Why the capeshit genre makes so much appeal to people...

Why the capeshit genre makes so much appeal to people? It doesn't feel like a child when you walk out of the theater after you watched 2 hours of dudes in leotards representing the most unrealistic and infantile imagination?

Attached: avengers-endgame-poster-square-crop-999x961.jpg (999x961, 1.27M)

Fags like explosions and jokes

I have zero idea. Capeshit is so formulaic and so sloppily done in the technical department that it's impossible for me to enjoy it. It has bacially zero redeeming features.

Kids love capeshit

People don't like films

Also SO MUCH money spent to create something that will be totally forgot the next year. Instead we could help poor people all around the world by using the same amount of money used to make capeshit.

It doesn't have that much appeal, any meme tv show is more popular

It's a form of high escapism, dipshit. High escapism is appealing and sells.

It’s just that good.
Short story : former PhD student in cinema, used to hold a blog about cinema analysis where I would discuss about Bergman, Fellini, Antonioni etc on what vision of cinema was the best approach to this medium.

I used to feel so proud of myself, smug in a way, superior to those Jurassic Park type of people.

And it so happened that one night, a night I will never forget, I took the wrong door at my cinema. Instead of seeing a retrospective of Dreyer works I stumbled upon the Avengers. Of course I immediately wanted to leave, for I didn’t want to be subjected to such a supposedly terrible movie in my eyes.
The theater staff told me that I was not allowed to leave. So I said to myself « all right, let’s see this shit, can’t be worse than a Villeneuve movie anyway».

And just like that, the magic happened, in awe of what I was seeing, I came to realize that these movie are not mere escapism, pure entertainment for the sole purpose of enjoyment.
They were the right use of the medium that is Cinema. They were talking directly to my soul, they were elevating my spirit, opening my chakras in a sense.

And that’s how I cam to watch only marvel movies. Because these movies are saying something profound, deep, about the human condition

You're futrher proving the point that is bad, really bad.

nice pasta retard

Nothing's topped Spider-Man 2 yet.
Whenever I see a big superhero movie people say is great I feel like a drug addict chasing a high, but get disappointed every time because I have a resistance. (a superior film)

It fills the vacuum left by religion.

>this passes for bait in nu/tv/
Big fat yikes from me dog

because of the actors.

No. Millenials and Zoomers have been groomed for this shit since their birth.

I thought it was kinda funny. 7/10

Ppl don't watch movies for realism

They're like regular action movies, but not limited by realism and the genre allows for a lot of variety. You want a capeshit revisionist western? Watch Logan. You want a superhero high school flick? Watch Spider-Man Homecoming. You want a superhero Space Opera? Watch Guardians of the Galaxy. You want a superhero epic with social commentary? Watch Batman v Superman. And so on and so on

I think much of the genres appeals comes from how many things you can do with it.

lol

No people who consume these movies make this reflections before they choose what capeshit watch, they just consume it without making any observations on the cultural aspect whatsoever. As already stated before they are a form of escapism which bring you out of reality, nothing more.

"Capeshit" isn't one genre. That's what makes the MCU so popular. It has a little of everything. It's a bunch of movies with different genres sharing the same universe. Guardians of the Galaxy is just a science fiction movie like Star Wars. Winter Soldier is just an action movie like James Bond. Ant Man is just a comedy. Spiderman is a coming of age story.

The only thing that identifies it as "capeshit" is the costumes and the MCU has been very good at toning down the costumes to not be silly.

Attached: I rigged it.gif (534x300, 630K)

People have been attracted to hero stories since antiquity. Usually they're codified into religions. Heroes like Ulysses or Hercules. Or the gods like Zeus and Thor.
Christianity has devils and angels, saints and Jesus.
People like imagining a fantastical world full of humans with extraordinary powers.

>they are a form of escapism which bring you out of reality
That's literally what all movies are. Even documentaries.

Its normie essential viewing

Pity the humourless. Pity the small witted who can not appreciate satire and see hidden barbs behind every joke.

Because it's NOT a capeshit genre at all but a sitcom dressed up in superhero colours.

If they truly followed or were reverent of the comics' mythology it would have flopped ages ago.

Hw's right though

Because there's barely any limits to it. There are multiple derivatives with different appeals. I like and appreciate "normal movies" but they don't have the appeal of capeshit. People are so intent on being superior to it but the appeal of seeing Captain America pummel a purple CGI alien with Thor's hammer is pretty strong. Can they be flawed or boring? Yes but the moments where it's good is where I find more joy than watching any other genre of film.

>So I said to myself « all right, let’s see this shit, can’t be worse than a Villeneuve movie anyway».
ok I laughed

They may not consciously think about it but that versatility is the reason people didn't get bored of the genre yet when others kinda came and went.

this, but they don't want to go to movies like Transformers, they want to feel superior, so capeshit has ironic humor and Popculture references.

Attached: 1560772406581.jpg (1920x1080, 592K)

"Put away childish things" is about maturing out of childish misconceptions- it's not about literally hiding your comic books and action figures. True adults are secure in their love for whatever they love- those who would bully them for that are the childish ones.
>representing the most unrealistic and infantile imagination
It's fiction, it's not supposed to be realistic.

bump

Imagination and fantasy can be used in artistic and meaningful ways, capeshit has nothing of that.