What do you think about Equilibrium's approach on society?

What do you think about Equilibrium's approach on society?
Would you get rid of sadness, hate and anger at the cost of happiness?
Would a existence like that be worth living?

Attached: c91d1510133bca91bb3dbf167d3efa48.jpg (680x1023, 48K)

>Would you get rid of sadness, hate and anger at the cost of happiness?
What happiness? Sounds like a sweet deal.

It's a valid way to preserve peace

>Would a existence like that be worth living?
You wouldn't be capable of thinking otherwise as long as you were taking your Prozium

Attached: christian bale equilibrium-2.webm (562x240, 2.84M)

>Would you get rid of sadness, hate and anger at the cost of happiness?
not without incident

Dildo mags?

I think it could work to some extent, not depriving yourself from every feeling but keeping you under controlled ignorance.
Think about when you were a kid, the world wasn't much less of a shithole, you just weren't aware of it.

Feelings, emotions, and introspection are what defines humanity and separates us from beasts that operate on instinct and machines that operate on pure unfeeling rationality. I wouldn’t agree with such a plan.

But what about something like this The quote 'Ignorance is strenght' makes more sense by the day to me.

If your only end goal is to eliminate suffering then yeah, it’d be a good idea, the same way that plugging all of us into the matrix is a good idea

The elites didn't take the emotion suppression drugs.

they were living in a society

You need the bad to appreciate the good. No, I wouldn't want to live like some emotionless automaton.

You need the bad to appreciate the good.

Well, according to Stoicism, considering something as good or bad is the source of all unhappiness.

>ARE YOU PLAYING WITH ME, CLERIC?
What did Vice Consul mean by displaying anger in front of random goons and a suspected criminal? Not to mention the statue of a man holding the globe in the same room.

Attached: IMG_20190625_164919.jpg (1920x820, 122K)

Stoics wouldn’t agree with Equilibrium’s society either because it removes their ability to introspect

>Well, according to Stoicism, considering something as good or bad is the source of all unhappiness.
Citation needed

>Reason then, is the arbiter of what is good and bad, and reason holds cheap whatever is external and not its own. Those things which are neither good nor bad are in its judgement very small and trivial additions; for as far as reason is concerned, every good is in the mind. – Letters to Lucilius 66.35

Stoicism is faggot shit where people attempt to supress and deny their humanity

Real man's way is embracing and using his emotions as fuel. Coming to terms with them, understanding them, yet not letting them control him. Not merely pretending such emotions dont exist

>Real man's way is embracing and using his emotions as fuel. Coming to terms with them, understanding them, yet not letting them control him.

So, Stoicism?

That doesn't support your statement.

Equilibrium wouldn’t let people embrace and control their emotions though because they might as well not have emotions.

Oh, I'm not denying that.

I'm just saying that the main pillar of Stoicism is controlling yourself, controlling your mind, as it thinks it is the only thing you have a chance to actually control.