Your favorite sci-fi movie

>your favorite sci-fi movie
Stalker
>an under rated sci-fi movie
Annihilation
>an over rated sci-fi movie
Matrix

Attached: anarcho-skella3.png (1926x3138, 292K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3967787
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Aliens
Attack the Block
Annihilation

You are rude.

Predator
Trancers, Rollerball, The Hidden, Buckaroo Banzai
Escape from NY

Oh also Terminator 2 is overrated too

>Escape from NY
>sci-fi
based retard

Terminator 2
Robocop 2
Schindler's List

>favorite sci fi
On the silver globe
>under rated sci fi
On the silver globe
>Over rated sci fi
2001 ASO (still love it though)

>dystopian future with advanced technology
>not sci fi

A truly brainlet post.

>>Over rated sci fi
>2001 ASO (still love it though)
I agree with this.

Attached: peperex3.png (894x670, 90K)

A movie with sci-fi elements is not automatically a sci-fi movie. In my mind Fury Road is not sci-fi and neither is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

It's not just sci fi elements it's literally set in a science fiction world. The whole concept is sci fi. That's like saying it's not an action film either because technically it follows western beats. How retarded can you possibly be? Alien isn't sci fi either since it's a horror movie. Terminator is a thriller, not sci fi or action or horror. 2001 is a drama. Just kill yourself you disgusting fucking mongoloid.

I think sci-fi has to reflect on our current society/human condition through presenting a fictional one. HighTech definitely doesn't make it automatically sci-fi. E.g.
>star wars
space opera
>pacific rim
gar-fi (garbage fiction)

Oh, so you're just making up your own arbitrary genre restrictions and disregarding actual reality because you are, in fact, completely fucking retarded in every way. Fucking google Escape from NY and tell me what one of the first descriptive terms you see about it is. It's fucking SCI FI is what it is you troglodyte

>google Escape from NY and tell me what one of the first descriptive terms you see about it is
"bad"

Yeah I agree with you moron, remember? this argument started because I posted that it is overrated and you had to chime in with your mouth breathing drool soaked sci fi comment

Escape from NY is just G,I, Joe set in the future. Action/fantasy.

Where do I watch this FUCKING MOVIE REEEE IVE BEEN TRYING FOR SO LONH

>Alien isn't sci fi either since it's a horror movie. Terminator is a thriller, not sci fi or action or horror. 2001 is a drama.
Difference being that all of these rely on the sci-fi elements to function as a movie, meanwhile Escape from New York would work the same way if it was set in the year 1900, 1950 or 2050.
>How retarded can you possibly be?
I don't know, but seeing how slow on the uptake you seem to be, probably "very".
>m-muh google told me so so it must be true!
Alright, scratch the "probably" part. Very retarded, for sure.

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3967787

end of evangelion
Robot and Frank
ghost in the shell or alien, I like alien far more than ghost in the shell though.

BASED user

You forget the futuristic escape pod that allows the president to survive. Your forget that Snake is a veteran of WW3. You forget that Snake is injected with a hyper small future body-born bomb. Also look at the political climate in the outside world, Europe is a 1984 dystopia. And the 3D city scape map thing they use in the beginning. Honestly you are grasping at straws my friend. Just kys

>Snake is injected with a hyper small future body-born bomb
So you admit that the whole movie is set in the future to cover up plot holes and shitty writing, right?

>hurr, boss, but why would Snek do any of this?
>I don't know! He has a bomb on him or something!
>b-but boss! why wouldn't he try to disarm it?
>I DON'T KNOW! IT'S INJECTED INTO HIM IN THE FUTURE OR SOMETHING

>You forget the futuristic escape pod that allows the president to survive. Your forget that Snake is a veteran of WW3. You forget that Snake is injected with a hyper small future body-born bomb. Also look at the political climate in the outside world, Europe is a 1984 dystopia.
None of these elements are critical for the main theme of the movie It could just as well be set in the year 1700, with the protagonist sent to some abandoned island town where criminals are contained and anarchy reigns.
>you forget
>you forget
>you forget
Is this some kinda projection by a coping brainlet? The life must be so much less stressful when you are below 100 IQ.

The space ship and the planets and the alien aren't critical for the main theme of Alien either then you worthless fuck, jesus christ you are so tiring. I want to murder you.

I don't like the movie you idiot, but it's still sci fi

>The space ship and the planets and the alien aren't critical for the main theme of Alien either
How is not? Write me Alien set in 1300 A.D.

Attached: dag.png (593x616, 430K)

So we're on a boat crossing the ocean right and we see a desert island. We go investigate, find a wrecked ship but it's very primitive. We accidentally open a clay pot and it sprays some shit on a guy. Turns out it's some kinda small pox or super lethal plague and it's like killing everyone and making everyone sick, and then it ends up being like the navigator was hired by the king to bring this disease back as a weapon.

Infinity Chamber
Infinity Chamber
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Ow, man, that's really fucking bad.

Attached: kJ23zON.jpg (900x675, 475K)

That's pretty much the story of alien though. That's the same plot. So you're saying alien is bad as a barebones story. Personally, I agree.

kino

Attached: 60540196_10159041661831840_6153426896546693120_n.jpg (960x504, 41K)

Favorite sci-fi movie:
Hell Comes to Frog Town

Underrated sci-fi movie:
Flesh Gordon Meets the cosmic cheerleaders

Overrated sci-fi movie:
Dune

alien
Predestination, 2010 the year we made contact,
Aliens

>Hell Comes to Frog Town
Is that the out of bubble gum dude in the main role?