x904, 190K)

Well damn, you're not a nice person.

I just watched both movies of obayashi about body switching. Pretty good

>Sneed-Ai (Formerly Chuck-Ai)

A Chuck falls in love with a Sneed.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the man's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the male, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the boy he called is not the same boy he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the bear's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the male's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of FEEDS and SEEDS.

It sucks anyway. It's about on the same level as spoiling a Harry Potter movie, only there's no book, because the Japs don't write books. Manga is about as good as nip literature gets. Imagine writing a book for a movie that's like half cringey music video.

>only there's no book, because the Japs don't write books. Manga is about as good as nip literature gets.
How igonrant and there is a novelization and spinoff for the movie

Attached: 1487818408176.gif (498x652, 673K)

You dumb motherfuckers actually think the male lead is going to be black? You vastly underestimate the pozzed agenda. If the Female lead is native american, the male lead MUST be white. They need to have a white character to serve as the whipping boy in the plot as he is forced to endure the hardships of racism, poverty, and sexism during bodyswaps to her reservation. If they really want to go for oscar gold they will have him be raped by cartoon character rednecks during one of the swaps.

>How igonrant
You're definitely not fit to be Yea Forums. I bet you read manga and enjoy it.
>there is a novelization and spinoff for the movie
There's actually no purpose for either of these. The entirety of it is bad in the first place. Animated "Il Mare" without the substance or dignity.

Dude, spoilers.

Anime is Japanese capeshit.

They better stop fucking with my animu or they’ll be sorry

Attached: B12B621B-51B4-4494-A0C8-E343D4673C95.jpg (750x467, 258K)

>n this reimagined version, a young Native American woman living in a rural area and a young man from Chicago discover they are magically and intermittently swapping bodies. When a disaster threatens to upend their lives, they must journey to meet and save their worlds.

Attached: 1470691438061.gif (265x257, 1.78M)

summary of the movie plz? i dont want to watch it all

That's CGDCT
>What's CGDCT
Google it nerd.

Attached: 1552149243880.jpg (640x560, 46K)

Dude and Girl experience body swaps during their sleep. They experience each other lives and they start to fall in love with each other but know nothing of each other.

So they decide to meet up which is when the plottwist comes up. It turns out they lived years apart and the girl has been dead for years already, waiting for the guy to meet her in her final moments.

Upper class white boy working in a chicago law firm starts swapping bodies with a downtrodden injun girl. During their swaps she breezes through his EZ life but gains sympathy for him because he's lonely and hot or something, meanwhile he is forced to endure racism, sexism, poverty and eventually a brutal assrape by local hicks during his swaps. towards the end of the movie they find the way out of their predicament and he convinces his law firm to set up pro bono legal work for abused indian women, and they also work together to save the town from being burned down by the KKK or something.

Attached: Crying injun.jpg (1238x697, 192K)

>two nips meet
>swap bodies in different timelines
>"haha he's playing with his new boobs haha"
>exchange messages
>turns out one died in the past timeline
>the one that doesn't die tries to warn the one that does
>goes on a cringe adventure through an extremely shiny, traced nipland
>queue music video
>it all just sort of pans out
>magical plot device disappears when non-dead saves dead from being dead
>they see one another a few years later
>have an inkling they know each other but aren't sure
>fin
All anime is capeshit, even the anime where it's all talk and no action. Pure nippy capeshit.

Attached: 1501480363266.jpg (512x512, 19K)

FEEDS a SEED!

>there are people on Yea Forums RIGHT NOW who doesn't recognize this ancient pasta

>native girl falls in love with chief keef
>*BANG* ensues as they begin to question the NATURE of 300
would watch/10

see

What's the sauce in ops pic please??!!

reddit post

>I watch on Netflix
>I watch dubbed
>b-b-but I am le "hardcore anime fan" xd
How do these people even exist

Only redditors actually mention that site btw. It shows your raging hardon for it and we wince at the sight.

I don't watch on netflix though and I speak Japanese. My point was about the majority of hardcore people not engaging with any "anime community" at all.

we have a name for them back at Yea Forumsutism central, "ironic weeb".

>fit to be Yea Forums
I didn't say it was high art

>Only redditors actually mention that site btw
only a REDDITOR would say this

can japan make stuff that's not about high school students

Yeah what you're saying right now is pretty reddity not gonna lie.

No because life in Japan ends after high school. Not even kidding as well. Imagine working for 12 hours a day and having to spend time going to eat with your colleagues afterwards as well so you can only sleep 6 hours before you have to commute again for the next day.

