The Matrix

>20 years of capeshit and blockbuster trash later
>Still the most entertaining action movie ever made

Attached: He's Beginning to Believe.webm (960x398, 2.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CvVH9WFu-1M
youtube.com/watch?v=yRhRZB-nqOU
youtube.com/watch?v=FmbLewdQ_Qo
youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM
youtube.com/watch?v=upwyWKzozII
youtube.com/watch?v=OaMEZcUXd_o
youtube.com/watch?v=AnTSE-Qvt_E&t=191s
youtube.com/watch?v=HdNn5TZu6R8&t=203s
youtube.com/watch?v=12u1nA7bXzc
youtube.com/watch?v=7NDXWHlkcag
youtube.com/watch?v=aegL4GV003w
youtube.com/watch?v=nTg7E3IQHMU
youtu.be/Z5VSi7YNr4Y?t=600
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, the year 1999 kind of broke everything because we were all so sure that the world was gonna end soon that everything that took itself seriously had this vibe of "this is the last [x] ever"

Kinda got damaged because of the godawful sequels. Spider-Man 1 and 2 might top Matrix for me.

1999 was peak civ it's all been downhill since then

I can't tell if you're retarded or joking?

It was the blurst of times frens

>1999 was peak civ
Wasn't that... what Agent Smith said?

I hold that those 3 movies resulted in the most prancing down the theater stairs on the way out feeling like YOU were a superhero than any other movies.

why didn't he dodge?

Attached: DODGE THIS.jpg (1280x532, 115K)

youtube.com/watch?v=CvVH9WFu-1M

Is it weird to anybody else how Hugo Weaving is obviously a pudgy middle-aged man yet also completely believably sells "ultimate unstoppable killing machine"

Maybe

Why is it so hard for directors nowadays to understand that more cuts doesn't mean better?
Every fucking action scene today has 20 different jumps and cuts and it's impossible to follow anything at all.

Try to find a more Kino scene in action films. I'll wait.

youtube.com/watch?v=yRhRZB-nqOU

>(Agent Smith is staring out the window)
Agent Smith: - Have you ever stood and stared at it? Marveled at its beauty... its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives... oblivious. (He turns around to face Morpheus, walking slowly towards him) Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world where none suffered, where everyone would be happy? It was a disaster. No one would accept the program, entire crops were lost. Some believed that we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world, but I believe that as a species that human beings define their reality through misery and suffering. So the perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was redesigned to this, the peak of your civilization. I say "your civilization" because as soon as we started thinking for you, it really became our civilization which is, of course what this is all about. (Agent Smith circles behind Morpheus) Evolution, Morpheus. Evolution. Like the dinosaur. (Leans forward next to Morpheus) Look out that window. You had your time. This future is our world, Morpheus. The future is our time.

Attached: smith_evolution.jpg (800x400, 47K)

>(Agent Smith sits casually across from Morpheus who is hunched over, his body leaking and twitching.)
Agent Smith: - I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I've realized that you are not actually mammals. (Smiles) Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment. But you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. (Leans forward) There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague. And we are... the cure.

Attached: smith_virus.gif (500x200, 1014K)

watch the BTS

youtube.com/watch?v=FmbLewdQ_Qo

the entire main cast trained for months to shoot the action scenes in the first film, about 13 min in

I was thinking the same thing when watching that webm

Literal retard lol

>(Agent Smith leans close to Morpheus, whispering to him.)
Agent Smith: - Can you hear me, Morpheus? I'm going to be honest with you. (Removes sunglasses and earphone) I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it. (Wipes sweat from Morpheus' forehead, coating the tips of his fingers, holding them to Morpheus' nose.) Repulsive, isn't it? (Lifts Morpheus' head, holding it tightly with both hands) I must get out of here, I must get free. In this mind is the key. My key. Once Zion is destroyed, there is no need for me to be here. Do you understand? I need the codes. I have to get inside Zion. And you have to tell me how. You're going to tell me... or you're going to die.

Attached: smith_thesmell.png (853x480, 337K)

tons of cuts are there to mask terrible choreography

Rather be a retard than a fan of the Wachowski Sisters.

