Why is Voyager a fucking dumpster fire?

why is Voyager a fucking dumpster fire?

Attached: star_trek_voyager_starship_ventral_1050_591_81_s_c1.jpg (1050x591, 66K)

Because it's not.

Attached: set phasers to fun.gif (300x159, 19K)

Other than Seven of Nine, and Species 8472, the entire show was a smelly septic tank.

fuck off DS9nigger

The cast is shit and the show seems to be trying desperately to be TNG2
The Doctor is still one of the greatest characters in the history of the series though.

please, try defending this writing lmao
seven is distractingly hot, and it feels intentional, which is a negative to me
the doctor has been the only consistently good character

>Seething for 26 years and counting
How have you not had a fatal heart attack by this point?

It's not a bad show if you forgive its wasted premise. I quite like it

Attached: Doctor's_Family_Program_Beta-Rho.jpg (640x480, 44K)

Because it had a edgy boomer premise (what if... everything is fucked) that they effectively abandoned at basically the beginning. Instead, they opted for a continuation of TNG storytelling which quickly became hobbled by the pants on head retarded premise. Also, its basically an entire show full of Pulaskis... which is to say, unlikable characters who are intentionally unlikable / dull / bitchy / psycho because the Boomer writers are lazy and want lots of ready-made conflict to churn out easy scripts with. Rodenberry's "no conflict" rule made their jobs harder and they resented the fuck out of it (but it resulted in IRL conflict and challenge that pushed the scripts to be better, i think).

By the time of Voyager, the people involved were just jaded and cynical and wanted to churn out cheap and easy prolefeed for the UPN network. The ironic thing is they could have had it both ways if they just would have made it a drop-in replacement for TNG, just taking place on a different ship with a different crew. They avoided other series and created all this literal and figurative distance when it was the show's own premise that got in its way.

>the show seems to be trying desperately to be TNG2
This. Voyager's premise should have necessitated a serialised story, it's not like the crew can jump around on various missions and go home occasionally like in TNG, forcing it to be episodic prevented any but the most superficial character development.

Voyager is such a comfy ship. If I could have one Star Track ship, it would be Voy.

mike stoklasa is that you

you watch it for the
>this is wasted
>how far can this go on

brannon & braga were doing lots of cocaine. sometimes it really pays off.

BAWWWW WHY ISN'T THIS AS GRITTY AND """"REALISTIC""""" AS DS9?!?!
WHY DOES JANEWAY FOLLOWS FEDERATION MORALS INSTEAD OF BEING LIKE LE BASED SISKO AND JUST ACTING ON PRIMAL RAGE AND WHAT IS CONVENIENT??!?!
THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALL LIKE THE EQUINOX EPISODE!!!
OH MY GOD IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE YEAR OF HELL! I WANT SUFFERING AND MORAL RELATIVISM IN TREK BECAUSE I AM A BIG BABY WHO THINK IT MAKES ME SMART!!!

>hey let's integrate this crew of fucking native american terrorists into the ship and even make their leader the second in command

what did they mean by this

a wasted premise is one thing, but this was never a good premise to begin with. what i find fun about star trek is a likeable cast getting into a bunch of trouble because that's basically their mission. voyager/janeway's mission is simply to get home and every episode that isn't something going wrong within the ship is janeway choosing to waste fucking time

not to mention how many times across the first three seasons they get *this close* to being able to get magically whisked home, only for something to stop that happening and it's back to the bleak journey.

i haven't even seen ds9 yet will you two put your dicks away

Likeable Voyager Characters:
-The Doctor
-Janeway [fuck you, she's alright]
that's your problem

The actor who played Chokatay the wagon burner hated it so much that at the end of every season, he'd ask for triple his salary before he'd resign, thinking they'd just let him go. Instead, they kept paying him, and by the time s7 rolled around he was literally making more money than the entire rest of the cast combined.

