This might just be the best film I have ever seen

This might just be the best film I have ever seen

Attached: 0_GHhHyLbFncvbhy7S.png (333x480, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occidentalism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This but with Dunston Checks In

The newfaggotry kills me.

*japanese woman pretending to be a teenage boy screaming intensifies*

Same but with Problem Child 2.

movie only makes sense if you completely ignore shinji's story and focus whenever gendo comes on screen

*hamfisted, barely understood by the creators, christian symbolism intensifies*

hello fellow clones of adam

Attached: Eva-08C Front.png (781x1245, 870K)

After the first viewing, nobody cares about the Christian symbolism because they learn that the creators only included it because it looked cool. It's just "there."

Anima?

this is the pseudo intellectual pleb "opinion" (but not a real opinion because you're incapable of thought)

You're incapable of producing a real counterargument, so I doubt you have even three IQ points to bounce around.

Autism

It was never about the Christian symbolism

>It was never about the Christian symbolism
>It was never about the Christian symbolism

What was up with this it's just a bunch of confused Christian imagery, do chinks just become Christian because it looks cool?

too deep for you, stick to capeshit.

It's one of the most cringe and pedo shit I've ever seen

from what I understand the japanese view christianity as a very magical (in the harry potter sense) religion

Don't worry, it is definitely one of the best films of all time.
The only caveat being that you need to watch a 26 episode series beforehand to get the maximum amount of enjoyment out of it.

Is this Evangelion? Everytime I see an anime thread where the film isn't specified I just assume it's Evangelion.

No it really isn't. It HAS Christian symbolism, but is has always taken back seat to its own story and characters

First time watching anime? Christian tropes are kino

Yes

it's not so trash but not so good, cope

because it is, especially the book of revelation
>GIBS ME DATS JEESUS

Attached: 2E793B75-14D3-4C92-9C8D-F18D7AC85B19.png (1280x914, 822K)

this is the most retarded thing I've ever read a zoomer say about this show

I AM GEOMETRY

>t.illiterate
Go back to Yea Forums

>things zoomers will never understand

Christian imagery, now that's deep...

"eva is for tweens" faggots BTFO

Attached: anno.png (467x306, 250K)

Just finished the series and EoE, gave my impressions in the previous thread. Wonderful show even with the immensity of hype it has to overcome for newcomers. It must have been a total whirlwind for people going in blind. Gonna sit on this for a week then watch the rebuild movies for mindless Unit 01 action. Probably one of the coolest mechas, if not THE coolest mecha, I've personally seen. Makes me wish Jehuty had its own badass existential anime; also makes me realise that a good chunk of Zone of the Enders was simply copying Eva as hard as it could.

Okay user, if the symbolism is so important, what does Lilith being on a cross symbolise?

best girl

Attached: 1492388001748.jpg (261x253, 18K)

>it’s a Yea Forums gets flooded by retarded normies even more than usual when netflix releases something episode

But the user is right. I think you are confused, or stupid.

Nice to hear. Even with Netflix's gaffs in removing Fly Me to the Moon, I'm very glad more people have the chance to casually watch End of Eva, as it's one of the best films ever made.

>christian symbolism takes a backseat
>its literally thrown in your face every scene in this show
>hurrr ur retarded

Symbology and structures inherent to the mundane functions of the black moon that early humans integrated into their own mythology and mistakenly attributed great meaning to.

You really are a dumbass. The symbolism is only there for aesthetic effect. To evoke a sense of mystery, mysticism, awe, and reverence. While it might be very visible, that doesn't mean it is thematically important. If you can't understand that, you are literally a brainlet who is easily distracted. The religious imagery in Eva is the biggest pleb filter in the show, as it demonstrates who was paying attention, and who is a pseudo-intellectual retard, who can't analyze anything beyond what is obvious to their eyes.

There are two kinds of people, those who like Evangelion and those who need to get hit by my car :)

cute boy

Attached: tex_chara_l_1451.png (1024x1024, 359K)

explain the symbolism in this scene

Attached: 1552687693834.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

It's the inverse of Orientalism, called Occidentalism:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occidentalism
I actually find it quite cool when Japs do stuff like this. It's the equivalent of some New-Ager American who throws a bunch of Buddhist shit together without understanding anything because it's 'exotic' and 'mystical'

Attached: AA.png (1920x1080, 3.04M)

yes

Attached: iKjVUPh.png (640x480, 441K)

How fucking retarded do you have to be to convince yourself of something so fucking dumb?
>DUHHHH ITS JUST THEREEE
like do you realize how fucking retarded you sound?