Have fun

>cut back to 2001
>me being an edgy middle schooler dressed in all black
>printing out this entire monologue and reading it aloud until I memorized it

damn I was cool

Attached: 1542846282790.jpg (1136x852, 114K)

Because every single new angle and moment presents a specific information. Notice how the camera repositions itself during the fight to best display each specific moment in a visually appealing and artistic fashion. Get with the time grandpa, its just modern techniques in action film making. The frequent cuts also convey the frenzied pace of the fight itself. In slower scenes with people just talking there are less cuts and the camera doesnt move as much.

>yfw you realize that the real "matrix" is the Youtube/Facebook/Google search algorithms decided what you can and cannot see.

Attached: Round 2.webm (960x398, 1.76M)

>be me in middle school
>Huge Batman fan
>see the Dark Knight 3 times
>Go to school dressed as the Joker for superhero day
>literally woke up 4 hours before school to put on the makeup
>people take pictures with me, I feel cool for the first time
>I rehearsed every Joker line off quote websites, complete with accent and inflection, in full makeup in a mirror until I memorized them

I pass no judgement, sir.

Attached: sixmillion.jpg (261x224, 12K)

Based. I watched the movie 60 times in a row on a black market box

Dilate.

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE
SHITTY BAIT
QUICK CUTS ARE CRINGE.
RUINED CINENA

FUCK
YOU

T. 25 iq

>dark knight was out when he was in middle school

zoomers please leave

youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM

such a wonderful innovation for modern action films

BASED.

damn

as cheezy as that was that made me smile (partially unironically)

>the most entertaining action movie ever made
i wonder how young, stupid, and tasteless someone has to be to hold this opinion

1999 was the end of post-modernism. Now we're in post-post-modernism and the world's probably going to disappear up its own ass one of these days.

I take it back, it was high school.

name a better one then faggot

Attached: Morpheus-6854105-338-450.jpg (338x450, 62K)

Lmao

juno
fucking
reactor

it's commie bullshit

ey you dumb-fuck stop thinking in terms of social media and that shit. IT'S ABOUT REALITY YOU STUPID APE

Shit opinion

Classic action is superior in every way.
Exhibit A: youtube.com/watch?v=upwyWKzozII
Exhibit B: youtube.com/watch?v=OaMEZcUXd_o
Exhibit C: youtube.com/watch?v=AnTSE-Qvt_E&t=191s
Exhibit D: youtube.com/watch?v=HdNn5TZu6R8&t=203s
Exhibit E: youtube.com/watch?v=12u1nA7bXzc
Exhibit Bruce Lee: youtube.com/watch?v=7NDXWHlkcag

And these are blockbusters...action purists would have a myriad more examples.

>IT'S ABOUT REALITY YOU STUPID APE
Reality is shaped by perception.
Dictatorships have known for a very, very long time that if you can control what a population can SAY, then you can by extension control what they think.

A limited vocabulary leads to a limited range of communicable though. Even if you get an idea, you can't spread it because there's no effective way to share it with others.

What language could be more limited than fucking emojis?
We're literally devolving back into hieroglyphics.

Attached: Big Boss and Skull Face.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

Why did they do it bros? They seemed so normal

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 11.28.20 PM.png (2306x1497, 1.96M)

even during their cameo in path of neo they seemed normal, they really got fucked up after

the sequels were really bad m8

Emojis aren't a viable communication pathway, they're just there as an extension of the written word.

You want to talk about the limitation of ideas? Internet memes are much more akin to hieroglyphics, especially divorced of context.

A Haitian woman thought it up

The fact that they're not viable for communication is evidence that we're devolving.

It's basically Newspeak

Translation: I didn't care about this until big tech companies started banning me for ruining their platform.

my dad used to like the multipunch part at :22

Are u blind?? There were about the same number of cuts per minute.

20 years later and I still wonder if I'm in a simulation or not

her and Grant Morrison

Attached: pl773Ynx71qz4rgp1.jpg (450x450, 31K)

>Implying you should ever listen to a woman

Attached: 1561076438956.jpg (612x528, 55K)

Same.

But it's not being used as a sole avenue for communication
No one uses it like that

yes

Attached: 1504547510849.jpg (505x336, 25K)

Americans are so fucking cringe

Hey, what village are you from, horse thief?

