Cringe

Every scene with the dwarves in the hobbit was cringe
>imagine casting James Nesbitt in a holywood film
>Jackson showed his hackness

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pyy_FIYE7EE
youtu.be/8PQ8JjU9kKg
maple-films.com/faq.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FE8EyKpyodw
youtube.com/watch?v=KXTXlSob6hs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wanted to write an hour long review of how bad it was but there is no need to. Jackson sums it up himself in the behind the scenes features. He had no time to plan the movie, it was trust on him after Del Toro was forced out, jackson trashed everything and started over, he was writing and planning while shooting. That's WHY it seemed like a B movie.

Were the movies as great as the Lord of the Rings? No. But were they still good and comfy? Yes, they were perfectly fine. I also think peoples negative perception of the movies has a lot to do with overhype after the first 3.

>It wasn't my fault
>Didn't have enough time
>Blame Del Toro
He disproved this with Mortal Engines and Lovely Bones. He's a hack.

>Jew dwarfs who steal gold from oand
>get outed and walk the (desserts) as an exodus
>wizard helps you
>get invited to hobbit house
hobbit offers to help
>insult him further
>risks his life to help you
>continue to insult him

Were dwarves jerks?

What the fuck was that song about washing up? I know there's songs or poems or whatever in the book, but was that really the best song they could come up with?
Should have been some catchy chant that got stuck in your head for days, not some two note dirge
CHRIST HACKMAN SORT IT

>Jackson showed his hackness
He showed it with the ghosts in ROTK:

I liked that Misty Mountains song scene. Was good foreshadowing of the adventure that awaits them. But then it turned out the adventure itself was absolutely shit tier and that Jackson is a hack. Still haven't seen the third movie because the first and second were such shitshows.

>But were they still good and comfy?
No. The book was good and comfy, not this trash.

>That's WHY it seemed like a B movie
it's his natural state

They really weren’t such jerks in the book. I don’t know what Jackson was planning with this

The Hobbit movies were unmitigated trash but the most offensive part was the original character elf and the romance subplot with the handsome dwarf.

First two are decent at the least. Would've been kino if del Taco wasn't such a fat lazy cunt.

I know kek, the one Dwarf that doesn't look like a dwarf for some reason, Legolas bloomed into oblivion so we can't tell Orlando is 40 now, that lady elf. lel what a mess

Way better than Peter Hakson tho

At least they were fun. I could watch LOTR exactly once and that's all, it's a good movies series but I don't want to slog through it anymore. The Hobbit has many funny scenes and good action despite the weak CGI. I can watch all three at least once a year and they are still entertaining.

How did he pull off the LOTR trilogy?
The Fellowship of the Ring is almost perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pyy_FIYE7EE
This was kino

>I could watch LOTR exactly once and that's all, it's a good movies series but I don't want to slog through it anymore
>The Hobbit has many funny scenes and good action

Attached: dxl2ui5v2r611.jpg (900x900, 83K)

Fuck off. Jackson shot the Hobbit on the fly. It's astounding they came out decent at all.

>they came out decent
>

Great response. Tells so much about you.

Fuck off, brainlet. It doesn't make you come off as smart hating on a disappointing series of movies based on a children's book. Accept it and move on.

>retarded nonstop action scenes
>good and comfy

>watching medieval capeshit

>still haven't seen the third movie
I wish i could say the same

Have sex

If you watch the behind the scenes appendices, it's very clear that every single fucking crew member sweat and bled for those movies, the art and production teams were obsessed
>those guys who made the chainmail armor for days and rubbed off their fingerprints

Theres no way they could have fit all of aragorns vassals and the rest of gondor into one movie, prove me wrong. The ghosts ate unironically the most fitting choice.

Please be bait. Please be bait. Please be bait. I cant accept that someone with such an objectively wrong opinion things they're correct.
>the lovely bones
>mortal engines
Was it a fluke user

Attached: Screenshot_20190625-084519_YouTube.jpg (1080x403, 58K)

>the lovely bones
Haven't seen that one but Mortal Engines isn't Jackson.

