Let's talk Stephen King adaptations

Let's talk Stephen King adaptations.

Attached: Maximum-Overdrive-4k-Stephen-King-Featurette.jpg (798x420, 17K)

it's impossible to name 5 that are good

>Shawshank Redemption
>Dolores Claiborn
>The Secret Window
>Green Mile
>The Shining
>Stand by Me
>Carrie
>1408

All good, most great. All without King involved.

And then there's the flood of King adaptions where he was involved in the production, all of which are 100% trash.

Green Mile
Misery
The Shining
Stand By Me
Mist

Stand By Me
Shawshank Redemption
The Shining
Dolores Claiborne
Apt Pupil

>Apt Pupil
not good, with that material it should have been great

Awesome list, but only havent seen Dolores Claiborn, rundown on that?

go watch it then, it's great. no horror, just a drama. but 10/10

Shining
IT old one
Desperation
Christine 1983
Needful Things

>IT old one
>Desperation
>Christine 1983
>Needful Things
this is bait, right? right?

No? A bait would be something like langoliers

I like them, too, except needful things because the effects are trash, but I would never list them to anyone else as "good". I also like Rose Red, Sleepwalkers and Pet Sematary, but they are all pretty trashy

>but they are all pretty trashy
but the trashy part makes them better 2bh.

the other top 5's are all by plebs,
>Pet Sematary
>The Stand
>The Dead Zone
>Firestarter
>Silver Bullet

those are literally the worst

Was The Mist considered bad? I watched it years ago and any time I've brought it up, people think I'm talking about that ghost movie The Fog because they've never heard of it.

I only ever see people on here saying they like it. It's a good movie, and probably has the most depressing and devastating ending I have ever seen. Even King loves the ending.

The end and the way everyone quickly falls in to a desperate cult clique really stuck with me. Which is why I'm always disappointed nobody seems to know it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190625-115147.png (1440x1328, 286K)

This list is good and doesn't even go for the low hanging fruit of shawshank.

Running Man

There are some good adaptations but as a lifelong fan i gotta say 50% of his books are boring as fuck. Just finished Doctor sleep and goddamn that book was a bore. Looking forward to Dorma Key though, they say its one of his best.

Anyone an opinion what his best books of the last 10, 15 years have been? just in case i am missing sth.

An actual Running Man adaptation would be really cool, but it's unfortunate that it would never happen.

Not anything recently. My favorites are still The Regulators (for something weird and out there) and The Long Walk for something actually shockingly good.

It started a classic franchise.

Attached: $.jpg (675x1000, 90K)

It started with a 3/10, everything that came afterwards was even worse. Not even the source material is really good, I never understood how people could like it

Unironically, Malachai and Isaac.
The rest may suck, but the villains are a lot of fun.

Better than Creepshow 2, desu. James Woods does a great job in Quitters inc, and The Ledge is just fantastic.

Attached: $.jpg (652x1000, 140K)

I DO COCAIIINE

Misery is pretty fucking awesome. Fuck THAT scene.

It is kinda meh horror movie but it has the best horror film ending of all time

what thew fuck happened with The DArk Tower? I mean I'm not even talking about the race stuff.I could give a fuck about Roland being black (all though I don't think anyone pictured him that way) It was the most milque toast , bland , hodepodged thrown together peice of ahit that took no riskes. How the fuck do you not start with : "the man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed"

What? Cock up ur ass tranny

>I'm the fag for not liking an incredibly bad movie
Know who likes that movie, too? Doug Walker

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-25 14-47-13.png (1204x680, 744K)