Can we have a BvS appreciation thread?

Can we have a BvS appreciation thread?

Attached: Batman_vs._Superman__95102.1496369950.1280.1280.jpg (853x1280, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/arielrocks5/film/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/
cinemablend.com/news/2475451/sounds-like-ezra-millers-the-flash-movie-may-actually-be-getting-off-the-ground
cbr.com/ezra-miller-flash-after-fantastic-beasts-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did Lex Luthor design cool logos for the JUSTice League?

This movie is so fucking manic I love it. This review describes what I think perfectly letterboxd.com/arielrocks5/film/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/

Long but epic
Also I hope you made this bc of the thread I made before

Attached: 549F80D9-3D4C-44BD-8EDE-56D68DDDD6FA.jpg (960x540, 118K)

>BATMAN v SUPERMAN
>Featuring: Superman, Lois Lane, and Martha Kent
>And Introducing: Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, and Doomsday

Why would they cram so much into one film?

i used to fucking love this movie, i still like it a lot, but it sadly doesn't holds up because JL shit on it. since BvS promised so many things for future films, the fact that JL threw everything out the window, it undermines a lot of parts of this one

It's no different than any ensemble film, you either get behind it or you don't

Attached: am I too soon.webm (500x242, 2.66M)

too much characters
muh small brain
just go rewatch black panther onionboi

theres nothing to appreciate

- characters were 1 dimensional and shit
- plot made zero sense
- editing was elementary school tier
- dialogue was cringy af
- more focused on framing shots than content

>b-but muh score and beautiful shots
if only that made a good film (it doesn't)

He was going to make them part of his own team of meta humans, meant to replace Superman after his death.

Wow, I've never seen such a bad post before. The fact you think the plot made zero sense shows how dumb you are. It's a really easy plot to follow my dude.

BUM BUM BUM BUMMMM
Lol or when lex flipped the painting in the end finally. So epic violin so epic

Was this ever explained?

I believe he was too soon.

tell me do you sneed? you will

It's a piece of shit.

Attached: evanvsuperman.gif (800x352, 2.74M)

Justice League doesn't exist in my universe but in the context of that crapfest... Flash does say in BvS "Lois Lane is the key!" "You were right about him!" So when Superman went evil Bruce knew his "big guns" to bring him back to normal was Lois Lane. That's why Alfred brings her to the memorial fight.

Sadly we all know it was meant for far more than that. Snyder was gonna make Superman work for Darkseid for a period in future films. But that all went to the shitter when WB decided to rape his work again.

SAVE

Attached: JOSEPHINE.png (1259x600, 1.06M)

Ask me how I know you’re a Virgin, user

Attached: D79E5463-4DF7-43F4-A2E6-63336064D3D7.jpg (1280x720, 227K)

Ask me how I know you're a Mexican.

I appreciate they spend the money on a line-up with no charisma

>Lex knowing who everyone is well before they even met each other.

Fucking christ no. You are not allowed to appreciate this shit

Attached: pull the fucking trigger.gif (248x224, 163K)

I’m a pure blooded Austrian as per 23&Me, my perennially fuckless friend

Attached: 003FB09C-4D4F-4A0B-9556-220F6EED8100.jpg (1125x1424, 319K)

it's a garbage movie.

You're a garbage poster.

Attached: 1561310542519.jpg (513x558, 26K)

Nice serratus definition, fellow DChad

I like how this all amounted to literally nothing.

Just watched this kino a few hours ago. This movie will still be talked about in 30 years for its kino.

Seethe harder.

You’ve never had sex
There. We’ve both made unsubstantiated assertions, though only mine has any truth to it

>there isn't any truth that BvS is a poorly made film
LE SAME NAME MARTHA!!!! REEEEEE!

I liked MOS and BvS but These edits were legendary.

Attached: FB2D5541-7849-456E-9C18-995C2DC5D19D.jpg (349x145, 5K)

>for its kino
For its movie? What?

