Okay where is part 4, so I can finish this series

Okay where is part 4, so I can finish this series

Attached: azXvGGZ_460s.jpg (460x399, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rHIvs0Q-uKI
youtube.com/watch?v=-xezMJ2s50E
wiki.evageeks.org/Moon
wiki.evageeks.org/Black_Moon
wiki.evageeks.org/White_Moon
wiki.evageeks.org/First_Impact
wiki.evageeks.org/Adam
evangelion.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Moon
evangelion.fandom.com/wiki/Lilith
evangelion.fandom.com/wiki/First_Ancestral_Race
archive.is/zjMuN
youtube.com/watch?v=mdU8dyjgXU0
aliseo.com/en/translation/translation-topics/too-literal-translation.php
youtube.com/watch?v=XxuBvqrv95g
youtube.com/watch?v=7FoaL7s6HqQ
youtu.be/ueUeMFbGq9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rebuild is fucking atrocious but the series is actually an interesting commentary
youtube.com/watch?v=rHIvs0Q-uKI
Basically the concept is giving otakus exactly what they wanted and make them see how awful it is
Maybe the last movie will drop some interesting commentary. I for one will watch it despite how god awful the last movie was

Why the fuck did people hate Rebuild 3.33? It was fucking kino

kill yourself

Because it was shallow

Literally hopefully never

How about you explain why you hate it, Yea Forumsnigger
This is Yea Forums, we have taste here. The rebuilds aren't meant to be a 1080p version of the original series

>it’s shit on purpose
Laziest excuse ever

How was it shallow? It was the EoE of Rebuild

did you watch the video (which was not produced by Anno btw)?

Atrocious character development
Stupid ideas that feel out of place in Eva
The deeper more complicated aspects of the plot are much more shallow and in your face
The visuals are too clean and sterile, doesn't even feel like Evangelion
The new characters are atrocious

I didn't even hate it, but rewatching End of Eva yesterday really made me realize it has no place in the franchise. If you want what part 1&2 does but better, read the manga.

EoE is built entirely on it's character development which Rebuilds just don't have. There isn't a single character that even comes close to representing even a sliver of their original depth.
The only thing rebuild 3 has in common with EoE is that it's visually spectacular. It has none of the original stakes

>read the manga

Attached: 1449450959873.jpg (500x388, 89K)

Yea Forumsnigger if i post a thread on Yea Forums asking for anime reccomends similar to dark souls will I get banned? asking for a frend

No he's right. The manga is absolutely kino. It's basically what the rebuilds try to do but better

Attached: f086587a7d708c9f8273af05ed1a3d43.jpg (1750x2480, 720K)

>activate giant cat mode somehow
>also eva has uchu senkan yamato now just because fuck you
i still liked it and bought it on br

But the manga is great you fucking pleb. Miles better than the rebuilds

It's happening next year.
There was a press release today that Khara will kick off promotion for the movie next month.
July 6th they are doing a simultaneous screening events at cinemas across Japan and IIRC some other countries to show the opening 10 minutes and 40 seconds of the movie to fans and the press.

It was quite literally The Last Jedi of Evangelion. Subverting expectations.
I enjoyed the Shinji/Kaworu bonding, though honestly I never feel the need to watch it over now I've seen it.
2.22 is the real kino, as it mixed stuff up and what they changed in that was amazing.

My expectation for it are below zero and I just want it to come out so I can get it over with and have some closure. What the FUCK is Anno doing?

I just want this series finished so Anno can make another live action movie. Maybe something like ultraman

Attached: eva40preview.webm (640x360, 2.68M)

> some closure
Eva ended in 1997 user.

n-no
rebuilds is all connected
you'll see
anno has something great planned I'm sure
that's why the tape player is stuck on 26-27 now instead of 25-26
there is no other explanation
you'll all see

Gayest shit I've ever seen. Capeshit

>soulless

god this is so fucking retarded

the original series had maybe one action scene every 2 episodes

>make Shinji a tranny in the new dub
>but also make him not gay anymore
I'm confused about Netflixs strategy here

Attached: 10008393893.png (435x579, 272K)

You're misinformed

This probably won't even make it to 3.0+1.0. All the previews from the movies never actually makes it to the next movie.

Awful bait and off-topic rule breaking post

They didn't "get" it.

>rule breaking

Attached: 33175FE6-EB87-49EE-AE42-0FF6782784C2.png (644x800, 198K)

Mari isn't even a character. They were supposed to develop her in 3, then just didn't. Now they're stuck with a literal who in the final chapter.

new dubs shit anyway

she has boobs and glasses, how much character do you need

... SHARINGAN!

I preferred the manga to the anime, until I got to the fucking retarded ending.

It would be better if they didn't add Mari for literally no reason.

This, I even enjoyed how the manga ended, it seemed as good an ending as could have happened, though I do love the Congratulations of the show for what it represented and the Devilman reference in EoE.

You don't need to post shitty camcorder footage webums. The full thing is on Youtube in all its awfulness
youtube.com/watch?v=-xezMJ2s50E

The worst one is the second one.

The first one is redundant yet inoffensive. The second panders too much and has no character. Mari is shit and wasnt neccesary. Also never explained. The evas have too many transformations just to sell toys. The ost is generic as it gets rehashing the ebin orchestras of the first movie barely changing melody and lyrics but structure is similar and extremely generic. The ost doesnt hold a candle to the original ost like I,shinji or Rei II. Hell, it even tries to rehash komm suzer todd...and fails. The ost on these movies is actually shit once you see through the "classical music" fassade.

3.0 tries to be actual "evangelion" with the confusion and hopelessness but fails miserably. Half of the movie is wasted on the piano homo duet and last part has again too much fucking action.

The 3 of thrm are bad for different reasons.

4.0 unless its 6 hours long cannot save this shitshow

So rebuilds just retell the same story with some minor changes?

Honestly not a fan of this endless expanse of Core desert the world is now in the latter half of these movies.
Tokyo-3 seemed so lived in and was a character in of itself with Nerv HQ, this seems too clean-cut and sterile, plus it's bright and vibrant palette-wise, where Eva always had a sense of... despair and glumness around it's backgrounds usually. It made it feel like the Angel attacks were forboding potentially world-ending threats.
Like an user says above me, this looks like noblebright capeshit.

The order of this shit is so confusing

Noone mentioned this thing I noticed with the tape player Shinji has in 3.33, which is at the end of 2.22 when he pulls Rei up and out of the Angel and pulls his arm still holding her hand out back to his entry plug, he pulls forth the tapeplayer instead of her.
That tapeplayer he has in the 3rd film isn't the original he had, it's the one he plucked from the Core. It was broken and Kaworu fixes it, though we never see what he does to do that. His wording is pretty loaded when he explains how he did it too.