That should show you the level of professionalism that went into this

7 got good, tuvok and neelix get great. They also got Suder in best arc for based Dourif.

is this literally true?
i've heard some version of this story before, but not to this scale.
verify, please.

that's hilarious actually, thanks

Seven was a meme, Tuvok was a cunt and Neelix fucked Naomi Wildman.

i'll give you Suttor.
Tuvix, too, if we're just counting characters who only make one or three appearances because that's how bad the show is.

tuvok was a bro, every ep he features in was like a subtle buddy cop vibe. He's the best vulcan in the franchise. Neelix with Kes is fucking insufferable. Neelix after Kes is hyper-performant and charismatic and gets all the cunny.

Attached: tupac_out.webm (572x432, 1.05M)

>WHY DOES JANEWAY FOLLOWS FEDERATION MORALS
>*Gives the Borg biological WMDs in your path*
>Heh, nothing personnel, deltas

I'll track down the link, but it was a reddit convo he had so i kinda dont wanna. Also, do your own googling.

i was a bit surprised at how that episode ended, but it felt like they just couldn't come up with anything better than "janeway forces them to separate" and called it a day

When faced with tough choices, Janeway always chooses the toughest. No compromise, no decaf.

Did Janeway and Chakotay ever actually fuck, or did they have your typical uncomfortable, wierd relationship which is the hallmark of the TNG series?

It gets better, for all his whinging and bitching that they never did fuck all with his character, Garret Wang was an unprofessional dickhead who would start arguments with the producers, and show up hours late to set, usually hung to the nines cause every Friday he'd fuck off to Vegas and party for 2-3 days, which also fucked up any weekend shooting that needed to get done.

Have a bowl of my delicious Leola Root stew crewman.
It's an old Talaxian cure for faggotry.

Attached: 1756423086153.jpg (900x1130, 846K)

this asshole obviously doesn't know his Vulcans
best Vulcan is Sarak, constantly disappointed by his half-breed son.
for real deep lore, the best Vulcan is that cunt who kept winding Ben Sisko up about baseball.

I'll grant you smug Logicians guy. Sarek was great but Tuvok really knocks it out the box. Having him be a security man instead of nerd was the best decision.

Attached: illogical.jpg (960x720, 113K)

Best Vulcan is Valeris, trying to genocide the Klingons while they're already dying

Rent free

my favorite kind of Vulcans are the ones who use logic to justify all kinds of crazy shit, like that one lady-Vulcan that Quark had to talk out of terrorism with a speech about how great Capitalism is, over on Best Trek.

Typical TNG. They shit all over a TOS character. They did it to Sarek, did it to Scotty. Tried to do it to McCoy but failed (he was an excellent actor).

in fairness I'm only on episode ten of season 4, but that's a little more than halfway through and "uncomfortable" seems accurate

Because it started with an interesting premise (two different crews with radically different philosophies having to merge and a ship far from home, low on supplies) and promptly forgot all of that. Rarely were the two crews at odds and a lack of supplies rarely had any meaningful consequences. It then became a worse written TNG with less interesting characters.

that mole tho...

Voyager is fun, comfy kino.

>the character only there to sell tits to morons was the only good thing about it

Attached: 1425702804317.png (224x258, 156K)

Because it was forced to give up on its initial premise to make another TNG, if they were allowed to just do there own thing I think it could’ve been better

worst case scenario was kino though, i can sort of see how they could justify ditching that shit after they botched seska so hard on a race of retarded jobbers

it's funny, just as i was thinking of how they totally forgot about the maquis thing, there was an episode where i thought they'd remembered it; turned out to be a holonovel

she's unironically one of the only capable actors on the show. teaming her up with picardo was always kino.

If you're also you should watch DS9 before you get to Voyager 4x15 because they make contact with the Federation in that episode and there's some major spoilers in it

i am, and i will; thanks

Simple

1) no Ronald D. Moore (Who was involved in the good TNG years, DS9, and then nu-BSG)

2) It was expected to carry a entire network, unlike TNG and DS9 which were sold to independent channels in first run syndication.