Excuse me I don’t like this image can you please delete thanks in advance for your punctual cooperation

Eva is overrated trash.

>You really are a dumbass
says the zoomer who watched an eva ending explained youtube video. Fuck off kiddo

Misato wants to feel good but all of the ways she goes about it just make her feel worse.

NGE is cringekino

Impossible to watch with anybody without revealing how much of a pathetic manchild you really are

I-it's deep cause she's damaged

>penpen is being restrained by a woman that is the consumerism incarnate, trying to fill the void of her life with pleasure, but it won't ever happen. both of them hide their faces in shame, recognizing that is all pointless.

Attached: 0226_eva_model06.png (467x569, 52K)

You still can't describe any alternative. How does it feel to have full imageboard-brain?

Attached: 1560983082768.png (952x717, 317K)

The creator admitted that though
Is he a pleb?

It really honestly is this.
It's fucking useless to watch the movie at all if you haven't seen the entire series first and that's not even gatekeeping bullshit, it's just actual fact.

damn really ur explanation is really gay and boring the symbolism to me was it makes my dick hard and she'd be probably so wasted i could climb ontop of her and jokingly feel her up n she'd probably be half asleep n like it

how about I pierce your geofront with my lance of longinus?

Attached: tex_chara_l_1449.png (1024x1024, 448K)

>NYAERV
What the fuck Buttflix?

You're proving me right by being unable to counter, and just shitflinging insults. If you actually had a point, or the ability to make one, you'd make it. I hope that you're actually the shit for brains zoomer. If you're this stupid and even older than me, that would be truly pathetic.

>spilled beer
>passed out like she had no idea what was going on beforehand
Hahaha, who would ever do something so silly, right bros?...

Attached: 1557033088228.jpg (727x868, 237K)

wtf, stop.

unable to counter? Your whole argument is retarded.
>HURR IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT CHRISTIAN SYMBOLISM IS IN EVERY SCENE, OR THAT EVERYTHING HAS A CHRISTIAN NAME OR UNDERTONE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
again, fuck off zoomer

>he posts brainlet wojak while typing like a retarded normie
Hook,Line and Sinker.

I already told you the point of the imagery. To create a sense of mystery and mysticism. To evoke a feeling that the characters are dealing with something above their comprehension. That's the purpose of imagery, to set a mood. Are you illiterate? Am I being too complicated for you? Were you exposed to a lot of lead paint as a child?

>8.chan
go back.

They were exposed to something worse than lead paint: non-white DNA.

Attached: 8F78FC7A-9988-4175-A93D-128897147777.gif (314x232, 1.15M)

Sacrifice and salvation

Cute pantsu and cute pengu

the plot of the film has literally nothing to do with christianity or judaism at all lmao

No that's actually a new rebuild design

Accept Instrumentality

Attached: pepe angel.png (800x800, 48K)

if his argument was retarded you'd have an easy time explaining why, but you never did that :^)

damn, i know when i'm beat

Ahhh, the good old nge crowd: the pseudo-intellectual pedo-degenerates.

I completely forgot about that movie

Whether you think Evangelion is an overrated mess or a masterpiece, the anime was a seismic shift in storytelling. Otherwise, we still wouldn’t be talking about it. Evangelion is difficult, to put it mildly. It has layers of symbolism and philosophy. These layers are what make Evangelion the touchstone for any new anime that tries to be densely psychological (Ballus & Torrents, 2014). Anno Hideaki is a mecha fan (Plata, 2014). His interest in the genre allowed him to turn its tropes inside out. Anno and two of his friends founded Gainax Studios in 1981 and worked on several intellectual films (Redmond, 2007). The experiences led the small studio to create a subversive storyline that changed how we consider mecha and anime in general. Many consider Evangelion’s story to be one of the most subversive in film. Evangelion is also thought to revive interest in both anime and mecha during the 1990s. (Napier, 2002;’ Redmond, 2007). Evangelion begins by playing on what people think of as mecha. Big robots, teen heroes, fan service, and similar conventions and references to mecha shows before (Ballus and Torrents, 2014). Then, Anno breaks them apart. Typically, mecha refight some type of World War II scenario where Japan gets to win. There are tyrants and evil aliens to shoot with giant robots! And of course these tyrants and aliens often represent ideas like consumerism, neonationalism. and other -isms that came out of World War II. Anno plays this up by naming characters after warships from World War II – Langley, Akagi, Ayanami and Katsuragi (Redmond, 2007; Plata, 2014).

