Original run has beaten Avaturds original run

Original run has beaten Avaturds original run.

Attached: 5760CD30-BD92-4023-B330-D8BB7C23A744.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/avengers-endgame-box-office-beats-avatar-original-theatrical-run/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Inflation.

Cope

Originality.

wow i was at the edge of my seat rooting for (company) to beat (company)
consume

You mean Pocahontas in Space? Yeah....

Disney will never beat Avatar. Based Jim dabbing on mouse shills left and right, being a true auteur.

You have reading comprehension issues

Weak defense for a movie like Avatar, my dude.

Attached: interesting_goji.jpg (800x600, 203K)

congratulations on your footnote

Disney owns Avatar.

I have no dogs in this fight and I did not watch Endgame (albeit I found IW more interesting than Avatar from many, but obviously not all, standpoints).
Nonetheless, the inflation adjustment IS a valid argument. Too much time passed between the two movies to do not take it into consideration. Doing otherwise is disingenuous.

literally all sports

Nuh-huh Disney sucks but Jimbo is BASED

No it isn't.

Coooooooope

?

Attached: 1561418432615.png (927x552, 135K)

Not an argument, shill.

Neither was yours

Explain the difference. You're not participating in the actual sport, you're rooting for people much, much richer than yourself to play the sport.

>this whole argument

Attached: IMG_5945.jpg (1600x900, 271K)

>not a single Disney movie on the list
YIKES

His was though it literally had all the proper parts of an argument.

woah...

It totally is. I am asking you to compare the two movie with the correct, adjusted parameters, and you are refusing to do it for obvious reasons.
Also correct, but I want the shills to answer.

But then neither would be anywhere near number one and we couldn't screech at each other as loudly

I don't see any "highest grossing original run" category on box office mojo
there should be one about catastrophic legs after the biggest openings though

Imagine making this post and sitting back, thinking 'yeah I win'

the number 1 is actually titani, not gone with the wind
all the info on the usual sites like wikipedia is just taking the total gross in dollars and adjusting it which is retarded

I cheer for a team that was founded in my city over 100 years ago. It wasn't created as a business or a product but as a group of people who wanted to compete with each other. Red blooded males love competition so much that they will pay to see the best competitors compete and corporations exploit that. They profit from it but that doesn't diminish the sport/competition into just another product to consume. Nobody goes to sports games to cheer for the corporation that owns the team or cheers for one team's owner to make more money than another team's owner, nobody cares. They are cheering for the competition, their hometown, their country, etc. The difference is abundantly clear.

>this level of cope

it's never taking #1, marvelshill. claim all the irrelevant victories you want, you know you're never winning the real one. 0/10. cry more.

at least James Cameron will always have the first movie to break 3 billion

The massive number of up-charges for 3D ,considering Avatar landed right in the middle of the 3D fad and was little more than a tech demo, should also be considered then.
In reality the closest thing to """fair""" is a count of tickets sold, but nobody cares about that over profits so fuck all the arguments and let's start clapping when our movie is higher on the list

>You're not participating in the actual sport
most people who watch sports also play them you big dumb faggot

All I got from this is that you're rooting for rich people to fool around and you're even going so far as to PAY for it.
Is there a more pathetic form of cuckoldry than being a sports fan?

>people were willing to pay $100 on a ticket for Avatar
based Jimbo

Amen

tldr: gone with the wind made more and is also a better film than both, by quite a large margin

YOU
LITERALLY
COULD
NOT
BEAT
A FOUR HOUR WAR MOVIE
>absolute STATE of avatards

W-w-what? Why isn't it bringing back the Six Million?

Attached: what.gif (220x220, 517K)

Frankly my damn I don't give a deer.

heh yeah, sports are so lame. I was always such a weak little beta faggot and came last in every competition but sports are just the embodiment of toxic masculinity and I am far superior to those knuckledragging athletes lmao why wont girls have sex with me though

Avaturds have lost. Sit down. Know your place.

start counting the fact that china has 60,000 theaters in 2019 compared to 5,000 in 2009 and Avatar was the highest grossing film of all time there at the time, while Endgame remains number 3

you pay to watch rich people act out fake stories and you even spend your time posting about those rich people acting out fake stories on the internet

>most people who watch sports also play them

source

Peak brainlet, you proved him right.

user you're not a superstar just because you bought those Nikes that Michael Jordan advertised.

>you pay to watch
Imagine...

>most people who watch sports also play them
kek not even close. Most people that play a sport also watch it, not the other way around

>spending weeks closely watching box office receipts to see which film will make more money for its corporation
>the same as just enjoying the best athletes in the world play the sport you grew up playing
hmm

NOT YET
O
T

Y
E
T

Seethe harder

Well I play sports and all of my friends do to so I really wouldn't know. But maybe it's also just an American thing.