All anime is highschool based because young children like to watch older highschool children. Highschool children like to watch highschool children. And adults like to watch highschool shit as well since that is the only happy time of their lives.

>life in Japan ends after high school
i was just going to post this

It's cultural. The work force there had their best days in high school, before work took their days away from them. When they get the time to watch something, the creators of their shows (not just anime) often have the setting be geared toward a better time. Japan has a crazy old > young population, so unless that turns around then these settings will remain. There's also some pretty neat stuff that isn't your typical anime/high school/shoen/SOL/moe shit, since there's a pretty decently sized population of Francaboos in Japan, so if you look toward their avant garde you'll find some stuff that's more youthful and fits somewhere between French new wave and A+ b-movie. For the most part though, it's a "get used to it, Amerilard" thing since it's harder for us to understand with our culture being more lax about work.

MY EMPIRE OF DIRT

Attached: 1532620443592.png (838x959, 878K)

>I didn't even realize people followed anime news sites
>look at the highest rated anime
Are you fucking retarded or something? You whine about the community, and then take their word as gospel.

Why would you want to have a story where the romantic interest is a used up old roastie who is trying to settle down?

Romantic comedies in Japan are intended for men, not women. There's a huge difference.

I just watched this last night, and while it's definitely amazing, Your Name was phenomenally good. It might have been that I saw it in theaters and not A Silent Voice, but Your Name generally had me more engaged both in the events happening and emotionally.

Haha Ed is so funny. He is my favorite character on CB. He is a pic of him.

>Milky Holmes after K-ON
What the fuck, how?

Japanese are notorious for having extremely bad taste in everything. They also called FFXV in the top 10 best games of all time. They deserve to be gassed.

>young man from Chicago
It's gonna be a negro, isn't it?

No because hollywood likes to pretend Chicago is white to calm down racists.

Your Name is probably my 2nd favorite animated movie

Attached: D9-At9oU8AAVcXt.jpg (496x701, 66K)

>He
user...

Attached: 1454828194563.jpg (500x261, 39K)

WHATS THE DAMN SOURCE!!?

Attached: 1560311836215.jpg (736x918, 116K)

>It's the "americans make a shitty remake of a good thing beacuse they're devoid of any creativity but are way too greedy to pass on potential profit, even if it means further lowering the level of their culture in the eyes of the rest of the world" episode
I hate reruns.

Someone please just nuke burgerland at this point, chinkland too while you're at it.

Attached: 1461799877222.gif (352x224, 866K)

kino

THE MOST POWERFUL MEME IN THE UNIVERSE

>"americans

no, don't pin this on the rest of us. it's the (((hollywood))) faggots that are ruining movies

>they never even tried to call eachother
>male character wasn't even aware of the meteor impact that erased an entire town less than 100 miles away only a few years before

>deaf girl was voiced by a deaf voice actress

Attached: 1540933447372.gif (420x314, 1.53M)

>yfw j.j. makes this instead of your name

Attached: d96.jpg (500x500, 31K)

>Zoomers are the ignorant netflix goers who think "netflix originals" means netflix made the anime.
no.
t. zoomer

>deaf voice actress
Wait a second

Attached: 1550694387614.png (500x500, 75K)

>this generic poorly written cheesy romance is the peak of japanese animation
weebs are truly retarded.

>Zoomers are the ignorant netflix goers who think "netflix originals" means netflix made the anime.

as if zoomers weren't watching Anime on illegal sites before Anime on netflix and shit became a thing.

just shut up already boomer

why isnt this shit in English for people that don't speak weeb and are actually interested in giving the shows a watch?

>White culture is vaugue because we have German culture, British culture, French culture, Scandinavian culture, Irish culture, Belgian culture, Dutch culture which all have sub-cultures.

white culture is made up by amerimutts who wanted to feel special and claim muh ancestry instead of just accepting that they're nothing but anglos at the very least but they created "white"

made me tear up user

and why shouldnt we nuke burgerland again?

FUCKING HOLLYSHIT GET YOU FUCKING HANDS OFF MY NIP KINO

Attached: 1560586685501.jpg (720x718, 44K)

it was made by a Japanese board

Germans aren't even American they're Unionists.

Attached: Americans DNA.png (656x1493, 138K)

Americans aren't anglos they're English

Attached: English.jpg (2484x5432, 3M)

Redpill me on this copypasta.