Eva has little in common with its forebears, like the globally recognized Transformers or the fan-favorite franchise Mobile Suit Gundam, both anime about humans and their big, sentient, rock ’em, sock ’em robots. Every mecha anime is about a boy put in a big robot and asked to kill aliens. Eva could have slotted right next to Mobile Suit Gundam and Gundam Wing as more of the same: an action series full of fun moments and ever-intensifying battles, but little else. Anime series like Gundam showed powerful machines battling against each other over the fate of the universe, paving the way for Evangelion to blow up the constructs of the genre. Traditionally, in mecha anime, boys given the chance to battle in giant robots can’t wait to keep going. They inspire everyone with their gung-ho bloodlust and warm hearts. Those of us who watched Gundam and other mecha know the male hero is an idealistic go-getter. Sometimes a little reluctant, but he steps up in the end of his own accord. Shinji is everything but that. The hero, Shinji, is a hikikomori that with obsessive compulsive disorder. Shinji is depressed, naive, and shut off. A far cry from the typical mecha hero.

How unfortunate. it looks horrible.

>when 40 iq godless zoomer tries to put the pieces together
CRINGE

Time and again, Shinji is asked to get in the Evangelion. Each time he initially refuses only to come around and reluctantly agree when he is reminded that people care about him when he is piloting. When he finally does agree to pilot the Evangelion, it is not a moment of triumph for Shinji, but rather defeat. “Fine, I’ll do it”, he concedes. It’s about as far from heroic as a scene can feel. Shinji spends copious amounts of the show running: from piloting, from feelings, and every other tangible and figurative threat that can exist. He’s supposed to be the heroic protagonist, but he behaves in a way that is meek to a degree that borders on despicable. In short, Shinji ruins the escapist fiction that is heroism. Traditionally, in mecha anime, boys given the chance to battle in giant robots can’t wait to keep going. They inspire everyone with their gung-ho bloodlust and warm hearts. Shinji hates doing it. He runs away all the time. He is brought back by guilt and duty and loathing. He hates himself and treats the people around him terribly. He is a disgusting, pathetic pervert surrounded by damaged, violent sociopaths and he just wants someone to like him. A “typical” shonen anime follows a male protagonist as he becomes more powerful by defeating foes and learning new techniques. Evangelion uses the tropes of shonen anime to show a child overcoming his emotional conflicts in addition to the next big enemy. Anime series like Gundam showed powerful machines battling against each other over the fate of the universe, paving the way for Evangelion to blow up the constructs of the genre.

>the christian imagery means nothing
>characters are dealing with something above their comprehension
this is literally how retarded you are, just stop typing

A highly competent professional can be an absolute slob at home. Duality is inherent in humans.

