And that's a good thing

And that's a good thing

Attached: 8E909D8D-9B81-4ED6-9BC3-CD9B832E56DC.jpg (1125x1611, 632K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FckkZihQUaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Netflix damage control is real

>woman
of course

She's right, it's totally okay

As long as you admit you're a pleb while doing so

Why is their logo so colorful?

gay month

Eva is not that good. It's adored here because it was the first mature anime people saw.
Fuck OP for putting up a Kotaku article though.

They're celebrating the Noahic covenant.

She's thicc

Attached: Dzsta_nX4AAZJrG.jpg (1418x2048, 289K)

Is it just me, or am I the only one bothered by the show using timers way too often to create pressure in Monster of the Week episodes? Like, half the Angels are killed with maybe a second left.

> 01 loses electricity source and nearly runs out of power just before defeating the Angel
> 01 just manages to shoot the pyramid before 00s shield collapses
> The UN Mech reinserts rods a second before collapsing
> The Angel that needs synchronization dance is defeated on last second
> The bomber Angel is perfectly defeated on last second
> Hacker angel almost overruns Magi with just a second to spare

kinda jarring

Attached: 1561453262510.jpg (630x415, 32K)

sure of course it's ok to be a retard pleb with no taste

>"kotaku"
>hates everything from japan

Oh and of course "colonizing" jap culture is okay.

>Its okay to not like thing

Wow thanks Kotaku! I'll make sure to keep that in mind next time I watch a film, as long as its in the imdb top 250

Trash anime for children, should be reading manga like Togaf-U and Zaggin!
Real talk this shit is childish TRASH.

Reminder that it's pronounced 'Eee-van-jelly-on'

Eva deserves more criticism but Kotaku pointed all the WRONG reasons.

>alright bros we need to do a series about puberty and how to overcome your own fears and sometimes you don´t. Like basic human interaction and relationships
>but just making some drama is boring as fuck
>Anno: why don´t we put them into mechas and fight some aliens?
based as fuck

god i fucking hate kotaku and its abhorrent network of activists trying to hijack everything for their political fanatism

Attached: 1547656241452.jpg (430x650, 41K)

It's okay to admit it's overrated, but straight up not liking it?

I actively dislike the series, but I don't care if others do or don't.

so i´m a pleb because i could not stand the constantly whining MC. got it

Attached: 1478132063710.png (576x510, 33K)

yes

the strong point of the show was never really the battles

That's because it's a cartoon for children.

Shinji is too unrelatable.

Absolutely, yes

he's supposed to be unlikable

Attached: 29340982_10215041419006859_574003374_n (1).png (100x168, 10K)

No thats just fat and disgusting

Yes, you're a pleb for not liking Eva as a whole. Everybody hates Shinji, even he hates himself.

So was the Annoying Orange, but that doesn't make it a good series.

>oh look the newshitters discovered Neon genesis evangelion
You're all faggots, kill yourselves, posers, die.

I understand why women don't like Evangelion. Asuka is the perfect girl and womens' only emotion is envy and wrath. I would be mad too if I was a retarded, inferior 3d woman. Women should just kill themselves.

Attached: 1548925702072.jpg (1662x2000, 1.09M)

>dislike anime for being retarded
>people tell me to watch evangelion because it's not like the others and amazing even if you dislike anime
>watch a few episodes
>the guy awkwardly talks to a girl and somehow the situation turns into her being completely naked lying on top of him silently by accident
>turn it off and never watch it again
why do i ever listen to people here

I really dislike the series. It would not been as popular here if it wasn't on Toonami when most people here were at a lot more impressionable age.

It's popular because weebs try to imitate japs. it's popular in japan because japs have superior taste in almost everything

Attached: 1409744041282.webm (640x272, 2.86M)

each to his own

It's popular because it has waifus and has the closest thing you can get to legally fucking your mom while being disguised as a robot show.

It has good animation for a TV anime. That's honestly reason enough for any kinosseur to give it a try.

I think this was more to make the weirdness of the latter half of the season hit harder desu. You start off with these seemingly realistic mechanic limitations and end of with bio-horror .

When people recommend Eva what they're really doing is recommending the second half of the TV run and EoE. The show doesn't really hit it's stride until episode 13 and the ending is a bit of a mess but the movie is pure unrefined kino.

