Blade Runner or Blade Runner 2049?

Blade Runner or Blade Runner 2049?

>strawpoll.com/grk63xf9

Attached: brvsbr49.jpg (800x580, 102K)

they're both masterpieces, but 2049 is more enjoyable if you're seen the original, so that gives it the edge over the sequel

The original, easily. The soundtrack alone is enough reason to prefer it

I genuinely believe 2049 has a human element to it that the original lacks. That "love" scene makes Scott come across as a weirdo and the smooth jazz is the only thing stopping it from being completely jarring.

I enjoyed both, but you can't beat the original Blade Runner.

Both are extremely good films and if you think either one of them is bad you're a certified pleb mental midget. Fact.

That scene was great, and the only reason it turned out that way is because it just didn't work when they tried a more traditional love scene, Ford and Young's chemistry didn't work. So eventually he told him to "just grab her!" or something like that

fpbp and checked

2049 suffers from being a direct sequel, and Jared Leto is awful in general. Still a good movie, but I much prefer the original.

Neither.

Reminder that this is Review Screw

Attached: twitter reddit literal who videogame crossposter.jpg (1496x894, 617K)

Bladerunner 2049 actually made me feel, something that hack Ridley could never do.

Leto was the best part you fuck

I have to go with 2049
>inb4 reddit
It's just bigger in scope and has better production. These two movies are kind of like Terminator 1 and 2. The first is more atmospheric and a cult classic, whereas the 2nd one is more accessible and epic in scope, while remaining true to the ideas of the original. Both are great films.

Yeah except T1 is better than T2.

Blade Runner
2049 is reddit idealed garbage for actual shitskin spic zoomers

Attached: 1514255507834.jpg (598x1244, 105K)

2049 has Luv

Attached: tumblr_pi5k5v1WcB1s3rdxdo2_r1_500.gif (500x208, 2.14M)

>Yeah except T1 is better than T2.
Not really, only in le atmosphere. T2 is one of the greatest, possibly the greatest, action films of all-time. Its magnificent in scope and has many more memorable scenes, as well as much better pacing and storytelling.

2049 is bona-fide capeshit.

>2049 suffers from being a direct sequel

It's not. It's "Blade Runner 2049" not "Blade Runner: 2049" There's a massive difference.

Both are great. But 2049 surprised me, I was expecting it to fail, but it turned out to be one the best cinema experiences for me lately. Re-watched it a month ago and still feels fresh.

Original BR gives better ambiance and drama.

It's an honor to actually see you. Feeling pretty wavy right now

Yeah really, zoomer.

Now can you say why you don't like the movie without using internet buzzwords like some kind of retarded child?

I really like both but I will go for the original. The original's cyber-noir atmosphere is something unique.

>destroys the idea of man vs machine

You can tell this teenbro has called garbage like fury road, dredd, flavor of the year action meme shit #3 quote unquote "one of the greatest, possibly the greatest, action films of all-time" as well.

The score has more soul and talent behind it, so that makes the first one better

Are you making a funny?

Vangelis could make anything kino, what of it?

>
This respectfully OP. Both have their great feels honestly. Blade Runner being this dystopian, scif-noir, beautiful flick and 2049 being a perfect sequel exceeding on all qualities that made the first one so good. Perfect duo of two films that compliment each other to a T. Love both films and everything they manage to accomplish.

HELLO ZACH FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT YOU'RE STILL HERE NEGRO?

I like both but prefer the original. For one Deckard is the better protagonist. In 2049 the Goose goes all out with the autism to a point where it's unintentionally funny at times.

i enjoyed both for different reasons.
the first one had a more interesting setting since it more or less created the cyberpunk genre.
but the second one had more interesting characters and cinematography.

Guise, I love the Goose. He is just like me.
I FEEL so much for him.
I'd suck him off. No homo.