By the end of the TV show, Evangelion is an absolute fever dream. Dwindling resources meant that the final two episodes are basically a clip show philosophical TED talk featuring death, destruction and terrifying visuals. Then Anno was given the budget to make the finale he really wanted – a movie called The End Of Evangelion – which is a deadly, perverse, trippy experience filled with horrific violence, human suffering and finally one of the most surreal journeys a main character has ever been on: a Kabbalistic version of Winnie The Pooh’s Heffalumps and Woozels nightmare. It is, and I cannot stress this enough, a masterpiece. I maybe think about it every single day. Still, you might think: I’ve seen anime; I sat through Dragonball Z for some reason; I’ve seen a Studio Ghibli film. But trying to say you know what Neon Genesis Evangelion will be like because you watched a show for teenaged boys and films for children is like saying you know what Game Of Thrones is like because you watched He-Man and The Sword In The Stone. Neon Genesis Evangelion is, for good reason, regarded as a masterful piece of storytelling and as an incredible character study full of complex and interesting men and women. Yes, it's a cartoon. Yes, it's old. Yes, it does have an... interesting dynamic with female anatomy that is very specifically of its time and cultural origins. But modern sci-fi owes Neon Genesis Evangelion a debt the same way it owes a debt to 2001: A Space Odyssey and Star Wars. You've definitely seen something like this, and that's kind of the point: without NGE, you wouldn't have. Blocker gundan 4 machine blaster pulled the same clip show shit. While he was on a coma. They showed a clip show of tempei growing as a character over the first half of the series. Then he climbs a rainbow and helps his friends defeat a bunch of dream versions of mecha they fought before. Same concept minus the random religious shit.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is anything but an ordinary anime show. It redefined a genre, provided a new template for the serialized Japanese Anime, and has a huge impact on Japanese culture. A “typical” shonen anime follows a male protagonist as he becomes more powerful by defeating foes and learning new techniques. Evangelion uses the tropes of shonen anime to show a child overcoming his emotional conflicts in addition to the next big enemy. Anime series like Gundam showed powerful machines battling against each other over the fate of the universe, paving the way for Evangelion to blow up the constructs of the genre. Audiences marveled at the thought of piloting giant mechanical beasts, but Studio Gainax and writer/director Hideaki Anno had another idea—what if piloting giant mech wasn’t cool, but instead downright terrifying? Traditionally, in mecha anime, boys given the chance to battle in giant robots can’t wait to keep going. They inspire everyone with their gung-ho bloodlust and warm hearts. Shinji hates doing it. He runs away all the time. He is brought back by guilt and duty and loathing. He hates himself and treats the people around him terribly. He is a disgusting, pathetic pervert surrounded by damaged, violent sociopaths and he just wants someone to like him. It’s a painful show to watch because it’s just so real: what would happen if the people we tasked with saving the world were all absolute garbage?

You still haven't made a single point. You just keep repeating yourself, like a nigger. Are you capable of independent, novel thought? Do you simply have the inability to express what you are thinking, or is there no thinking at all going on in your underdeveloped nigger brain?

REMINDER: DO NOT SPOONFEED,IF THESE RETARDS DONT GET IT THEY NEVER WILL.

Attached: 212592902.jpg (460x438, 26K)

yall are dumb. dont look into the christian imagery too much. in the show itself its even explained that the names and tropes of Christianity applied to the aliens that are the Angels are shown to be a superficial way to honor beings that are the closest things that come to Gods that they will ever experience.

cont. in the show, they even say humans are incapable of creating god. yet they are able to clone Adam multiple times. its just a chink's way of incorporating christian aesthetics.

I love how unpretentious the Japanese are with their work. When something doesn't have a deeper meaning, they just SAY IT, deadly straight, with zero shame.

Eva is obviously not about mecha fights, global conspiracies or metaphysical mumble jumble. Those are just in the background of the real themes being proposed. People who focus too much on that are looking in the wrong direction.

>so if the religious icons have no deeper meaning it means the whole series has no deeper meaning and has nothing of value to say

Yes, there are people who unironically believe this.

Attached: fuck2krvll431.png (1800x2504, 2.09M)

you haven't made a single point either. All you do is autistically screech and lash out because I said the christian imagery is hamfisted. I never said the show was about christianity, that is what your retarded autistic brain interpreted and went on a tirade even admitting the imagery is integral to the storyline.
>zoomer tries to tell me what a show means that I watched before he was born
lel

Do the "too deep for you" retards not understand all the "depth" added into the show was because of budget constraints? all the hamfisted religious iconography is there cause it was cheap to do

See

Shinji and the third impact is literally Jesus second coming

It goes too far off the rails in the last half hour

absolute masterpiece, ive made a few effortposts about how the symbolism is actually perfectly resonant with the show's themes but i dont feel like typing up another one for retarded Yea Forums mites

Anno literally just threw a bunch of christian symbolism in to make it seem deep and mysterious. There is no message or theme or deeper purpose behind it.

So you gave your wrong opinion and backed it up with an unsubstantiated attack on the creators' competence, great job I guess but you're still a nattering moron.

Attached: Hideaki_Anno_cropped_1_Hideaki_Anno_20141030_2.jpg (1280x1548, 1.65M)

See the creator of the show, who has admitted what I typed.