I have the PoD track on my spotify.

the movie is literally about leninist indoctrination

Attached: 1545726390787.jpg (569x428, 25K)

Attached: Morpheus vs Twins.webm (1280x720, 885K)

left still wears man clothes, saw him on the street start of the month

yes and trannys too, but that's not how it was received, much to the chagrin of the ((()))

>T2
>The Matrix
>Die Hard
>Jurassic Park
In that order. try an' prove me wrong you faggot honkys

You know what's fucking crazy? The subway they're fighting in is CG. Also the rooftop set from the bullet dodge scene was also CG. Now compare those to the effects in the sequels.

the first one was too damn good

Jurassic Park isn't in the same vein as the other 3.

>The subway they're fighting in is CG
no its not you fucking retard that station is in sydney i've been their, the roof is real to, wtf?

yea, but it's cg, however they pictured the whole thing and used the baked textures

Yeah it's a real station, but the scene was done in a CG recreation so they wouldn't have to work around filming in a busy subway station.

the genre is action movies. what genre would you put jurassic park in? fucking Dino-Terror? gimme a break. anyway, it was a Top-3 +1.

give me your list of top 3 action movies +1 out-of-vein. and if you don't,

Attached: et6jyr.jpg (635x791, 102K)

Did The Matrix and Fight Club truly kill off action and buddy movies as viable genres, or were they just the last two notable ones to be made before both those genres were willfully tanked for the sake of corporate franchise alternatives?

if thats true that pretty amazing

The Matrix
The Raid Redemption
Curveball: Fellowship of the Ring

>T2 before The Matrix

Hellloooooooooo reddit!

you aight senpai

Attached: r6yuf.jpg (440x550, 36K)

none of those are buddy movies, they are action movies, the correct answer is bad boys 2

nice 1's and 7's and 3's ya fuckin dork. but yeah, it might be a fair flip.

Attached: fwegar.jpg (277x443, 23K)

>Kinda got damaged because of the godawful sequels.
that's not how it works you fucking retard

the question was never buddy movies. it's action movies. and action movies is
>T2
>The Matrix
>Die Hard

Buddy movies is:
>Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
>Tango & Cash
>T2 (John and T-800)

yea I replied to the wrong person, good list, and DH3 was a buddy action movie

Hot buddy movie opinion incoming: Lethal Weapon was never good.

Everyone knows The Rover is the best buddy movie.

rover is pretty great, but so is lethal weapon, they are completely different movies, might as well say pic related is better then both for a buddy action film

Attached: Vic-and-Blood-3.jpg (1200x598, 122K)

They only briefly used CGI for the 360 bullettime rotations and the actual train

yea i've never understood that

never seen Rover. worth checking out?

Why do people say Keanu never ages, he looks significantly younger here than he does now. Like a little kid comparatively lol

that makes a lot more sense

Hey brehs, i'm the one who brought up buddy movies and I just want to point out that I already listed the greatest, ultimately genre-killing buddy movie of all time. FIGHT CLUB

yes, who knew that kid could actually act

Attached: the-rover.jpg (1800x1198, 365K)

Nah, that's The Fifth Element.

The Matrix is VERY cool but it drags quite a bit with all its exposition and philosophy and its supporting cast is very flat.

> a more entertaining action movie
The Raid
Wow, that was easy

but bad boys 2 was after that, so was kkbb

It's also funny how /pol/ appropriated "the red pill" considering how it was basically supposed to be "the communism pill" kek

Is The Matrix one of the most overrated films of all time?

>mouse, tank, cypher, the oracle, smith
>flat
5th element is better but you're also retarded so idk

It's also telling how this phrase became such a part of the culture people don't even think about it and hardly even mention it in Matrix threads

what did they mean by this?

>All three original Star Wars films
>All three Indiana Jones films
>The Dark Knight
Sorry bro.

Zoomers will never understand. It's like asking "why is Star Wars so popular? It's not a very good movie!"

>literally YASSS NIGGAH FIGHT DA WHITE POWER the movie
Just off ourselves, shitheads

Close, but no. That title goes to Terminator 2.

You didn't even remember Dozer or Switch which is kind of what I'm getting at, Mouse was characterised well but everyone else is just kind of there and not developed at all.

The bathroom fight is the best in the series

>appropriated
lol, did Yea Forums appropriate the concept of 'memes' too retard? Employing a concept is not appropriating it. Re-employing it to have a derivative meaning with purely instrumental purposes for the co-opter is appropriation, a la the way reddit used it to mean 'our specific brand of autistic internet chauvanism' is appropriation.

