Star wars a new hope releases in 1977 as a standalone film

>Star wars a new hope releases in 1977 as a standalone film
>star wars gets no sequels and never gets as popular
>star wars franchise never gets whored out and upon hearing star wars people think of this one movie
>it gets praised as one of the most kino scifi movies of the 20th century by Yea Forums
Tell me this wouldn't be true

Attached: MV5BNzVlY2MwMjktM2E4OS00Y2Y3LWE3ZjctYzhkZGM3YzA1ZWM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg (1820x2827, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mrob.com/pub/film-video/topadj.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

would still be true if it stopped at the rotj. they really shouldn’t have continued

would be seen as a shitty copy of The Hidden Fortress

But even the first one was HUGE on its own. It would probably be scrutinised for no real scenes with the lightsabers and vader and the pointless glimpse of an emperor character and a too simplistic resolution etc.
It is structured like there was more to come, because there was. It would probably be cult status, with the Star Wars universe people filling in the blanks on the internet.

>>Summer blockbusters never exist
>>toy franchising never happens
>>MCU never happens.
I'd miss the toys of random shit more than the trash mcu movies

>t. has never actually seen The Hidden Fortress
They're not really all that similar besides using the lowliest characters (the droids/the two peasants) as a framing device.

The first one is the best and the only one that is truly kino. An epic set in space

Esb is just a good blockbuster

>no real scenes with the lightsabers
nigga what

Attached: anh duel.png (1364x573, 295K)

The first one is best but even RotJ is a masterpiece, shame about the ewoks but jabbas palace & emperors throne room scenes are high points for the series. ESB isnt as epic as either one but has Luke vs Vader so gets remembered as the best.

It would have been rebooted in 2013 and neither version would ever be talked about again

mrob.com/pub/film-video/topadj.html
ANH sold more tickets than everything but gone with the wind (which was out for a fucking insane amount of time). it just wouldn't happen. also bear in mind that george was already "whoring out" the franchise from the start and making shitloads off the merch

>1977
>A New Hope

No.

>the first one
>glimpse of the Emperor

No.

>making shitloads off the merch
>from the start

No.

ZOOMERS GTFO!

I wish I lived in that world

Star wars: Episode IV: A New Hope had it's theatrical release in 1977. Wtf are you on about?

>It would probably be cult status, with the Star Wars universe people filling in the blanks on the internet.
God imagine how stupid the ideas of what the clone wars were, they prob thought it was people fighting their own clones or something

In 1977 it was not known as "A New Hope".
The title screen crawl just said STAR WARS.

OB1 sounds like a serial number.

False. Yea Forums has zero knowledge of movies more than 20 years old, and only those with a gigantic load of hype behind them.

It wasn't called A New Hope until its re-release just before ESB came out, tadpole.

Impossible, comparing with other movies released years nearby, SW looked 10 or even 20 years ahead

What? 2001 A Space Odyssey had been released nine years earlier, with way better effects.Two years later, Alien would be released.
Star Wars had some pretty impressive models, but really lame muppet-level creatures. There was nothing particularly avant-garde in that movie.

I think he was talking about Luke not facing off with Darth Vader.

>way better effects
Those effects were slow as fuck tho. Star Wars had dogfights in space that actually looked like dogfights in space.

That's retarded. His name is Obi Wan, not Obi One.

It was a theory back in the day. Merch said See-Threepio and Artoo-Detoo, so it isn't that big of a stretch. It's not like we ever saw old Ben sign his name.

I partly agree, but many of the effecs done in Odyssey and Alien took advantage of lighting, SW instead did show its effects in a very natural and exposed way, not only that, but a very rich fantastic setup with a lot of well done customs and stages.

I didn't say the effects were shit, I'm saying that they were not "20 years ahead" of their time.

Not to mention how unique it is by not depicting Earth at all.

Alright, but I hardly would find something similar 15 years ahead

165 years? That would be, what? '93? That's the year motherfucking Jurassic Park was released.
Yeah, I'm thinking they would have no issue replicating Star Wars.

Well, alright

Bullshit, people don't write-off Magnificent Seven or Fistful of Dollars as solely being rip-offs of Seven Samurai & Yojimbo respectively.