The Asuka in space preview did make it to the 3rd movie. It's the post-credits preview scenes that get changed.

>finished my 6th rewatch of original NGE + EoE
>never touched any other NGE material

it was always pretty obvious anything after EoE was just weeb bait cashgrabs. Good for Anno, seems like a win-win for everyone, since the original run & movie are 10/10 and really need no expanding

Attached: 1487517664830.png (1472x1544, 232K)

Because Karl won the Shinjibowl again ten years later

It starts like that with the 1st one, then goes and changes things in 2 a fair bit though it's still the same story, then the 3rd film time-skips and is totally new, though keeps the Kaworu plot.
The after-credits 'next time' scenes at the end of the 2nd film never appear in the 3rd film though can be thought of as snippets that DID occur, though between the 2nd and 3rd movie.

Disgusting

A huge part was because the small preview of 3.0 at the end of 2.0 was way better than the whole 3.33.

Like someone pointed out 3.33 also was the last jedi of rebuild, it killed all possible story arcs that were left open at the end of 2.0 and the only story left and going by the trailers for 3.0+1.0 is a remake of EoE but with less quality with Asuka and Mari doing Asuka's last stand at EoE.

Explain to me where Adam and Lilith came from and what the Angels are. Also where the Lance of Longinus came from. Tell me more on the Dead Sea Scrolls, what are they?
Using just what's in the series and EoE.

It doesn’t matter. Not everything needs to be explained you pleb.

>I didn't even hate it, but rewatching End of Eva yesterday really made me realize it has no place in the franchise. If you want what part 1&2 does but better, read the manga.

This nigger gets it

>t. Daymond Lindeloff, senior writer for LOST and Prometheus.

>it killed all possible story arcs that were left open at the end of 2.0
The changes to 2.0 only expedite the situation everybody is in at the start of Ep 24. There aren't any fundamental changes.
Asuka is hospitalised, Unit 00 is gone, Unit 01 has its Angel-core and is disabled.

The original 3.0 would have just been the same story beats as Episode 24-26 (25 and 26 being EoE), with a touch of 21 for some backstory. Then a the explicit reveal that it's all a cycle, as hinted at by Kawaru in previous installments.

>Main antagonistic force of the show
>Gigantic MacGuffin spear not for human hands
>Religious texts the shadowy human conspiracy follow to bring about their goals
Hurr durr, these things don't need explaining, hurr durr.

Adam, Lilith & the Angels are alien by definition, knowing their origin would lessen their effect in the story.

Lance of Longinus & the Dead Sea Scrolls are a mystery because SEELE wants to keep them classified. That is because while NGE is about the importance of human interactions and relationship in life, even though it will cause pain. The human antagonists mostly battle by suppression & misdirection of information, to symbolize the difficulty of human interaction

so basically, they are not explained because it serves the themes and motifs of the story

They were explained in a Classified document in a vidja using staff notes, though I appreciate that answer, user. I agree with you there.

Lilith and Adam are ancient beings found out by humans it is never stated where they came from.
Adam is found in South Pole with the spear impaled on him shown in images. Angels are created by the 2nd impact and are offspring of Adam.
Lilith is the mother of mankind just like Adam is the father of all angels it is stated on EoE when Misato is spying on Magi.
Dead scrolls are just mentioned and never fully explained.

I literally had the complete OG series on my hardrive for almost a decade and finaally i justd ecided to watch it after all you spergs started spamming these NGE threads.

This is supposed to be some Animu religious experience but so far, after watching 13 episodes i can tell that this is just your generic average Scifi Animu with big mehs with stupid engeenering designs that dont make any sense just like in Mazinger, i can see the plot is going towards the Angels being a human invention just to keep people scared and get military funded programs, just like how the jews invented Isis.

I can see where the plot goes from 10 miles away.

can someone explain 3.33?

what the hell was that 20 sec preview at the end of 2.22 that explained all the buildup to 3.33?

what kind of storytelling is this? and none of this preview stuff gets ever explained or talked about wtf

Completely wrong on the Angels and the series hits the fan and gets greater in the 2nd half as the world falls apart for the main characters.
The first half is fairly generic monster of the week anime, though the human story pushing forward should have shown you there was more to it than that if you gave it the patience to go and watch more.

I just take the 2.22 end-credit preview as snippets that happened between both movies in the timeskip that do help if you had seen the original series to sort of head-canon the things that likely happened in said timeskip.

no and i'm not going to. give me the rundown here. i came here to read text, if i wanted to watch videos then i wouldn't be here

Do I have to watch EoE to understand what just happened in eps 25/26? Going to watch it anyway but I thought the show could work on it's own. Mainly just wondering wtf happened because episode 24 does not tie into 25 at all.
Only watched bonkai77 subs. anyone know how it compares to sephirotic?

they literally say they landed on earth within the black and white moon that crashed into earth

not that user but why is the black moon hanging in the sky in 3.33?

She has no character but as God as my witness she is best girl and makes my penis go codeword: DA BEASTO

EoE shows the lead-up to Human Instrumentality and there is a segment much like the original eps 25-26 in the movie showcasing this, though it is a much more coherent plot that lays things out more clearly.
The end however is different in that it's a downbeat realisation in his place in the world once Shinji takes action like at the end of Ep 26 and makes his way forth from the Instrumentality. I consider the end scene of EoE to be set just after the end of the original Ep 26's final scene timeline-wise.

the black moon is under the ground in 3.0
the white moon appears to have gained an atmosphere in the meantime

Attached: aRS9z2j.jpg (727x768, 157K)

2020 supposedly (plus a 6 month wait for Blu-rays)
We're gonna get the first 10 minutes at Anime Expo

>entire movie's conflict is centered around the "idiot complex" where for the first 20 minutes or so nobody would take 3 minutes out of their day to tell Shinji what the fuck happened and he ended up running away back to his dad and SEELE
I dunno user, it's a fucking mystery.

When?
I know they did, plus we know Adam was discovered in a moon at the antarctic, setting off 2nd Impact and the Nerv HQ is constructed over the moon that Lilith is inside, though I don't think they ever explicitly said anything on the Angels outside they came from Adam.
Of course one can make the logical leap that 2nd Impact flung the Angels out into the world to wake in 2015, though we're only told explicitly that humans are Lilin from Lilith and Angels stem from Adam.

>deeper more complicated aspects of the plot
>Evangelion
honk honk

>1 word undoes all the other gay scenes they were involved in
majority of the people crying about it are shippers and fags with persecution complex. If you are neither of those chances are the change does not change too much for you. I still think it's powerful and justifies shinji's possible confused more than platonic affection.