>kotaku
Literally fuck off and die.

>profile picture
>real life

Attached: bye nigga.gif (220x220, 118K)

no man I watched it recently and it's unironically the best thing Anime has to offer. The last 6 episodes are something you cannot find anywhere else

Naruto also has good animations at certain episodes.

Only this month. After you can go back to lynching them in the streets.

you mean one of every fifty episodes? yeah that's a fair comparison guess nge is literally naruto

Evafags are just HxHfags from another era.

How in the fuck is someone writing articles about anime on a big anime site and they've never even watched NGE and are just recently finishing up Fullmetal Alchemist? Why would anyone want to read the opinion of someone who doesn't even like the thing they're writing about?

>upset gays
>WAAAAAAAAAAH Evangelion is problematic!!

Attached: 1464167797411.png (2048x1464, 2.2M)

Evangelion is too redpilled for SJW.

Because she have a vagina. That's more than enough for these clickbait sites.

Well yeah it's an homage to the older kids mecha shows, what do you think Jet Alone is?

Just passing through to remind everyone that Kiss to is best girl

Neon Jellyfish Eel van Jelly-on

>autocorrect
*Misato, that's what I get for being a dumb smelly phoneposter

Clown month celebration

>kotaku
Whatever the reasons listed in that shit article, at its core it is correct. Evangelion is a generic school battle harem with mechas.

I've never seen evangelion because i hate everything popular, but now that fagtakuk hates it i will love it

Were SEELE on the show Nohahic too?

Ew yuck lose some fucking weight fattie no wonder you have shit taste

Attached: giphy.gif (300x169, 897K)

>Evangelion is a generic school battle harem with mechas.
>I watched two episodes
>now let me tell you what this is about

Youve never even watched the goddamn show so why shit post? If you find this is for children never breed, but please have sex.

I second this

>Shinji VA is female
>Netflix decide to hire Tranny for dub
>Obviously Shinji a tranny

Attached: 1561357947893.png (901x896, 855K)

Nice implications there. Even school battle harems have some sort of major plot, but that doesn't mean they are something more than a generic school battle harem.

It was never on toonami dude

>school battle harems
You keep saying that and you keep saying you've never watched the show, at least not all of it.

>dub

Ok there, anime pro.

Attached: iKjVUPh.png (640x480, 441K)

>During the week of February 24–28, 2003, Cartoon Network aired on Toonami "Giant Robot Week," a five-day special based on mecha series, which were licensed by A.D. Vision. The series shown were Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gigantor, Robotech, Martian Successor Nadesico, and Dai-Guard

Name a bigger fag in fiction than Shinji. You can't.

you can't trust women on the internet, nosirr

>but some changes are good
>like the fact that a tranny is voicing the mc
yeah this must just be inherently a good thing, nevermind that xe's literally worse than the original but any amount of criticism is obviously just my deepseated hatred

That's exactly the sort of thing I would tell a pleb demanding to be spoonfed, though. EVA has some clear gnostic themes that are obscure enough to activate some almonds.

Wastn't the woman who dubbed Asuka an absolute madwoman?

>generic school battle harem
>EVA has some clear gnostic themes that are obscure enough to activate some almonds.
We are reaching the impossible levels of "I watched only entry-level newfaggot friendly shit" thingy here.

Based Tiffany.

Yeah hes whiny but you would hate being forced to fight for your life unexpectedly for your cunt of a dad as well. Hes just lucky that mechs are ultr powerful pussy magnets.

Animation is for children, get over it.

>Normalniggers don't like NGE anymore for promoting "incel culture."
This can't be real, right guys? It couldn't possibly have gotten this bad, could it?

That's like the definition of pleb filter, yes.

Attached: DESKTOP.jpg (3840x2160, 1.03M)

Normies never liked NGE.

>I had only seen half of Evangelion’s 26-episode run, at which point I had decided that Gainax’s classic coming-of-age mecha anime was not resonating with me.
lol sure

Just remember that they're not real zealots and that it's all just outrage clickbait because their pathetic websites can't survive any other way. Don't be mad at them. Laugh at them.

Why do these articles always come at this topic in the most half assed passive aggressive way?

