Is this reddit?

Is this reddit?

Attached: alejandro_jodorowsky_holy_mountain_black_alchemist_fusion.jpg (716x362, 92K)

yes

You are excrement.

I love Jodo so much

he is such a precious soul and artist.

Attached: 13POSSESSED-popup.jpg (333x500, 29K)

>visually stimulating, outright ironic, and convoluted enough for pseudos to pretend they know something you don’t
Yes. A thousand times yes. Still love stuff like this when I get really high, all the scenes run together like a dream.

No this is Patrick

No it's Yea Forums I can see how you'd mistake them though

Fuck that, reddit has to be essentially vapid but pretty on the surface with simple emotional pleading.

Reddit taste is female- no women like Holy Mountain. Just because something is artistic doesn't mean its reddit.

Real men love art and passion. Jodorowsky is crazy passion. Reddit loves ready player one.

Reddit loves fast food movies.

Also important to remember in the coming war, reddit will love some kino. Dont abandon everything just because some fag got a few things right.

>he trained his son like a Metabaron for years to film his Dune
Such a waste we'll never see Brontis doing action.

Yes.

COPE

Haha fuck society violence is funny haha do drugs zoom out camera guy lol

nice reddo spacing reddo friend

I still don't know how they filmed the guy being lifted up the tower

I don't understand why this film in particular is often complained about as pretentious or too artsy. It's not even in like the top 1000 most pretentious or impenetrable arthouse films.

It's anti-reddit. Jodo has no meme labels.

Jodo is quintessentially reddit

Reddit hates him. They're crazy about Villeneuve's Dune instead calling Jodo's "a total nonsense". Lurk moar

Anybody who has read Dune can clearly see that Jodo's ideas were absolute garbage

>a diet cope please
its reddit core

cant imagine this not watching this high out of my mind. Back when I used to smoke an eighth a day I used to put this movie on or el Topo towards the end of the night and just zone the fuck out until I fell asleep. as someone said ITT the scenes just run together like a dream

Yeah, perhaps. But still not reddit.
You got any proof, doc? Because all the reddit movie corners I've seen favor Hollywood nonsense.

Of course, everything I don't like is reddit DUH

Attached: jodosophy.png (929x567, 579K)

yes

I didn't get it at all, I know it has a lot of occult symbolism and I don't really know much about that.

>Gets bullied in elementary school for being the rich kid
>This is the entire base for his life's work

EL o EL

For me, it's El Topo

Sounds pretty good to me if such shitty events turned him into a cool filmmaker. Turning shit into gold.

Yea Forums hates Jodo because he is the superior surrealist director to Yea Forums beloved David Lynch, who is 100% reddit approved

>shitty events
found the rich kid

Jodorowsky raped a bitch for El Topo, he's far from reddit tier since those faggots hate that kinda stuff

>son of a rapist
>is a rapist
tadaa!

FUCK DAVID LYNCH

lmao based jodo

this

only reddit thinks the lynch Dune wasn't a masterpiece

the kind of person who likes jodorowsky probably thinks that holy motors is hella f*cking epic

Yes it’s not very good, but it’s really just a troll and possibly an attempt to scam money out of celebrities like John Lennon. The later generation of ‘surrealists’ never understood true surrealism. Jodo and Lynch could never match that gentle warm infinity core that Bunuels films harness. People make the mistake that Bunuel was some angry, bitter filmmaker and they try to ape it and the end result is just pathetic. Bunuel was in reality a very soft and sensitive person, most surrealists are just gross and inhuman, they have nothing worth offering.

>The later generation of ‘surrealists’ never understood true surrealism.
Jodo's entire idea was that surrealism had become too sanitized which is why the Panic movement was so edgy and over the top.

no this is Patrick

Doesn't matter her to me, still in my Top 3 favorite films

> an attempt to scam money out of celebrities like John Lennon
Lennon voluntarily offered money to Jodo, you retard. And for a single film.
>People make the mistake that Bunuel was some angry, bitter filmmaker
Literally no one says this.
>Jodo and Lynch could never match that gentle warm infinity core that Bunuels films harness.
The Dance of Reality disagrees. The Straight Story disagrees.

No, the movie literally begins with child nudity and was made with hardcore drug use. It is the most un-reddit thing in existence.