3) It was not allowed or unwilling to take risks.

I hated Janeway, she was a sexless midget with a Frontierswoman haircut and a voice that felt like a cheese grater on my balls.

Literally just finished VOY for the first time, boy did that ending feel rushed. Also I'm glad Neelix abandoned ship to live inside a doomed asteroid, he was an annoying faggot since episode 1

i have gotten used to it but i completely agree

Voyager has THE BEST show intro

>no Ronald D. Moore

He was there for all of 2 weeks. He asked one of the writers how a character was supposed to react to a situation, and the writer literally said "We don't know man, just do what ever you want with it"

That, and the unprofessionalism of the actors, and the problems he had with Brandon Bragga made him quit.

>DS9 is a Babylon 5 ripoff
>Voyager is a Lost in Space ripoff
Why can't Star Trek do anything original?

That half-klingon half human woman, ugh. got so tired of looking at that prosthetic forehead. She's so pretty and they actually did have an episode where she was genetically separated from her klingon half. They should have kept her human, that whole "I'm caught between 2 worlds" bullshit is tiresome.

Attached: 1561000948493.png (1366x768, 960K)

>unprofessionalism of the actors
Did they not remember lines? I not well versed in Voy Lore as I never got into watching it.

I would say that him being there for two weeks and quitting is "not being there" but it a fair enough point that he was there for two weeks.

I think it clear that he can make a show as good as the premise, as Ds9, Nu-BSG, and outlander show.

>TOS is a Forbidden Planet rip off
>TNG is a SeaQuest ripoff
>DS9 is a Babylon 5 ripoff
>Voyageris a Lost in Space ripoff
>ENT is a SG-1, Battlestar Galactica ripoff

TOS was a western pretending to be a sci-fi show.

never. Enterprise is the GOAT intro

Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

I see... your anus has been badly ruptured, which has caused you emotional distress. We shall first of all treat the physiological malady, proceeding to the psychological one.

The actress, who played Kes in the spin-off series, was arrested after allegedly exposing herself to three children under 13 two weeks ago.

Upon the police's arrival Jennifer reportedly refused to put her clothes on and had to be carried to the police car after threatening to kill the officers, according to US website TMZ. She was later charged with indecent exposure.

NEELIX! get a hold of your fucking woman.

Attached: jenii-640x379.jpg (640x379, 29K)

>Chokatay the wagon burner
kek

"I USED TO BE HOT, GOD DAMMIT"

sometimes the wall hits you and sometimes it obliterates you

>unprofessionalism of the actors
tell me more

can't blame him. his one stipulation was not to be the magic indian trope and guess what, magic indian trope

How ironic Kes was the most powerful alien on the show, up ther with the Q entity. She seemed wasted for the most part as a character, they didn't know what to do with her.

pity he was a copy of a character in an English series

she was powerful? all I remember is her being 4 years old and died in a puddle

she only conveniently reached her full potential in the same episode as they replaced her with 7

she would have been better off exposing herself to a group of teenage boys when she was in her prime

>TOS was a western pretending to be a sci-fi show.
This, by the way, is partially why CBS hates Star Trek and seems so bizarrely intent on ruining it. A lot of people who run TV resent the fact that it survived the Rural Purge of the early 70's due to Star Wars. They loathe the quaint, white sincerity of Star Trek with a burning passion and feel like it should have always been given the snarky, kitchy reboot treatment that it finally got with JJ Abrams.

It's also why the first thing the boomers did when they got hold of the franchise in the 90's was to start churning out "anti-Trek" where they would "do something different" like DS9 and Voyager. They were trying to appease the people they sensed hated their existence, which Enterprise validated.

she comes back and throws a tetsuo tantrum for virtually no reason till janeway reminds her not to be a cunt

well said.
couldn't stand the croaking, dried up, idiotic cunt.
she was a shit captain too, which was at least realistic.

any opinions on "Picard" and the crew behind it?

must have blanked her from my memory.
the puddle part really felt like it was from the original star trek though.
7 of 9 was the best thing out of any rendition of startrek.