Personally. I found NGE to be a overhyped mess that got entirely up it's own ass in the second half. Just fucking say that. It's for edgy suburban kids who feel like outsiders to relate to. Just say that.

Don't justify your salt. Live in it.

If you didn't watch Eva 20+ years ago you should kill yourself, the last thing we need is newshitters picking it up.

nice quads

>Don't justify your salt. Live in it.
You need to go back. Nice reddit spacing also.

>pussy faggot cries for 26 episodes the show

Wow why dont people like this?!?

>It's not OK to watch Evangelion 23 years late
Now that would be a good article.

Why?

>Reddit spacing
This thread isn't going places so I'm just going to ask this. What the fuck does that mean?

Carriage return after quotes like this.

I've never seen either of those, but I've still seen half a thousand shows.

Imagine paying money to watch the butchered version when you could have torrented it uncensored at any time.
>b-but it's the normies they only watch netflix!
So why is this getting spammed on Yea Forums? What do those NPCs have to do with this site?

Attached: 531d51eeb3fef8499372ecaf280db5b86c70fcb8386bba28d0a7f10fe6213e13.jpg (800x450, 42K)

Yea Forums is a normalfag board

And here we see yet another example of generic being completely misapplied. It's a dead word.

It's for children in America.

>uncensored
is it censored?

The EDs are gone

it means you had a valid point and it hurt user's feelings

Daily reminder: if you watch anime you're the equivalent of an 11 year old boy and will amount to nothing in life. Women will be disgusted by you forever and deservedly so

>Cast a transwoman as a man
Isn't this transphobic?

Yea Forums is trannies sub-reddit

>117136091
Limp wristed, s󠛡oy flavored repartee more suited for reddit

I feel old now. Like the world just kind of passed me by.

it's a good show but the fans act like it's the pinnacle of art
it's like the radiohead of anime

>weeb thinks Japan is special
Aww bless, you'll grow out of your samurai sword phase soon. Hopefully.

Back to facebook normie

all the women I know like anime more than they like people

It is always ok to not like something even if communist conditioning says you must like some things.

It seems like every month has something to do with blacks, women or gays...

Oh no, how will I live without the approval of roasties.

Japan is a different country than America. In Japan, animation isn't for children. Different countries have different cultures. Read a book.

>he actually believes this

You're going to be a virgin forever

don't tell me this is from the article

We just called that a section break back in the day. Why the fuck is a basic writing practice Reddit?

>All woman
>I know
Your mom must be pity of you

jokes on you faggot I also have a sister

>I am too dumb to see it so it's not there
lol

it is

Attached: 1559044112203.jpg (320x320, 10K)

[Spoiler]I've been here for 10+ years. The space between lines used to be a /tg/ thing because otherwise arguments would turn into walls of text that would hit the character limit. This is not even a "you're a newfag" claim but God you made me realize I have to fucking leave this site and go to other places.

I read the article and it's just nothing. It's a blog entry about a show she didn't watch, then she watched and that's all. No reason at all about why it's ok not to like, no criticism... it's just nothing.

It means they're a newfag who doesn't realize we've been separating sentences with double returns for easy reading since day 1

it's real fuckin annoying

It's the most normalfag anime there is

Yea, except it is for children though. Or man children. Adults do not watch cartoons.

Lurk for 2 years before posing again, trannies

It's just a meme to try and turn the collective against someone. "He's not from here, he's from reddit!" When it was being discussed once, people were saying "in the past people from here wouldn't do it." Then some literal autist went through a portion of an old Yea Forums archive and found many such instances of that spacing. They were to significant in number to be outliers.

That’s DBZ and pokemon

>Be Netflix
>Pushing your GAY AGENDA in every show in almost every scene.

>Somehow you censore in the only legit gay moment in japanese anime

WHY?

Attached: 021cd42812f18b360abe235edd5e474a.png (488x815, 571K)

>Normies never liked NGE.

>Evan Jelly (On)
u jelly?

wow thanks I could never have figured that out myself

Tumblr, reddit loves NGE
They love Self-inserting MC because he tranny

>Implying I know how to torrent

I fucking wish I was an 11 year old boy.

sure bud

Attached: sure bud.jpg (1002x870, 118K)

It was actually pretty important in Japan.