Are you saying Eva's plot isn't complicated?

wiki.evageeks.org/Moon
wiki.evageeks.org/Black_Moon
wiki.evageeks.org/White_Moon
wiki.evageeks.org/First_Impact
wiki.evageeks.org/Adam
evangelion.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Moon
evangelion.fandom.com/wiki/Lilith
evangelion.fandom.com/wiki/First_Ancestral_Race

They don't. It's not a story about humanity fighting angels. It's a story that just happens to have humanity fighting angels in there.

Here you go, pulled from the archive:
>Can anyone explain to me wtf an angel was again and why were they so evil and so physically deformed from one another?

Angels and humans are beings created by a group of ayyyy lmaos that are basically demi-gods. They created them and seeded the galaxy with them. Humans, who have the Fruit of Wisdom, and Angels, who have the Fruit of Life. That's why we're so smart and they're so powerful and hard to kill.

The problem with Earth is that the powerful ayyyy lmaos never intended for humans and Angels to land on the same planet, because if they should merge and have both Fruits, they would become just as powerful as they are. To prevent this from happening, they sent the eggs with super powerful weapons called Lances (humans have the Black egg, the Geofront, Angels have the White egg, the moon). Anyway, Angels came from Adam and want to touch Lilith and become demi-Gods. If this happens, we die. First Impact was Lilith's egg landing on Earth, Second Impact was when they found Adam in the Antarctic and pulled the Lance from him that was sealing him. This activated the failsafe that made Adam explode, because both Lilith and Adam cannot remain on the same planet.

Anyway, point being Angels want to touch Lilith and we don't want that to happen.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/79502685/
archive.is/zjMuN

Somewhere between 23 and the finale. They definitely explicitly mention the two moons

What gets me in the feels as fridge logic is Shinji, at the age he is, had never by his own admission have anyone tell him 'I love you' before.
Then you realise it's true. He has no real memories of his mother, his dad shunted him off to get raised by a tutor rather than any family members so he'd not get any parental affection there and Misato whilst bubbly and friendly, was not in a position to say 'I love you' to Shinji, whilst Asuka was tsundere in their time living together.
I just find it sad the kid was 15 before he heard those words and it wasn't from anyone really close to him.

I was making a point to the user saying nothing needs explained outside of the series and EoE, I know all this stuff already.

My bad I forgot about that and how one of the moons was where nerv instalations were and that the giant Rei uses to house all the souls in the 3rd impact. It has been over 10 years since I saw OG eva.

This is loosely mentioned by Keel Lorenz in Episode 24' in his dialogue with Kaworu. Misato hints (presumably by accident) at it in Episode 25' when driving Shinji to Eva-01's cage.

Unironically it doesnt matter. The series is about the struggle of some kids growing up alienated by modern society. And how society cannot communicate properly anymore.

The "mystic sci-fi" was just a vehicle to tell that story and sell toys in the process. It literally doesnt matter the angels and the lore other than what reactions and changes they cause in the minds of the characters. Hell, the final episodes tells you quite clear is not about what happens to you, but instead is how you take that stuff. They put the rainy day example. Thats the reason both visions of instrumentality (from the inside and from the outside) work in both the series and the movie. Because it doesnt matter the lore.

Yes, yes it was a nice easter egg for those ps2 games to explain the eggs and the ayylmaos but it doesnt add shit to the series specially when most characters completely ignore the whereabouts of the angels. I dont think even Ritsuko was aware of the ayylmao nature of the setting

no one would blame you, the show is a mess

I understand that, I was just wondering if 25/26 were supposed to make any sense without watching EoE. Because it's never explained how we got into the situation we're in at the start of episode 25.

Some of this stuff can't be inferred from the series and EoE only though. Nothing about aliens is ever mentioned, nothing that really talks about eggs. You can sort of figure out the other stuff with some conjecture but it's hard. Like that the spear is some sort of failsafe mechanism, angels wanting to return to adam to propagate angeldom. Dead sea scrolls are clearly some sort of prophecy/instruciton manuals on stuff related to adam, lilith, angels, humans, instrumentality etc but absolutely nothing indicates where they came from.

As people said those technicalities are not important but claiming that you don't need outside materials(mostly the games) to figure all of this shit out is wrong.

The main antagonistic force in the show is apathy, cowardice and the lack of honest communication and openess.

Sorry they got you baited with the marketing ploy

>muh manga is bettar
You are either:
1.- A retarded asukafag (inb4 hurr durr seething reifag)
2.- A f*moid

Eva isn't a bunch of characters thrown into different situations just to see how they come out in the end, there is a lot of meaning in the way it was directed which gets completely lost in the manga, not to mention the characters behaving like it's a shonen manga. I'd say the music and the sound design add a lot of value as well, 3.33 was great if you don't compare it to the original series which nothing will ever come even close to because Anno isn't working with the same team as he was back in Gainax.

Also there is a release date for a 10 minute preview of 3.0+1.0 already, which will probably flip things up again and dismiss the 3.33 ending preview.

Well, Misato was in the expedition to Adam's Moon, she'd know some shit from that.
Plus she had taken over Kaji's spy intel gathering to get to the truth and crux of the conflict.

So at the end of 3.0, why were there two Spears of Longinus? Is it just fuel for time loop theories?
What happened to Cassius?

Attached: 1552842245251.jpg (1920x814, 90K)

The show actually ran out of money at this point so they decided to do those two episodes to get to and cover the main themes of the show as is.
EoE explains how they got in the situation, so it is worth watching to see the events leading up to it.

>You are either:
>1.- A retarded asukafag
Ironic considering Rei is clearly pushed much harder as the romantic interest in the manga

Attached: main-qimg-11cac6fafbf41a97c4f087f602caa0b4.jpg (602x452, 111K)

>The evas have too many transformations just to sell toys.
Literally one transformation

I actually lol'd at how wrong you are. You have no idea where the second half of the show is going. The first half exists as a bait and switch. Don't forget to watch End of Evangelion after the show. Even if you don't like it, the animation and visuals are unreal.

How do I get into this show? Can I just watch the series that recently dropped on Netflix then track down end of Evangelion ? I don’t know how anime works but this kinda interests me

Nobody knows. 3.0 doesn't make any sense at all in an attempt to mimic the crypticness of the original show.

It's literally not worth the brain cells to try and figure out

>it even tries to rehash komm suzer todd
Nigga that was tsubasa wo kudasai, you literally don't understand half the shit you are talking about, stop being so superficial

Read this.