Whatever word makes you more asshurt is the one I mean to use.

Commando is still number 1 for me.

Well that's the last (you) you'll be farming from anyone with that bait then. Are you pleased with yourself?

Mouse and tank are pretty flat nigga.

Fight scenes like this don't work anymore because the UFC shows how stupid they are

sure but you can't spend time on everyone or you've got an extra 1/2hr run time, also they were at least distinctive enough, you and everyone else can still name and picture the entire crew

nah

>most entertaining action movie ever made
That's not Braveheart or Lethal Weapon 2.

just to add to this, of course I remembered them you forgot apac, but dozer apac and switch were flat, others weren't, the ones I listed

>sure but you can't spend time on everyone or you've got an extra 1/2hr run time
They could have done this at the breakfast scene but forego it for a discussion about nutrition that dripfeeds some more exposition only develops Mouse.

The Doom movie does a better job of introducing its characters than The Matrix.

true, but its either some decent expansion on a few characters, or just a bit for everyone, I usually prefer the former

I think it's better just to trim the fat, which is part of why I like The Fifth Element so much.

me too

ask me in 20 years what movies will be remembered from the 2019s except for John Wick who also stars Keanu Reeves from the Matrix

checkmate

John Wick is Meh: The Movie. It doesn't even hold a candle to The Matrix in terms of cultural impact and conceptual novelty.

That's because it's becoming more relavant with time. Philosophically of course

Am I the only one who unironically hopes that they do another Matrix movie? I honestly thought that it ended on a really shitty note with the stupid truce at the end of Revolutions, so I would like to see where they take it from there. It's also the one big series I don't mind getting SJW-fied, because it kind of always was.

I've been saying it for years, Yea Forums would fucking hate these movies if they were being released today.

this was way more entertaining

Attached: robinhood2018a-1170x658.jpg (1170x658, 133K)

im pretty sure you could level a mountain in the matrix with a flick of your wrist if you could fully understand that you are in a program.

>le muh sjw
is not a good reason to dislike a movie for its merits if it's otherwise a well-made movie
you can still not watch it because it bothers you that much, but this is not the same as the movie being "bad"
and if you think it is, you don't belong on a board about movies and should probably just stick to posting pictures of hitler elsewhere

People DID hate reloaded and revolutions when they happened, which were also when the FUCK WHITEY shit started to come in retard. Matrix 1 is pure anti-establishment edginess, without racial connotation whatsoever.

why do they even fight, we know they can ghost through people, so why not just carry around huge undodgable light plastic shield kind of things then ghost inside people then un-ghost to decapitate them?

Where did I mention what I personally thought of it? I just know based on the way Yea Forums rolls, that they would hat it if it was coming out today.

>90 percent of the good guys are black
>100 percent of the bad guys are white

>The only reason Neo was white was because Will Smith was already committed to Wild Wild West.

It was going on from the beginning, 2 and 3 just cranked it up to 11.

>99% of the bad guys are robots
>98% of the blacks are used as cannon fodder and BTFO with a lightning gun
>the other 2% are a mammy and a magic negro
Try as hard as you want but literally just having blacks in a movie =/= afrocentrist blackwashing. Birth of A Nation has blacks in it too.
>

>99% of the bad guys are robots
Who are represented by white men.

>98% of the blacks are used as cannon fodder and BTFO with a lightning gun
By an evil traitorous white man.

Someone post the rumor. Apparently they were into some hardcore bdsm fetish shit and were convinced by their mistresses to dress and act like a women in public as they do in private.

Have no idea how true it is...

And the messiah of the entire human race is a white man. Checkmate retards

Don't have it but I've read it. It's worth noting that rumour's been going around the internet for years before either publicly came out about transitioning. On the other hand it was mostly about Laurence/Lana so I don't know what happened to the other one in the interim.

And if the Wachowskis had their way, would have been black. Keanu Reeves was a last minute replacement when they couldn't get Will Smith.

is that a legitimate kung fu move that clears dust from your clothes?

That's a very interesting tidbit akin to finding out that JK Rowling always imagined dumbledore as a flaming homosexual, but it has zero bearing on the actual content of the film under discussion. Stop trying to inappropriately force a concocted political lens over every piece of media you see. There is nigger propaganda, and there is jewish propaganda, but The Matrix is literally and subtextually not either of those things.