>Lex plants a bomb on a handicap that somehow gets past a basic security check on government property and his plan is he hopes the near god-like alien will somehow not sense the bomb being there and oopsie poopsie, it goes off!
>But before that, he pisses in a jar just to have the senator explode anyway and die
Truly genius.

additional note:
>Clark is ten feet away from the bomb

Did that scene genuinely go over your head, user? Lemme guess - you had to search reddit for flowcharts just to understand Inception

Attached: 68BB01FB-329F-4C88-ADC1-70542561CAF0.jpg (680x669, 96K)

Only because they pulled the plug on Snyder before he could finish his vision/series of films.

Attached: flash BvS (2).webm (1280x720, 422K)

Chair was lead-lined you bitch.

>Lex then goes to great lengths to hire mercenaries to infiltrate a terrorist cell to plant evidence on a crime scene in an effort to create controversy. They use flamethrowers to burn corpses. As if Clark's eye beams would ever work like a flamethrower. But all this 5th dimensional planning doesn't account for easily traceable bullets that a literal who journalist looks up on Yahoo in a second

Why do you talk like a Middle School stude- oh.

Attached: toast.gif (318x252, 187K)

>this capeshit was just too smart for you

It has literally never been established that he can't see through lead...not in any of these films. Am I wrong?

Why don't you seethe on my dick?

She's a pulitzer prize winning journalist not a literal who. She goes to the military to investigate the bullets. Did you watch the film user?

In the ultimate cut Lois discovers the chair was made of Lead and Clark can't see through it.

Good argument, you make a compelling case, you should be a lawyer.

>This guy's wheelchair is strange, I can't see through it. Must be lead, which is suspicious. I should walk over five steps and look at it

Incredible, right? Did you wish that they had dumbed down Ex Machina too so you didn’t have to Google a plot summary after?

Attached: 2ADA45F4-B42C-4C04-89B1-66B3B12D29A9.jpg (1400x1400, 215K)

>winning a Pulitzer makes you a detective

I'd pay cash to see a deleted scene where Superman dumps a cripple out of a chair to invistigate it.

Absolutely love this movie

Winning a pulitzer makes her not a literally who, try to keep up.

This motherfucker probably sat through Avengers "Why don't we just send Captain Marvel into the past?" Endgame without a peep.

I'm so glad Snyder moved on from funnybook movies...they are simply irredeemable, due to their cockmongling, selectively critical fans.

Attached: RLM on MCU fans.jpg (993x611, 450K)

If you weren’t a tremendous, embarrassing brainlet you’d realize that Supes not actively looking for threats because he is an intrinsically hopeful character who sees thinks the best of people is a major thematic arc of the film, contrasted with Bruce’s jaded cynicism built up over years of dealing with the worst criminal elements the city had to offer. This is LITERALLY why Bruce thinks Supes is too dangerous to be trusted with so much power and the entire film is a dialectic between the two viewpoints, showing the merits and limitations of both
I mean, it’s RIGHT there, spoken aloud for even the mentally handicapped to follow along: “Lois... I’m afraid I didn’t see [the bomb] because.. I wasn’t looking for it”
Thank you for succinctly demonstrating exactly how much of the film went over your pimply head, user

Attached: 05BABCCF-DBF6-4FD3-A755-8BF9C63A99B0.jpg (1280x674, 144K)

why would i want to appreciate reddit the movie?

Attached: 45tUh.jpg (1080x875, 125K)

You don't actually believe BvS was "smart", right?

>You are famous if you win a Pulitzer
All of her co-workers shit on her in MoS and nobody takes her seriously in BvS.

With every fiber of my being, and posts like demonstrate beyond all doubt how truly stupid it’s detractors are

>MOMMY HAVE SAME NAME AND MUH CHRISTIAN ALLEGORY SO DEEP! HAVE YOU READ PARADISE LOST user??? ;)
truly the most abysmal fanbase.

Pic related is the single most reddit moment in human history, douchebag.

It cannot be topped.

Attached: 1473035198701.gif (245x390, 1.92M)

This isn't smart or hard to understand, user. It's just poorly executed. Clark tries to come off as someone willing and alert to help others and Lex manages to sneak a bomb in the next seat over? It's goofy. You aren't intelligent.

>he just wasn't looking for it
>but he can nearly pinpoint a sound from a few hundred thousand miles away when Amy Adams is in trouble

there are a lot of legitimate reasons to dislike this movie, user.