Attached: lonely and horny.jpg (524x550, 42K)

>Forget it user, it's Yea Forums

Attached: forget it.png (500x271, 270K)

Revenge of the Sith was the only good one in the prequels, no boring politics shenanigans.
Claiming that is the last honest piece of cinema from Hollywood is really dumb though.

Cringe

Based

According to Yea Forums, Blade Runner 2049 is on the Yea Forums patrician list

Attached: 1525333254755.jpg (1995x5184, 3.4M)

Now can you say why you like the movie without using the word feel?

Also according to Yea Forums, the original Blade Runner is on the Yea Forums turbopleb list.

Attached: 1530078966816.jpg (2094x5040, 1.86M)

you mean soul vs soulless?
creativity vs creative bankruptcy?
existential angst vs replicants rise up!! ?
conflicted protagonist vs incel with a hologram waifu?
really hard question lmao

>Tarantino flicks
I hope that list is a joke.

t. 16 year old tranny tourist

based, fuck reddit-tv desu, stupida fucking board

Just that, they made it kino

I hope you’re not this wrong about your life choices

The original, but to be fair, that's mostly for the soundtrack.

The first is one of a kind, second feels like any other modern epic but with the Blade Runner name

They are both great.
BR2049 gets bonus points for not going nuNerd retarded.

I bet you considered buying a Drive jacket.

>strong female meme instead of realistic characters
>irritating kid who makes the terminator his pet
>action replaces atmosphere
apparently zoomers think atmosphere is a meme, fuck them desu baka
>story is childish, the terminator wont even kill people at the beginning
and we could go on, honestly its a movie that is fun when you're 15 but thats it

That’s if I liked 2049

The legend of autism.

Then do you really have opinions on what and who might be the best parts of a movie you don't like?

I don’t even hate the movie so yeah I do

It isn't a joke. Tarantino movies are patrician just like Annie Hall, The Martian, That's My Boy, Return of the Living Dead, The Hobbit Trilogy, and Mad Max Fury Road.

I didn't say you hated the movie. What/who is the best part?

>dude you have to love one and absolutely hate the other one lmao
they're both great, I'm not a middle school juvenile tribalism tier mental midget sorry

based centrist

>DUDE _ LMAO
Yes you are

2049 does the final step that the original setup. JOI being undeniable just a program, but her love for Kay still being real. The first one remains too materialist

If the original focused more on Batty it would be a better movie. As it stands it sets up an amazing world but gets bogged down with a "meh" performance from Ford. Still a good movie but 2049 is the better of the two.

Blade Runner´s final cut. Easily. 2049 is an ok movie and a competent cyberpunk (though by today standards it might look like a masterpiece).

Meanwhile Ridley´s film is actually a masterpiece and tops 2049 on almost every single aspect. It understands the noir/ expresionist aesthetic better. It´s philosophically depper on it´s analysis of what it means to be human, it is a better written cyberpunk actually focused on the case and not a personal journey. It´s characters are iconic and memorable (Roy is great (though he is not actually the antagonist). He has a far stronger screen prescence compared to Luv and Wallace) and the music, the music of the original is just absolutely memorable. In Blade Runner the aesthetic style has meaning because the film has substance. Comparatively 2049 is just aesthetically pleasing. I think 2049 is maybe a tad better on it´s narrative use of colour but that´s about it.

i think it works, deckard is very conflicted at that point over killing replicants and essentially forces himself to face how he actually feels about them, if he actually considers it a thing or a woman. in the books something similar happens. he does the test himself to see if he has developed empathy for replicants. i've also heard that some people think its because he was desperate to abandon his bladerunner identity and does so by making love to a replicant. either way its way more interesting than a generic romantic scene, and more interesting than the one in 2049.