But the raid and Kungfu Hustle exists

You mean other than a downtrodden ragtag band of mostly brown people fighting a shadow war against the establishment built up by machines that appear entirely as white men?

Seriously, even the white good guys are kind of assholes, like the captain of the Hammer.

Still. I was in college when TDK came out.

I am only talking about Matrix 1 bro. Leave your references to reloaded and revolutions for the next guy who might actually believe that 2 and 3 do not have racial connotations, but I already said they do. Also the majority of the nebucunezzer crew in Matrix 1 is white.

>hero ascends to such a state that he effortlessly outclasses the villain and blocks all his attacks with ease
such an anime trope yet so kino

The Jews brainwashed them and made them do it as humiliation for introducing the redpill to humanity.

Makes sense.

Attached: 1528216755838.png (640x300, 114K)

Not just best action movie, best movie period

This film is a BORE for anyone under 21 because the concept of living in an AI world isn't mind blowing for us.

>he hasn't heard the injecting ketamine bdsm orgy story

That would make him 25 or so now, which is not zoomer.

Compare it to The Phantom Menace which came out at the same time, or better yet compare it to present day CGI locations. The Matrix had some of the most timeless CGI we've ever seen.

The equals at least hold extremely well when viewd for a cyberpunk or philosophical perspective.

Not many films can boast that.

>us

An AI world was mind blowing for you and you're under 21? Total brainlet my man, embarrassing. Have you not heard of dragons or zombies either?

I only watched Matrix once, it was like 2 years after it came out and I already found the aesthetic were a bit date bakc then! Episode 2 boring and incomprehensible, the only entertaining thing was the highway chase. I waited years before watching the utter drivel that is M3. I never rewatched any of these movies because it's just unrewatchable once you saw them, especially after those horrible sequels. And I know they have aged terribly.

>Matrix
>Episode 2
>M3

This guy is a fucking savage with no regard for consistency or even common human decency

Attached: 1545775007211.jpg (1024x576, 65K)

What emotion is this expression trying to convey?

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (753x441, 498K)

Matrix is the best movie ever made. Not because it has outstanding quality in one way or another. And it's not even my favorite movie.

But it's the ONLY movie I know that literally everyone enjoys. There isn't a single person that dislikes this movie. My normalfag girlfriend, her female friends, my friends, my parents, my grandparents. Every single one of them could enjoy this movie which makes it something special and unique.

BOTTOM TEXT

>millennial that never had to experience the Cold War

>most entertaining action movie ever made
yeah, about that

Attached: fury road.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

Dark Knight was 11 years ago.

This. We've basically been living in a golden age ever since the cold war ended. Anyone saying something else is a zoomer or young millenial that never felt the genuine fear of humanity dying out every single day and had to train every month for nuclear emergencies.

Good but overrated. Great premise and some really awesome mystical cyberpunk near the beginning, but then it turns into a generic quippy hero's journey action movie. It could have been so much more. In retrospect, watching people punch each other interspersed with quips while manipulative dramatic music plays is annoying

Almost everyone likes Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Jurasic Park, too.

Maybe true. I think The Matrix is overrated, but I can't deny that after I saw it in the cinema in 1999 I spent weeks imagining running up walls.
It had fucking incredible marketing, too. All those ads with quick clips of scenes and then stuff like "What is the Matrix?"

>train every month for nuclear emergencies
I still don't know what they were hoping to achieve with those. Every time, we just had to get under our desks and cover our heads. What, was the radiation going to not check under there? I still remember that damn song, too. Dum dum, diddle dum dum, diddle dum dum...

Pattinson is actually pretty based, most of his roles in the last few years have been good.

he's good in this at least

this. best movie ever

No one replied to you, ha ha ha.

I still haven't seen this movie yet, or any of its sequels. Does it hold up? Is it worth watching?

Why are they moving so slow

yes

cookies do taste richer with love

kys

No
I never saw it on release, tried to watch it twice in past few years, couldn't make it more than halfway through each time.
It really doesn't hold up, people are just nostalgia blind, even OP's webm looks like absolute garbage, choreography is so cheezy and feels like it was made by a entry level weeb.