If you watch the lovely bones you can see Jackson has been infected with the same CGI obsession that befalls many visionary directors. It's like after they use it to good affect on kino, they devolve into using it in everything they make thereafter

Some of the casting choices were actually pretty good. Props to the guys who played Dwalin and Balin. Richard Armitage was great as Thorin. Martin Freeman is definitely young Bilbo. Even the guy who played Bard did a good portrayal imo even if the role was nothing more than generic goodie handsome human.

Hobbit is way more enjoyable to watch than Lotr

Imagine being such a faggot that you don't like the dinner party and Misty Mountains Cold.

Attached: 1554856970405.webm (700x392, 2.88M)

youtu.be/8PQ8JjU9kKg
This was kino too.

Yeah this is a point I dont hear brought up too often, most of the dwarves (sans the prettybiy dwarf and the dopey dwarf) plus Martin Freeman are all pretty fitting

I'm the faggot who got chills on his spine when the LOTR music kicked in. Even though I'm pretty sure that's the nazgul theme or something. Whatever.

The first act of the first film was comfy, the rest is utter shit.

Yeah, it's the Nazgul theme but it's still somewhat consistent, hence the situation being about falling into temptation.

maple-films.com/faq.html

>JRR Tolkien's The Hobbit
>cut over half of total running time from 532 minute trilogy to 245 minute epic (with intermission at the appropriate and natural moment)
>cut radagast
>cut as much of bolg as possible but unfortunately still there because hackson made him the main villain
>cut legolas and tauriel save for brief scenes where unavoidable
>no dwarf/elf love subplot
>cut out most of the silliness and absurd over the top cartoonish CGI

Hackson did a real number, the film can't be saved but this edit is very well done and the viewing experience is considerably better.

Not bait. I watched the hobbit movies several times and prefer them over the lotr ones.

I just watched them last week for the first time since they were released, forgot how nuts it got, even with years of planning and production, and people killing themselves to get the job done, rotk still almost missed it's premier date.

This, people swallow Marvel shit like it's water and complain about the hobbit

So you want things from the book or not? I swear to god you faggots complain about everything

To be honest the only thing truly irredeemable about the Hobbit Trilogy was Tauriel. There was no reason for her inclusion. You wanted to add some feminism which already wasn't necessary but of course it was a major debate at the time (still is) but having her eat up so much screen time and all just to pad the movies even further, the nonsensical romance plot with Kili and it singlehandedly made things almost unbearable.

I wish Jackson would go back to comedy-gore movie, there's only som any times I can rewatch Braindead.

Attached: Braindead.jpg (700x1010, 176K)

Tolkien's work is held to a higher standard. It's not some retarded comic book trash made for fat American nerds who love wrestling.

Attached: 1561208184068.png (236x322, 134K)

The casting was the worst Ting about it

Lol
This made it onto a Hollywood blockbuster in 68 fps and it looked like total fucking garbage

>retarded comic book trash made for fat American nerds who love wrestling.

To be fair, America's wrestling nerds could totally beat up America's comic book nerds.

I agree that her inclusion was a corrosive element to the films she was in, but I think there are a few more problems, chiefly that it was forced into being a trilogy

People shit on the Army of the Dead part of ROTK, but I think it was a necessary change if you're adapting the books into a trilogy.

What is truly unforgivable is the pointless squabble between sam and frodo

How is that unforgivable? It pressed home Gollum's malice and Frodo's slow loss of identity as he gets closer to destroying the ring.
One of the most innocuous changes from a source material I can think of.

Of all the things to complain about, this was the thing you found bad? This part was more or less like the book, they even put the song in there for fucks sake. Its comfy. The first movie turns to shit the moment they introduce radagast. The shire scenes were great.

