Would a US Army captain really know how to sword fight?

Would a US Army captain really know how to sword fight?

Attached: 4328903432049238.png (602x395, 466K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/n5w2Mh6CyXo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandar_Lekso_Saičić
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1582_Cagayan_battles
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if he's Tom Cruise

Well he was a cavalry officer so he would have been issued a sword and some training with it I assume.

If he was a calvary officer, yes. They were issued swords until ww1.

Not only that but he would beat a japanese zealot like a so called samurai.

Overhyped idiots, western swords and fighting styles are better.

t. retard

Yep. Cavalry saber from horseback was deadly.

A veteran Indian Wars Cavalry Captain yes. Though I imagine saber technique is far different than with the katana

Yes but with a different kind of sword.

youtu.be/n5w2Mh6CyXo

yeah, no. Katana reigns supreme.

lol

Attached: image.gif (387x217, 1.62M)

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. Samurai swords are folded over 1000 times.

Why would an American know anything about European sword fighting though?

Is this from deadliest warrior? I know they tested katanas on Viking swords and Spartan shit IIRC

The person who staged this is fucking retarded. The blade's edge of an iaito is the most brittle part of the blade, while the back is softer and designed to absorb shock. You wouldn't go blade edge on edge with an iaito unless you are a dumbfuck.

Shut the fuck up you weeb virgin

japs had to work with really bad raw ore

ok retard

Attached: 1555719401205.jpg (720x394, 49K)

Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Japan. I was schooled in martial arts. I was given the title of master. They take a movie “The Last Samurai.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Japan. He doesn’t speak Japanese. He has never held a sword. They make him the Last Samurai. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.

So to fight with it, you have to constantly flip the sword any time you want to block your opponent's hit? What a piece of shit

I know Steven you tell this story every time let it go

They were trained in swordfight but not near what Samurai were. Even if you form and weapon is mostly better than those from Samurai you can't beat their autismal levels of 1vs1 duels

Lmao seeeeething weeb

>weapon braced to a table
Yep, that's a realistic clash between weapons.

I'm on your side if what you want to point out is that katanas are less tough than an arming sword, but come on, that test has the validity of a tard biting the edge to test edge retention

>whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care
Gets me everytime

Because the USA was and still mostly is a continuation of European empire - chiefly Britain's - and used a European style of warfare.

Not him, and I don't know much about Japanese swords, but in HEMA you parry with the edge, yes, but with an angle, never at 90º. I assume Japaneses do the same as lots of our possitions and forms are very similar.

> american
> trained sword fighter

Brainlet supreme right here

Different user and while I prefer western swords, weeb swords are meant for low armor and deflecting, not full on blocking blows. Not to mention, that's an unrealistic condition for it as well. That's a braced blade strapped down, not another person trying to block the blow.

Attached: what the hell.png (498x341, 376K)

It's from a German show called "Welt der Wunder".
Deadliest warrior was damn retarded but entertaining as hell.
>DEUTSCHLAAAAND

while You were shitposting...I studied the BLADE

Attached: 847169841228430465.jpg (367x500, 26K)

>seething yuro weeb
If he put the faggot jap sword on the table, the other sword would smash it just the same. It doesn't matter which one is exerting force on the other, moron.

Based 2009 user

In the 1800s? Definitely. Officer's swords are ceremonial nowadays but back then they actually used them. I doubt he would be good enough to beat a samurai in duel, though. Western militaries really only used swords in cavalry charges by that point, there wasn't a lot of hand-to-hand, standing swordfighting going on.

What makes it European in nature? You do realize that the idea of cavalry is not a entirely European notion? We fought some of you fucks at least four times in the ages of cavalry , and had our own little war of brother against brother.

>Former U.S. cavalry soldier who was required to learn the history of our profession.

Attached: Roosevelt's Rough Riders, along with soldiers from the 10th U.S. Cavalry, a unit otherwise know (980x406, 286K)

t. Tom Cruise

What European sword forms do you know?

That movie talks about Custer's death, and that was in 1876.

Haven't seen the movie in a while but did he actually know at that point?
I thought he just got his ass kicked again and again but refused to stay down thus earning the chink's respect?

No, that was literally the first tiem he saw them duel.
And as you pointed out he got his ass handled to himself over and over again.