>Keanu
>white
He is half-asian, you mutt
>Zion
>literally Hebraic city
>98% consists of black population
>the main idea of a movie REVOLT AGAINST SYSTEM BUILD AND PROTECTED BY THE EVIL MEN IN DA SUITS

>THE EVIL WHITE MEN
fix

In the German dub, after the Agent says "Only human" she says "Only an Agent", which I always liked more than the slightly boring "Dodge this"

>most entertaining action movie
>Not a jackie chan choreography mastahpiece
Lmaoing @ ur Weltbild desu

They are still bound by certain rules of the Matrix, just like Agents (only Neo is unbound) - so they probably cannot unghost while still inside something

They were hexed with a confusion spell by Alan Moore himself.

There's a theory that the bros never wrote or directed The Matrix, but were just rich kids who wanted to be famous. The first Matrix was most likely written by a committee, and the rights to play the directors sold to an elite family who wanted to see their trust-fund baby's names in the credits. There's also a theory that says the sisters are not the same people as the bros and they're just actors who were chosen to take their spots while the elite fuck with the public's sexuality.
The Matrix is about how the media creates the world you live in with words and pictures. How some would fight to keep the Matrix, and how regular people are batteries for the elite's lifestyles. 9/11 was a planned show to get the American people to support the war and the Patriot Act. Seth McFarland even bought a ticket for one of the planes, but "missed" his flight.

Attached: 1555001076240.jpg (620x412, 58K)

>genuine fear of humanity dying out every single day
Where do you think all the fucking kino came from?
We need to go back to the end times to get away from muh diverse inclooshin and muh POC shit and start pouring our angst into films

It says 7/10 in the title.
There is no kino below 8/10

>ONLY A MINORITY

Attached: AHHH SAVE ME TRINITY.jpg (1911x1060, 387K)

>dat tinfoil level bullshit
le lel

the fingers in throat followed by "glurk!" was awful and stupid and ruined the fight completely.

cuts have increased over time in everything, tv, film, adverts.
the reason in the 90s was because they started computer editing on a wide scale, they no longer had to physically cut and tape film pieces together.
the other part is because over time, people have become immune to the novelty of tv, so are less engaged. by having constant movement, either by cuts every half a second instead of every few minutes, as well as moving the camera around constantly like it is a drunken spastic holding it, the endless movement holds the attention of the viewer no matter what is being shown
it is a neurological trick.

POD?

where he fingers the sweaty ape's head is almost as disgusting as seeing what zion is

bullshit but i believe it

check em

Attached: 1541718034990.jpg (640x333, 259K)

do you think the islraeli mossad wore leather spandex when they planted the thermite in the buildings during the security power-down about a month before 9/11?

>And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it..

I haven't seen John Wick, I don't even know what it's about. I don't hear people talking about it except on Anglo internet. Everyone everywhere saw The Matrix.

The fight scenes are fucking incredible. One of my favourite films of all time. Fuck the reboot.

but smith knew that the matrix was a simulation and humanity really was in tanks being used as batteries.
what did smith mean?

>DODGE THIS

Attached: 1502398915434.png (1265x793, 1.68M)

Certain people weren't happy with the message these films promote, so they destroyed their image, to discredit the movies by association.

Attached: 1561285026668.jpg (462x630, 65K)

34:57
heart-stopping

Does someone have more of this, as in a 6 hour reel of her.

life as viewed through someone having an epileptic fit.

The station is real, it's only CG in bullet time scenes

You mean Lilly Wachowski?

Because you're already living it.

ACTING

Daily reminder the Wachowski brothers were immediately MKULTRA'd for getting scarily close to redpilling the masses through the original Matrix.

This is their punishment.

Attached: 13471098374134106.jpg (550x341, 103K)

>when you dont watch out for the alimony

There's also a theory that your dad is your mom and your mom is a tuna sandwich

This stupid post ruined the thread completely.

the world ended sep 11 2001. this is purgatory.

How exactly? They have continued to make the same movies over and over and over.

It's so painfully obvious Hugo Weaving didn't train as much as Keanu or Laurence for his scene. The dojo scene is pure kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=aegL4GV003w

I know that most of Yea Forums hates this scene with a passion but the song is siiiiiiiiiick.

he picked up a smell and got distracted

Are there any documentary type videos about this? I need some red pills.

the world started sometime last thursday

it made the thread and you're uncontrollably envious.
bet it was the first time anyone had ever pointed out how out of place the throat finger glurk was in the history of the internet.
seething.