Black Boy Blonde Girl watch it happen

>Blonde Native American

Attached: 09-kimmy-schmidt-jane-krakowski-native-americans.w700.h700.2x.jpg (1192x1192, 100K)

Black girl
Asian dude
Like that one movie that came out recently

anglo means english. and americans are mostly german and english with some irish, depending on region

mouthbreathing americans need all entertainment to cater to their sensibilities

bruh read the newspaper kek
turn on the computer and it's right there at the bottom right
you'd have to be retarded to never know what year it is

can't wait for the remake
>Stacy and Jamal swap
>Stacy is now in Jamals body
>goes to the restroom
>sits
>looks down
>she gasps
>"so its true..."

>Native American Stacy

That's a Cherokee. Which are jews that assimilated native American culture for the sovereignty rights. They can't he tested for blood amounts due to aclu protection.

Because Hollywood believes Americans cannot relate to foreign films

>Americans cannot relate to foreign films

they can't

it will be nigger loving shit

the only post that matters in this thread

>implying that the guy will be white

>remakes, reboots, sequels, prequels
jesus where has all creativity gone

>In this reimagined version, a young Native American woman living in a rural area and a young man from Chicago discover they are magically and intermittently swapping bodies.
of course it's going to be a cucked american version

Capeshit doesn't do particularly well in Japan, and is always beaten by anime. Endgame included (cucked by Detective Conan).

I don't talk about anime with others and rarely look at discussion threads but I still watch ~20 anime every season.

>Yea Forums only discusses current season moeshit about 3 9 year old girls sucking on icecream for 12 episodes with low production value.
And other things that never happened. You have never seen any of these "moeshit" anime in your life.

They make that stuff all the time, but Westerners never watch it.

You're forgetting about university.

It's shit.

Based shoko poster

Attached: giphy (1).gif (540x290, 1.84M)

the manga is great but it has a shit ending.

Why does this keep getting posted on every Keit-ai thread?

>SoraYori was probably the biggest contender of 2018
that was shitposting, in fact all AOTY threads post 2015 are pure shitposting.

That sounds fucking retarded

Because it's already a thing apparently.

Cartoons are for children

Good thing this isn't a cartoon, then.

why are there so many idiots like this?

>he expects a movie involving switching bodies to have everything else make sense

how about the fact that they don't even remember their names?
maybe they did know the date, but when they switched they forgot it?

You do know that's a white woman right
A fictional character, to boot
That's the joke

This is the biggest crime of the film. I can chalk all of the other things like the year differences and name forgetting to body switching magic, but how the fuck are you so clueless you dont remember a town literally getting leveled by an asteroid which would have no doubt caused massive seismic activity since it was only 100 miles away?

Fuck

It's a little funny because that part of the story must have been inspired by the tsunami, yet he doesn't even know about it. As if anyone in Japan was unaware of the tsunami.

how does he get away with making the same movie over and over?

He doesn't, because he doesn't keep making the same movier over and over again.

>japanese movie performed better in Japan
Well, gee, what a fucking surprise.

>brainlets

>they never even tried to call eachother
he literally tries to call her in the movie

>male character wasn't even aware of the meteor impact that erased an entire town less than 100 miles away only a few years before
how was he supposed to know that the town hit by the meteor was the one she was in?

all he has is the picture of the town. he doesn't know it was hit by a meteor. he doesn't know if she's from that town

stick to Marvel movies

> description spoils the plot

American animation movies perform better than capeshit in Japan.

Well yeah those Hollywood idiots may believe in globalisation but cultures are still different.

Attached: dscovrepicmoontransitfull.gif (985x554, 2.97M)

That isn't necessarily surprising either. Considering Japan's manga/anime industry, it looks like japanese people just have a big love for animation.

>kimi no na ha
jfc you cant be serious

There's also many live action movies that do better than capeshit. Capeshit's just not very popular in Japan.

Unironically this.

capeshit movies have unironically better writing than this piece of turd.
>how was he supposed to know that the town hit by the meteor was the one she was in?
because he literally lived in it for weeks or months and never once cared about googling it or even asking about it like literally any other human being would have done in his place.

Because Hollywood has lost all creative talent and is just leeching off of IPs that people already like.

Isn't a common reason also that filmmakers like to assume that americans hate reading subtitles?

Your name is extremely overrated and Shrek the third would be better if YN's lead girl wasn't hot

why japan loves body swaping

Attached: body swap when kiss.webm (746x420, 2.75M)

They're shy. Swapping bodies is a way to know others without having to talk to people

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torikaebaya_Monogatari

Kame Hame Wa.

They all want t turn into little girls.