He clearly had some skill in swordfighting, though. He parried pretty well, and mostly got wrecked because he was injured.

And Algren was a veteran of the 7th cavalry, so Custer's death couldn't have been that long before the events of the movie. It's the 1880s at the latest.

Lmao, that must be why samurai were constantly getting rekt by drunken Portuguese sailors

>We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?”
Presidential-tier lying ability

Guns were fucking garbage back then. Yeah, they taught officers how to fight without them.

>parrying with the blade at all
retarded homo hollywood shit to impress normies
the reality of combat was you either didn't get hit/had a shield/had sufficient armor to take the blow
if that shitty weeb sword is bending like that against a blade, imagine what the shock of hitting plate armor would do to it

Honestly with Seagal it's hard to tell how much of it is lying and how much is self-delusion.
>that time he claimed to be the reincarnation of an important 18th-century Buddhist monk and paid a temple in Tibet to officially confirm it

this one is an obvious lie, Japan loves Tom Cruise for some reason

Fucking none admittedly, because these days we use rifles, heavy machine guns,25mm, and TOWs. I have a ceremonial saber that is just that, ceremonial.

Can boast that I can take you at least at 500 Meters before you even know it. Because I have. Though I'm forever thankful that I never had to do close combat.

Attached: Marine 1st Sergeant Brad Kasal (in the middle). This photo is from the most recent major offensive i (800x517, 94K)

By the 1870s guns were getting pretty good I thought? Isn't that why the amerifst civil war had so many casualties? Also Algren is literally selling repeating rifles at the beginning of the movie.

>thigh shot
this guy's dead, right?

Sure, cavalry officers were taught how to use a sabre. But Samurai autistically trained in 1vs1 duels all their entire life. The level of dedication is worlds a part, even if Algren's form and weapon were better, the Samurai would still win due experience.

>Guns were fucking garbage back then
That movie is post 1876, we had pretty fucking good revolvers back then, peacemaker for example.

This was around the time when personal firearms were becoming less shit - they had repeating rifles at this point.

Hell no. Look up Brad Kasal. He's a fucking legend in my beloved Corps.

looks to me like they're fighting with sticks there, not swords

Attached: 2011-08-22-beartato-swords[1].png (800x1035, 100K)

Peacemaker is garbo

Confirming peacemaker is garbo, we had S&W model 3 though though.

anyone have the edited version

What? Most of your thigh is just a giant chunk of muscle. There is an artery that goes up your inner thigh that you can bleed out from, but it is thinner than a pencil. If nothing hits that you can pretty much walk it off.

If he is then I don't know whose retirement I attended last year.

Lol anyone can kill someone with machine guns and cannons buddy

Most advanced hand gun of its time, blew everything that came before out of the water and was the basis of everything that came after.

That was just Hollywood "super mystical Asian fightan" though. The Samurai at that point were massive pushys. We are not talking about feudal Japan in this movie.

He lived and was awarded the Navy Cross. Known some Army guys with 1st ID that served in the Fallujah campaigns, it was a hard place to be at those times.

Had a guy in my company that was 26 years old and he looked like he was closing on 50. Had another that took three rounds of 7.62 x 39 point blank entering a building, broke two of his ribs

Attached: Gunnery_Sergeant_Ryan_P._Shane_shot_while_trying_to_rescue_wounded_Marine_in_Fallujah.jpg (991x634, 149K)

katana is just the japanese saber.

most battlefield gunshot casualties are thigh shots

>Though I'm forever thankful that I never had to do close combat.
This is why everyone makes fun of you retarded tankers. Hell, even combat engineers are better fighters than you fags.

He actually btfo them in the first battle and killed their champion.
After that he gets btfo repeatedly when he is injured and his life isn’t on the line

t. bridge builder

Why is this movie being talked about so much recently? Is it on Netflix or something?

Not that user but other USMC vet. You hear how that most recent Army MoH recipient got CQB with a haji and slit his fucking throat? I really wonder what knife he used

>He doesn’t speak Japanese. He has never held a sword. They make him the Last Samurai.
How is it that so many people think that Tom Cruise is playing an actual Japanese samurai in this movie? How much effort does it take to skim through a plot summary?

not all casualties are deaths though

kek

Reading that citation gave me a boner

>CQB
>haji
Can you explain what this means for someone who knows jack shit about the military

based and lorepilled

he ganked a towelhead

this

cqb is up close stuff. haji is a dangerous brown

Thought this way as well until I started going to public ranges and shooting with other people. Some folks can't aim for shit even if they know what eye is dominant. I'm talking short ranges too. No more than 30 yards at most. Surprising at how bad folks are in general.

