Now that the dust has settled, have they ever been right?

Now that the dust has settled, have they ever been right?

Attached: Half-in-the-Bag-Episode-104-The-2016-Oscars.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AvsiJppCdmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yea

politically they are left of centre, classical liberals

Yes. And they're the best channel on YouTube.

that last half in the bag was the most boring dialed in crap ever.

Mike was clearly a Republican

The Last Jedi broke Red Letter Media.

Mike Stoklasa has become a parody of himself. He’s become the very same brand of person he openly mocked in his Avatar Plinkett review: a braindead viewer of corporate mediocrity.

A mediocrity that he has now become acquainted with and feels awkward openly criticizing. He dances around The Last Jedi’s various flaws but never twists the knife as much as it should be twisted, the pinnacle of his “criticisms” being that the director used the wrong brand of Yoda. He gets the biggest pass out of the trio because it’s assumed he will delve deeper with his Plinkett reviews, the alter ego that peaked with the Indiana Jones video essay, and is now being used as a vehicle for petty frustrations rather than pointing out genuine narrative flaws.

Jay Bauman is a glorified blogger trying to solidify his position into what he believes is the right side of history. He doubles down on his approval of The Force Awakens in order to save face for Red Letter Media’s mistake of praising the bad movie, and demeaning the good one (Rogue One).

Rich Evans is as passive as he’s ever been. He’s usually not afraid to delve into the misdeeds of a film but here he appears to be the most broken, his signature laugh now resembling a cry for help made by a broken man now disillusioned with the Hollywood he thought he knew. He regurgitates the same opinions made by his peers, his inner frustrations almost coming into life during various parts of the review but ultimately becoming diminished by his broken spirit.

So what’s next for Red Letter Media? Will they ever find their ferocious appetite for films again? Or have they accepted the plight of Hollywood, and won’t attempt to bring down this facade of fake-praise? All we can do is wait, and pray for a new dawn for our boys; a new hope, if you will.

They were right about Max Landis!

they are single-handily responsible for the sequels being so shitty in star wars because they thought they were being so clever by shitting on the prequels so much that disney/jj over-corrected

not that the prequels were good, i'm not some meme ironic defender but they were just movies that missed their mark. and these asshats acted like it aborted their babies or some shit and made a huge deal out of tapping a well that had long run dry but somehow everybody thought it was "omg great critique! i too am a film critic now and yes the prequels do suck, such a brand new take wow"

gimmick critics are shit. have always been shit. will always be shit

I do agree with this, even though I usually love 95% of their videos. You’d expect their review of the Child’s Play remake to at least have some interesting commentary.

Remember how Half in the Bag got derailed for an entire year with that stupid marriage plot because for some reason Mike really, really, REALLY wanted Max Landis to play the preacher, but Max kept delaying, and then the first wave of allegations came out, so Jack played the preacher instead? I just don't get it. What did Mike think was so great about Max that he was willing derail his show for just for the chance to have Max play a stupid bit part and have Mike kiss his ass again?

So I guess the reason that we don't get skits on Half in the Bag anymore is because Mike is too depressed from being burned by his asshole boyfriend Max.

They shouldn't film on days where mike has his head in the clouds

It’s not even noon and you faggots have already made 4 fucking RLM threads. Seek help.

Historical "classical liberals" are literal Nazis by the current standards, both liberal and conservative.

>He doubles down on his approval of The Force Awakens in order to save face for Red Letter Media’s mistake of praising the bad movie, and demeaning the good one (Rogue One).
this is exactly why I stopped watching them
>TFA comes out
>it's boring, derivative, and unoriginal
>oh man those RLM guys are gonna tear it apart
>"I liked it. The storytelling worked. It made sense to play it safe at first."
>Rogue One comes out
>holy shit this feels like a real star wars movie: adventure, intrigue, strong motivations... actually a fantastic choice to kill everyone off in the end so it can be its own standalone entity without being raped by corporate greed
>"waaaa we didn't like it"

>yea
that isn't pronounced how you think it is

Every soiwars is bad, especially 2 and 3. The first one is just regular bad

You obviously don't know about Mike calling Tina Fey a liberal cunt and making fun of Obama in YouTube comments. Mike is based.

