What in the actual FUCK was his problem?

What in the actual FUCK was his problem?

Attached: Platoon_2.jpg (1280x688, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War_body_count_controversy
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEy7gD5FTQ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

gooks fucked up his face

he lacka da disaspwin

Being trained/brainwashed into a killer probably maybe might fuck you up in the head, maybe?

He became the war.

how the fuck did they manage to cram so many big name actors into one film

hung out with marky mark too much

Nobody wanted to know how he got those scars

>MARK IT ZERO

he was reality

What in the actual FUCK do you get paid every time you post a "What in the actual FUCK is his problem post"?

Sore loser like all white boys.

Barnes was fighting to win, everyone else was just fighting to survive.

He does it for free

he did absolutely nothing wrong

He just didn't want the machine to break down.

>Barnes was fighting to win
No he wasn't he was fighting to fight and protect his comrades (although he is cruel to them he never hurts them and gets extremely angry when even nigs get taken out by the enemy outside of regular combat.)

Aside from the green goblin he kills.

he was a liability

in what way

he was a scientist, that means he's a thinker. a thinker might sympathize with gooks.

if you can't tell the good gooks from the bad ones, you make more bad gooks.

Elias understood that while Barnes was content with making as many enemies as possible. Every civilian he killed created another 10 viet cong. People like Barnes were detrimental to the war effort.

he was a pothead

Barnes was a drunk

The only big names at the time were Tom Berenger and MAYBE Charlie Sheen. You're looking at things with hindsight.

>good gooks

The crux of America's argument for war was that they could set up a government run by said good gooks.

who?

They should send Barnes to take care of the Muslims.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War_body_count_controversy
nah it was about killing gooks and commies, and also testing out various weapons and shit.

I still can't believe this is the same guy

Attached: 1ddc8ed61bc4015a836ca2482152c0ec.gif (800x480, 203K)

dr cox and ghost dog

they were all a bunch of unknowns back then, they even have Johnny Depp in it for one close up.

It literally wasn't but if you feel like larping as an edgy anti-commie be my guest. Never been a big fan of the reds myself.

characters who did nothing wrong

Attached: bunny.jpg (1777x962, 153K)

Would a shotgun really be better than an M16?

He would just get drunk and murder an entire village of sikhs or some dumb shit.

He reminded me of that kid that got 10 years for assaulting someone at the Unite the Right LARPfest a while back. Had that same kind of "19 year old retard" look about him and everything.

I wasn't in the vietnam war so no idea but I wish I was

Too based for this world.

Constipation from mre

He thought that if you wanted to win you needed to go all-out and not fight with "one hand tied behind your balls." Basically the same as Col. Kurtz's philosophy from Apocalypse Now. You can debate its efficacy.

>What in the actual FUCK was his problem?

Cockrot from some Asian poon made him loco. If not killed he would have turned faggot like OP!!!FACT!!!

Not really, but kind of. A lot of guys felt they were more useful and reliable than the M16, and required less maintenance. If they couldn't get one issued to them, they'd have family back home send them one.

An AK would be the ideal weapon in those situations.

I'm no OPERATOR, but I had a JROTC instructor in high school that was a Vietnam vet. He said the biggest issue with trying to use a shotgun in the war was the limited amount of shells you could carry compared to the hundreds you could carry for a rifle.

Maybe some conscripted hick who was very familiar with one could be handy.

>Being trained/brainwashed into a killer
That's not how that works....
t.killer

That’s why you carry a shotgun and a carbine

That's literally what the military is for. Otherwise they would just drop you off at a hospital or courthouse so you cloud do your thing.

Attached: pol shooter 3 nigger.png (1199x1842, 1.37M)

>While not well suited for all types of combat applications, shotguns proved to be of value in many engagements during the Vietnam War. Night ambushes and perimeter defense were two applications in which shotguns especially excelled. It is reported that American units armed with shotguns had higher “body counts” than similar units without shotguns.