>My out of context screenshot of an old interview I never watched proves that all the other things Anno actually said is wrong
retard

>your opinion is wrong, even though I conceded to your point
stay mad autist

Huh? It's okay, you created deeper meaning to something that was not there so you could feel smart.

See

ok show anno proving what ur saying

also what context is he saying tha tin that changes what he said?

You don't even have an argument lmao. Stay seething at things you don't understrand

Attached: th5CVLG3XA.jpg (474x647, 53K)

>hurr u didn watch it

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-06-24-23h17m14s025.png (624x480, 299K)

>le no argument
you keep saying that despite admitting that what I said was true

oh wow imagine being this much of a faggot

Evangelion is the perfect story for this moment in history. The anime was always apt, but in the two decades since the original series was first broadcast on TV Tokyo, it’s become the ideal anime for our time; thematically, the series is about the awful courage needed to stop an oncoming apocalypse, and what the people charged with protecting everyone else are obliged to cope with. Hideaki Anno’s masterpiece came into that void and had something to say about depression, cataclysm, and what it costs to save the world. Neon Genesis Evangelion is not just another fable about giant mechs and even bigger monsters. Currently, we are facing our own seemingly intractable — but ultimately solvable — problems, much as Shinji faces the Angels. Right-wing authoritarianism is on the rise around the globe; climate change, still unchecked, is beginning to ravage the planet; and economic inequality is more visible than it’s ever been before. There are concentration camps in America, and there is a government agency tasked with conducting raids of unsuspecting immigrant families and capturing the ones without what the government deems correct paperwork. The president has personally approved this. Things are bad, and they are getting almost unstoppably worse. Morally and physically, the world is on the brink of disaster.

>no replies but a samefag desperately trying to get his effort post some attention
this show isnt deep nor was it important.

Evangelion is difficult, to put it mildly. It has layers of symbolism and philosophy. These layers are what make Evangelion the touchstone for any new anime that tries to be densely psychological. Watching Evangelion now is unsettling because of how timely it feels. The idea that we are required to help the people who can’t help themselves — anyone materially threatened by the current regime — is powerfully resonant. It feels like an emotional guide for what to do next. Nowadays, it also feels like social media has turned the experience of using the internet into its own kind of society-wide hedgehog’s dilemma; private abuses can be broadcast to a global audience instantly, and that is its own terrible intimacy. When children die in government-run camps for migrants, for example, or when police shoot unarmed black civilians, to take another, more common scenario, we hear about it through platforms like Twitter and Facebook; we’re close enough now to feel the spines. nime series like Gundam showed powerful machines battling against each other over the fate of the universe, paving the way for Evangelion to blow up the constructs of the genre. Traditionally, in mecha anime, boys given the chance to battle in giant robots can’t wait to keep going. They inspire everyone with their gung-ho bloodlust and warm hearts.

Alright, here's my argument, the religious symbolism is well done and clearly shows some level of skill that went into the show's production.

How big would Rei’s pusy be when she blew up in size? If she got wet would you literally drown in her juice?

wrong

I disagree, the religious symbolism could have been portrayed much better/interesting than it was, but it was ok given where the show came from and the culture that produced it.

What did Fuyutsuki mean when he said "The doors of Guf have opened"?

Guf (גּוּף, also transliterated Guph or even Gup) is a Hebrew word, meaning "body". In Jewish mysticism the Chamber of Guf, also called the Otzar (הָאוֹצָר, Hebrew for "treasury"), is the Treasury of Souls, located in the Seventh Heaven.

According to Jewish mythology, in the Garden of Eden there is a Tree of life or the "Tree of Souls":[1] that blossoms and produces new souls, which fall into the Guf, the "Treasury of Souls". Gabriel reaches into the treasury and takes out the first soul that comes into his hand. Then Lailah, the Angel of Conception, watches over the embryo until it is born.