>it's not even noon and you've already been on Yea Forums(nel) all day
seek help, take a shower.

to be fair, Rogue One hit the mark almost flawlessly, and its production staff should have been immediately put in charge of TLJ

>he was willing derail his show
I mean, it didn't really derail anything though.

>ust for the chance to have Max play a stupid bit part and have Mike kiss his ass
DESU Max seems like a pretty fun guy to hang out with. As long as you're not a woman, anyway.

Do you always get this butthurt when your opinion isn’t validated?

my opinion was validated by every sane person who saw the movie
I was upset because these hacks sold out
let me guess: you cheered for the Millennium Falcon

i don't disagree that the totalitarian left has taken the lens of their intersectionality and tarred everyone who disagrees, with the same brush

but i don't think they dictate the 'current standards' half as much as they pretend to, nor anywhere near as much as they'd like

soon though

and come the glorious revolution we'll all be off to the re-education camps

>reddit spacing
Just write fucking normally, christ almighty you're like an underage twitter nigger.

>rlm sold out by giving a movie a bad review
You’re retarded

>they are single-handily responsible for the sequels being so shitty in star wars
get fucked

have yikes

Mike has such terrible opinions and Jay is so one note, why do you guys ride their dicks so much.

>to be fair, Rogue One hit the mark almost flawlessly
>coping this bad

no, they sold out by giving a bad movie a good review
what was your reading comprehension score on the SAT/ACT?

R1 was pretty decent, it would've been even better if kennedy didn't lock edwards out of the editing room and reshoot the damn thing

production staff being brought aboard TLJ, doesn't mean anything when you have a hack like rian as the writer, and he loved RLM guys, probably was some dude who was sharing their TPM video to his friends "omg guys you have to check these guys out, they're amazing, lucas gets owned!"

Yeah the people that actually wrote, directed, and produced the movie are not responsible at all. That multi-billion dollar company bowed to the will of a small youtuber.

tell me watching it didn't inspire the same feelings as A New Hope

>they sold out by giving an opinion that didn’t match my own

Bro the original trilogy sucked ass

They put off Neil Breen for two years hoping serial rapist Max Landis would come back. At least he made the Caulkin introductions.

>I was upset because these hacks sold out
how

>He regurgitates the same opinions made by his peers, his inner frustrations almost coming into life during various parts of the review but ultimately becoming diminished by his broken spirit.

Confirmed for not watching RLM.

Out of everyone Rich disagrees with the group the most. Rich didn't like TFA nearly as much as Mike, and Jay was in the middle. Rich and Jay were especially out-of-sync with both Rogue One and Solo. Jay having a somewhat positive view of Rogue One, and being totally bored by Solo. Rich and Mike were the ones really disappointed by Rogue One because it was the epitome of /Thing You Know/ Star Wars.

They definitely gave TFA a pass, but one that was deserved for the first film returning to the franchise. The problem with Rogue One is that they turned the references and recycled plots up to 11. If you looked past the Disney's© StarWars™ veneer, there was very little actually going on in Rogue One. Everything after TFA should have been new territory; exciting explorations of this established universe... instead we got TLJ. The film really tried to explore new territory, but it did a face plant and then blamed the portion of the audience for not liking it.

My biggest complaints about Rogue One are:
>fucking vader scene
>too much cgi tarken
>unnecessary battle scene
It had their "le stronk wymyn" character who actually felt real and not forced. She had major flaws, but was able to overcome them like any well written hero. To me it evoked similar experiences as some of the better comics or video games. It was a solid star wars property that somehow got shit on by people who think purple haired idiots hyperspacing into a pursuing fleet is good writing.

>Jay having a somewhat positive view of Rogue One, and being totally bored by Solo.
checks out

no, they gave an objectively bad movie a good review
why are you even here?
by praising a shitty corporate hack job

na?

Maybe he truly meant yea instead of yeah

>They definitely gave TFA a pass, but one that was deserved for the first film returning to the franchise.
This is why I'm not intimidated by you faggots in Yea Forums and let myself think you're somehow more well versed in judging how good movies are than I am. You don't actually have good opinions or anything based on something objective

>objectively bad movie
Oh now I see why you’re so butthurt. You’re legitimately retarded

I don't watch their shit cause its shit but clips I've seen in other star wars reviews didn't make it seem like they were "praising" this movie. They kept making fun of it.

to tell you your opinions are wrong
basically this

>good one (Rogue One)

Attached: 1543346799369.gif (363x512, 1.61M)

>You don't actually have good opinions or anything based on something objective
Opinions of movies can't be based on something objective you fucking clown.