I dont keep up with that shit since i left except for shitposting on here. But when I was in the batallion library had a book with all the MOH write ups since ww2. I was always impressed with how many combat engineers killed like 20 gooks with an e tool during korea.

You say that as if video games and movies are some qualitative indicator of reality. They are not, enemies don't have icons on them, and they hide as well as they can, and they remain hidden until they are right in your face.

Having machine guns and 25mm cannons doesn't make it any easier to kill them, especially in a built up city. Gunshots bounce of wall and structures to the point you can't identify the origin of the shooter. RPGs are so much more speedy than any movie depicting them. You might get smoke plum, but other than that, it is difficult to discern that place and direction they came from. Complex ambushes involving IED. small arms, and RPG is about the worst place to be at any particular moment. It is fucking chaos, trying to get through the killzone and keep your buddies alive. And it doesn't always work out, you lose friends.

>t. OIF 06-07

Attached: Marine Lance Cpl. James Blake Miller, 20, 2004 COMMENT.jpg (2400x1866, 284K)

thats weird considering theres literally markings to show where the bullet will go.

Personal firearms were as good as you'd get in the military and sometimes better. Nowadays though it's heavily restricted even in the USA.

Heh just because it has sights doesn't mean it's zeroed and if it is that depends on the range you're aiming for chief. Handgun accuracy is the worst.

nope military rifles were way, way, way shittier pre-ww2. the military's standard rifles are pretty much exactly the same as civilians now, they just get LMGs and MGs and up.

why do americans love to play soldier

Wasn't there some Shogun that took control of Japan by being dishonorable and producing a bunch of shitty Jap guns?

Attached: 4L_QV6aXZdZ.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Not sure what you're looking about. Nothing I said was incorrect nor refuted. Kek.

Nobunaga Oda? also not shitty at all, and proportionally speaking (nº of guns per soldier) his army had more guns than any European country. Dude was a fucking gunboo

Samurai loved their guns actually

imagine travelling around the whole world to invade the homes of rice farmers or goat herders and dying in the process

Attached: ab8.jpg (425x283, 38K)

Yeah I think that was it. I remember hearing he made so many that they were basically the Mosin Nagants of old and people could buy a gun super cheap.

the magnitude of shittiness of civil war era military rifles is really difficult to comprehend. That goes for most of europe too.

Chink countries were shit with firearms until the euros and Americans conquered them. It is known.

They also, as it always happens with Japaneses, refined muskets so much they made the best matchlocks ever...in a time that they were already obsolete

>the military's standard rifles are pretty much exactly the same as civilians now
But you have to know that isnt the case. The chrome lined barrel on any 30 year old m16 for instance. Sure there are chrome lined barrels on modern ar15s, but they cost 2 thousand dollars. And you know the average joe shmoe has a shitty 700 dollar ar15.

It's not hard at all. I own several since I larp on the side as a re enactor.

I don't get it

chrome lined barrels are for grunts that don't know how to maintain a firearm. There's also significantly better on the market, average would probably be lower than 700 though. There's a lot out there, but anything is available.

I would agree that a lot of eastern fighting styles are BS. Their swordplay/weapons was actually pretty spot on for the most part. The difference is sword play was a matter of life and death where as hand to hand mattered less in that regard.

So while it was a bit silly and showy it was mostly effective. And a good system mastered to perfection is better than a great system learned to a good amount.

>Nipponcels on suicide watch

Attached: american_looking_at_you.jpg (500x357, 93K)

Because we've had to defend sissy eurofags for the past 80 years.

Sword fights are for faggots anyway. Everyone knows real men used pole arms.

We don't play, we do.

Attached: IMG_0081.jpg (640x480, 170K)

>Had another that took three rounds of 7.62 x 39 point blank entering a building, broke two of his ribs
>broke two of his ribs

umm. what? would he be fucking dead?

Slit a raghead's throat Call of Duty style

The single action army. This is the greatest handgun ever made. Six bullets. More than enough to kill anything that moves.