>it's a crossover episode

Attached: 18Ca4.png (1366x572, 535K)

>This isn't smart or hard to understand, user
Literally flew over your head faster than a speeding bullet, brainlet. Bet you wish you could delete that post where you revealed how a superhero movie was beyond your feeble little mind, right?
>Lex manages to sneak a bomb in the next seat over
Even aside from the explicitly stated and poignant thematic reasons that Clark wasn’t visually frisking everyone in the room the moment he entered - that you missed, let’s not forget - this criticism makes no sense. Superman is blindsided by traps hidden by lead all the time in the source material, especially by Lex who’s always several steps ahead. There is literally no valid critique underlying your misbegotten posts here

Attached: F6E458B7-D53F-45EA-BBC6-819F5DDA1519.jpg (729x1096, 54K)

DING DING DING DING DING DING

cope

user, I'm saying you are hung up with the INTENDED thematic devices in the movie and not how they were executed. The theatrical cut does not make it clear that he is inhibited by lead, it just doesn't. So it comes off as Clark being slightly retarded. Your "explanation" boils down to:
>Like don't you see dum dum? It thematic! He no no look for it
Which is fucking moronic since he's already anxious before the hearing, due to what the global audience thinks of him; which is divisive. So to make him extra-stupid and miss a fucking bomb literal feet away, is goofy and contrived. It only serves to put Let's turboautismo plan into motion. Which on paper, is bonkers already. Why would he assume that the public would blame Superman?

*Lex

gal gadot is cute

He hones in on specific sounds like friends’ voices, this is a very well established aspect of the character and even if you’ve never read any of the source material it is specifically established with a full scene in Man of Steel where he tunes out all of the superfluous noise in the school to focus on a loved one’s voice. It’s the same principle behind why you would hear your friend saying your name in a crowded cafeteria even if it wasn’t louder than the surrounding sounds, but you wouldn’t notice if they had a watch ticking away somewhere encased in heavy metals
Also he was back in Metropolis by the time Lois fell and was likely actively looking for her given that she was kidnapped and missing. Try to keep up

I have zero idea why you think he would walk into a congressional hearing to give a speech and immediately start scanning for explosives
That has literally nothing to do with stupidity or intelligence, and everything to do with trust/hope vs paranoia/cynicism, which again is a major thematic arc of the film and was explored with more poignance than pretty much anything in modern capeshit since Watchmen

nope

>try to keep up ;)
You people are infuriating with how smug you are over capeshit. If that's the bs reason you want to give to justify him not even remotely being suspicious, sure. Just don't act like it's intelligent.

Nice, zack playing the 4d chess atm

>Le emails from a raccoon!
Enjoy your pozzed quipfests that don’t even attempt to make sense anymore. Black Panther 2 & 3, Captain Marvel 2 & 3, Gayternals, All Women Avengers, boy you’ve just got so much to look forward to!

Attached: 54263508-F958-4EF5-9CF5-D61A58BA2E77.jpg (810x610, 92K)

>imagine taking anyone seriously who uses the term "pozzed"

>implying hack snyder attempted to make sense since the beginning

>poignance
>in BvS
I don't normally think there are actual here shills, but you come pretty close. So Clark is already tense for the hearing, he was ALREADY suspicious that someone(s) was trying to make him look bad. There is a scene in MoS where he floats in the atmosphere and can hear the cries and prayers of millions. But then "LOLZ A BIG BOOM BOOM GOES OFF HOW DID HE MISS IT??" it's almost like when you refuse to actually nerf Supes in your universe, you end up with every conflict coming out stupid?

cont.

And I'll expand further; his lack of being nerfed makes everything pointless.
>why did he miss the bomb?
>why was it hard for him to immediately find Martha Kent?
>why waste literally anytime with some schizoid in a bat costume?
Why is anything an obstacle? So your immediate answer is "the narrative is MAKING him have an obstacle" and mistaking that for thematic arcs or messaging when it's just a way to excuse bad writing.

Why was Batman taller than Superman?

Nailed it.