Attached: 1c5152795f0223db117b81db8a908c00.jpg (736x653, 71K)

You should really watch Hackfraudmedia's reviews of these movies. He pulls no punches with how dumb they are.

I pay little heed to what Jay says. He loves horror movies and aggressively defends Rey as not being a Mary Sue despite all the evidence to the contrary. TFA sucks and I don't know if they deny this because they wanted Star Wars or Disney cut them a check.

can you name one (1) flaw Rae has?

>being this retarded

Yes? Say what you want but Rogue One is objectively better than the other three.

Jay is getting fat again.

Attached: 56786.jpg (114x161, 8K)

>Will they ever find their ferocious appetite for films again?
LMAO
M
A
O

Attached: 02D7099E-0597-44DC-8C89-4B082760D1B5.jpg (1936x1936, 234K)

Go watch a review for a movie called "After Last Season". That entire review is over objective aspects of the films production.

Doesn't mean it's any good.

youtube.com/watch?v=AvsiJppCdmk
they gave it the same treatment they give all the capeshit:
>it was executed very well
>no mistakes
>played it safe, but it works
>yeah I'd recommend it

Then what about it was bad?

>aggressively defends Rey
By mentioning that he liked the performance literally once? And also making fun of faggots like you that are literally obsessed with calling her a Mary Sue? Again something he has only done once. There nothing g aggressive about it but the fact that you are so butthurt about a random off hand comment from him says a lot about you.

easily the best since RoTJ

>getting fat
Are you the one who has been saying this for literally years? You have to be the same one who keeps reposting Jays twitter comment about Three Billboards because I can’t believe there would be more than one person here this obsessed with him.

cope

>someone defending Rey as not a mary sue
link me

it's not only reddit spacing, it's also most probably phoneposting. it looks like paragraphs to them, but is just squished on their tiny little screen

What's wrong with ROTS?

You got some proof of this?

Everything

I wish all the guys hired some kind of fitness coach and nutritionist. Rich and Mike need to get super fit so they can make movie reviews forever.

Jay will eventually go on to direct low budget horror films.

>Disney cut them a check
they give marvel popcorn glorious reviews all the time, what do you think? payed by a corporation or just shit taste? you see it in their reviews, they won't review obscure or unpopular stuff anymore, because it won't give them clicks.

'cause star wars is entirely nostalgia driven. except with me, i saw the original trilogy at ten years old before phantom menace came out. it sucked.

Very good argument, reddit

How much did Disney pay them to shit all over Rogue One, not even bother seeing Ant Man and the Wasp, say Endgame was worse than Infinity War and just kind of ok, and make fun of Brie Larson and day Captain marvel was boring and not recommend it?

This. They even both recommended Thor: The Dark World for fuck’s sake. Any quipshit Disney shits out they eagerly scarf down opening weekend and give a thumbs up

>they won't review obscure or unpopular stuff anymore
>Under the Silver Lake
>Paddleton
>The Clovehitch Killer
>A Ghost Story
>Suspiria remake

I think they know that marvel fans are going to like whatever marvel throws at them, and recommend them for that purpose. All you fucking Reddit faggots who say "they always recommend Marvel movies." If you watched RLM from the begining you would know that they basically always "recommend" every movie whether they think it was shit or not. That is because they know that for every turd, there is a dumbass who is gonna like it and if you think you are that dumbass you are probably right.

>If you watched RLM from the begining you would know that they basically always "recommend" every movie whether they think it was shit or not
We are reaching levels of COPE that shouldn’t even be possible...

Attached: C2E8700E-20DE-41DF-A03D-6A39F447AE95.jpg (629x592, 140K)

Newfag.

Attached: 1553298747167.jpg (570x587, 43K)

>Defends Reddit Letter Media shilling every Disney capeshit without exception
>Calls people “Reddit faggots”
JUST

Shallow characters that relied on tropes to attempt to be interesting.
>blind ninja man
>strong independent female
>dutiful soldier man
If there were other characters I can't remember them because they were so boring.

Overall uninteresting story.
>we must go to this planet
>"ok"
>help us to to this planet
>"ok"
>we are now on this planet
>..."ok"
Repeat until movie ends.