There hasn't been a good Star Trek this millenium, and I doubt that's going to change anytime soon

It's not, it's actually pretty good

it was like some flashforward mightnothavereallyhappened shit. Didn't really make sense she was pissed about being part of the crew or some shit.

all the half breeds were realistic in that they had massive self esteem problems, identity crises and in the end their savage half always won out, with them obsessing over primitive customs and completely forgetting the human side of themselves.

died in a puddle? what?

Based and Tuvokpilled

I think he confused her for tasha yar

>that one lady-Vulcan that Quark had to talk out of terrorism
Mmmm those big Vulcan milkers

Attached: maquis-pt1_074.jpg (705x530, 94K)

>At the suggestion of director David Livingston, costume designer Robert Blackman originally designed a much more revealing outfit for Sakonna than seen in the episode. However when Rick Berman saw it, he told Blackman to tone it back somewhat. Blackman still likes the outfit that Sakonna wears however, as it shows off actress Bertila Damas' figure and is a much sexier look than ever seen on a Vulcan.
we coulda gotten more... rick berman strikes again....

was Quark right about hoomans?

was a female who was on a crappy planet set with some rocks around as usual, some kind of living shadow or black goo puddle ate her.
she disappeared, they had a funeral, it was all quite quick, like they wanted her gone as soon as possible.

better if she had been banged by 7 of 9 with a strapon.

yeah you're thinking of TNG and Tasha

Dr. Livingston, I presume?

ah
the series must have blended together.
have a half memory of kes turning into light and disappearing.

This. Neelix slayed more Klingon pussy than Riker.

I feel like there was a good show somewhere in Voyager but half of the cast were shitty actors and some of the writing and lack of caring for continuity was just so bad. For a show that came after DS9 I don't see how it failed so badly on the continuity front when DS9 succeeded so well there.

The Showrunners actually thought that Neelix was going to be the breakout character!

This is what the Voyager writers and producers ACTUALLY BELIEVED!

understandable, practically the same scenario anyway; blonde female cast member gets very suddenly removed from the series with next to no warning and everyone moves on almost immediately

Voyager is nothing more than the Captain Janeway Show. She is in almost every scene and is the main focus of every plot. She is a terrible character and the writers squandered an opportunity for really intriguing story lines of different crews stranded and having to work together to get home all the while foraging for new resources.

TO be fair, that was only for the first season or so, he settled down after that and wasn't an issue for the rest of it.

I just finished DS9 last week and now this thread has me worried. Are there good Voyager episodes you would recommend or should I force myself to watch them all?

Attached: 1453995143496.jpg (665x340, 26K)

It's cos the writer who set up all the Maquis stuff got jettisoned around season 2-3. The ones who took over fucked off al his shit. That's why Seska gets rolled by a console blowing up, and the Kazon become literal retards.

Ah it’s not that bad just give it a go.

>brannon & braga

Watch Threshold, easily the best episode in the series.

there's been a couple of alright ones but it's just dishonest to call it a good series. unfortunately the Netflix account my friend shares with me has French ui so i can't name the episodes i *do* like, go figure; i'll see what i can do about that

I didnt think the actors were that bad. I think it was more just the schizo writing made it hard for them to settle into one characterization. Like how Janeway goes from being a stuck up priss about the Prime Directive one episode, then the next is giving replicators to people for fuck all.

And Chakotay's actor got fucked. Only joined to styar with the OG actress for Janeway, who left after a week, then has some fake Native American expert give the writers all kinds of mumbo-jumbo Hollywood style Indian stuff to make him into the magical Indian dude. At least he got a good paycheck out of it.

Seven and the Doctor had the best arcs though. They should make a standalone show where the two of them have adventures together, I'd watch the shit out of that.

At least it's better than the Babylon 5 ripoff.