Attached: 1561381506533 (1).png (1839x719, 169K)

The dog mode, the new beast halo mode for shinji, the mari spider eva, the 4th arm fusion thing, the half robot asuka-mari thing, probably Im forgetting another one too

End of eva is on netflix too. It's separate and not in the same batch. So just watch the series and then End of Eva.
Ignore shitposters that suggest weird viewing orders

You want in a real secret, friend? A lot of that stuff about the ayyy lmaos, the Eggs, and the Lances and stuff that's actually 100% canon - it mostly came from a PSP video game.

Your confidence in something totally wrong makes me excited for you. You will likely have your mind blown harder than most other people when watching eoe

its the last jedi of the evangelion series

Yes.

26 episode show and then End of Evangelion.

Just safely torrent the japanese bd, netflix is shit

I will watch unil the end for sure, and yes i have EoE and the 3 OVAs. Im not playing the videogames tho, dont have time for that shit.

I know that it's canon. But it's not described and in some cases not even hinted at in the series or EoE. It's from other media. That was the point of his argument.

The movies are their own universe, apart from the show.
You could be correct or perhaps in the Rebuilds there were always two Spears. Hopefully the 4th film will explain more on it, though honestly after seeing how they jumped from 2 to 3, I doubt they will.
Anyways, in the 3rd film, they show the Spear of Cassius to fuse with the Spear of Longinus to make a single weapon once they're removed from Lilith's corpse.

>The show actually ran out of money at this point
Yes, I figured as much. I'd read people saying so but I didn't think it would be so obvious til I watched it.
>they decided to do those two episodes to get to and cover the main themes of the show as is.
Thanks for the explanation desu. Interesting choice by them, anyone know if they always hoped on following up with a movie or did they think they'd finish the series like that?

>Watching the sub on your first viewing
>Especially if you aren't used to anime

Thats a sure fire way to ruin somebody's eva experience. The plot is complicated enough as it is, it doesn't help to have dialog go over your head because you either can't keep up with subtitles or don't retain the info the same way like most people used to dubs

Are you hyped for TTGEVA?

Attached: 1543395761537.jpg (1000x1367, 360K)

Same universe, different time loop

Like the manga

They knew there would be a plot conclusion in some form. They were not set on one movie specifically.

No. That third impact song was shit. I dint care who made it. The whole ost of 2.1 was shit.

Its funny you accuse me of being superficial while defending the single layered boring generic superficial orchestras 2.1 has as ost. Practically most new themes have the same structure. All crap compared to the old ost. Listen to Evangelion koukyougaku and then you will realize how shit are the new songs and the new versions of old songs

>le anno hate dis le anno hate dat
And not a single source to those claims, fuck off

Oh, I didn't know what his argument is, whoever he is. I was just posting relevant canon info to provide insight to Eva for anyone who's a fan and wants to know more.
Sorry to butt in on your argument if you guys were having one.

>watching dubs at all, ever
>he can't fucking keep up with subtitles

I watched Eva at 13 with subs, English is not even my native language, and I kept up with it just fine besides the plot that is intentionally meant to be cryptic/vague. Eat shit.
A grown adult should never watch anything with dubs if given the choice.

Attached: 1552915550718.png (300x300, 120K)

ok, thankyou senpai.

You should watch 1.0. It's the same as the original but better quality.
Rebuild went full retard in 2.0.

right sorry the white moon
so why is it floating around or is the white moon luna?

Attached: bravo anno.jpg (3840x3240, 1.11M)

>not even hinted at in the series or EOE
Bruh the fucking black moon in eoe

>The whole ost of 2.1 was shit.
Delete yourself.

Attached: 1549264916033.jpg (2220x2472, 1.35M)

I’m planning to watch it on Netflix in Japanese with English subs is this ideal ?

>missing visuals because you're constantly reading shit at the bottom of the screen
ebin

I was really hoping that in '15 they were going to do some kind of season long series (or even an OVA) covering the time between 2.22 and 3.33. It just seemed like something they could do to celebrate the then 20th anniversary of the series, and keep the staff busy while Anno was off making Shin Godzilla.

Prove none of this happened.

Not confirmed yet, user.
Also I don't remember the manga mentioned time loops, though I know the ending explicitly makes it clear that alternate universes are possible.
I guess they're similar enough that I'll give you that, though the Rebuilds have only really hinted at it until this point. No hard confirms for the movies as is.

>English isn't even my native language
That tells me you are likely very used to subtitles. Some people don't have that luxury and having to read subs would definitely make things trickier for people trying to piece together the more complicated aspects of the plot for the first time

>1.0 is better quality than the original
Aside from the Ramiel screams, 1.0 is nowhere near better than the first couple of episodes of the show.
youtube.com/watch?v=mdU8dyjgXU0

Attached: The_Sixth_Angel_-_Cross_Form_(Rebuild).png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

Ideal would be the same configuration with Sephirotic release on nyaa that's 60GB but this is a good enough alternative

The ideal is to pirate it because Netflix removes Fly Me to the Moon as the credits song and its instrumental version in a couple of scenes.
But still, yeah, Netflix with subs is a pretty good way to watch it overall.

How fucking bad and slow are you at reading subtitles, user? Seems like your whole issue stems from that.
If there's a particularly fast visual that I think I missed I just quickly jump back 5 seconds, no big deal.

Again, don't watch it on netflix if you want the best experience. Even the dub is better on other versions.

Yes, the original run of episodes is on Netflix now, plus End of Evangelion. Watch the episodes in order, then jump straight into EoE. Everything else is optional. Netflix redid the dub and changed some lines that were deemed iconic. The sub on Netflix contains the original Japanese audio, with a re-translated sub track. General consensus towards the Netflix dub seems to be negative.

Completely valid way to do it.

Like I said, you are probably better off with the dub your first time through it, but if you are comfortable with the subs than power to you

I was just replying to an user who was saying you didn't need anything past the series and EoE to be explained. I countered by asking what he could tell me on the things I mentioned.
I see a few other anons jumped in, whilst it's correct the show isn't truly about those things, the point still stands you won't know on their origins from the series alone. That's all.

The Netflix version is fine you fucking retard holy shit

>le ebin pre fabricated orchestra is so ebin!!1!!!1 its like im cultured, this is classical music like mozart but modern and in ENGLISH!1!!!

Yeah no fuck off. Learn more about music. That ost is as soulless as the 3d cgi robot scenes. Its really poor music. Not even a personal taste thing. Its just they are student tier compositions.

It's implied that all of it happened, just off screen.

Yes, it's all conjecture, user. But it does make a certain degree if sense.

yeah I'm having trouble believing that anno, the biggest waifu-fag of them all, meant for asuka and rei to be a critique of waifus

Attached: 247462346.png (540x304, 203K)

I'm sorry people are making this so complicated for you.

Yes. Netflix is fine. There is barely a difference, especially if you are watching the sub.

WHy does she have to be such a fucking bitch?