Attached: tenor (4).gif (424x222, 2.44M)

Anno spoke about Evangelion's themes in numerous interviews and had various discussions about how far his story would advance and what he wanted from the series. Since Evangelion has already been translated into many languages and is being produced for a wide audience worldwide, its production in Japan seems less important to him. He does plan to make two prequel films and perhaps more anime. In 2008, Atsushi Ono was interviewed by Comic Natalie in which he stated about the themes of Evangelion that he wanted to follow for the next three movies: (from left to right) Shinji vs. Rei - Shinji is in denial of his role. The world is destroyed. Evangelion continues for three more years . Shinji is left behind and is alone. Anno said that the upcoming Shin Evangelion movie will not contain any more of the series' visual themes. In the meantime, this is not the first time that the visual themes from the series have been altered in recent anime. For example, when the manga's version of the ending to Evangelion: 2.0 was released in 2013, there were several changes to the film's ending that only made little sense and left fans feeling upset. However, fans might have been relieved to note that the movie's art department has taken a few extra steps to preserve the atmosphere and feel of this version and have adjusted many of the artwork elements. Shin Godzilla would appear to be a good example; However, the movie's art director has altered several elements to maintain the original visual quality. These alterations include removing many CG scenes, changing many of the CG locations (such as underwater caves), changing some of the animation, and changing the placement of some elements. These alterations are largely consistent with the visual themes on the television show and also in the Japanese releases of many other Evangelion film. These visual changes are consistent with the film's visual themes but may be made for a completely different reason.

You do realize anyone with any theological background realizes the mish mash of "symbolism" for what it is? Like someone reached their hand into the bible and just pulled out a handful of things to be symbols

>the government enforces immigration laws like any other nation
Jesus Christ, how horrifying. The rest is right though. Ecosystem collapse through insecticides, industrial farming, and ocean pollution will be the end of humanity.

Attached: eva.png (1078x684, 408K)

None of this gives it depth or importance

The Chamber of Guf is Nerv's codename for the first black moon (the ancient alien spaceship Lilith came to Earth in which they repurposed into the geofront). That's all.

again, you're the retard for thinking Evangelion even tries to be a critical interpretation of Christian scripture. They literally base it all on fictional Red Sea Scroll bullshit.

Anno addressed the depth and important of Christian symbolism in Evangelion when he said that it was not the purpose of the producers for Evangelion to be religious." So now we know why Evangelion is based on God for its content and in no way does it intend to be religious. But of course it isn't. When your God is a guy with an eye patch and you think he's a god, you just have to accept that. In his mind at least, Evangelion is just trying to do good with an intent so noble that many would be surprised to find that it can actually be done with. If Evangelion was originally just a comedy, Evangelion 2, 3 or the series itself that took place in Heaven. When you realize that all its jokes are about Jesus, then you realize just how profound their intent is that if you don't want to admit it for once, you should not try and make your own jokes. But then again, all stories are stories. A movie is a movie, right? Why would there be no religious content in Evangelion? Because in a movie like this you never got to see Jesus. When you see a movie like that you think you are seeing God, and for that matter with every comic book movie and every live-action movie, you just believe what you are seeing is God.

Its dead sea scrolls. And thats still within the christian world retard.

Way to confirm you're a complete idiot.

Also, not Yea Forums.

Thanks for pasting something that proves me right

Compare to the size of her forehead-vagina.

Yeah, a fictionalized version of it, durrr

Retard

You've never made a single point to explain why it is hamfisted. The purpose of the imagery has been explained, multiple times, and you just keep screeching away without trying to explain your thoughts. That's why you come off as stupid.

>This might just be the best film I have ever seen

Attached: 1519014658378.png (732x772, 34K)

You seem to not understand pasting a bunch of words doesnt make you right.
so is it a fictional version or not trying to be it at all.... keep your lies straight please

>EoE might just be the best film I have ever seen

Attached: 1516746442351.jpg (645x729, 88K)

(You)

Attached: 1561113072323.jpg (533x768, 70K)

Imegine being 12 and looking like a 55 year old shopkeep.
>asians age well

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-06-24-23h28m52s267.png (624x480, 370K)

Evangelion is a deconstruction of Mazinger, or rather the idea of a seemingly benevolent scientist giving their child a cool robot to pilot. Yui and Gendo are meant to show that Juzo Kabuto would be a terrible parent if applied realistically.

The comparisons to Gundam doesn't work because Zeta, Victory, Wing, and IBO are darker than Eva

Importance is subjective. If enough people think something is important it is. Same for depth. If enough people discuss the themes, characters, and messages of the work, it has depth. If you disagree, give a definition of importance and depth where this is not the case.