FIRRED WITH REGRET WAITING TO DIE

THERE ARE BASICALLY 2 JAPANESE ACTORS IN EVERY HOLLYWOOD MOVIE THAT NEEDS A NIP CHARACTER

IF THEY CALL ONE AND HES BUSY
THEY CALL THE OTHER
LAST SAMURAI HAD BOTH, OBVIOUSLY

KANEDA WHAT DO YOU SEEEE

Attached: ret zem fite.gif (495x464, 1.49M)

>rook gaijin, we've-a refined yua technorogi from 400 yea ago, u jerrus??
>*gets mowed down by repeating rifles and gatling guns*
Must feel bad.

DELETE THIS

>what's vest?

lmao loading gate plebs thinking they're high tech.

Sword and bayonet training were universal in 19th century militaries. Officers in particular would splurge on fancy custom swords and fence for recreation

>Can boast that I can take you at least at 500 Meters before you even know it. Because I have. Though I'm forever thankful that I never had to do close combat.
Navy_seal_copypasta.txt

You'd be surprised what the body can endure. Plenty of people have been shot in the head and had pieces of their skulls broken off and survived, some even with normal brain function.

Cavalry wouldn’t really know how to duel, they just slash at people from their horses

>from 400
Not that much, more like 50 years at worst. Then after Nobunaga died everything he achieved and wanted to accomplish was deemed super dishonoburaru and thrown away...guns included.

they'd have training with them, they're officers.

Say that to my face in M&B faggot not online see what happens.

Attached: 1476449160110.png (550x734, 695K)

i was shot in the back of the head with a bb but to this day i still wonder if it was an actual gun since it blew the window out

I love to reload during a battle
There's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber

i thought modern bullet proof vests, especially military issued were generally shit and unprotective against rifle bullets

Trump or Steven Seagal?

I'm glad I still had this old gif

Attached: Bamboo Slice.gif (300x300, 1.99M)

>Nipponcels on suicide watch
Just like every other day!

nope, they get plates that take a few hits before hitting real vest. not sure if iiia could take 7.x62x39, maybe.

>yeah, no. Katana reigns supreme.

Attached: nothin personelle.jpg (367x500, 19K)

lmao isnt that thomas jane dialog from the punisher video game?

that was a surprisingly fun game too

Yea absolutely. He was a sword carrying cavalry officer and even ignoring that Single Stick was a popular exercise past time then. He wields that sword accordingly.

Horseback fencing operates on the same physical principles as fencing on foot. Cavalry training involved training for opponents on horseback as well as opponents on foot.

>Can boast that I can take you at least at 500 Meters before you even know it.
yea if your target is the size of a barn door, and you're using an ACOG

>MUHHHRREEEEENNNSSS

Attached: 1557710003434.png (406x452, 136K)

Revolver ocelot from MGS1

Thats used as a spear actually

GRAB EM BY THE POONANI

SNATCH ALL YOUR MOTHERFUCKER BIRTHDAYS

>MFW CHAIRFORCE TALKS BIG FROM HIS DESK

>m-muh samurai are better than western warriors
Not so fast, little samurai.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandar_Lekso_Saičić

Attached: based samurai slayer.jpg (463x768, 126K)

a lot of officers practiced dueling because dueling was popular

delete this

Attached: 1496265803013.gif (424x240, 2.56M)

We have SAPI (Small-Arm-Protective-Inserts) plates user, ceramic armor that can absorb getting shot multiple times. Hell there was a SEAL a while go that shot a 28 times in a similar scenario, and he survived.

There is a "golden hour", you make that window, you are much likely to survive. Was wounded myself, and I would not survived if that Blackhawk didn't arrive within 30 minutes of being wounded.

Longest shot made was 729 meters.
M4/M16 have a 550 Meter point range at best, but like above, I did better than that that. And I'm really proud of that.

Pic related: my forward grip is where it is to address threats that were closer than our truck-gun could get alignment.

Attached: my raifu.jpg (640x480, 111K)

id imagine its where most bullets hit since they are big and always moving back and forth

>The duel hero samurai virgin
>The US Army captain chad who's actually useful in group PvP

Attached: So it's teason then.png (998x719, 502K)

pure, unrefined kino
every word is a poem

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1582_Cagayan_battles

POST FAT SEAGAL OPERATING WEBMS LMAO

Anybody else feeling really uncomfortable that the US military would recruit the kind of people who post on 4channels tv board?