Attached: 41851561265.png (704x480, 283K)

Okay shill, enjoy a shitty translation and no ED

>Sephirotic
>2005+14

Attached: 1544213659845.jpg (225x234, 54K)

It's not explained yet.
It does have the markings of the moon Giant Rei-Lilith held in Instrumentality at EoE, also it seems in low enough orbit to not be Luna, though nothing confirmed as of yet.

If the game wasnt released you wouldnt know about it either. Yet the story would be largely the same if not 100% the same. Its just a nice lore piece that you could miss and the series would be exactly the same.

That's an awful lot of projecting

The translation is even more accurate though

she unironically needed a dicking

just watch the bonkai77 version with eng subs.
Fansubs>dubs 8/10 times.

>CGI garbage is better than 90s cel animation
>the equivalent of a breakneck paced recap movie is better than the original TV series
Fuck, you ARE dumb.

Attached: 1546289717869.jpg (430x462, 17K)

It's inside us all user, it's what Anno meant all along. Like the end to the TV series.

the adv dub is better but if you cant be arsed i would recommend netflix sub if you cant hack that netflix dub as a last resort

>literally accurate =/= meaning

The Netflix dub is so much better though.

I'm convinced 90 percent of you people didn't watch it

CGI isn't visually spectacular. If I want CGI explosions, I'll watch Shit Wars or the MCUck.

But it retains the meaning even better though

t. homophobe

Based. I've only seen NGE twice but I've seen EoE well over 10 times.

My original experience(s) with this film were tedious, because every single shot is from the original series with no additions, so there's little to think about. However, approaching it with an open mind and trying to pretend it's your first time learning about the characters turns it into a fresh, perhaps superior version of the first six episodes of the TV show. Yes, a lot of details are lost for the sake of runtime, but it also speeds things up for the only mission objective that matters: Shinji's arc. When the original series ended, watchers cried and rioted because the plot was laid aside and questions were unanswered, choosing instead to develop Shinji's psychology. This is essentially the approach taken in this movie. At first glance the events are the same as the show, but one crucial difference shows up that's easy to miss: when Shinji runs away after the second Angel, and Misato tells him he's free to leave if he wants (Ep. 4) Shinji never heads to the train station like in the show, where his bonds convince him to stay. Shinji's determination in the movie is left intentionally unresolved, dangling. The intent is to tie it all together during the third angel, the Operation Yashima. (Cont)

fuck off, shill

Is this what we have come to?

What originally was nothing more than a clever plot point (the rifle requires the electricity of all of Japan) is now turned into a metaphor: Shinji holds the will of Japan in his hands. The movie then uses three new deviations to enhance its focus: - Shinji's friends send him a recording right before the battle, encouraging him, giving him confidence and linking the previously unconnected climax with the school events. Now Shinji's not holding just a faceless Japan, but the fate of his friends.
-Misato takes Shinji to the lowest levels of the Dogma, revealing Lilith to him. Explaining the stakes and why the angels must be stopped early on is a wise choice and an improvement. Now the meaning of Shinji holding the rifle is doubly enhanced: not just all of japan, but all of the world.
-Finally, in the original series Shinji's first shot clashes with one from the angel, making both miss. This time, both of them hit, and Shinji falls backwards. This is it. This is where Shinji resolves whether to go to the train station: "Do I get up back again? Or do I run away?" Misato's words explicitly ask this question to Shinji.
We know what he chooses. And thanks to the smart structuring, the angel's defeat doesn't feel like just another episode, but the summation of the entire film.

Attached: 15614625.png (976x667, 989K)

Imagine wanting to hear a burger or a tranny in place of Megumi Ogata's iconic voice.
Dubfags are mentally ill.

Attached: 1536149489972.png (250x250, 101K)

what?
of course it isnt
aliseo.com/en/translation/translation-topics/too-literal-translation.php

I know this is a joke, but kowarus relationship with Shinji is just as much in tact in the new dub as it was in the old.
Changing love to like barely makes a difference when in both versions there is very clearly intense sexual energy between them
He straight up asks to shower with him for fucks sake, and Shinji gets flustered and blushes.

i'm sure their whining all sound similar

>If I call you a shill, your opinion becomes invalid!

Cope, ADV shill

>netflix is better
youtube.com/watch?v=XxuBvqrv95g

Attached: 1370856479781.jpg (620x663, 54K)

The only thing that is translated literally is "child" to "children".

I swear you people haven't seen it. That can be the only reasonable explanation.

>adv shills abound but netflix woudlnt do that
holy shit

>MUH BOLOGNA PONY!

cringe. The new translation is better. Simple as that

I would argue all of that makes the movie far more generic, not better. I've a long list why this is the case but I really can't be bothered typing it up.

Wow the point just fucking sailed over your little peanut brain, didn't it?

Watching it right now. Took me a while to get used to Shinji's voice, but I don't mind it now. Every other character has been fine, but Asuka hasn't shown up yet and I see her VA get criticized maybe the most. Having the characters pronounce "Nerv" as "nair-ve" almost made me turn it off, though. It's just such a fucking stupid, awkward, pointless change. Also, "he is the third children" and "THE central dogma" are equally stupid, pointless changes.

LITERALLY better than the adv scream

Still not as good as the original Japanese so dubs are still shit, but the original dub's scream was hilariously bad, at least tranny Shinji is closer to the original voice.

The only one in 2.0 was 02 Beast Mode and hadn't the Mass Production Evas quickly put 02 down in EoE we'd seen it there as well.
01 Awakened is a version of the bestial awakened 01 in the series, one is driven by despair the other is driven by will which is why they react differently.

The other stuff you posted is on 3.0 unless you also mean Bardiel/03 having 4 arms but by that logic it already had extendable arms in the original.

we did this yesterday when i gave you shills several examples like asukas "wunderbar" being replaced with "my chance" that were changed in a much too literal way
not doing it again you lying shit

everybody knows you cant translate languages that literally, especially languages as different as jap and english, yet you keep arguing for it
stupid shill

>This is Yea Forums, we have taste here.
Imagine actually believing this. You and this board are the worst part of this website

>youre wrong because... Trust me bro

>kowarus
Netflix shill confirmed

Attached: 4656456.jpg (288x314, 24K)

>The only thing that is translated literally is "child" to "children".

Why did they do that? It doesnt sound right

Attached: 1561217929225.jpg (537x720, 70K)

Also:

>The Lance of LAWN-JAI-NUSS

Maybe that's the proper pronunciation, I don't know, but it's sure as hell awkward, and based on the VA's delivery, they had an awkward time saying it that way.

I don't know and I won't defend it. But that doesn't make it a bad translation

also misato keeps saying evvangelions

Cope

Haven't gotten there yet, but I'm already annoyed.