Yikes. Lots of cope in this thread.

What sports do you play? Sounds kinda gay to be honest.

Holy fuck I am triggered as fuck right now. The argument was that watching sports is the same as literally just fucking watching money roll in for the film studio. It isn't. You can say it's just mindless consumption or whatever and fine you may even be right but it is not the same as literally just sitting here counting dollars for Disney.

Actual it did

movieweb.com/avengers-endgame-box-office-beats-avatar-original-theatrical-run/

But I'm not counting dollars for Disney, Box office mojo does that.

I only ever played hockey on a team growing up and still play in a beer league but at school and with my friends we would spend our days playing whatever. Shinny, basketball, soccer, etc. You know, like a normal, healthy, non-autistic kid.

literally the first line proves you wrong nigger

Where does the article contradict OP's "Original run has beaten Avaturds original run."?

So do you get paid for playing sports or do you live with your parents?

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR!
YOU CAN'T RE-RELEASE IT! IT'S ONLY FAIR IF WE DO IT!
MUH INFLATION!

Attached: crying avatard.png (1404x1360, 2.62M)

>literally all of your friends play sports
Maybe you're not autistic but you have a weirdly narrow friend group to not even be aware that people who don't play sports often still watch them

lol ok incel heres your (You)

Retard

I know there are people who watch sports but don't play them, I said most people also play, not all. And if they don't play in middle or old age you can safely bet that a huge majority of them played in some way or another when they were young. I don't know what your point even is, I'm going back to esspee

>mfw Disney does an awards season re-release to widen the lead
>mfw Cameron tries to shill Avatar again but since nobody cares about it, it still won't regain the record

Attached: say the LIIIINE AVATARD.png (364x322, 14K)

No but seriously?

Faggot

Yes, that's your place, Avatard.
Sit down.
Be humble.

>its weird that your friends share the same interests as you
this is literally how you make friends autismo

I don't make money from playing sports and I don't live with my parents. What's your point? It's only worth doing anything unless you get paid? I do it because it keeps me fit and it's FUN you fucking retard, I'm sorry I don't derive all my pleasure from fucking 4channel. Do you get paid for shitposting and masturbating? No. But you still live with your parents you faggot.

>TFA
>not Disney wars
you wut m8

Star Wars was created by George Lookass you fucking retard

>couldn't beat a movie that couldn't beat a 4 hour war movie
honestly embarassing, continue seething capecuck

Usually you share different interests with different people. You sound like you only have one interest.

Kill yourself

always the same phoneposter

>Original run

Simply put, Avatar is the first Star Wars, while Endgame is the last Harry Potter

>Endgame is kept in theaters indefinitely out of desperation to beat Avakino
>finally passes it on Dec. 17th by $1
>Avakino is re-released for the 10th anniversary & makes an instant 100M in China the very next day

capefaggots simply cannot win, seethe harder

Attached: 1517021764256.png (434x434, 117K)

If someone loves sports, why would they ever meet/get to know/befriend someone who loves knitting but not sports? They might befriend someone who likes sports AND knitting. It seems unlikely that someone who likes sports and plays them in their spare time would ever even meet someone who doesn't outside of work. And if you weren't an autistic basement-dwelling NEET you would know that even in workplaces, people with similar interests form distinct groups.

Also, what is this meme with sports being a narrow interest? user plays hockey but in my experience people who enjoy sports are open to not just other organized sports but other physical activity. Running, climbing, mountain biking, etc. over even general outdoorsy stuff like hiking and camping. So maybe he has friends that don't play or watch a lot of hockey but that he goes climbing with or goes to the gym with or goes camping or hunting with. These kinds of people will also generally watch sports. It stands to reason that someone who plays and watches sports will really only know people who also play and watch sports. Sure, they might know Karen the receptionist at work but they don't really KNOW Karen. It's all logical, literally just think about it logically.

Not a single person is reading all that nonsense faggot. Why did you bother?

you read it

DCucks/pretend avatar fans will never live it down

Attached: 1508881522183.jpg (600x800, 113K)

Most of the posts you make on 4channel go without a (You). Why do you bother?

Who cares? Both of these flicks are fucking terrible.

Holy fucking anus reddit nigger!!!

jokes on you, my YPSP (you's per shitpost) is off the charts

the beauty of what marvel is doing is that technically its not a re-release as the movie is still out. They can actually re release it in a year or 2 to crush avatar.

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: this kills the marvel.png (402x348, 9K)

>uh if we discount this and take this out and add this to endcringe's gross then endyikes won!
Suicide will free you from this degraded existence, disneyshill

>count of tickets sold

Is that even reported anywhere?