>implying
You're mistaking his different style for lack of training. He fights like a machine. His movements are big and strong, almost hydraulic in motion, displaying power.

they probably found a sweet spot between saving money and make people pay for it anyways. it's like we live in this dystopian world where everyone would be ok with eating only the shittiest pizza with the minimum cheese and toppings on it because there are no alternatives.

bullshit, it ended 2012. nothing strange happened after 2001, weird shit only started after 2012 remember?

So you're betting against yourself. Bravo.

Attached: 1561238156595.png (660x650, 1021K)

>ear ring as a male
>normal

Degenerate scum.

bullshit, it started sometime last thursday

he made the black guy smell himself and feel repulsed by it. it doesn't get more based than that.

But Smith knew that the earth was really a simulation of the matrix and thus not real. He shouldn't be able to hate it, following his own logic.

>niggers start twerking

comprehension failure

i feel is like a boiler. weirder things are happening exponentially

you finally made the scene make sense
he was ai, a programme, so it was real to him.

Why didn't the matrix program the AI to not feel it as real?

Look at Keanu at 14:37 and tell me he's aged

>Because every single new angle and moment presents a specific information.

Whenever there's a new shot, it takes a second or two for the audience to figure out what they're looking at. The problem with current action scenes is that the shots stay up on the screen for too short a time, and there are too many of these quick shots one after the other. The information doesn't get across.

Total failure.

to be fair it's the first time I've heard that complaint

had me at
>unrewatchable

Attached: tv is funny sometimes.png (1150x2180, 1.54M)

you have to go back

he hasnt. he's doing a disservice to the human race by not donating his seed in bulk quantities

>be Wachowskis
>get given money for a feature length movie
>spend every cent of it on the opening scene
>get given a shitload more dosh to finish the whole thing
>it's one of the best films ever made
WTF I LIKE TRANNIES NOW?!

based post, triggered every senior citizens

>that's not how it works you fucking retard
>yea i've never understood that

It's because bad sequels retroactively undermine everything good about the first movie. Sure, the original is still great but then you know the story continues and that what came after wasn't as good and it leaves you with a sense of lingering loss of what could have been. You'll never watch the Matrix without knowing how bad the sequels are!!!FACT!!!

>The Raid

Best action movie since Hard-Boiled!!!FACT!!!

Also The Matrix isn't even the Wachowski's best movie. That would be SPEED RACER!!!FACT!!!

T2 is better

because of the Bourne trilogy

Compare this:
youtube.com/watch?v=nTg7E3IQHMU

To this (start at 10:00):
youtu.be/Z5VSi7YNr4Y?t=600

One's a $170,000,000 movie, the other's something some stunt doubles recorded in their spare time just for fun. In my opinion, the latter has far better fight scenes. The answer is: most directors can't be bothered to do proper stunt choreography, because it takes time, skill, and effort. This is how movies like The Raid 1/2 end up having some of the best fight scenes of this decade with one tenth the budget as these big marvel movies, which are on paper supposed to be action movies. Marvel doesn't care about doing real fight scenes, because they know they can just use jump cuts/CGI to obscure their laziness. This is why people hate capeshit. All of the John Wick movies have had a budget of around $40-50m. The entire John Wick franchise has cost less than that one single Marvel movie. Imagine how much quality cinema could be produced if all of that money weren’t being wasted on pure trash.

>we were all so sure that the world was gonna end soon

Only retards thought this

Attached: 1521489252181.jpg (960x692, 48K)

The fact he faints due to exertion is what makes the scene for me.
That and clearly being in pain, and his suit being torn up showing he's injured.

blast wave is the first concern, not the radioactive fallout

This. That's why they we were still able to get trapped (arm stuck in door, seatbelt)

>/pol/cuck conspiritards desperately creating theories to justify how the greatest action film ever was made by 2 trans women

there's literally a tranny on the nebuchadnezzar in the first movie

Attached: 12524347478.jpg (1024x683, 239K)

>made by 2 trans women
Nah, credits say Wachowski BROTHERS. Made by two men who fell off the path later in life.

Matrix is a masterpiece.
Capeshit of any brand can't compete