The worst thing about the movie was the story and the characters. StarWars™ references and callbacks weren't all that bad by themselves, but taken as a whole it's clear they were trying to fill the gaps in really poor story-telling.

Fucking learn to read faggot. My entire point was that they recommend every movie and not just disney capeshit. There are probably like 5 reviews in however many 100+ reviews they have done where they have actually said "no, don't watch this there is literally no one who will like it." They always recommend marvel because they know that however bad it is, the marvel fans are gonna fucking like it, hence the movie is "good" for someone.

I had no sympathy for any of the characters whatsoever

>They always recommend marvel because they know that however bad it is, the marvel fans are gonna fucking like it, hence the movie is "good"
Tears of laughter are streaming down my face as I type this
THIS is what Reddit Litter Fags tell themselves about their e-friends shit taste^ I’ve screenshotted your posts and will be spamming them in RLM threads for the foreseeable future

Attached: 39686658-9667-4C5B-9DBC-C300D36E1785.jpg (720x540, 82K)

Not even Obi-Wan?

what was your favorite movie at 10?

>My entire point was that they recommend every movie and not just disney capeshit
This is easily the very worst attempt at damage control that I’ve ever seen

not even Obi-Wan
part of that was the context of knowing this was supposed to match with the original series, in which the character was incongruous

If you think they’ve only said no to five or so movies, there is no way you have watched them.

Still never gotten an explanation for this image. Is Rich really a tranny chaser?

naw man, thats his wife and she probably has a vag

>why ugly man have ugly wife
Because the world is good and just

Is this the new version of the my review of Reddit Letter media" copypasta?

damn I'm so happy I was a 7/10 when i was younger
now that I'm ugly it doesn't matter because I locked down that 7/10 chick early
mike should have done that too - he was actually decent looking when he was younger... now he's just a fat ugly fuck

Only because every post is by user doesn't mean that every user is the same person.

I've also seen posts of him arguing with someone who was against the War of Terror.

Attached: 1366559170227.png (1887x322, 90K)

3 ninjas kick back

How do we save them?

No they aren't.

Attached: 1560216071433.png (497x576, 212K)

By giving them less money on patreon. Less money means less food and beer to buy. And thus they eventually lose weight again.

based

do you just post this in every RLM thread?

You can critique a movie in a more technical and objective aspect, let's say sound design or cinematography, and you can also critique a movie in a more personal and subjective manner, like plot progression, characters, set design, etcetera.

What's wrong with you faggots? "hurr Mike liked this", "durr Jay disliked that". Are you children? Did you know people have different opinions on things, and that film criticism is mostly subjective?

Welcome to Yea Forums

this is as autistic as the harry potter image at this point

So I'm gonna assume you are the only user in this thread who keeps using the word objective. You are using it wrong, if the audio syncing in these movies is off then it is an objective flaw. If the movie is derivative then that is a complaint but not an objective flaw. Hopefully this helps you in not shitting up threads in the future

Why do I think this is real? I mean, this post seems so plausible yet it's probably not true.

The faggots in these threads literally ignore their entire 30-60 minute discussions and just focus on the final recommendation, even ignoring the context in which they give those. Sometimes they’ll even say a movie didn’t work for them but they can understand why others would enjoy it and recommend it on those terms. But none of that matters in these threads because these jealous losers are too busy jerking each other off over who can dislike rlm the most. It’s pathetic.

>my internet friends must have the same opinions that I have!

Fat Jay is best Jay

You people are crazy. Jesus.

they just shouldn't self contradict
they set very specific standards for the content they would recommend and then broke those standards

seek help user

Attached: 1546715955042.png (1158x670, 172K)

Manchild

“Film criticism” typically implies an interest in cinema that goes beyond fellating every Marvel movie opening weekend while entirely ignoring serious films, my good tweenager

Attached: 8087282B-1687-4A18-B32B-4ABA1C1784E9.jpg (1020x574, 76K)

What I really don't get is the anger. Some RLM haters are really angry. I can't understand being angry about some reviewer on the internet saying a movie is bad or a movie is good.
Imagine talking to these people in real life.

You have been spamming the same images in every RLM thread you are in. Stop being an autist.