>thinks 13 weeks of "training" can compare with the 13 years of beta pussy conditioning that makes it so most boys are beta whiteknights that wouldn't even hit a woman, let alone kill somebody in anger
Nope.

Attached: 1553575402181.png (600x1199, 278K)

>communists
>honorable
kek

He caught Junior spraying skeeter repellent on his fucking feet, and had to court-martial his nigger ass.

I watched this movie before the Burns documentary. Really helped me understand why most of the northern soldiers laughed or else otherwise seemed completely happy while recalling the many american boys they killed.

Knowing we all gotta die sometime, Red.

based as heck, fear el goblino

What the actual FUCK is your problem?

South Vietnam was full of them you illiterate.

>"good"
>traitors to their country
lol

>South Vietnam was full of them

Attached: 1559517872600.jpg (250x238, 8K)

Attached: images (9).jpg (224x225, 10K)

/r/ing the shop of this picture with Army Dog

Attached: army_dog.png (580x849, 698K)

WTF I love America now

ANY GOOK THAT RUNS IS VC
ANY GOOK THAT STANDS STILL IS WELL-TRAINED VC

Attached: playing_nam.jpg (1219x710, 180K)

>South Vietnamese were the good gooks

Pro tip, we were fighting the "good gooks," from the beginning. That's what happens when your leaders get involved in a conflict without understanding the nuances of said conflict.

>pick up an ak in the middle of a firefight because your m16 jammed
>immediately shot by squadmates that hear the sound of an ak and assume you're vietcong
sounds like a good way to get killed

>murder innocents
>rape local women
>tell authorities that they were all commies and never speak of it again
Gee I wonder if this is why no one liked the US after a while?

Attached: mpv-shot0159.jpg (1920x1040, 237K)

he understood what war is about

uh, shotguns are literally a warcrime

I TOOK HER DOWN TRAVIS, I TOOK HER DOWN

Shut up hans.

>its another Travis vs Steve episode
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEy7gD5FTQ4

Just needed some juicy fruit

>What in the actual FUCK was his problem?
Gooks took his man and tortured him to death before disappearing into the jungle. Didn't you watch the movie?

Eh, the M16 is bad meme only extended to the first generation of them.

>le contrarian Communists are the good guys meme

Attached: 1534043434498.jpg (1224x471, 103K)

Yes the nationalists are the good guys.Deal with it.

....nein

>implying the North never did this

Rich kid cry baby hippie(s) in his platoon.

Elias and Barnes represented the duality of man

This is what I don't understand
>the Vietnamese fought to defend their country America bad!
>What about the South?
>fuck those guys they didn't fight to defend their country they refused communism for Christ sake!

the south was a corrupt dictatorship that actively hated the buddhist majority

He had no fight with any man who does what their told. And he needed every swinging dick in the field.

The South wasn't a real country. Their soldiers knew this at some level because they were huge cowards for the most party. Only the indigenous peoples were any good at fighting the VC/NVA.

and?
Wasn't a real country because you say so? What made the North legitimate in your eyes?

they were also horribly under-equipped (the US "generously" gave them all our old M1 garands) and had mass corruption throughout the ranks with officers pocketing salaries from soldiers that only existed on paper.

A big thing with the Vietnam war was that combat engagements usually consisted of we and the enemy is both surprised at this encounter and insanely close to each other. a wide spread is much handier against an enemy that considered a t-shirt armored.

What was everyone else's problem? They were fighting a war, the "noncombatants" were just as much as a threat as the men and the VC would have been just as ruthless.

this logic is why the US will continue to lose wars

If Barnes was President the entirety of North Vietnam would have been eradicated scorched earth style, there would have been no pull out

>I CACA DOW
What did he mean by this?

But he wasn't president, and the vietnam war wasn't an all out war like the world wars were. Barnes would have made a great marine or army soldier fighting against the japs but the entire strategy of the US in vietnam was to attempt to win over the population of the south. Barnes was trying to fight the war harder than he actually needed to. People like Elias better understood that there were lines that could not be crossed if winning over the population could ever happen. Obviously this was futile as well due to how corrupt the south vietnamese government actually was, but he did more for the war effort than Barnes did. Barnes created 10 VC for every civilian he killed. His way of fighting the war would only work if the goal was to kill literally everyone.