>another netflix shit thread

>epic win
>i agree so much
yikes, old Yea Forums is basically reddit

Wait they cut bits out? What is this 1996?

Pretty much.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, Attack on Titan, DragonBall, Naruto, Sailor Moon, YuGiOh, One Piece and Pokemon are all normie-er than Evangelion.

unironically yes

Most anime isn't made for children, and anime and cartoons aren't the same thing. Do you also think that gun ownership is common in Japan? It must be, since it's common in America.

I fucking remember that goddamn image.

>implying yikes, oof, cringe etc. are any different beyond the veil of """irony"""

Attached: 1546362348194.png (960x675, 826K)

>babbys first pseudo 2deep4u animu

It's honestly cute. :)

It's not, it's a forced meme

To be clear, the article is fucking terrible, but there is one good point in it, about how a lot of people who watched Eva, and a lot of other anime, only did it because they felt they *had* to, and because anime is consumerist by design, most anime fans watch whatever's popular, not to glean any artistic merit, just for notches on their belt, and sites like MyAnimeList are terrible, because they use checklists to breed a culture of epeen measurement at the expense of legitimate discussion.
THAT part is true.
The rest of it can die in a fire, because the article writer tries to say it's okay to watch only a few episodes of whatever, regardless of how many episodes are in a given series, and doesn't even bother to mark the differences between closed 12-24 episode series and ongoing shit like Naruto, but whatever.

The fuck are you on about? I'm not a burger you dumb cunt. Cartoons are for children the world over. Japan is no different. Adults look down on other adults that watch cartoons because it's childish.

>because anime is consumerist by design, most anime fans watch whatever's popular, not to glean any artistic merit, just for notches on their belt
I don't see how this is related to the claim that anime is consumerist by design.

You may not be a burger but you are repeating burger ideas. It's a burger idea that animation must be for children. Japan IS different, it just factually is. You're brainwashed.

I disagree with that user as well because there are plenty of motivators behind "having to watch something to fit in." But consumerism is one such type of motivator, like "keeping up with the Joneses" but for weebniggers

Because there's always new anime coming out all the time, and there's particular pressure to stay up-to-date with the new releases. So the people with the most influence in a given community happen to be the people who've seen the *most*, not necessarily the *best*, which means it's next to impossible to actually discuss a given series with any real depth.

Compare this to, for example, a professor of literature at a college, who most likely got his bonefides writing a thesis about the purpose of the potato in James Joyce's Ulysses, and not just giving the dean a huge list of all the books he's ever read.

How does it relate to consumerism, and what makes it consumerist in a way that live action isn't?

I get that, but I don't see the connection to consumerism.

does netflix also have the movie?
because I can´t even imagine how pissed people must have had been when the anime originally aired.
I watched it years later online so I was able to just jump to the true ending.

it is produced for money and consumed by consumers, so it relates to consumerism
>in a way that live action isn't
I don't see how live action also being consumerist applies, but I'm not the user who made either

No mate, you are. Japanese adults think other "adults" and "men" who watch anime are children and pathetic.

Am I the only one who prefers the original ending to EoE?

By that standard there's nothing that sets it apart from anything else, like live action. Game of Thrones is made for money made for consumption.

Most anime isn't made for children. Anime is produced in Japan, is a product of Japanese culture and society, and is primarily aimed at Japanese audiences. It makes no sense to claim that Japan has the exact same attitudes towards animation that America does. Only a brainwashed person could think like this.

they are the same ending told in two different ways, and I prefer the movie since there is more detail and epic Rei hugs

Attached: rei attack.gif (480x360, 1.93M)

Wew you could have said a lot but that’s the one thing i’ll hit you with a yes for.

>By that standard there's nothing that sets it apart from anything else, like live action.
not sure how you could even begin to reach that conclusion. Things can be consumerist and still have differences. Anyways, both GoT and NGE were tv shows produced for money. In financial purposes they are the same, but obviously they have differences in production, people involved, techniques used, country of origin, and so on...

Attached: have a single fact.jpg (207x253, 17K)

no I think it´s 50/50 or close to it. i just don´t understand how anybody could prefer an "ending" that literally was just reused clips because the ran out of money.
the episode "ending" says so little that it could honestly be anything.
meanwhile the EoE is clear but also still vague enough that people can interprete it a bit

no, it's not ok not to like it!