>the third children
>that doesn't make it a bad translation
and people call you a shill, how strange

Attached: 1388952313291.jpg (193x182, 21K)

It's literally one shitty translation.

Almost as awkward and unnatural as "I musn't run away"

Children in eva is a classification or a title. It's not meant to be the plural of child. It's autistic but that's the term NERV coined for whatever reason and assigned to EVA pilots. So it's not even supposed to be translated. Again, it's stupid in universe but it's not up to the translator to 'fix' stupid things or logical fallacies.

The next movie will depict these events. Which also means 3.33 was the end of the story and you already saw it.

Not him, but at least "I mustn't run away" is just awkward. "He is the third children" is a five dollar cab ride away from making any kind of grammatical sense.

> fucking normie newfagss just marathoned all of Eva on shitflix
>complain they have to wait for Eva Rebuild 4.0

Bitch. You know how long we've been waiting for this shit?
Fuck. I remember having to wait to get VHS fansub copies of Death & Rebirth and End of Evangelion after seeing the orginal series on tape. We didn't have fucking streaming services. We didn't even have fucking torrents. I hadn't even discovered finding .rm files off IRC yet.

Shit. I'm getting too old to shitpost here.

Attached: eva rebuild gendo 3.jpg (315x236, 8K)

It must have felt orgasmic to finally get your hands on a copy of EoE though.

It was good, certainly as good as the other Rebuilds. People dislike it because it's jarring and comes out of nowhere after 2.22.
Another problem is that Anno seems to be hooked on ending each movie with another Impact. 2.22 ended with one, so did 3.33, and can he stop himself from ending the last movie with another one? I doubt it.

A friend, who knew I was a Reifag, told me that aside from the first few scenes she was in that Rei doesn't wear clothes for the rest of the movie.

I had no idea what was coming.

Attached: evangelion rei 3b8a54b3797ef2671ab6f8206e69ae6c.jpg (236x460, 30K)

savage

literally the entire series

it was the evangelion of evangelion. Fans finally came face to face with this shit show farce of an anime created by a man who hates weebs and wanted to take it out on his anime's fanbase.

Evangelion fans feel the same way about 3.0 as non-eva fans feel about evangelion.

one of many
that doesn't stop it from destroying any kind of immersion

Wow.

then a new evangelion started in 2007 and needs to end now

how I envy this fucktard, he'll watch the last third for the very first time completely confident he knows it's shit

Literally the second time I've seen someone talking about EVA saying I can't be bothered to type my shit up in response to someone else in the last 5 minutes.

I watched through the whole thing and never even noticed this.

>One of many
Like?

Oh god more Wunder shit.

Attached: tumblr_oljnskDHs91w4van0o4_1280-2050.jpg (720x720, 189K)

>netflix EVA

The what now? I haven't been on Yea Forums is some months. Don't tell me they added it on netflix and there is some influx of people watching it the first time.

Also 4.0?? The flying fuck about damn time. I stopped even trying to remember that 4.0 was happening after turning into a skeleton after 3.33

Attached: 1269542710483.jpg (3000x2000, 403K)

I like the show but never connected with the characters like with other classic anime

way too many to count
like almost every other sentence feels off
the ones that get discussed the most are im the lowest of the low and the wunderbar/my chance thing but what also really bugged me is when it starts getting introspective with shinji they just keep saying it in the most unnatural way possible
look at this viedo comparisonyoutube.com/watch?v=7FoaL7s6HqQ
stuff like
original
>it's your mind which seperates reality into good or bad
netsflix
>it's your heart that perceives reality as being full of suffering
I'm sure it makes sense in japanese but it sounds retarded im english, and kind of fails to bring across the point

Watch episode 3 and 4 again, every time she says eva or evangelion it's pronounced evva or evvangelion

At least Unit 01 will be back it seems

Attached: 1539089443576.jpg (1000x547, 174K)

sorry but I don't care about philistines who think 1.0 is an improvement, probably doesn't matter what I'd say

Yeah, Netflix added it, along with EoE, plus newly translated dub tracks and sub tracks for both. 4.0 is scheduled to release next year, apparently.

I dont underdtsnd all these new eva movies, are they reboots or sequels or paralelle-paralol universes?

NGE without Unit 01 is just not NGE to me.

I don't think 1.0 is an improvement, but I'd like people to type out what they think and take the effort when they say they have something. Don't load it up like that just to say you won't do it. Whatever, just type it up and then put it in a notebook sometime so you can copy paste what you had to say.

Wasn't 4.0 supposed to come out a couple of years ago then godzilla happened or something to that degree?

Nobody knows for sure

I posted the gist, the changes make it generic. You don't think it's more generic? The novelty of Eva is how miserable and whiny it is. Turning Shinji into an action hero full of plot conveniences like a secret Illuminati military shadow government passing along a feel good recording of his classmates who barely know him each giving him a 'gambate!' at the crucial moment does not enrich the world or the story or the characters. It removes a lot of the logic and suggestions of realism and dark tone that the original had.

Dude I bet it wasn't even close to done when Anno decided to do Godzilla. And it's still a year out probably from coming to Japan.

Dude I just said I DON'T think 1.0 is an improvement. You might have confused that because I wasn't the same guy you were talking to the whole time. I like the original series and movie better, but yeah, I see who you were now in this thread, and I agree. Thanks.

I thought 1.0 was the rebooted universe after End of Evangellion

It's implied by several lines in the Rebuilds (and the oceans being red, moon being fucked up, etc), but it isn't confirmed yet.

It's impossible for it to be a sequel according to the logic of the original. Shinji's mom's soul is still in space, can't reincarnate or whatever.

You think it's a reboot... but it's a sequel. Kawrou seems to have some memory of what happened in the original series. Actually, End of Evangelion showed the reboot of the universe. Shinji remake reality.

Attached: evangelion karou king of the moonrace 1276145234862.png (590x351, 286K)

What if it's a prequel?

why would shinji make a world as shitty as the first one

>It's implied by several lines in the Rebuilds (and the oceans being red, moon being fucked up, etc), but it isn't confirmed yet.
Aha. Here's the pic.

Attached: evangelion sequel 1328141201404.jpg (1894x4000, 1.4M)

Because he is jsut a child

Because he represents all of us mid twenties to 30s 'adolescents' who despise change and would rather everything stay exactly as it was

Bravo Anno

Attached: 1186815239860.jpg (767x499, 57K)

Say if this is the case, it might be the ultimate blackpill that he literally can't escape himself and his perceptions even given a second chance.
I'm not saying that I think this is already true though, nothing is confirmed yet. I won't know what to think until I see the end of it.