He goes on to live and is in born on the 4th July

100 posts... none tell the movie...

It's called Regiment.

>filename

the military unit typically composed of two or more squads/sections/patrols

South Vietnam was a shit ton of ethnic groups all just making money from trade with the Westerner. From their point of view the north were just thieves (they were). Historically the part of Asia was always under conflict due to it's location as port cities so what difference does it do to work with outsiders but the communists wanted it all, they did what Mao did and murdered thinkers the educated class. They started witchhunts where people preyed on one another to steal their land and goods. They burned literature and books and music. It was a shit show to people who are used to riding the wave of conflict the region held.

That would have caused nuclear war.

according to you maybe.

>he was fighting to fight and protect his comrades
close enough

Attached: 1537920580788.jpg (250x250, 9K)

Is that right? Ho Chi Minh asked the US for help before he went to Mao.

That logic is ignored, which is why the US loses wars. They try too hard to appeal to seditious journalists and UN bureaucrats

According to the entire US leadership, military and political as well.

The Cuban missile crisis happened only a few years prior to Vietnam. Nobody wanted to risk that shit again.

>threatens to murder his men
>actually does murder one of them
>fairly racist and abuse
Yet
>freaks out when they get killed under his command
I don't get it. What is he supposed to represent?

Attached: mpv-shot0160.jpg (1920x1040, 146K)

lmao he thinks communist gooks are civillized

see
You can larp as McCarthy all you want, it's not going to make you look any smarter.

elias = innocence
barnes = brutality/survival instinct

>lmao he thinks communist gooks are civillized
>muh civilization
Cope. Also whorehouses and gambling halls (the south's economy) are not "civilization."

I think he saw Hobgoblin as a threat to the unit because he wasn't as hardcore as he was and that's why he had him removed. He freaks out when they die under his command because of the guilt.

Vietnam was a useless war. Still doesn't mean they did it right

They couldn't do it right without risking dangerous escalation with nuclear powers. Why do you think the north was never invaded?

This doesn't justify the actions of Barnes and soldiers like him.

>communists knowing anything about economy or civilization
S E E T H I N G

Seething? Why would a communist be seething about Vietnam?

Attached: vietnam43059845.jpg (960x960, 145K)

Can't you follow a conversation? I guess Pol Pot really did shoot all the intellectuals.

>Pol Pot really did shoot all the intellectuals.
That's cambodia brah.

He was out
OUT OF HIS MIND

His dagger is an inverted cross over his heart

I'm aware, he was also a retard like most Reds.

God imagine going to Vietnam and murdering children and nationalists, then coming back home and expecting to be treated like some hero. Fucking boomers.

Double aught wins engagements inside of 40 yards. No fucking dice

The entire US leadership, military and political failed to predict the end of the USSR. Perhaps they weren't the greatest minds this country had to offer.

>implying self proclaimed tolerant activists don’t nurse thoughts of murder
>implying stabbing and shooting takes balls
Young guys without positive direction are down to kill. Humans are first and foremost aggressive and secondly intelligent. Many are hypersensitive brats that couldn’t handle war, but that has nothing to do with poking someone and making the blood fall out.

reality

>The entire US leadership, military and political failed to predict the end of the USSR.
Russians couldn't predict it either.

Stopped being a human and became nothing a beast of burden

he was actually saying
>MARKY, ZERO
he wanted wahlberg to leave nobody alive

This. Not only did the Government fail to read the situation in Vietnam itself correctly, but they failed to understand how the commies would actually have responded to an invasion of North Vietnam.

China was too busy putting down local dissidents and uprisings to do anything more than supply arms and the Soviets could probably have cared less about some shitty Jungle Asian country. No one was going to get nuked over fucking Vietnam either way.