Attached: 1547410148627.jpg (448x412, 11K)

Nobody saw Eva first on Toonami, idiot.

that guy was supposed to be gay right? or am I confusing him with the girl

Live action shows are made for money. They're made to be "consumed by consumers." What's the difference?

That particular trope wasn't so abused when the show first aired, lil zoom.

It feels weirder in its no budget ways, it adds to the disintegration of the normalcy that the series build in its second half. It feels more fitting to me.

The entire article is the girl whining about how she had to watch the entire show despite being paid to talk about anime.

She busted out the fucking stupidest strawman I've seen in a while as well.

Ive dm'd with her on Twitter. I didn't know she's a that thicc. Looks better in her pics. Ah well..

Attached: 55CCC935-14BF-44B0-AB77-28852F2C5E95.jpg (671x665, 50K)

>and what makes it consumerist in a way that live action isn't?
anime comes out in seasons (spring, summer ect) and most only have episodes for 1 or 2 of those seasons, very few shows get a break and a 2nd or 3rd season unlike live action where you get a season every year for 5 years. anime is made to be a flash in the pan then forgotten by the time the next season starts. its disposability makes it more consumerist

>doesn't even make it to the real NGE
>says it's not for them

Attached: 1549692429291.gif (250x220, 1.58M)

>ah-bloo-bloo
Anyway go get her user. I support you

Fuck me, this is so goddamn true.

Yeah, it was the girl that was gay.
This guy is apparently a clinical psychopath though, he literally didn't care about anyone enough for teh rei to bait him with.

As someone who loves both NGE and Radiohead I must say, this is extremely accurate.

for me eva has always been more about visuals then story
and the movie is were most of the really iconic and unique stuff is from

Attached: eva.png (1153x634, 323K)

A show isn't disposable just because it's short, nor is it a thought-provoking masterpiece for the ages because it ran for X seasons. A lot of American shows also get cancelled after one season or two seasons or even before the first season has even finished. Swamp Thing's cancellation was announced after the first episode.

>Shinji is a woman hating incel.
Asuka treats him like shit, if banging her was supposed to be so crucial to saving the world like it was in EOE, then let it end.

This is kind of depressing both because of what I used to think was cool and the innocence I've lost

Yeah, I understand. I like the visuals of the original show better too. Editing is really weird and unique, and most visual are jarring and offputting instead of the grandiloquent spectacle of EoE.

kino

I seriously hope none of you retards talks like this in real life.

>it's really good if you don't count the first half of the series and the last parts, but the 20% of it that's left is really worth it!
>also don't mind the terrible protagonist

anime is seen as being disposable, even if they were highly regarded when airing. people rarely watch older stuff because every 4 months there's a flood of new shows to obsess over

>no goyim, keep consuming our propaganda. dont watch anything outside our influence

Attached: jew.jpg (501x504, 72K)

>people rarely watch older stuff

Source: (Your) ass

It's not anime's problem that people only watch the current stuff in order to fit in and socialize, and if American shows had the same scheduling it would produce the same outcome.

>people rarely watch older stuff compare to the new stuff
most people watch a few shows currently airing and maybe 1 or 2 older shows. no one sits down and watches 10 shows from 10 years ago + AoT season 3

Who else here legitimately likes Eva as a monster of the week kaiju show

it only becomes a problem if the industry collapses because it has spread itself too thin with too little quality, and that doesn't seem to be happening

Most people don’t watch 10 shows in a single year. Your standard is too high.

There's no where else to go lad. This is the end of the universe

Did you even read the headline?

Why do you keep discussing this? Last time there was only one Evangelion spammer in this board. Now it's like 10 people

Attached: E684E0E2-C893-4173-833E-BF7E6B5673F2.jpg (1188x796, 192K)

im watching 7 currently airing + NGE and K-on. more than average sure but i dont think 3 shows per seasons is massively high

>first mature anime people saw.
name one that has more depth or is more mature

Gay pride year celebration.

>kaiju
/m/ would have a field day with this post

gits, berserk

Grave of the Fireflies.

Welcome to piss earth.

