Watched this over the last few days. I don't really like anime but figured I'd give it a go since it's on Netflix

Watched this over the last few days. I don't really like anime but figured I'd give it a go since it's on Netflix.

It was incredible. As the series went on it was like every scene was permiated with a overwhelming existential dread. I have never seen anything like it. It was a perfect example of David Foster Wallace's definition of a Lynchian experience.

What other anime will give me this feel?

Attached: 9137gjCQBRL.jpg (1673x2560, 816K)

none in my experience
i've been chasing that high ever since and nothing else is quite the same
you might like serial experiments lain though

Kare Kano

the new english dub is so fucking bad. If you actually enjoyed it go watch it with the original dub which is actually pretty good in comparrison, or if you are a mega weeb watch it in japanese with subs

Berserk The Golden Age Arc - 3 movies
Devil Man Crybaby
Texhnolyze
Blue Gender
Psycho Pass
Casshern Sins
Future Diary

Attached: 2360screenshot1.png (800x600, 406K)

Aside from a couple dubbed series I saw on kids tv, Eva was pretty much the first anime I saw in high school. On VHS. In the 90s.

I don't think I have yet to see an anime to quite match that feel.

But that's okay. I have found plenty of different anime with different feels I have liked in their own way. But none quite as much as Eva.

Also, Rei best girls. Asuka a shit.

Attached: 1543690199226.jpg (1200x800, 339K)

I looked at the trap, Rei.

Attached: tumblr_inline_mk1cb7Xzpk1qz4rgp.jpg (412x398, 88K)

>Berserk movies
>not Berzerk 97 and the manga
Pleb. 4*C did an okay job, but all it did was retread the 97 series. Then the 2016 series conpletely shat the bed with bad cg animation.

Fuck off shill.

>What other anime will give me this feel?

none user. NGE is pretty much just the peak of the medium. definitely check out lain though. I watched it before Eva and it made watching NGE really easy to understand.

>NGE is pretty much just the peak of the medium

Attached: Akagi hiding from normalfags.jpg (1275x720, 80K)

Then watch Kare Kano, as it is similar to Evangelion and of the same quality.

this You would probably enjoy Utena, Texhnolyze, and Lain. Lain is a lot less emotional than any of the other shows and Utena is some of the purest kino in animation.

I remember hearing about it as another Anno series, but only ever caught a couple eps of it at another anime club in college.

Lain is love.
Let's all love Lain.

Attached: 1561023797455.jpg (1520x1080, 171K)

isn't she ultimately the bad guy tho?

She is a literal angel. Go into her loving arms. All our times have come . Here but now they're gone.
Seasons don't fear teh Rei. Nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain. We can be like they are.

Attached: 20131112_045721.jpg (480x800, 92K)

Kare Kano definitely has Anno's direction and writing(until the later parts of it when the mangaka had a hissy fit) but it sounds to me like OP was more about the themes and overall mood of Eva and Kare Kano is just not like that in this regard other than some of Arima's bits towards the middle.

No. It's fun to see weird interpretations by first time watchers. Trying to figure out how would one come to a conclusion like this. And I'm not bashing you or anything it's just genuinely interesting

t. netflix shill
fuck off, go produce another trash liberal propaganda original series that no one will watch

then again, fans of Eva think Netflix is fucking garbage

So I am torn in supporting all these Eva threads.

Surely anyone browsing Yea Forums knows how to see it without giving Netflix shekels.

Attached: 1560645709178.gif (498x366, 327K)

she betrays gendo but ultimately still merges with lillith so she can proceed with the instrumentality essentially killing everyone on the planet

Instrumentality would have happened regardless by SEELE's method with just unit 01 and Eva series. They didn't need Rei or Lilith for it. Without Rei there would be no possibility of changing the outcome at all.

Do they change the story at all? I saw a headline that they did, but I’m too afraid to be spoiled. I plan on watching this wed-fri during my downtime at work

No they didn't. That headline was probably some retarded fagshipper making a mountain out of a molehill that was never even really there in the first place

>NGE is pretty much just the peak of the medium.
It's not. No anime is.

Madoka Magica

Attached: madoka.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

No. The Netflix version is fine

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Watch the whole thing as a long 4 hour movie. It's much more enjoyable that way.

Attached: puella_magi_madoka_m(1).jpg (2000x1126, 224K)

The original dub cast give more colorful performances and the dialogue is more localized so it sounds natural and entertaining while still retaining the story elements and characterization of the original script.

The Netflix dub is like most modern anime dubs, where it has to be so slavish to the original Japanese script that the characters all sound flat and stilted and the dialogue sounds like they're reading subtitles off the screen and not anything natural or nuanced.

>I musn't run away
>Natural

They both have ups and downs. Both have performers that are better and worse, and script changes that are both better and worse

I don't know lads. I gave this chinese cartoon a go on Netflix the other day and they spoke japanese. Not quite sure what all the fuss is about