I miss it so much, lads

I miss it so much, lads.

Attached: 5E66209B-BA1F-4E46-B5F9-B2C2FDB19E96.jpg (1440x2057, 514K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9U_K76vPGYo
youtube.com/watch?v=1VTeCiEmR7o
youtube.com/watch?v=_VMFsAKHzHM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

same

Attached: 1556320041954.jpg (480x640, 169K)

On tonight’s episode...

You've got to admire James May and Richard Hammond for sticking with their fren and leaving with him.
Has anyone watched their new show? I hear it's pretty comfy.

The only good episodes where when they bought shitty cars and drove around some random place

that could be any british show about cars.

> American Pimp my Ride:
> guys modify cars and show us how they do it
>
> British equivalent:
> three pasty Brits whine for an hour about how they couldn't afford the tail lights they wanted

Wheeler Dealers is comfy since Edd & Ant both show you exactly all the little things they do to make the cars right. The American shows that are similar to this just replace the actual work with showing 2-3 obese Mexican cholos and/or white trash hicks goofing off in the shop all day.

Been rewatching the specials. They're great.

Season 1 of The Grand Tour is pretty shit.
Season 2 and in particular 3 are pretty damn good and close to peak Top Gear in terms of quality.

>You've got to admire James May and Richard Hammond for sticking with their fren and leaving with him.

Well yeah they're probably on way more money than they were at the BBC.

I'm rather enjoying the current series of Top Gear with the new presenters.

that's top gear at it's finest, the perfect combination of a road movie and three stooges

The Eco car episode from S1 was pretty comfy

I miss the old studio, Stig, the track and cheep car challenge.

Why did they quit? S4 is just gonna be all specials?
Im confused
Clarkson was already rich I don't think he's in it for the money he just loves cars travelling and shitposting bants with his two mates
Comfy as fuck

they're all filthy rich already and knew the show doesn't work without him but yeah

I just finished watching that episode and it was cringy as fuck. I just started watching season 1 and so far it's just painful to watch. Does it get any better or should I just keep watching Top Gear reruns

It's ok but I feel like they were funnier when operating under constraints.

>jeremy who?

Attached: Chris_Evans_3551211b.jpg (620x387, 50K)

>for sticking with their fren and leaving with him
... because he's the one with the talent and the ideas. Hammond and May would be stage props without Clarkson.

TONIGHT...

Well that's wrong, and you should stop enjoying it immediately.

Chris, it's over. It's not 1995 anymore. Just let it go.

Captian of the Colonies himself

May does kino outside of Top Gear anyway. Hammond's presented some okay science shows.

Just skip to season 2. The Jag episode is especially good.

clarkson pls stop posting

>went through and watched all of it again
>that fucking bloke before May when it becomes nu-oldgear
>when they are ejaculating over 7s 0-60mph speeds

Wheeler dealers sucks ever since they went to the states. Fucking Americans like that dodgy fuck more than the Edd segments. Ant can fuck right off too. Edd working on the car was the only good part of the show. Who cares if some fat fuck made 50 pence profit?

May autism kino shows like Cars of the People and The Reassembler are top tier.

I love top gear a lot but I lost a portion of respect for it that never came back whenever Clarkson did a segment about the evo in which he complained that the car couldn't catch up to some shitty wagon when he was trying to floor it from 6th gear doing 30 mph in fucking 6th gear, and attributing it to turbo lag when he was essentialy just lugging the engine, it was one of the dumbest tests I've ever seen and you ask any regular driver and he will tell you how stupid that is

I always looked at it that you had to endure the slimy Mike segments and his fake cheeriness to get to the good shit of Edd actually working on the car. Ant is a big downgrade from Edd but I guess his personality works for tv where it seems like Edd would really just rather work on the car.

The new Top Gear series with Paddy McGuinness and the cricket bloke are very uncomfortable to watch.
The "humour" is so forced and unnatural and the show seems more scripted than ever before. Chris Harris is probably the only person there who cares about cars.

When Clarkson and the boys were on, it was still scripted, but it seemed less so because of the way it was shot and the fact that all of them work well together and were automotive journalists who know cars.

Attached: Daewoo Tacuma.png (1939x1025, 3.01M)

When will they get rid of this unfunny cunt?

>serious car review bits
Good

>pic related
Fucking bad

>conversation street
Fucking bad and forced

>celebrity brain crash
What the hell

>cheap car challenges
Over the top and staged as hell

>trio goes on a trip abroad
Good

Hard to watch season 1 lads.

Attached: d8V2B0fBQRK_M7XTpR0rmQ.jpg (1662x720, 78K)

>Andrew Flintoff is a TV presenter
The absolute fucking state of the BBC in 2019.

He's gone in s2 and now we have Abby the dyke driver

They're contracts ran out anyway, it's not like they threw away any money

Ant and Mike can burn in hell, Edd did nothing wrong

this fucked prime Billy Piper

S3 Colombia and Mongolia have that old Top Gear special feel

new series is much more comfy than I expected. freddy is unironically a good presenter.

Adam Savage looks horrible.

Prime Billie was at the age of 15. She rapidly mutated into a chubby, goofy goblin-woman after that.

Attached: a58aeecc96117d004a92fc516f836d8f.999x999x1.jpg (999x999, 121K)

youtube.com/watch?v=9U_K76vPGYo

Dude, The Reassembler....

This. Mike can fuck himself. At least in the beginning he gave some advices about used car sales, after that he provided little to no value. The rock bottom was when he started doing repairs himself.

Attached: whealer dealers mike traitor.jpg (768x306, 35K)

They learned from their mistakes of the first season, they even joke about it in the first episode.

Mongolia is up there with the best specials they ever did. Absolute kino and what a beautiful country.