>kotaku
fuck off

This is just Harry Potter with mechs

Ashita no Joe.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

The Rose of Versailles

Eva is like Zack Snyder movies. People pretend both are JUST SO DEEEEEEP. I you dont like it YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND IT BRAINLET

Attached: 1560559347898.gif (343x338, 15K)

>normalfags trying to get into critically acclaimed anime
stick to capeshit

the sheer pseudo intellectualism in this thread

Rewatching the series now and yeah, the weird editing really adds to it somehow. The scene cuts are sometimes very abrupt and jarring, and other times they linger longer than you'd expect and relax you. I know it was a budget and time constraint thing, but on my second watch, I actually really like the minute+ single frame takes. Misato meeting Shinji at the train station was great, because it's essentially the first time anyone in the series shows they actually care where he ends up, plus he decides to nut up and stay, so it's quite a big moment for him. First time I watched it was last year, so I was watching with a "here come the memes" mindset. Second time through has been superior so far, knowing the story and what to expect is a boon.

Monster

I didn’t really care for the first part of the series, liked but didn’t loved second half but EoE blew me away. How much of a pleb am I

Planetes

Those are not as deep, the character writing isn't as good and don't get me started on the themes. Berserk is a manga and the anime doesn''t cover the best parts. Maybe Utena

>shitty Top 10 anime from the 90s
>along with Cowboy Bebop
>hE's sUpPoSeD tO bE uNliKaBle
fuck off

its impossible to quantify depth or maturity. all those certainly count maybe more or less than NGE but they all came out in the late 90's yes?

>n-no those don't count because I say so
>please disregard that I've been BTFO by 7 people

but he is, no one looks at shinji and thinks wow hes so lovable and cool, this isn't SAO. the show is about his growth not looking badass fighting big monsters

Rose, LoGH, Joe and Grave are all before Eva came out.

ASUKA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Attached: 15614625.png (976x667, 989K)

Why would they make the main character so insufferable and mentally damaged, then feature an absolute Chad like Kaji? Shinji rolling through Nerv like an alpha, banging ass and dispatching angels with ease doesn't make for a compelling story - a traumatized teen barely hanging onto his sanity does.

Why do manchildren think their cartoon has any substance to it or even good?

youtube.com/watch?v=FckkZihQUaU

What, in your eyes, constitutes a "good" show?

>the medium dictates quality
unironically kys

Sopranos

I always hide my power level.

>medium dictates quality
Yeah. Whether diarrhea or solid, it's still shit.

Berserk and Vinland saga
Both deal with idea with why people desire to life

pagliacci's birthday is today

Attached: 1560926163918.jpg (291x426, 31K)

ENDURANCE RUN

Shinji is Trans, Xe just hasn't accepted it yet

It's not a cartoon.

No one checked this? For shame

The monster fights are unironically the best parts of NGE

I remember when hating evangelion was cool. Now the zoomers are trying to make it popular again

when shinji isn't having a mental breakdown about fighting them

checked again

Yes it is weeb

Who cares what is or isn’t cool, NPC?

>being this retarded

It isn't, and you can't prove that I'm a weeb.

I don't think evangelion works at all if you don't like anime considering the point of the show is to upset people that like it
that scene is a perfect example of a trope being picked apart, in any other anime the female in that situation would react violently and the whole thing would be a gag played for laughs
instead it just makes you uncomfortable because Rei doesn't do shit about it, cluing you in that there's something else at play
if the cinematography and aesthetics alone didn't draw you in though then it's just not gonna be your thing
if you don't like anime, the best anime to watch would be cowboy bebop, samurai champloo, or just stick to movies
ghost in the shell: sac if you like heavy handed western philosophy

is being cool even cool anymore? nihilism and apathy seems to be whats hip these days

Right, mental breakdowns < monster fights

Most anime is made for teenagers. The few anime made for adults all air on obscure networks at 1am in Japan, while children's shows like GeGeGe no Kitaro air at primetime. IIRC, one punch man still airs at 2am JST.
In Japan grown men are certainly mocked over obsessing about Evangelion past a certain age

If I liked heavy handed undergrad tier phil, then I'd just NGE!

Teenagers are an American bogeyman used to discredit things they don't like.

>The few anime made for adults all air on obscure networks at 1am in Japan
The majority of anime airs around that time.

>In Japan grown men are certainly mocked over obsessing about Evangelion past a certain age
Evangelion is one of the biggest anime ever in Japan and only exploded in popularity after it was aired late in the evening.