>Beltran and Wang were horrible with lines
>Kate Mulgrew and Jeri Ryan hated each other and refused to speak outside of scenes together
>Picardo was a bit of an egotist and managed to get the producers to write a fuckton of episodes about the doctor, which pissed off the rest of the cast
>Jennifer Lein started hitting up Bragga for coke around this time
>Rob Duncan MacNeil was generally present but lost his spirit for acting because of this show
>Voyager in general had one of the more brutal shooting schedules of all the star treks (16 hour days, 5-6 days a week depending on pick ups) which took a toll on the actors and made them bitchy. By season 7 everyone had collectively had enough and just wanted to be done with it.

>

They did a lot of stupid shit, such as getting into trouble for being too damn honest with aliens. There was this time when voyager was bargaining using water, then idiotically admitted they could manufacture as much water as they needed.......hey dumbass, you don't say stuff like that in front of an entire warlike species that scavenges the quadrant for water.

Jetrel, Tuvix, Prototype and Death Wish have been my favorites

Honestly, despite all this shit, Voyager could have been tolerable had their been half decent writing. But every single person working on that show must have been doing fuck tons of blow with Bragga, cause the writing was so schizo and fucked up it was hard to make sense of any of it.

Why didn't they negotiate with Species 8472 to wipe out the Borg? Janeway sided with the Borg. Fucking women...

I'd like to go on a voyage into Seven's smelly septic tank, if you catch my drift.

The greatest love story ever told

Attached: 1094760937460.jpg (783x1149, 130K)

yikes

She dumped neelix in search for adventure... lmao at that demented roastie.

btw, VOY is weird as fuck.
Good things:
>Liked the borg shit.
>Based chakotay
>the doctor

Bad things:
>Ending was shit.
>beta quadrant is an interstellar ghetto
>90% of the episodes are filler and nothing else.
> Shit ton of unlikeable characters.

Have to say that watching VOY after DS9 really ruins the series.

There should have been a Neelix spin-off show
>Neelix is left behind at the asteroid belt with his fellow talaxians, having been annointed as the Federations Ambassador in the Delta Quadrant (the end of Voyager TV show)
>Neelix learns that there are more surviving Talaxians, mostly children, scattered across the delta quadrant
>Neelix creates a rescue force, calling for help from the Federation
>Assembles a team of Talaxians and other sympathetic aliens, to crew a Nursery ship
>Neelix is the captain of a Nursery ship, rescuing stranded delta quadrant children and taking them into his loving care

Attached: 10982735098273.jpg (461x346, 27K)

Attached: worse-than-hitler-clowns.jpg (1200x1500, 357K)

Voyager is comfy, and my favorite trek show.

Attached: 2011-11-17_Fairhaven.jpg (960x652, 285K)

The Voyager hate is actually a small but highly vocal minority showing their hatred against the franchise. Most people at least find some of it enjoyable whilst acknowledging the bad but not the irrational outright hatred that some would have you believe.

Attached: SevenSmiles.webm (746x574, 667K)

Correct Star Trek TV ranking

TOS>>>>>>VOY>>>ENT>TNG>STD >>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS9

DS9 shouldn't really be on the list but I'll add it because it technically was a Star Trek TV show

Attached: 1092357095326.jpg (763x944, 88K)

lol based shoulda coulda woulda shipment poster

Attached: c892155603e032d54ea5fcfd3468773c.jpg (500x409, 29K)

Neelix is a sex god

Attached: 1539990063320.png (800x1065, 950K)

>that image

Attached: 1549161880167.jpg (789x750, 94K)

Attached: 109372095832.jpg (236x354, 14K)

fpbp

Attached: A8162626-CFF7-4B7F-A048-1B8E17836EFB.gif (250x141, 1.06M)

Anyone else grow up with Voyager as a kid? every time I watch it it's like meeting with dear old friends and family

Deep shit 9 isn’t really Star Trek and you all know it.

What's the name of the ship?

USS Cunnyprise

Attached: 1098547075.jpg (690x525, 246K)

No, but I still have some pleasant memories about watching it.

Voyager is the comfiest star trek, even if it is not as good as others