He made a pilot episode of a garage revival, but it has been very silent since. It's weird, as it got quite popular and a lot of people enjoyed that episode.

I like Abby. 99% of the time she just drives. I think she spoke 2 lines in the entirety of S3. Just gets in a car and drives. That's all I want to see in a TG / GT driver and she pulls it off pretty well.

I rewatch the challenges and specials all the time and they still make me laugh.

Edd China wrote a book. You can see him along with Clarkson, May and Hammond on the YouTube channel Drivetribe, but the titles are clickbaity and the content can be a mixed bag.

It's odd how much Billie Piper looks like someone I knew a few years back.
>She rapidly mutated into a chubby, goofy goblin-woman after that.
It's really odd how that happened too.

That show always annoyed me because it shows the work they do, never shows how many hours of labour were put into it, and the sale is always for a paltry profit. It becomes hard to work out if they spent 3 weeks to earn not much which they have to split.

Attached: sad-stig-is-sad_o_4983847.jpg (640x611, 270K)

That was the kino that made top gear stand out. You had an insane road trip, and you had three likeable funny fuckers fucking about in cars, half of the time they've modified in ridiculous ways.

Season one of the grand tour is pretty meh, and far below what the trio are capable of, but after that they got their footing again and we're back to proper high quality stuff. Is it as kino as peak top gear? No not yet, but it's entirely possible they hit the peak again, and they're doing a fine job at the moment

Attached: Jeremy's_Citroen_Stuck.jpg (338x225, 24K)

>the stretch limo challenge
>the amphibious cars challenge
>the convertible people carrier
>the motorhome episode
>the rallycross episode
>all the cheap car challenges
>all the supercar road trips
>the 24h britcar challenge

Attached: comfy frog.jpg (253x229, 48K)

>When you've got all the specials and episode long challenge episodes saved and can access that kino at any time
It's a good feeling

Attached: 1559919829492.gif (333x194, 1.78M)

youtube.com/watch?v=1VTeCiEmR7o
Post your favorite TG clips, lads

Bump

>top gear from here on will be nothing but specials

>no more conversation street
>no more car history and culture documentaries
>no more track times
>no more car showcasing

Damn...

>Why did they quit? S4 is just gonna be all specials?
Yes it will be all specials, no cutting back to the studio. Pretty sure I recall reading that meant no lap times either, no idea if that means an end to all the car reviews too.
I think they just gave up the studio segment crap due to the fact they are all old bastards and it's probably easier to film a bunch of special episodes and just holiday until the next batch instead of going back and forth between Drivetribe, their office, the studio and random filming segments.

Would like some sort of conversation street to continue though.

The American during his laps was the most cringe stuff I ever watched

Most of the first series is nothing but cringe. It seemed like they tried a lot of ideas just so it didn't seem like Top Gear and thankfully they just scrapped them for later series.

The American
Celebrity Brain Crash
That entire playing army episode

I did quite like them showcasing some car culture of the country they were based in for the episode though.

>it’s heart and soul
Based Jeremy

True.
I'd settle for unscripted banter on YouTube or whatever
The formula was dead tguk post clarkson ran it into the ground so I think it's a smart idea to can it

faggot

I'd be well up for it in either a podcast or video format. James has been putting out some pretty fun little videos, having something similar to that which is basically them chatting shit for 15 mins or so would be golden.

>you will never experience that early 00's UK aesthetic again

I miss it so bad and I'm American

Attached: topgear.gif (480x270, 305K)

On the topic of the 3 outside of tgt are they doing anything? Their YouTube seems dead

The Bolivia special is the absolute peak of comfiness. God I miss it.

>>you will never experience that early 00's UK aesthetic again
Ausfag here 00s Aussie TV was so shit I just watched reruns of uktv kino over and over from the 90s
>I miss it so bad and I'm American
Same it really was a strange era
Blackbooks monkey dust spaced Wallace and gromit
Still weird kinos I'm discovering to this day like look around you and Matt Berry does

Wrong. May is top mid-afternoon garage tinkering kino.

Hammond has presented and narrated some pretty decent science docu's.

>no more car history and culture documentaries

That's a shame. Those were some of the best things they ever did. That one about rally history was absolute kino.

This.
I still like clarkson the best (Manly and based)
Then hammond (snipey and smoll)
Then may (too s o y hippy for my taste)

>disliking the army episode
you just posted cringe

Which presenters? The BBC apparently can't keep presenters and they keep having to get new ones.

The Drivetribe Youtube channel seems to be a lot of James May content. I think Hammond has been doing some other shows on the side and not too sure on Clarkson. I know James did a fairly long stint in Japan filming something to do with cars not long back.

Somewhat weird that May is the one who has more of a Youtube presence.
I suggest you watch his The Reassembler episodes for some maximum comfy May TV.

Oh I've seen all that I was just wondering what they've got in the cooker between now and the new specials

CLARKSOOOOOOOOOON

Attached: May pistol.jpg (634x336, 36K)

I got Amazon video just for them. The show is great in my opinion. Just top gear with a different name. However season 3 was the last with that top gear formula. Apparently they're doing new shows with Amazon and the next season of grand tour will be all international specials.
The first scene of the first episode is especially kino
youtube.com/watch?v=_VMFsAKHzHM

>celebrity brain crash
that was kino though

>Final moment of Season 3
>Clarkson tearing up, montage with old Top Gear footage

Who know those 3 old men could cause such feelings.

That Jim Clark segment

bump

>2008-2013
>Sunday nights
>new episodes of Top Gear and Breaking Bad

Attached: 1519806361447.gif (420x314, 1.53M)

I want to Go Back

>the next season of grand tour will be all international specials.
Honestly I prefer this, apart from the challenge episodes these were always the best episodes of Top Gear.