Normies were a mistake

I did you weeb fuck.

>and womens' only emotion is envy and wrath
Like Asuka?

shinji is such an unlikable faggot, He reminds me of the one dude at work who nobody likes because he doesn't do shit and just whines all day

> Late 90s to early 2000s
> omg Shinji is literally me
> Now
> He's such an unlikeable faggot, but he is supposed to that's the idea so it's fine

I'd let her Analtasio my D' if you know what I mean.

>and womens' only emotion is envy and wrath
That's literally Asuka you fucking spaz

agreed

kys

Honkin

Undercover blue checkmarks use all blue boards.
They discuss whats trending in normietown because thats all the content they can have.

Eva is really a series where you can't judge it until you've watched all of it + EoE, and I normally hate that argument. It changes so much over the course of the series that you can't stop like at episode 12 and judge the whole thing.

are you going to sex

well get ready for the anime normie train it's in full speed already

Shinji is still a little bitch throughout though

Attached: IMG_2933.png (178x200, 12K)

probably, but she just genuinely loved the show too.

checked

Is that all?

I’m actually fine with the fact they cut out the faggot romance. Made the show that much better.

that was the only genuine love Shinji ever got since mum got robofied, you demon

Attached: IMG_3326.jpg (1053x671, 84K)

I personally thought the new Shinji dilation scene was a bit much

True

Makoto was gay for Ritsuko. If he was gay, I dunno Kaji would have shown up. He's just a pure volcel my dude.

Being a faggot is a sickness. No matter how good of a person you are, if you are a faggot, you’re sick in the head.

bro are u dumb they couldnt air this on toonami

I'm 25 retard

Not yet she isn't.

Attached: brosnan.jpg (211x239, 8K)

In the original draft Shinji wanted to fuck but Kowaru friendzoned him hard. All this gay uproar confuses me, Kowaru is an ancient alien God that shows love unconditionally to Shinji and humanity, he doesn't even comprehend sexuality.

>25
Lol come to me when you’re a 30+ yo lifelong anime expert.

It's fag time.

Epic fail.

NGE is a series designed to make people that didn't go to actual higher education feel smart by giving them a bargain for several intro to various bullshit (psych, philosophy, religion) courses, but taught on a sub junior college level. It's good that they're expanding their minds beyond the mcu, but it's silly when they profess some deep knowledge or understanding because they are fans of the series. I hope they at least pirate it for maximum value.

I don’t know, lads. Everyone has hyped this up for years and I’m kind of disappointed. I saw a lot of the plot points coming and the revelations not that insightful. I’m sure it would’ve blew my mind when I was a teenager. Feel like I missed out on the right time to enjoy this, I guess. Still well made and had some cool scenes. Misato best girl.
t. Twenty-two year old white male

if only she got rid of the nose ring

Attached: when you see a thick goddess.gif (413x233, 2.62M)

Because they're faggots.

Jesus Christ

Attached: fuck.png (670x582, 75K)

Most "higher education" today is just some left wing drivel that's worse than useless.

>Twenty-two year

You’re still a kid. And very much one. Don’t get in over your head.

>I cover anime for Kotaku
>hasn't seen NGE
I'm not even a weeb and this makes me mad

They showed the first 2 episodes and had Misato wearing a bathing suit in the bath, come on.

Attached: master.jpg (1200x750, 102K)

lmao the only anime I've ever watched are:
>pokemon pffft
>digimon pfffft
>FMA/Brotherhood
I'm by no means an anime fan, but if it's your fucking JOB to know about a subject, then don't bitch about not having enough time to go on bike rides and bake pastries

Well yeah, I called those the bullshit topics. Although I do agree with you that degrees are too expensive unless you're getting stem (and you can really remove the T from that these days because you can self teach and certify for a lot of computer shit) or business degrees.

I've never seen it either, but most people who've seen NGE don't even know why it was so important for the industry.

Tried to watch it a couple months ago, dropped it about halfway through. I dunno, never really engaged me. I liked Asuka though.

Get off Yea Forums, old man.

>animu is dying
>NGE happens
>animu industry booms
whoaaa

It did more than just be really popular.