Attached: Video cat.jpg (400x300, 83K)

poonani

Attached: seagal kino as fuck.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

It would take at least ten nips to kill Nathan Bedford Forrest

>muh ACOG
You do realize they are way overpriced sights that the military buys because of the made in USA restrictions right? They are great for what they are, which is a 4x sight that only works during the day. I loved my acog, but im not about to drop 2 grand of my own money on one.

ACOG is golden due to its durability

the last samurai is the guy watanabi plays, bot Tom..

You’ve been watching too much weebshit

eh, not sure where else they'd go. most of the military is poor kids that were too stupid to go to college/learn a trade. suckling the government's teat is the only choice they have to potentially having better opportunities down the road.

if you gave pic related 20 good men hed take over all of japan in a few years.

Attached: Bloody-bill-anderson.jpg (442x561, 87K)

nitrided barrels are much, much better than chrome lined.

This.
Both guys I grew up with who went into the military literally had to take five years of high school.
While I don't doubt there are quality soldiers. They are unfortunately not the majority.

Attached: 1318839123382.jpg (480x425, 49K)

Yea ForumsTARDS OPERATE YOUR MULTI MILLION DOLLAR MILITARY EQUIPMENT, AMONG OTHER THINGS

Yea Forums IS LITERALLY IRL FIGHTCLUB, EXPECT US

Attached: capital b.jpg (500x334, 95K)

what the fuck is Yea Forums?

I mean I'm more ashamed that I couldn't pass the test to get into the army but to each their own m8

you have to make things work even if they don't go according to your plans

Attached: Claymore+7.png (600x803, 1.25M)

NOBODY SAID GRUNTS ARE SMART :^)

Attached: 1561081934510.jpg (1860x1859, 631K)

The one fag is wearing a colored patch. No one wore rhose retarded shoulder gaurds in country. No one used unarmored humvees since 2005. And theres a fucking motor pool lock on the door. This is a troll.

dueling isn't complex at all. hit / don't get hit.

PIC IS ANCIENT, PRE ARCHIVE

HALF OF /k/ SERVED IN VARIOUS CAPACITIES THERE IS NO TROLLING

He was a cavalry officer so yes he would have had some training. Either way he fought in a time where guns took ages to reload and so most soldiers would have had plenty of experience in hand to hand combat. It all boils down to footwork and movement/positioning, whether you're using the butt of a rifle to bash someone's head in or a bayonet or a sword so basic training and enough experience would have given him plenty of familiarity.

He clearly isn't as skillful as the japs... he gets better when they train him.

>I would agree that a lot of eastern fighting styles are BS
Reminds me of Xu Xiaodong a chinese MMA amateur that went around beating the shit out of supposed kung fu masters.
These fighting styles are just pageantry at their worst and spirituality at their best. They are not viable combat styles.

Attached: e7bee228-18aa-11e9-8ff8-c80f5203e5c9_image_hires_161731.jpg (1200x800, 90K)

You couldnt pass the asvab? Its a 4 answer multiple choice test. Even randomly guessing should get you a 25% you only need a 23% to become a cook or infantry.

Maybe, but nobody would fight with a sword anyway unless they were okay with their life lasting mere seconds in battle. The spear meme existed in all warfare across all civilizations because it was the best, tried and proven again and again.

That explains everything but the motor pool lock. Who the fuck is locking up their shit down range? I would have laughed my ass off if any haji managed to steal a truck. And we kept our guns in them half the time.

Katana are normally 2 handers? Wouldn't saber (cavalry) be a one handed technique? I guess he might have some training for sword combat if he was grounded.

>I would have laughed my ass off if any haji managed to steal a truck
I’m betting that they were thinking that they could just, you know, leave a fully loaded supply truck laying around, just like you could anywhere in America, you know. I mean, you park your unlocked car in Detroit or Baltimore, I mean, your shit’s going to be there, guaranteed, when you get back from the day spa with your skin all exfoliated and shit, right. I mean, seriously homes, why would our Iraqi brethren want four hundred pounds of C4, claymores and crates of M-16’s? I mean, it just doesn’t make any sense. Oh wait, you know they could be using all that C4 for like a giant Fourth of July celebration! What do you think, Brad?