Attached: 1550940869238.jpg (700x571, 21K)

there's a ton a garbage in there clearly as a joke.
>food fight
>jack and jill
>all the fantastic 4
>the hobbit trilogy
c'mon

i like the original more because it has a far more engrossing atmosphere. everything is so sterile and contained in 2049 for comparison

Attached: bladerunner.jpg (1000x546, 160K)

>everything is so sterile and contained in 2049
huh, it's almost like that is the entire point

Next question

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x203, 19K)

I think he just looked at the top 2 rows, saw 3 tarantino flicks, and passed

i wouldve liked it more it the style was used more sparingly in thematically fitting situations, like in K's apartment and work place. as it is, the movie completely lacks the grit and texture of a noir film. the soundtrack also suffers from this, while the original is alive and moving, the new one is too calculated and stale, with the exception of the mesa theme. that was beautiful. it just doesnt draw you in the same way the original does

I can understand you preferring one over the other, but the monochromatic "sterile" visuals are the entire point of BR2049, to show the bleak empty future after the blackout where nature is practically non existent that is in contrast with the dense, dirty, alive and cluttered setting of the original. The original was mostly filmed at night, this was mostly filmed in a day.
It would make no sense for this film to look extremely colorful and dense, it would make no sense to fill the streets with thousands of extras, it would make no sense to shoot it on grainy film, it would make no sense to make it seem "alive" and developed when everything in it is basically dead.
It's a sequel, not a reboot.

Attached: Blade.Runner.2049.01_08_44.jpg (3840x1600, 2.18M)

2049 is trash

>New bad >:(
>Old Good :)

The original Blade Runner of course. 2049 is a feeble film with a moronic plot that weakens both films with its silly central conceit. Throw in some awful 1 dimensional characters (there's absolutely nothing interesting about Jared Leto in it) and shit like a "will this do?" CGI Sean Young and you've got a turd. I actually laughed at the end where they had the balls to hint at a sequel with MORE Harrison Ford after he sleepwalked through this waste of two hours.
It sometimes looks nice.

Maybe Yea Forums isn't a lost cause after all

Attached: Based.jpg (956x362, 46K)

yeah i know, you only have to compare the opening shots to see that its meant to contrast the original. however it doesnt look very dead to me, most things are very clean and sterile, with the exception of you pic. i think the purpose is to show a mostly artificial world. i just prefer the thick dreamlike atmosphere of the original.

Attached: eye.jpg (1200x1200, 144K)

>as well as much better pacing
The fucking villain of the piece vanishes for about 3 hours right in the middle of the film. A film that is about people being pursued. That's a major shortcoming with regards to pacing, as the threat of the killer robot becomes null until they go back to the city. There are certain things that T2 has over the first, but improved pacing (and storytelling, for that matter - several things in T2 are contradictory) is not one of them. The first is about as muscular a bit of filmmaking as you'll find and a testament to what Cameron can do when he isn't in a position to throw money at problems.

destroyed

How do people even like 2049?

First requirement is not being a woman.

Attached: 1521486974736.png (716x1000, 557K)

Yes, because women can't be basedboys.

What I want to know is, what happened to the other 2048 movies?

>children's book sequel adaptation
>children's book adaptation
>average romance novel adaptation
>children's movie
>average super hero movie
>children's movie
meme gender

2049's two protagonists are fleshed out, believable characters.

Deckard in the original Blade Runner is pretty much nothing, an empty shell, and also rapey

sushi

Yeah but
It doesn't have Rachael

Attached: Bladerunner.jpg (630x300, 44K)

I like that scene because there can be quite a few interprepations.
Deckard was a guy that had trouble with moral quilt that drank his stress away, and Rachel just learned that her whole identity is false. Maybe he told her because he knew she wanted him or maybe he was just drunk.

As much as I like 2049, the original is more creative. I think it's a much bigger accomplishment to have realized this world so clearly and totally with such incredible sound and visuals than it is to evolve and iterate on that same world with the benefit of hindsight.

just wait for the chinks and bongs to wake up

Chinks don't care about the film one bit, it made more money in Germany alone than China.

Kek the BR2049 incels are getting scared, the poll reflects the truth, even if there are more posts defending this piece of shit movie

2049 is Reddit incarnate

How does the score have more soul?

t. phoneposting tourists, go back