Also the really, really fair thing to do would be count of tickets sold adjusted for population growth.

In other words, what percentage of humans alive at the time saw the movie.

When that team was founded there's a high likelihood that it was mostly comprised of amateurs that grew up around that neck of the woods. That's rooting for a home team. That hasn't been true for at least 70 years as professional recruiting became wider and wider a net. You can't even be attached to a certain amalgamation of recruits in most leagues with Salary caps that have near 100% turnover every 5 years.
This isn't even Theseus’s paradox. It's like "repairing" a galley beam by beam until it's a Barque. Not only are the original players dead and gone the very blueprint of what they once represented is dead and gone.

I feel quite strongly that your lack of sentiment toward sport comes largely from the fact that your sports are dominated by niggers and spics. Like 99% of players in the NBA, NFL, and MBL are non-white. Hockey is still predominantly white and predominantly Canadian which I guess is why you don't understand the strong sentiment of identity, history, etc.

>predominantly Canadian
>Canucks get BTFO by based Finns
Noding bersonal

If you're watching beer league hockey then maybe it's a team in the original meaning of the word. If you're watching the NHL you're watching something just as divorced from what sports teams were a century ago as anyone else. No amount of
>b-b-b-b-but a-a-a-a-t l-l-l-l-east th-th-th-they're wh-wh-wh-wh-whi-i-ite
Will make you any less of a corporate tool cheering for a corporate entity that represents your local city in no way shape or fashion.

>beauty

>he still thinks they are cheering for the corporate entity
People ITT are literally cheering for a corporate entity to make more money. While a hockey team might make money, nobody at an NHL game is just sitting there cheering for them to make money, they are cheering for the game. If you can't see the difference you are actually a brainlet. I'm tired of this meme where you can't do or enjoy anything without fucking retards screeching that it's corporatism and materialism and all the rest. Every movie I watch has to be a fucking bootlegged romanian indie film with a $10 budget, every sports game I watch has to be the fucking local little league. You're a nitpicking elitist loser, fuck off.

>3 days from re-release
>still no official announcement, promotion, details or listings
is it even real?

As though if any amount of money changes hands at all it's inorganic and you're just a corporate bootlicker. Give me a fucking break lmao

>Caring about which movie made a rich company even richer

>I'm just cheering for the game
Why? For players with no connection to you or your hometown? Because they wear the colors of a team that maybe a century ago was actually representative of your city but hasn't been for nearly that long?
If you're truly sitting in the stands watching the game for the technical appreciation of the game then more power to you. If you root for a team then you're a manipulated tool.

Why the fuck does everyone buy into the money-grabbing philosophy of the box office gross when the number of tickets sold is a far more interesting metric

You clearly don't know anything about the Montreal Canadiens.

>Be washed up James Cameron
>talk shit about Avengers
>mouse delays your Pocahontas in Space movies as punishment
>issue congratulations on beating muh bote movie to make amends
>new overlords still aren’t pleased and allow Based Fiege to take your record
>choke on Mouse cock and learn your place
Cameron has learned humility. Soon all Avaturds will.
Sit down. Know your place. Step aside so your betters may pass.

Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives all the same.

Attached: 1560982082378.jpg (750x934, 76K)

gone with the wind
check mate atheists

That's an even more stupid fair measurement than I thought of, yet you can go deeper, and also factor in the number of alternate activities and forms of entertainment available at the time.
Back when Gone with the Wind came out I assume there was nothing else to do but read and kick rocks around I assume. Today you can never run out of movies and shows to stream and vidya to play along with everything else. In the future we can just get a feeding tube, sit on an auto-toilet and jack our brains into the fuckbot matrix to rail every 3D and 2D slut you want 24/7, sure as fuck not gonna be watching movies then.

Faggot

>endgame won
GOOD

smurtfcucks on suicide watch

Post the charts then

Cope harder

In that reality, Avatar isn't even number one, we should look at ticket sales then, Avengers beat avatar there

Attached: laughtiri.webm (1280x720, 665K)

>which mind control propaganda do you want to see dominate our culture more?
>they’re different I swear!

>Frankly, my dear Smurf fucker I don't give a damn.

Attached: Rhett-Butler.jpg (640x290, 79K)

It's easy to tell which faggots don't belong when you're using nigger memes.

God, I sure hope Disney beats Disney!

ABATAP WHERE ARE YOU!?!??!

Jesus I bet you're a fucking pussy bitch IRL

that's what butthurt haters actually believe

Tragically underrated.

Attached: 1538543982402.png (327x359, 172K)