Since their is a bunch of Eva fags on here...

Since their is a bunch of Eva fags on here, some of you might not know that their was almost a movie made back in the mid 2000's. The project was to be helmed by Peter Jackson and Stephen Spielberg. It was considered far too expensive to make and shelved.

Attached: weta-evangelion11.jpg (600x357, 41K)

Attached: weta-evangelion23.jpg (293x412, 15K)

Attached: weta-evangelion22.jpg (290x414, 16K)

Attached: weta-evangelion19.jpg (288x414, 17K)

Attached: weta-evangelion.jpg (574x368, 36K)

gross

thank god that never happen, live action anime is an abomination

These drawings look...off. They're so rigid

>"Kate Rose"
>"Ray"

I'm glad this was never made. An Evangelion adaption can work if made by a kino director like Snyder or Villenueve.

I remember when I first read about it in Anime Insider. I followed it for so long until it finally died. Probably for the best. Though I'd be interested to see how westerners would creatively fuck it up

We already got Pacific Rim for giant robot kino and Alita for maximum qt. They'd probably cast some 30 year olds for the girls anyways.

Not in the mid 2000s, no, but today? Completely different story. The amount of technology and realistic life-like CGI along with advanced filmography techniques makes bringing anime to life a real possibility. Imagine if James Cameron helmed the project following Avatar 4 and the technology he would bring to the series? Insane.

She looks like 30 years old what the fuck
>Kate Rose
WHAT THE FLYING FUCK

You are forgetting that nowdays you need to put negroids by obligation. Since this year if a movie wants to get nominated to a BAFTA it must include a %s of negroids as rule.

What's wrong with making a character black? Make it a minor character like Kaworu.

>Kaworu
>a fucking nigger
get the fuck out of this thread, then get off this site, then gargle draino and exit life

These are just concept art. Remember that The Force Awaken's Rey was supposed to be a dude.

Why does that upset you so much? He's a minor enough character that it wouldn't matter too much for the edgy tryhards here but he's also important enough to the story that it would make a valid representation for that race.

Just fucking burn your iphone and then go tell your dad what a faggot he raised

>minor character
>Kaworu
I hope you die you piece of shit

>The Force Awaken's Rey was supposed to be a dude.
No wonder the movies are shit

>Discussing the never made live action Eva movie
>No mention of the fact ADV wanted Michael Bay to direct it
I'm disappointed in Yea Forums right now

Good. NGE should never be made into a film. Waste of time and it would likely be bad. Definitely if big time normalfag directors like those 2 got ahold of it. Any bits of theme from the original would go out for generic BS.

We wouldn't have had Rylo though. Unless Kylo would have been a girl who murders her father and struggles between good and evil...

You want real life anime? Why?

This takes me back. There were fears that Daniel Ratliff would be Shinji and Hugh Lawrie would be Gendo.

Because then when I suggest to people shows to watch they won't roll their eyes when I mention "anime."

That's dumb. If people aren't interested in anime, they aren't going to watch it just because a movie is out.

Eva is one of those anime that could only be paired with a director like a Stanley Kubrick for live action (and the guy's dead).
I dont think anyone else could do it justice.

Make Kylo a woman, that would have been even hotter.

And the Force Awaken's concept art was shit too. Shit Wars was always bad. Evangelion is kino.

You underestimate the number of people who refuse to even watch anime because it's anime.

They could have made a female Kylo and kept female Rey and had them go lesbo and just made Luke gay to cover the male gay crowd.

Why do people bother with adapting anime? That shit isn't meant to be seen live-action because the only people who understand that autism are Japs and weebs.

>adapts manga into anime
>squee~!
>adapts anime into movie/television show
>reee!

>when you get the Switch for Christmas

Attached: evangelion1.jpg (417x426, 22K)

Eva was never a manga but if you're talking in general, there's very few anime that live up to the manga if at all.

I'd say the amount of people interested in comics/Marvel/DC has probably skyrocketed since the MCU became the biggest thing ever

Not really. A lot of us in Yea Forums have discussed this and having people get into DC and/or Marvel comics is challenging because there's decades worth of continuity. DC has a slightly easier time because of the nu52 continuity that reboots it to the late 00's as a starting point.

Just give it to someone who cares about the source material and won't make it to be as profitable as possible at all costs. Don't know if that person exists though, or at least no studio would give that person the job. Just don't make it at all seems a nice compromise to me.

Yes I'm pretty sure it was hard to get people who grew up with Superman, Batman, Thor, Cap America, Spiderman, etc into movies and shows around them.

>shelved
Thank God

I assumed these were placeholder names or codenames to keep production and eventual casting secret. Kinda like Blue Harvest.

No, apparently "Asuka" and "Rei" are too hard for the average capeshitter to pronounce.

He's not a minor character at all lmao and his outward appearance isn't an optional part of his character. Kaworu was an ethereal, white haired, notably pale, pretty boy. Making him black would erase all his defining physical features (which, if retained, would look retarded on a nigger and you know it) and make him utterly unremarkable.

Anyway, there's already a black angel—Leliel.

Attached: SDn2XC0.png (720x544, 606K)

>Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg
two hacks
thank fucking God we dodged that bullet

>There were fears that Daniel Ratliff would be Shinji and Hugh Lawrie would be Gendo.
I mean, if it were a raced swapped version, Hugh Laurie would be an amazing Gendo.

Who cares what other people think?

The characters to make black/non-white for diversity quota, if at all, is probably Shinji's classmates, Toji and Kensuke. Toji plays a significant role at one point. Maybe make lesbo NERV employee scientist lady another candidate for diversity.

>finally get around to watching Eva now that it's on an easily accessible service and I don't have to both torrenting it or paying for some streaming service I'm only going to use to watch one thing
>the EVAs aren't even mechs, they're big biological abominations

what the FUCK

Attached: 1434397052247.jpg (231x218, 7K)

You coulda just found some free to watch anime site that shows it. Tons of them. Gotta use the site's video player and all, and ads, but those aren't the only 2 options.

America has laws where you can't sexualize children on film so the pilots would have to be adults and while I wouldn't care the fans would be in uproar

Hollywood adaptations of Anime/Japanese fiction doesn't work no matter how much the director loves and respect the source material. Burgerland just isn't interested in these sort of things.

That's what makes EVA so cool. You're literally piloting a lobotomized giant ayy in order to kill his ayy brethren

Asuka's already mostly white why would you need to Americanize her

>by a kino director like Snyder or Villenueve
AHAHAHA

Misato is black

>Eva was never a manga
Ok newfag

Attached: o0480036012328885243_original.jpg (480x360, 93K)

It would be worse today. They lean too much on lazy CGI now.
Back then they had to a blend of practical/cgi.
Pic related btfo of pretty much everything up until today.

Attached: terminator2-blu-ray.jpg (2904x1948, 244K)