Can someone explain to me..its been a while since I watched it so not sure if 1St or 2nd movie...
When they stayed in Tom Bombadils house why didnt he use any of the magic powers but instead turned into a wolf?
It was so different from the books it was bizarre!

She was a del Taco leftover.

Because in my opinion it eats up far more time than it's worth in effectiveness

I didn't get the melody of the song when reading the book so I can't say for sure

i absolutly hate that scene, so fucking cringy and forced

It was just mote visual than him singing foe 30mins
Hard to do the charcter justice on screen

>But were they still good and comfy? Yes

the third hobbit movie wasn´t comfy

Casting was good but I just hated how they made them too human looking. Dwarfes are rough and ugly.
Of course it's obvious why they look like that but still

There is no way into the mountain

Hobbit is severely underrated. It is only second to LotR. Name a better fantasy movie or trilogy. I'll wait.

It's only crime is padding out the movies which are too long by about 20 minutes.

>watch 2nd movie
>huge build up for Smaug
>gets out and destroys village
>movie ends

They couldn't have killed Smaug in the 2nd movie?

ICE, AND FIRE, AND FOREST WE PASSED
AND HORROR IN THE HALLS OF STONE

youtube.com/watch?v=FE8EyKpyodw

OUT IN THE DISTANCE
THERE*S SO MUCH GOLD
THE TREASURE THAT I'VE FOUND
IS MORE THAN ENOUGH

What's wrong with James Nesbitt?

>hobbit special powers: sneaking around, eating, drinking and smoking loads
>elf special powers: longevity, incredible eyesight, impeccable balance and handy with a bow and arrow
>human special powers: magic, army of ghosts, progressive tax policies
>dwarf special powers: good at the dishes and being small
We need to demand justice for dwarves

>human special powers: magic
I don't remember any humans having magical powers

umm Gandalf for 1

Also do you think is this song about Dark Tower or LOTR?
youtube.com/watch?v=KXTXlSob6hs

Look at this guy and laugh.

>Have everything prepared for dragon Smaug
>Scrap it all off and do wyvern Smaug instead

This level of hackness

Did anyone expect it to be good after finding out Ed Sheeran is involved?

Gandalf, Radagast and Saruman aren't humans. They're angels from a race called "Maiar", the same race as Sauron.

Lmao shut up hobbit nerd

Well if you’ve ever had to deal with the British tax system having a functional one would be an act of magic as far as I’m concerned

Maiars are never mentioned in the movies. That's not an explain.

why did he run towards him and not stay in the tree? that was dumb

>Name a better fantasy movie
Excalibur, Conan. That being said, I actually like the Hobbits.

it's miles below LoTR is every department and it is just too clumsy to hold together as a good trilogy.

Agreed. It's probably on par with Warcraft which was also decent but wasted a ton of potential.

So we had Star Wars prequel apologists, Prometheus/Covenant apologists and now we're getting Hobbit apologists. Great.

Attached: 1560557235870.jpg (994x1458, 115K)

Untrue to a minor extent, they assume everything in Bilbo’s larder is theirs to request, although they do help clean up later

"Lmao"
Fucking pleb. You should be grateful I just educated you

Attached: 4-cameron-hoodie656.jpg (306x569, 146K)

>But were they still good and comfy?
only the first one and the goblins part was trash

>go on a date with a cute guy, he's nervous but funny and likable
>go have dinner, we share some good conversations, we have similar interests, all going well
>he suggest we catch a movie, deciding to watch the last Hobbit movie
>I didn't watch the first two movie but what the hell, I've read the book, I know how it goes
>Movie is excruciatingly bad, I'm cringing the whole time
>Credits cannot come soon enough
>Finally the lights come back on
>I turn over to have a good laugh with the guy
>Eyes twinkling, with the biggest smile on his face, he spouting "That was so good omg, i need to rewatch it omg wow" like an autistic retard
>Instantly lose interest in the guy

This trilogy was absolute trash and I cannot fathom anyone liking it

Heh, what a fag