The US was far more scared of a repeat of Korea where the ground war was joined by China than they were of Vietnam igniting a nuclear war.

Just typical white devil behavior

cringe

not if you need more than 8 shots

Best movie scars ever desu

This is not true at all. The single largest problem for the US was that in about 85% of all engagements (the military is suckers for percentages), the vietcong or north vietnamese dictated the battleground. There was basically two forms of engagement. 1. Some patrol or outpost was ambushed and troops was rushed in to reinforce. The enemy would then disengage if the battleground didn't favour them. 2. Search and destroy missions where the US was forced to attack prepared positions. Fighting an insurgency war on enemy turf is just a nightmare for commanders

you just write without thinking, don't you.
the US were the insurgents in vietnam, you cripple-headed dunce.

>Can't you follow a conversation? I guess Pol Pot really did shoot all the intellectuals.
Don't worry, if it ever came to a Communist revolution in the USA, you'll be spared from such a fate.

Recently I learned my mother named me after dafoe's character

feels weird, man

This must be bait? So in your head the US was on hometurf and the soldiers blended in with the civilian population? OR (much more likely) you have no idea what an insurgent is and you are just throwing insults to cover your sub 80 iq level.

Kek

Attached: 1553240599712.png (586x561, 32K)

AYE KEKA DOW

kinda crazy how nobody cares about what he did

Thinking about how many americans they eliminated sure does feel good

Yes and subsequently America gets turned into a radioactive ashpile by the Soviets/Chinese in the blink of an eye

>hurrr hindsight is 20/20

Did you watch the movie? He smoked like 30 gooks alone in his final scene

He didn't want to leave nothin' for the dinks.

This movie was crap except the village.

It's my favorite war movie

He was an American character written by an American Jew who hates Americans.
That was his problem.

They should have done this desu.

his dad was jewish but his mom was catholic, also

>In an interview with The Times newspaper on July 25, 2010, Stone claimed that America does not know "the full story" on Iran and complained about Jewish "domination" in parts of the U.S. media and foreign policy, notably his view that Adolf Hitler was misunderstood due to Jewish control of the media. When Stone was asked why so much of an emphasis has been placed on the Holocaust, as opposed to the 20-plus million casualties of the Soviet Union, for example, suffered in World War II, he stated that the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) was an overly powerful Jewish lobby within the U.S. The remarks were heavily criticized by Jewish groups, including the Simon Wiesenthal Center. Abraham Foxman of the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) said, "Oliver Stone has once again shown his conspiratorial colors with his comments about 'Jewish domination of the media' and control over U.S. foreign policy. His words conjure up some of the most stereotypical and conspiratorial notions of undue Jewish power and influence."

he had tfw no gook cunny

he was white

haha imagine that

Made me spit out my pale ale, ass.

The Vietnam war had NOTHING to do with "fighting communism". That's just what USA politician scum told the pleb public. It was about getting a foothold in a region of the world where they were not wanted AND also putting tax payer money into the pockets of military defense contractors.

Ask any fucking retard what was the objective of Vietnam and they'll dribble "FIGHTING AGAINST COMMUNISM!!!". Well, you lost and the world continues to spin on.

Then you had a bunch of morons who grew up listening to stories from their Fathers and Grandfathers about THE GREAT WARS and they desperately wanted to have that.

Except for current President Bonespurs who got out of it just like every other chickenhawk coward ala GWB, Cheney etc... due to Daddy's connections!!!FACT!!!

Also, with nuclear technology, nations couldn't wage standard warfare as they had before with huge armies clashing. So the USA needed a new type of enemy to fight and what better one than an ideology which can't be killed, can be everywhere and could be anyone.

This is why COMMUNISM became the rallying cry for war mongering shitheads. But after DEACDES of propaganda, people realized that was a bunch of bullshit. So this is why the USA have been propping up terrorists as the new boogeyman. Basically ideological fanatics who would be everywhere or anyone.

The government and military's goal is to ALWAYS KEEP YOU AFRAID because scared people can be duped into giving up their freedom for security!!!FACT!!!