Attached: ray persons generation kill.png (500x352, 318K)

>Katana are normally 2 handers?
yeah but they are short manlet swords, like blade length of 27 inches where 1 handed sabres average length was a like 34 inch blade. basically katanas are easy to use

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandar_Lekso_Saičić
>He died as a result of a jump from the second floor of the King’s Palace in Cetinje during the fire while he was trying to save the rare books that were kept there.

based Montenegrin

Telivison writers are stupid. Making half a ton of ANFO in the desert is far easier than infiltrating an actual military base and stealing a truck .

My great grandfather was in the Pacific and one of the things he came back with was an officer's katana.
My dad still has it, but as a kid I used to fuck around with that thing all the time. They are pretty well designed, you definitely feel the power behind one when you hold it.
If you absolutely need to bisect an unarmored dude, you're not going to get much better than a katana.

heard this guy gets harassed all the time because so many chinkcels were pissed off about him "disrespecting" traditional martial arts

yes, fencing was part of the curriculum at West Point until at least WW1.

>Telivison writers are stupid.
Reality was far, far stupider.

Attached: captain america.png (460x579, 570K)

His social credit score was destroyed because he took on some Tai Chi guys.

Katanas are literally n00b sticks. You have to actively try to not cut something with one because of their design. They are also the size of a European 1hr weapon, heavier, and suck at stabbing.

You can take any retard and teach them how to use a katana in a few days. It takes much more training to use a long sword.

Stop believing the lies some japanese (how never meet a real samurai) writted more than 100 years ago. The samurai there were not all skilled and not all were figthers. Some of them were just rich assholes how buy they title.

>What is fencing

> seething yuro weeb
> I prefer western swords
> ?????

It kinda does when it's not in a realistic situation. The weeb sword would still use but purposely using it in a situation that it isn't meant for is fucking retarded.

MINE SHOT NATZIS IN THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE, WOULD NEVER SAY HOW MANY BUT YOU COULD TELL IT WAS A LOT
A TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT

YUROPEAN THEATER AKA THE WHITEMANS WAR
ASIA? JUST NUKE THEM OR WHATEVER LMAO

FOLLOW MY TRACERS!

tai chi was never meant to be a martial art, tho

lolno, not in a million years. no soft armor on earth can take rifle bullets. and the plates are the "real vest", a solid slab of silicon carbide is a hell of a lot more protective than a wad of kevlar

The katanas issued during ww2 were all of inferior american steel. I bet you dont even realize the reason the nips even attacked us is that our steel embargo ran them out of it.

>military buys because of the made in USA restrictions right?
As opposed to what? some chink made optic? The only non-US based optics manufacturers aside from china are out of germany or austria and they cost a fuckton more than US made stuff

>What makes it European in nature? You do realize that the idea of cavalry is not a entirely European notion? We
>We fought some of you fucks at least four times in the ages of cavalry
If you can't recognize that American tactics, just like our politics/language/culture, are directly pulled from Europe or from other European colonies, then you're an idiot. The US military used European-style cavalry tactics, by the time the US was important/powerful enough to be the bleeding edge of military tactics cavalry wasn't relevant anymore.

this is actually pretty impressive, right?

If I recall corectly, the ziess america "plant" is a building in wisconsin where they qc german lenses assembled in mexico. And yes a 4x ziess is about a grand cheaper than an acog.

I dont hate acog or jesus or america. I am just pointing out facts.

Die for Israel already so we don't have to put up with you.

AMERICANS ARE JUST BETTER EUROPEANS
ITS AN EVOLUTION

A WHOLE NEW CONTINENT TO DOMINATE
WHO THE HELL WOULD STAY HOME
PUSSIES THATS WHO :^)

Attached: 1561329661728.jpg (414x279, 68K)

I wonder how life is for militarymen whose countries are not in any conflict. In Vietnam, the soldiers are basically farmer, growing and raising their own food. Then do the occasion disaster reliefs. Maximum comfy.

