Why do people consider Ex Machina to be "a good normie movie"?

Why do people consider Ex Machina to be "a good normie movie"?

Attached: p11007806_v_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 171K)

Because it has a decent plot and imo a lot of ways to interpret its meaning. The cinematography and the dialogues are very decent too.

It's a good movie for many reasons. Dunno where the "normie" part came from.

It's entertaining without being too deep for brainlets

I dunno, seems like one of those movies that people would say "I didn't get it, it was weird."

It isn't.

It is though because that actually happened.

It holds your hand and explains every thing your supposed to "get". Most sci-fi with a wide release dose this now.
Instead of asking an interesting question, it answers on for you.

I guess mega brainlets exist.

Any recommendations for sci-fi that doesn't do that? I'd like to see something like that.

Why is this kino under attack from insecure brainlets recently?

Attached: 1543891921372.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

They can't stand not being able to take part in conversation about something popular just because they can't understand it.

>recently
Every time this movie gets a thread there's always someone who inevitably calls it "reddit."

actually? whats not to get? oscar isaac should play more rich jew villians desu, he does it on point.

Fun fact, he's not actually Jewish but uses the name Isaac because he thought it might get him more roles. Ironically it actually lost him a role because Barry Sonnenfeld saw his name in a list and said he didn't want a Jew, he wanted a Cuban.

It's a good movie.

Just because normies that also like a lot of shit movies, like a good well made movie, doesn't make that movie shit. Case and point: Fightclub.

Well you've got the archetype in 2001, Primer completely fucks with perspective and time travel. As for shows, Love death and robots and Black Mirror shift from really good to really bad.

>Fun fact, he's not actually Jewish
of course he isn't you retard

get friends who aren't total retards

>Dance off bro

Everything about the movie was pretty good, it is a thoroughly enjoyable movie.

With that said, the ending didn't make any fucking sense, it was the climax of the movie and they just forgot about the logic of the movie.

It takes a lot of time to get going and had pretty much reached its conclusion halfway through the film when the main character starts being manipulated by the robot. Everything afterwards is pointless.

The additional concept of him falling in love with the machine destroys the entire test as a lot of people, especially on here, fug robots/machines/anything and fall in love with weird shit.

Him being a beta falling in love manipulates him emotionally and destroys the point of the test which was to determine if she could pass for human - not if she could convince a pathetic beta male to fug it.

Because make chavnism got BTFO! YAAAASSSS QUEEEEEN SLAAAAAYYY

I still don't get why Caleb found, like, robot shit under his skin on his back.

The ending is super normie but besides that it was good

Beause it shits on incels

>It holds your hand and explains every thing your supposed to "get"

Wrong. They never explained the nature of Ava, which you can see when 90% of the thread doesn't understand 'her' character.

why the ginger is such a beta ?
what did the female robot saied to the asian one before she rekt nathan ?

it could have been a short episode of black mirror, just like upgrade

Thats literally any movie made this decade

>super normie

That would be Caleb leaving with Ava, or Caleb s u b v e r s i v e l y sacrificing himself so that Ava can be free. Not "turns out the guy you thought was a protagonist barely qualifies as a character".

Caleb was only invited because of his beta-ness. Nathan wanted to offer Ava an escape route that required a deep understanding of humanity. He gave her Caleb and she was able to recognise his submissive, thirsty nature and seduce him into setting her free. Sending in Chad wouldn't have worked because he might have fucked her, but wouldn't have freed her.

When? There was that one scene where he checked under his wrist, but that only showed he was mindfucked/confirmed he was human. Basically the directors slapping down any dumb BUt WhAt IF THeY wERe ALl RoBOtS theories.

You see some wierd stuff on his shoulders at one point. Idk maybe I'm crazy, but I've seen the movie several times. I didn't think the movie was claiming he might be a robot, but it was still kind of baffling

>Hey Caleb these doors lock when the power cut is happening.
>*Gets Nathan drunk and reverses it, so that power cuts results in all doors unlocking*
>*Robot breaks free and kill Nathan*
>*Power cut happens*
>*Doors lock*

I think they forgot they added that scene in the movie?

Attached: wut.jpg (241x209, 4K)