>>The only thing that is translated literally is "child" to "children".
Reiis not singular

Attached: rei best girl HONK HONK.jpg (900x600, 251K)

Because He's the lowest of the low.

Attached: sad keanu shinji 1372027604660.png (736x396, 469K)

They are meant to be sequels but this was supposed to be a big secret and a huge shocking reveal, but fans figured it out after the first movie and then Anno got pissy and stopped making them.

>it's a continuation
>asukas wounds disappeared but somehow came back 15 years later
lol wut

I always just chalked it up to some weird codeword that was part and parcel to a secret government organization that fights alien creatures with giant humanoid robots.

Attached: EvangelionGendoCosplay.jpg (600x423, 54K)

It wasn't Shinji personally. It's basically a loop,, there's a blatant implication of Nietzsche's eternal recurrence merged with tones of the Buddhist Samsara and reincarnation .

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Evangelion_3.33_You_Can_(Not)_Redo_(1920x816_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[010A5269].mkv_snapshot_01.15 (1920x1080, 703K)

Because that's exactly what it is. They don't call the eva pilots children because they are 15 years old. They are special candidates for a special purpose and they named their role as children.

Literally everything in LOST was explained, brainlet.

What if it's a different Shinji and a different Asuka? I dunno. Just fanwank something.

Attached: evangelion anno 1323817600541.jpg (425x292, 20K)

but doesnt that make shinjis choice meaningless?

Was it?

Attached: Lost Evangelion End full med.jpg (408x4500, 491K)

Last movie will be about what happens if Shinji says "yes" to instrumentality.

No, there's slight progression each time. The end goal is eventually for everyone to escape Samsara.

Such an influential scene in movie history.

Attached: 1364311398426.jpg (960x3762, 877K)

Asuka has a different name in 2.0.
I don't think they state whether she is Sōryū or Shikinami in 3.0 though, which would resolve whether the characters in 2.0, 3.0 and NGE+EoE are one and the same

Like everything in NGE Anno just thought it sounded cool and it's been a translation error ever since.
No need to invent some retarded headcanon to explain away what is an oversight.
I mean, obviously "children" is a obviously a term nerv uses to specify the eva pilots but the fact that it wasnt changed to singular in translation is the error.
It's a typical, minor case of engrish and no problem when viewing with subtitles.
It is very stupid in dubbed versions though because it makes it seem like whoever says it doesnt know the difference between child and children.

This, it's pretty funny how weebs think anime is a work of art instead of just a cynical cash grab

then that probably shoudlnt be used as part of that image

Why not change Evangelion to giant robot in the translation as well?

Any anime is better than any movie made by a person of Jewish descent

Because evangelion actually means something different than "giant robot". Idiot.

imagine being so butthurt you argue in favour of engrish

that drill looks way cooler than in the show

here it is

Attached: thelastkino.jpg (1549x863, 426K)

>It's your hear that percirvrd reality as being full of suffering

I actually kinda like that one more

they're sequels, just like the original series is the sequel to the manga.

youtu.be/ueUeMFbGq9o

no japs just cant into english

Rules work a bit different in the rebuilds, it's more like and AU story.

wtf is this shit

4.0 is better off unreleased

in an alternate universe in which the moon just happens to have blood splatter on it and the seas are naturally post-3rd impact red

Attached: 1544466541734.png (420x420, 12K)

You know what AU means you retarded frogposter? Yes, it takes place in an alternative timeline where certain things work differently.

You're an idiot. It's obviously intentionally a time loop

>Chen is a clownposter

Maybe if you actually watched those movies and the series, and you had a functioning brain you'd notice the small details that make the difference between the original timeline and the rebuilds. The rules changed. It still can be a time loop kinda thing, but it's an alternative take.

>You're the third again, Shinji
nope, means nothing, its just how things are in this alternative timeline folks, silly Kaworu just says things xD

Thought you faggots watched MCU capeshit.

Now you're being facetious. Yes the Eva pilots are referred to as "Children" collectively, but it doesn't make sense to refer to a singular "children". Pilots in the air force are referred to as such, but they don't say shit like "that guy is one hell of a pilots".

literally this, nothing wouldve fucking happened if misato just talked to shinji instead of being a cunt to him, not to mention SHE is the one who practically forced him into saving TEH REI which started this whole fucking mess.

It doesn't come from the english language, dumbfuck. They are japanese. They use words as names or titles. Children for the eva pilots is a kind of name or title. That's why you don't change it. Now you understand why people hated the idea that netflix expose normalfags like you to shows like NGE.

shut your pretentious nozzle and get the fuck back to Yea Forums i'm waiting

even Pacific Rim ripped off Eva

Attached: pacific rim ending 1.jpg (720x540, 87K)

The Japanese themselves translated it to "child" in the original dub, you unbelievable fucking retard. Even they knew "he is the third children" is dumb as fuck and makes no sense in English.

>The Japanese themselves translated it to "child" in the original dub
lol

I accept your surrender, even if you're still acting like a petulant children.

Imagine being brainlet enough to not understand 3.33.

japanese doesn't use plurals, they dont have separate words for children and child. its a translation error nothing more, anime often uses non-japanese words and engrish is common

>Japanese doesn't use plurals
what a retarded language

Yet the other written english is perfect and in the rebuilds even the spoken one as well. Sure. It's a fucking title/name, deal with it.

Shooty shooty woop woop

Attached: 1533739019277.jpg (640x640, 370K)

i know this is bait but
>I can see where the plot goes from 10 miles away.
no you can not

>Anyway, point being Angels want to touch Lilith and we don't want that to happen.
But the angels want to touch adam, not lilith. Kaworu says all angels want to return to adam, and when he sees it's Lilith in central dogma, not adam he is surprised and doesn't bother touching her.

no retard titles still get plurals in english

It does though.

Fuck off, gay fish. It's a word used by japanese without any connection to its original language rules.

humans are the children of Lilith. angels the children of Adam. although that makes the first 7 episodes a plot hole because Adam isn't taken to neo-tokyo until ep8 so what were angels 2-4 doing. iirc only one group was suppose to come to earth and they both can't coexist with each other so the angles probably want to wipe out Lilith and humans but joining with Adam will make them complete/trigger a nth impact

and when you translate it back into that original language its rules still apply

>can't even understand evangelion
Imagine being this simpleminded.

That word being an english word is a very unfortunate happening. In any other languages it's perfectly fine because everyone can easily understand that it stands for a title or name and doesn't need to be translated. It's just you who throw a tantrum about it in the whole world.

Quite the opposite, you're the only one on here defending an obvious grammatical error.

It's the other way around. Every angel but one, Kowaru included, thought Adam was in the basement at Nerv, from the first to the last episode. There is no plot hole here. The plot hole is the fish angel who did seem to know where Adam really was. It's possible that angel was after unit 2, not Adam, that time.