Movies aren’t a science. Just because something works in one movie doesn’t mean it will work putting that exact same element in a different movie in a different context

>a tonal nightmare

Attached: 220px-Escape_From_Tomorrow_poster.jpg (220x311, 13K)

They’re jealous that RLM have friends and make their living shit talking about movies while they themselves have no friends and shit talk movies on Yea Forums for free

That was a fun kind of tonal nightmare, though.

>tfw no chubby manlet bf to watch kino with

Attached: 1493004178480.gif (360x270, 2.27M)

But Three Billboards is trash.

Imagine being such a socially isolated shut-in that you think saying someone you’ve never met ‘has no friends’ is a plausible, biting insult all while defending an idiotic friend simulator made for lonely ugly Redditors who only watch Disney-brand capeshit...
The absolute state of RLMental Midgets. Lmao

Attached: 306B6D6F-AB0D-4FE9-929D-87DC569A65DB.jpg (1125x1460, 917K)

What’s the last movie you watched that didn’t have a Funko line tie-in?
Be honest

You do know they review movies that are not from disney or marvel right?

You have zero room to talk loser. Continue having RLM live in your head rent free, while you obsessively post about them. Three Billboards sucked btw.

You are some kind of potato-sperg, eh?

That ending of In Bruges where Rafe kills himself is so hilariously retarded. Can't believe I heard how kino that shallow flick was for ten years.

Imagine typing an embarrassing post full of buzzwords and zoomer memes.

Occasionally they’ll throw in some straight to Netflix shit, that’s true

>He doesn’t deny it
Bullseye

Attached: 5245CD81-C510-4599-98A6-6E2C61FBA5AF.jpg (611x2171, 859K)

>tfw no straight acting closet case who is so deep in the closet that I will never have to deal with his dysfunctional family

Attached: 2e0vhvgf1vz.gif (200x200, 593K)

You are one annoying phoneposter I'll give you that.

I understand Jay. He's not gay but fucking women takes too much effort.

Thanks kid. When you get a big boy job, remember to not use the firm computers to own underage Reddit capeshitters and get paid for it

I’m sure you didn’t intend for this post to be as embarrassing as it is.

Do you think they've seen the sopranos?

>not gay but fucking women takes too much effort
Imagine being this deep in the closet.

they´re too plebs to understand The Sopranos, i heard mike really liked breaking bad so there you go

You tried

Attached: 6AAB38BE-D9EE-41AC-86D1-1A2ADC9F65E8.jpg (458x960, 38K)

They made it through the first episode, got flummoxed when there was no post-credits scene, and wrote it off as a tonal nightmare

Attached: A0F88627-6747-4639-A827-405CE57157EF.png (560x628, 592K)

I already have a big boy job and I'm currently posting using the firm computer. I'm actually in a meeting right now and people have no idea I'm currently shitting on some stupid phoneposter on Yea Forums.

Maybe hes asexual.

He never gives up. Congratulations friend, your sheer will is admirable.

>Typing on Yea Forums on the company network during firm meetings to try to white knight fat manchildren who make a living shilling Disney capeshit
Never going to make partner, buddy

Attached: C264CF2F-C884-46F2-AE43-9B349FB24968.jpg (1703x2048, 587K)

They're still probably the best movie reviewers on Youtube. For all the good and bad that means. I partially blame them for making it nearly impossible to actually discuss the prequels on line for nearly a decade but that's more their stupid sheep fanbases fault.

I know I won't, but that's life. At least I have a decent enough salary.

It didn't.

They both hated Captain Marvel

I'm actually using it right the one time I've said it in this thread. Bad lighting is objective. Incoherent plot is objective. Poor pacing is objective.
> If the movie is derivative then that is a complaint but not an objective flaw.
So what are you like mixing someone else's post with mine and responding to both here? Maybe actually read the post I'm quoting before replying next time.

Attached: 51835764_2218500831750820_3318356604075638784_n.jpg (768x960, 63K)

>durrr Jay is smart enough to keep his private life off the internet so that can only mean he’s gay or asexual.
Some of you are too stupid to live.

I thought this too. I actually watched the entire review (being the first one I've seen) and yeah as much as it "seemed" like they were talking positively about the movie, the context of these jokes they made the entire time was that the movie sucked.

but didnt they still recommend it

Calm down user, we're just speculating like little girls gossiping.

Yes I know you are. The statement stands.

I know you are but what am I?

Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London

>doesn't get that he keeps his private life off the internet because he doesn't have a private life
He's the gay man equivalent of a cat lady.