Even more to the point: notice that Luthor had no obvious files on Clark and Bruce? He was taunting Bruce. Neither he nor Clark were going to be on Lex’s team. Bruce would have been dead, bad Clark would either be dead or a fugitive for Bruce’s murder.

He wasn’t suspicious about anyone making him look bad. He was well aware that he’d crossed a line and was there to finally stop ducking responsibility and make amends. Remember what he said to Lois about the hearings?

>”I didn’t kill those men, if that’s what they’re saying.”

That’s his own guilt talking. No, he didn’t kill them, and, no, that’s not what they’re saying, but it’s not really the desert he’s thinking about. It’s the thing he *really* feels guilty about - Metropolis. He’s not looking and he’s not listening, because he’s afraid of what he’ll see and hear.

Why was it hard to find his mom? Mainly because it doesn’t exactly take a genius to infer that he can’t find her because she’s not talking, and if she’s not talking, it’s because she’s been warned it’s her ass if she does.

Do you not get that the character who is a literal anthropomorphic incarnation of hope and the character who embodies cynicism and suspicion to the point of paranoia are pitted against each other here and that him not being suspicious is not only completely in character and thematically appropriate but also completely narratively coherent bc there was zero reason for him to start randomly scanning for bombs?
This is really silly

To give the movie its due, the extended edition does make it a TECHNICALLY better movie.

The first half actually becomes the better and even somewhat interesting and the 'plot' is actually fairly coherent, if still non-sensical and weak.

But in someways its worse now, because its so burdened down with subplots and scenes with little to no payoff and a rushed need to catch up to the Avengers.

There should have been a man of steel 2 to give context to Clark and Louise suddenly together. Lex Luthor to give a clear motivation. A chance to really see the world react to Superman and a prove what he is capable of. Not just throwing up some statue and telling us what they (and us) should feel.

I could go on...but, the best compliment I could give it is...it has potential.

BvS proved to me beyond all refute that you can’t actually make a truly smart cape film and expect either the general audience or the critics to understand it. Literally everything is in there just begging to be noticed, but unless a character looks into the camera while saying it, it doesn’t exist.

Case in point: pic related is a visual representation of what hinders Superman the entire film: guilt - guilt over his past actions, his past inactions, the loss of life in Metropolis, and yes, even guilt over having to kill Zod.

Attached: 1C2CA592-3962-48F9-8242-C58EEC466DB7.jpg (1916x796, 292K)

I am so appreciative of the fact that the universe this movie tried to build is dead along with most of the actors and the director attached to it.

Why didnt wonder woman just used the spear?

She could have, but Superman’s pretty much exactly the last guy who’ll let someone else risk their life over something he feels responsible for.

It's fantastic! Absolutely amazing! It's so great that we'll never see Snyderman and Batfleck in another movie ever again! Snyder will never get another DCEU movie and it's looking like there'll be no more gay Flash! Awesome!

but that's wrong retard: cinemablend.com/news/2475451/sounds-like-ezra-millers-the-flash-movie-may-actually-be-getting-off-the-ground

>it's looking like there'll be no more gay Flash!
>it's looking like
based no reading comprehension retard

But it's not looking like that at all, did you even read what I linked?
cbr.com/ezra-miller-flash-after-fantastic-beasts-3/
He's still Flash.

>keeps setting a schedule and getting delayed
for now

I like that Luthor’s plan ultimately failed because he underestimated Clark’s nobility and Bruce’s insanity.

He's still Flash nigger
Cope harder

Attached: flash BvS.webm (1272x713, 1.67M)

>Snyder franchise is dead
>tells others to cope
why you want someone to cope with you?

Who's talking about Snyder's franchise? I'm just tickled pink that people still seethe about the Flash casting this long after the fact.

Why is it that the people who hate Snyder always come off sounding so much more bitter than the people who actually like him?

I'm talking about Snyder in that post you responded to brainlet. This is an appreciation thread and I appreciate that his franchise is dead.
Why would we be bitter when he's gone? If anything you guys are just angry he failed so hard he basically killed the DCEU 3 movies in. Now they're sticking to stand alone films and elseworlds. And he's still seething right now leaking his "plans" and trying to convince the world it would have been great.