>the reason the nips even attacked us is that our steel embargo ran them out of it.
I think was the rubber/oil embargo more than anything. You can look at Jap military strategy prior to Pearl Harbor and it's clear they were trying to secure other sources of rubber (British Malaysia, Dutch Indochina). If you don't have rubber for your tires or oil for your planes/trucks, you're kind of fucked. Not to mention the necessity of rubber and oil in factories.

using swords on a horse is difficult, you'd learn how to use each separately first

>AMERICANS ARE JUST BETTER EUROPEANS
>ITS AN EVOLUTION
That's not what I'm saying at all. Just that it's rare to find a major American development, especially pre-20th century, that wasn't either heavily rooted in or directly ripped/stolen from European ideas.

sure if you're made of straw

Zeiss doesn't even make military optics you dunce, that's why they used to have the hensoldt offshoot brand. Guess what a hensoldt costs a shitload more than a trijicon anything.

>former

kys boomer

ITS NOT STOLEN BECAUSE THE SMART YUROS LITERALLY CAME TO AMERICA WITH THEIR SMARTS AND TOOK THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE AT THE TOP TIER OF THE MOST DOMINANT COUNTRY TO EVER EXIST

WANNA REALLY SEE STOLEN? THATS CHINA

god americans and their boner for MUH SERVING MUH COUNTRY make me wince

how does one fight with a horse

Supposedly wet rolled up tatami has about the same resistance as a body or limb of the same thickness.
Samurai didn't sword fight light cartoons, they were more like quick draws in the wild west.

THATS BECAUSE YOUR COUNTRY IS SHIT :^)

IE ITS NOT AMERICA LMAO

Attached: 1246545149101.png (400x604, 310K)

What the fuck was the last guy even trying to accomplish by running unarmed into a guy with a fucking sword?

Attached: edgemaster.webm (640x360, 1.78M)

This. While the samurai have a wonderful cult following thanks to film and media, their ancient ways, including swordplay, was badly antiquated by western standards.

An oldie but a goodie. Can never not look at it and watch it a few times when it's posted.

>Sure there are chrome lined barrels on modern ar15s, but they cost 2 thousand dollars
What the fuck are you talking about you fucking retard?

*blocks ur slash*

Attached: file.png (1024x768, 1.66M)

We were going to be given sword training at OCS but that was only for Drill

Sucks for you, I'm here for life at this point. See you further tonight or tomorrow, and the next day, and the next.

Attached: IMG_0058.jpg (640x480, 156K)

Nigger, they literally fought with swords. Read a fucking book, you fucking dumb motherfucker.

Butter knife would win

thousand layers
only folded 10 times

classic lanklet

would a samurai really know how to fly an airplane?

Attached: 6hcftskl.jpg (986x1400, 866K)

Having read a book or two, the Samurai were actually bigger fans of archery despite stereotypes placed on them by hollywood. Suggest reading a book yourself.

FUCK ISRAEL
USA #1

YOU THINK WE WERE GONNA LET SOME FILTHY G*ERMS RUN THE WORLD? LMAO GET REKT
THERE CAN BEEE ONLY 1

BE HAPPY UR NOT SPEAKING KRAUT, HIDEOUS GUTTURAL LANGUAGE ANYWAY

Attached: 20080406165033!V-22_Osprey_refueling_edit1.jpg (2500x1532, 2.02M)

I wish central Asia were more developed so I could move there and live comfortably while being surrounded by cute Hapa girls.

Even when Japan was “closed off” from the rest of the world, there were still Japanese trading posts that had been set up to acquire commodities not available in Japan.
There trading posts traded with the Dutch, as well as China, and kept track of technological advances outside of Japan.
While Japan had comparatively shitty steel, if it hadn’t been time consumingly refined by a blacksmith, the blacksmiths were highly skilled, and the flintlock rifles I’ve seen from the period look as well made as a top of the line Kentucky/Pennsylvannia rifle.
Japan during the same period also had air guns of sufficient caliber for warfare, likely based on the state of the art technology that was being developed in the US and Europe.

>here issu yo katana, gaijin

Attached: grorious nippon sragu.jpg (800x600, 190K)

This guy was once self admittedly a katana loving weeb till he started studying European swords and armor, he then learned that Katanas are poop with handles and the metal is folded so many times because it's horribly impure to begin with.

ah yes of course America has always emulated and primarily descended from African and Mongolian civilization which is why we take after them in military technology speech and culture silly me. Fuck off you manlet spic POG .