Well truth to be told even the original surrealists were sort of phonies, so by the time the Jim Morrison type of stuff came around it just reached a whole new level or ridiculousness. Now we have the sort of wacky and lucid rap music videos made in the same tradition, it’s very juvenile. That’s why Bunuel still holds up, by the end of his life he wanted to prank and shock all of his atheists friends by having a priest come and give him his last rites on his deathbed. Most people thought Bunuel turned on surrealism in ‘69 with The Milky Way, they actually accused him of making propaganda funded by the Vatican. And Fernando Rey’s character in Tristana goes from hating all clergy and priests, to playing poker with friars at the end of the film, which of course is a mirror of Bunuels own life trajectory

This movie seems like absolute unbridled dogshit. Should I give it a try?

Name 10 things that aren't reddit.

Sure. You never know. You might end up liking it regardless.

If things look overly:
>sterile
>clinical
>bereft
>white (motif)
>wide empty shot
>tepid
>a feeling like lukewarm chalky water

Then yes, it's reddit.

Pretty much everything that doesn't revolve around some shitty website that you guys obsess over for some bizarre reason.

>creating posts with indenting is suddenly ready
It’s to emphasize a point, you massive fucking retard. You’d understand basic writing skills f your weren’t an ESL nigger

So nothing isn't reddit.

None of those things describe this movie.

>The Dance of Reality disagrees. The Straight Story disagrees.
You know it’s funny you say this considering the only Lynch I’ve seen is Eraserhead and the only Jodo I’ve seen is The Holy Mountain. And I disliked An Andalusian Dog but love Bunuels later work. So maybe these will be good, I’ll check them out.

It certainly describes OP's scene choice. Cope more

Ya true, good point. Guess i'll download it.

Like how you obsess over Yea Forums, fucking dipshit? Reddit is better than Yea Forums in all cases except for genuine discussion and arguments.

The Triumph of the Will
The Eternal Jew
F&F series.

It’s all about hermeneutics. You most likely agree with Reddit hermeneutics, you know exactly what I mean when I say that. But on here these sets of interpretations must be attacked constantly at 100% like you’re fighting in a war, because reddit hermeneutics is so mainstream and vacuous it spreads like a plague

"reddit" is the new "newfag" or "summerfag"

it always was, and you're all three

It's pretty funny. Just take it for what it's worth, people only get butthurt at pseuds pretending this is some incredibly deep artistic stuff, when it's just Jodorowsky trolling his ass off and having a giggle.
He even says so at the end.

youve been had

tell me more about the drug use?

sounds like something a redditor would say

This.
Picture related

Attached: fried-green-tomatoes-movie-poster-1991-1020199618.jpg (520x798, 54K)

>tfw no one found out what happened to Mara Lorenzo
;_;

Attached: Best Mara.jpg (1456x1080, 122K)

it's not even a movie, it feels like a bunch of skits thrown together, there's really nothing to watch

Thank God this burned out hack didn't get to ruin Dune.

Attached: AUTUMNAL CAT.jpg (500x611, 26K)

Attached: 1515456.png (645x729, 56K)

go to bed jodo you fucking suck

Holy Mountain is literally "just bee urself" and "have sex"

holy fucking this.
i watched the documentary and its just shit idea after shit idea.
nigger even wanted pink floyd for the soundtrack lmao.

Attached: 1558035431198.jpg (840x828, 59K)

No
It's not popular nor does it have whedon style quips

>in the coming war
You have to be at least 18 to post here, brayden

People regularly accused Bunuel of being an angry ‘hate’ director. Bunuel writes about it in his book, it deeply upset him.

His personality has nothing to do with his works. Artist =/= art

Poppycock

It would have been an absolute train wreck of a film but it would have been an interesting watch for sure. As a huge Alien fan Im glad it was attempted and my favorite movie was born from the ashes.

It's true, though. Woody Allen and Roman Polanksi have made good movies despite being accused of bad shit.

>even wanted pink floyd for the soundtrack lmao
and that's a good thing.

seething incel

Going to smoke a big old doint and watch this. What am I in for?

trippy stuff

That’s another thing entirely. If you really like a film and want to know more about it, you read about the director.

IT IS EXCREMENT

Yeah, but that doesn't affect the quality of the films, unless you're a SJW from twitter or plebbit.

yes

ppl shitting in a bowl, a load of frogs being massacred, symbolism, nice colours .... yup that was my take-away and I'm a certified brainlet ... which way to reddit?

based

Sometimes it can take away from the film if you find out the directors reddit.