It would have been great. And you would have utterly failed to understand why. And you’d have been here asking questions you think are rhetorical, oblivious to the fact that the film answered them for you.

Your franchise is still dead and nobody still cares about your universe.

And tomorrow, you’ll still be a bitter fuck who’d rather gloat than have a conversation.

Kino.

>seething while trying to deflect his bitterness
yeah I'm still so bitter you're franchise is dead. top kek!

I’ll take what we got over an entire catalog of mediocrity.

In Zack we trust.

#ReleaseTheSnyderCut

Attached: 1510564219275.jpg (480x308, 39K)

>I-I'm superior to e-everyone else!
top fucking kek
enjoy your dead franchise

Consider MoS and BvS as part 1 and part 2 of the same movie (inspired by the "death of superman" saga in comics). Forget about Justice League...pretend it dont exists.

Enjoy your forgettable fast food.

That’s precisely what I do.

Me and the rest of the world are enjoying it. Plus it's so nice how there are a lot more options and movies for the continuity. Thanks! You uh... You enjoy your 2 and a half fast food movies too I guess!

Amen, brother.

Attached: 320D67B8-C2CA-4178-89E7-F75F18C12911.jpg (1200x649, 97K)

Enjoy your Black Queen of Asgard.

See that's the thing about having so many movies. You can choose which ones to enjoy and which ones you can ignore. Guess you don't really have much of a choice with so little variety. Top kek!

Ah, so you admit that you have to ignore the MCU to enjoy it. Can’t really say I don’t relate. I’ve watched them shit all over not one, not two, but three of their very best storylines over the past ten years, and the last time they came close to saying something culturally relevant was TWS. You’re here championing shit not even as intelligently made as some of their comics, so good for you, I guess? I suppose it makes you feel like a comics fan rather than the brain dead brandfag consumer drone that you are. I guess that’s what passes for an identity when you can’t be assed to grow a soul.

>when doomsday breaks apart the monument with Superman's body

Attached: madchoker.jpg (300x225, 11K)

I'm not championing anything I'm just saying I'm glad Snydershit is dead. You're the one who's seething so hard he has to bring Marvel up. You're actually so dumb you're tying your intelligence to capeshit comics! I watch enjoyable shit for fun and watch brainlets like you pretend to be smart because he "understands" a capeshit movie. Seethe harder.

I fucking loved that shit. I also liked the subtle little things they implied about how his abilities are a mutation of a normal Kryptonian’s where instead of just solar energy, he absorbs pretty much anything. If you frame-by-frame it, you can even see that the explosions are his aura erupting outward and discharging excess energy.

I absolutely loved this movie. I really hope the Snyder cut is released

>spends three entire posts sucking Mickey’s cock
>I-I’m not championing anything. S-Seethe harder!
Fucking kek.

He wanted to be the one to recruit them and turn them into a brand. For what seems like gratuitous cross promotion, that's actually kind of a clever meta joke.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Attached: DCEU-actors.png (648x4222, 2.25M)

>has to pretend I'm championing anything when all I said was I enjoyed other movies
>never even mentioned Marvel as I enjoyed non Snyder DC movies and some Fox movies
>never even had to defend it like he does for his 2.5 brainlet movies
>M-marvel d-drone!
Imagine having your intelligence be so threatened you start seeing boogeymen everywhere. If anything you're just saying you're really threatened by Marvel user.

Rationalize and backpedal all you want. You got cocky and played your whole hand. Way too early. You’re just a bitter fuck who gets off on kicking people while they’re down. And you’ll throw anything and everything you can at them in the process.

Enjoy whatever the fuck you want. I couldn’t give less if a shit. Odd that you absolutely can not reciprocate that sentiment.

>Rationalize and backpedal all you want.
top kek! You're the one backpedaling so hard since you can't even point to where I tried defending the mouse. Go ahead and show me where I "played my whole hand" then. Are you so delusional you literally start seeing things that aren't there?

You're the one who responded to me first when I was just enjoying Snydershit being dead and DC finally moving on to better pastures user. Wouldn't have done that if you didn't give a shit. You're seething so hard you forgot how double negative work! Or maybe you were just too dumb to understand them in the first place. Top kek!