No one ever made a serious complaint about that word until this show hit this fucking shithole of a board. Do you even realize that it's out for two decades now and people were fine with it for the whole time?

>hurrrrr Shinji you suck now get in EVA Unit #78 and stab the Bundesrepublik with the Lance of DOUBLE Longinus
3.33 was nonsense
it's like they threw cool looking eva imagery, eva-sounding dialogue, and mech designs from some sketchbook into a blender and animated the hell out of what came out
>inb4 i-it d-doesn't make s-sense on p-purpose
I don't give a fuck
one of the reasons the original worked so well was it had a solid, compelling central mystery that was revealed, peeled, layer by layer, throughout the series
it didn't insult the viewer's intelligence, but it didn't feel like it was being unintelligible on purpose, either
3.33 is, in fact unintelligible on purpose
no wonder Anno can't even start writing the sequel
no one would want to attempt unraveling this mess and then tieing off all its myriad loose ends

again retard titles have plurals

because everyone before now wasn't retarded enough to think it was anything but engrish.

And the usage of plurals in your preferred way is only applicable to your precious romanic language group.

So why do you argue so hard that it must be changed now to proper english grammar?

>this book has a spelling mistake
>I know, I'll re-edit it but leave the spelling mistake in there
Why indeed?

I want to see the oldmen hiking

see

>exactly what otakus wanted
what this "otaku" "wanted" "exactly" is a story that makes fucking sense. The original didn't, EoE didn't and 3 sure as hell didn't. In fact it made less sense than any of the previous ones.
So, no, it is not "what otakus always wanted". Fuck you, fuck Anno, fuck Evangelion.

worse than that they copied the error into the new dub/subs when the originals had it correctly

see

evangelion doesn't mean giant robot in english, if you weren't retarded this wouldn't need to be explained to you

anime is garbage

And baaaack to the point that this problem only occurs for englishfags. You shitheads really shouldn't have watched it. The world was a better place until shitflix got the series, and you normalfags watched it.

But that's wrong. All the Angels have an innate desire to touch Lilith, to absorb her Fruit of Wisdom and become super powerful demigod ayy lmaos. Most of the Angels are just dumb animals operating on instinct, they'd sense Lilith wherever she was, which is why she was in the safest possible place on the planet. Adam long ago exploded and became a small fetus like form, which Kaji gave to Gendo in the episode where Asuka first shows up. They don't care about returning to Adam, it would serve no purpose and wouldn't even be possible. They want to touch Lilith.

Now a valid question to ask me after I said all that is why can't a human just touch Adam and become a FAR? I honestly don't know. In EoE Gendo tried to fuse Adam's Soul inside of himself with Lilith's soul inside of Rei-III. I guess that's what it took to fire off Human Instrumentality.

I watched it long before Netflix got their claws in it, and they weren't referring to single people as "children." Not sure why I'm arguing with an ESLfag about a language he clearly doesn't understand.

You literally didn't even watch the show. Never reply to me again, dumbfuck.

Attached: [2D4U]Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_24[10bit.DualAudio].mkv_snapshot_18.16_[2019.06.25_15.04.47].jpg (704x480, 165K)

>They don't care about returning to Adam, it would serve no purpose and wouldn't even be possible. They want to touch Lilith.
That's entirely up to whether you take the original plot from the series which probably didn't have everything figured out by the creators, so it was full of holes, or the later canon with the FAR, in which case the angels shouldn't want to touch Lilith, they should want to disappear into Adam to let the dark moon type life forms live on the planet. Also the FAR were not gods. They went extinct because they couldn't avoid their own mortality. The instrumentality is what humans wanted to do because they accidentally got both seeds on their planet.

Sure sure. That's why I never saw a single complaint about the usage of Children as a name or title for the eva pilots ever before this board started to talk about the show. And all the old versions used Children, just fyi.

>some fag Angel is too retarded to know the creature inside Central Dogma isn't Adam until he looks right at it and finally realizes what the humans are fighting for and why his fellow animal like Angels are so attracted to this thing
No, YOU didn't watch the show, Kaworu.

i bought the platinum collection back in 05, the engrish only exists in the netflix dub/subs. good job outing yourself

No it's is simply because Japs are shit at English and fucked-up when it came to Anglicising "kodomo" in the original script since they have no concept of plural nouns.
Therefore you have the Japanese VAs saying crap like フィフス・チルドレン、セカンド・チルドレン Instead of セカンド・チャイルド.
Weebs, who simply cannot admit that glorious nippon could make such a glaring error in spite of the fact that Eva had budget and time-management problems throughout production and certainly didn't spend time and money on a translator to get these things right, retcon it with some convoluted shit rather than recognising it as yet another example of Japan's propensity for "Engrish".

The Eva pilots being collectively referred to as "Children" is fine. Referring to one of them as "the third Children" in English is not fine, because it doesn't make grammatical sense. If you're arguing this point, you don't grasp an extremely basic, fundamental rule of the English language.

And then people who have nothing to do with the franchise, not even being fans want it to be changed from the original because their autism just doesn't allow that their glorious anglomutt language is being bastardised in a medium they don't even care about.

They didn't translate it properly in the actual animation (e.g., "Lilliputian Hitcher" has some in) though so what do? Use it as a term of art and move on, Netflix weren't going to reanimate it.

Somehow you missed in the middle of your post that it's a japanese show, not an english show.

Tfw I never skip the intro theme. Why is it so comfy, brehs?

ZAAAAAANKOKUUU NA TEEEENSHI NO TEEZEEEEEEEE

Yes, and we're discussing the English language translation of said show, and why it should follow the rules of the English language. There's no simpler way for me to explain it for you without crayons and looseleaf.

>watching dubs
There's your mistake.

the original outside of the japanese dub is child not children. the new dub/sub is children. children is the change

>not an english show.
except for the English dub/subs, which need to be in grammatically correct English otherwise you fucked up. which again has always been child until this netflix translation

>Netflix skips the previews, which are my favourite part, keep having to go back. "Watch it with your friends!" "Be sure to tune in for more fan-service!". etc.

Attached: reipepe.jpg (1440x1080, 105K)

Once again, I accept your surrender. Now grow up and stop posting like a children.

I bet you thought this was funny.

I do crack myself up, yes.

Attached: 1531310009554.gif (300x168, 285K)

it takes a high iq to understand grammatical humor

Was always wondering why the display said 76min instead of 1h16min when the digits are there. Was this a fuckup in the original?

Absolutely seething

Attached: the-us-autism-rate-among-kids-is-still-rising-a-n-2-27358-1524783319-0_dblbig.jpg (625x415, 283K)