Fight me IRL, kid. I’m 40. I will fucking crush you and your piece of shit fatherZ

Fag pride month.

>Mindful of its status as a classic magnum opus, I kept thinking of the anime that followed it that touched me more: Madoka Magica

OK no there's no way this article isn't baitu of the highest order

no

No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
Ahhhh...
(Oooh ahhhh)
So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking

Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Sopranos has literal shot for shot remakes of evangelion sequences lmao

What

>woman doesnt understand kino

Attached: 1440596457939.jpg (604x369, 47K)

Do pathetic manchildren really think this?

where

>weebs are this delusional

Attached: 1533663638794.jpg (650x752, 47K)

Who the hell reads all these "think pieces"? I mean really, who cares?

Attached: 1502112213844.jpg (465x433, 25K)

mentally ill..daddy issues

>watched it ages ago
>didn't understand 25 and 26
>watched it yesterday the whole thing
>finally understood the episode 25 and 26 plus how it related to EoE and its characters
Damn. Found it boring back then and the quick cuts didn't help at the time.
Kinda want to watch it again. By the way hows Rebuild movies and how/where do they fit?
I never understood why people don't pronounce like this.

Attached: d45.jpg (1440x1080, 265K)

The first time I remember hearing my Mum swear was calling shinji a bitch in that episode when he runs away.

>look at me! I´m 25, I´m Old!!
you are a baby, evangelion is almost older than you.

It wasn't the full series that aired. These were samplings. Back in the day Toonami was solid with a line-up provided by Pioneer, FUNi, and Bandai. ADV wanted in on that action, only ADV didn't understand how little the other studios were charging to air their series as a boost in DVD sales.

FUNi charged a nominal amount for DB/Z/GT before they were bought by a bigger company. DB was all FUNi had and they were happy to get it on air as for awhile all they sold were dub only DVDs.

Bandai charged very little and a few times nothing to air their series depending on how the last series did. For Bandai it was all free advertising. Gundam turned into a huge toy seller on top of DVDs. Cowboy Bebop, Big O and Outlaw Star were huge DVD sales and toy sales for the few released. Enough that CN paid for a commercial spot on Bandai DVDs to advertise Toonami and that afforded Bandai 3 new shows to license. Later CN would fund Sunrise to produce a second Big O season as it was one of their top ratings earners.

Pioneer split the cost of re-dubbing and editing Tenchi Muyo with CN, but it put anime on the map for so many people with that silly harem sci-fi series. Pioneer offered almost every series after Tenchi Muyo for free to CN to air. Many were taken up if they required little to no editing. Pioneer (soon Geneon) would even record alternate "safe for air" lines early in case CN wanted a show while dubbing them through their various contract studios.

>cont

ADV wanted in on the action and a serious chunk of change for each show. Especially Eva. Eva was demanding somewhere in the 6 figure range to air the show as ADV had zero idea how these things went. CN laughed and said no. No anime series cost more than 5 figures to start for a license. The episode counts are low, the audience is limited, and the budget is not that large outside of internal series to run on the network.

ADV whined and cried. Slammed CN repeatedly. Started their own "network" which was just an early streaming service. Eventually this brought ADV nothing and they offered up a handful of shows first episodes to CN for a nominal fee as a first taste thinking it would get a demand going. No one gave a fuck. Eva was easy to buy on DVD and anyone who wanted to have seen it had seen it by then.

>former CN employee

So she pity's you as well. No Joke is still on you.
Even if the woman you know like anime. They will not want to associate with a boy/man who like anime. Chads don't watch cartoons. especially "muh feels" cartons.

It's pronounced with a "ge" sound: エヴァンゲリオン.

This did give ADV a chance to slap "As seen on Toonami" stickers on a bunch of stagnant DVDs besides their own shitty "As seen on the Anime Network" stickers.

Anime and cartoons aren't the same thing, and there are popular anime that are watched by a lot of people who don't otherwise really watch anime. Kanye West is a known fan of Akira.

Your mom watched anime?

Thanks for the explanation, user.

Attached: anime guy.jpg (425x319, 28K)

Yeah she has trouble sleeping so we'd watch the cheap nerd shit they used to play late at night in the 90s.
Stargate, startrek and the like. Don't get me wrong she only watched because it was there I doubt she has like a crunch roll account or anything.