Films like this?

Not necessarily looking for anime. Something melancholy and nostalgic preferably taking place in the interwar years, although I'll take any bygone time. Something with adventure and romance and lost love. I'd like to feel something tonight. If you've seen the film you know the mood I'm going for.

Attached: Porco Rosso.jpg (703x999, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fS5NUs-7H3s
youtube.com/watch?v=XFZqrcqKGhY
youtube.com/watch?v=f2mQJi3oQ_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The English patient

Anything Lupin the Third related.

I've seen it. I liked it a lot, but very long. Good answer though.

Attached: 374DF431-EFEE-4A81-8B98-92A6AE8C5BB9.jpg (1012x1500, 317K)

I've seen Miyazaki's one. Which other would you recommend?

Unfortunately I've seen this one too. Might just rewatch it anyway. It's grown on me as I've gotten older. I like his slower melancholy stuff a lot more now.

The Castle of Cagliostro
Farewell to Nostradomus
Island of Assassins

These 3 are the top tier. The rest are just enjoyable. Anything past 2010 loses soul for the exception of The Bloodspray of Goemon, but it's not really a Lupin film.

Yeah.
Spirited Away is a great gateway piece, but upon rewatching it later it feels a lot more compacted than it probably should be.
Howl's Moving Castle is always a winner in my book, if not for the slightly rushed/ambiguous arc for the titular character.

I thought Howl's Moving Castle was interesting but confusing when I first saw it.
Then I read the book and now I just dislike it for being pretentious artsy-fartsy retardation.
The book is extremely simple, and intentionally so. The movie "adaptation" makes absolutely no sense.

Roman Holiday

Seen it. Good recommendation. There's no way they would give it the same ending today, and it was the conclusion that made it really stand out to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=fS5NUs-7H3s

>Morricone
This will escalate in a torrent of feels user
youtube.com/watch?v=XFZqrcqKGhY

That was my mothers favorite film. Good memories.

Daily reminder of being wary of the different cuts when looking for this movie.

I sincerely believe that this is the greatest ending in movie history. Thank you, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=f2mQJi3oQ_g

Is it a love story or a sex story? I think I'm looking for something a little more understated.

It's a love story, much more melacholy and evocative emotionally than the trailer suggests (also lots of beautiful Mediterranean scenery/architecture and a classic world-weary Bogie performance)

Thanks for the recommendations so far. Alternatively if anyone's read Corto Maltese I'm looking for something like that.

Attached: Corto Maltese.jpg (735x1000, 249K)

Popeye movie, seriously

From Up On Poppy Hill. 3rd fav next to Spirited Away and Porco Rosso

Which one is the good one? From what I can tell there's the original, a shortened version, and a director's cut.

The shortest version (ie the 124-minute international cut) is by far the best.

The Wind And The Lion
The African Queen
Sahara (Bogart)
Sahara (McCounnagghey)
The Leopard/ il Gattopardo
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
The Adventures of Tin Tin (speilebrrg)
The Man Who Would Be King
Kelly's Heroes
Zulu

Poirot is pretty good for this. There are a lot of episodes too.

bump

Is the Casablanca Porco Rosso rips off too low hanging a fruit for recommendations?

post your top 10 seaplane kinos NOW

Attached: image.jpg (219x352, 19K)

Sounds like those 50+ episode long drama series Japan have thats usually period pieces

>Alternatively if anyone's read Corto Maltese I'm looking for something like that.
Maybe the Corto Maltese animated film? Haven't seen it myself though.