State of the art rifles were being developed during the civil war, and going back to ghe Revolutionary war for that matter.
Large scale gun purchases tended to be for simple firearms, because simpler firearms were cheaper, and tended to actually get may close to schedule and delivered.
By the Indian Wars, there were firearms that would have been considered somewhat state of the art in WWI if issued to troops.
As an artillery officer, Cruise’s character would have been familiar with the finest firearms of the era.
Allen and Wheelock were making revolvers that would have looked contemporary during the 1920s, and this was during the 1860s.

Spouting bullshit doesn't in itself make it true, and that is all of your fucking post.

I didn't know anyone was allowed to be this based

>have gun but still walk up within sword range to defeat sword wielding enemy

This is why we keep you around, user.

as someone whos in the navy right now, it's not worth joining. Youre not serving your country, youre serving israel and the kike politicians and MIC that serves them surrounded with the dredges of society that live off of the welfare bucks provided by the taxpayer money to them and their half breed mutt children since your wife will cheat on you while on deployment

the weird thing is that when people are actually athletic and have basic eye hand coordination, they can defend themselves in high adrenaline situations against those with better training.

Reported to the FBI. I hope you lose your clearance. If you even have one, you are probably playing pretend in Virginia Beach.

spotted the soldier with a wife at home. sorry bud. no but seriously that sucks

I got out in 2011 buddy. I can talk as much shit about uncle sam as I want. That is literally part of the constitution I swore to defend.

But if you are an actual deploying clearance holding sailor? Lol I hope they take back pay.

AMERICAN MILITARY SERVES AMERICAN HEGEMONY OF THE PLANET

IE BASED AMERICA

SIMPLE AS

Attached: 1559442645266.jpg (630x630, 48K)

Is that true?

the will to live is an incredibly powerful thing, user

The Last Samurai is actually plural

What always bugged me is that not that he could use a sword, but that for some reason the samurai wouldn't use guns. They fucking loved firearms.

Attached: samurai ers.png (1500x800, 494K)

Attached: twta.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Tom Cruise’s character is fictional, but mostly based on two people.

A Frenchman named Jules Brunet, who later returned to France, and retired as a Generale de Division/(ie. Major General).
And An American named Frederick Townsend Ward.

Brunet was one of the french officers sent to train the Shogun’s troops in military tactics, and despite the French government ordering the officers to leave, Brunet and another officer remained behind, and commanded the Shogun’s loyalist forces against the Imperial forces in a number of battles, till they lost and the French officers fled on a French military ship.
When Brunet returned to France, the government refused to punish him, and gave him a higher commission, and position in the Army.

The other person Cruise’s character was based on was Frederick Townsend Ward.
Alledgedly a Ne'er-do-well from a decent family, who traveled around working as a mercenary and meeting interesting people, alledgedly dying in command of the “Ever Victorious Army” fighting in China for the Quing dynasty against the Taiping Rebellion.
The Ever Victorious Army was later commanded by Charles George Gordon, mostly known for dying during the Siege of Khartoum.
Ward in his career supposedly met, Guiseppe Garibaldi, William Walker and joined his forces during his invasion of Mexico, fought in the Crimean War, might have worked as a Mercenary in Juarez Mexico or a Texas Ranger, and then later died fighting for the Quing Dynasty in China. He was also in China during the First Opium War in China.

The above two people have spook written all over them. They were likely sent to were they were to transmit interligence there ir back, for military officers or intelligence in their respective countries.
Somebody trained for military intelligence work would be highly trained, even back then, especially if from a prominent family, Was likely in this case.

He's referring to the fact Marines qualify with their ACOGs in boot camp, not iron sights, shooting at huge targets that look like the side of a barn

prior to taking up the use of European technology it seems that many would consider the Japanese to be comparatively 'barbarians' in technology and cultural refinement in comparison to China (they wore the equivalent of togas and never invented buttons and wore shoes with no lacing) much like many would consider the people of the British isles to comparatively be 'barbarians' in technology and cultural refinement in comparison to the people of the Roman Empire this is why the wore the equivalent of togas for so long

This guy knows his shit.

That cant be true. Even army cooks have to shoot iron sight at man targets at 300 yards.

>Would a US Army captain really know how to sword fight?

yes. he'd have seen all the youtube instructional videos and gone to ninja school