EVA is pretty much the Room played straight

>so is it a fictional version or not trying to be it at all.... keep your lies straight please

seethe harder, retard.

Attached: asuka-langley-soryu-31748-1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 329K)

It wasn't even close to the first anime to explore depression. Idiotic sheep like you worship it because you're dumb and move wherever the herd goes.

Except that Anno outright contradicts everything you said in his interview with Comic Natalie where he said that the Christian symbolism in Evangelion has explicit meaning. Anno also said of Evangelion that Shinji believes in the supernatural, he believes in the "unseen, invisible god", and that the angels he meets in Evangelion are "spiritual beings" of a higher nature, unlike the humans he meets the first time who are in the body of a human and "just a human who's just trying to live their life". These statements contradict what I just said to you above on how Asuka's spiritualism could be interpreted in the first half of Evangelion. Also Anno has confirmed that if you watched the Japanese version of Evangelion, the first episode (the first full feature film) showed Anno having "unconscious" dreams during filming, so how can you expect a non-animated story based on them to actually be true?

It means the doors to the primordial womb have been literally opened

>NOOOOOO STOP LIKING IT CAN'T YOU SEE IT'S POPULAR SO IT SUCKS?

Oh look it's another of THOSE retards who didn't watch/read Mazinger.

Go back to talking about how Gundam is about sentient rock em sock em robots fighting over the fate of the galaxy, dumbfuck.

>the unstoppable force meets the immovable object

>EVANGELION IS A MASTERPIECE! I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER ABOUT MYSELF BECAUSE I KNOW ALL THE SUBTLE INTRIKACIES THAT ALL THE NORMALFAGS DON"T GET! PRAISE ANNO!

Attached: 1546914455036.jpg (208x250, 30K)

you are a max-level retard if you think people are referring to the religious iconography when they call evangelion deep.

Okay, well my shit I took this morning was of the utmost importance to the human race and you can't prove me wrong then. Importance no longer matters thank you for ruining it.
Okay. I guess you have quite literally nothing to say
As someone who studied christianity for many years I can tell you to anyone who understands the source material it has absolutely 0 meaning. also
>interviews months/years after the fact are totally the intention at the time of release
You guys are aware the reason for the last 2 episodes is cause they ran out of funding... right?

Nobody said it sucks, but the fact that idiots like you are still trying to make a bigger deal out of it than it really is reinforces the idea you're just a braindead sheep.

20+ years running and Asuka is STILL best girl. Reifags, don't bother replying, this is an Asukachad thread.

Attached: 2406919-_asuka_subs_neon_genesis_evangelion_remastered_08___asuka_strikes__dvd_704x480_x264_aac_ogg_ (704x480, 214K)

Well there is certainly not a millisecond of any other part of the show that should be considered deep by anyone with above a double digit IQ

The interviews were during the show's run.

>TV is only deep if it's expensive

Stick to Dune

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)

Yeah, I like Evangelion. Yeah, I post about it on Yea Forums. So what? This is what I have fun doing and I think the show is deep. You got a problem with that?

Attached: 1560973777794.jpg (243x234, 18K)

Then link it friend

Your shit very well could have been important to you. Nobody can tell you otherwise. However, it may not be important to anyone else, and therefore lack importance in a broader sense. I doubt that shit influenced anybody else's shit, nor did it inspire anyone to make better shits, nor are many people discussing your shit. Therefore your shit, while personally important to you, is not very important to shits as a whole.

When have I said it was the first anime to explose depression? Why is this even relevant? Are you retarded?

>MOM THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT EVA IN THE EVA THREAD AGAIN

Seriously, have sex.

Attached: oo-vaping-pepe-2741611.png (500x548, 62K)

This is quite possible the worst strawman I have ever seen in my life.
stop replying youre too stupid to function. You literally ruined the concept of "importance" by democratizing it you fucking retard, subjectivists like you have fucking ruined this world

I LOVE EVANGELION!

Attached: 1531566593010.png (632x756, 16K)

retard confirmed

>Yeah, I like wojaks. Yeah, I post them constantly on Yea Forums. So what? This is what I have fun doing and I think the meme is funny. You got a problem with that?

Attached: 1558508722747.png (645x731, 216K)

>forcing evangelion threads on Yea Forums
>"i-its on netflix now! t-therefore we can discuss it and you shouldn't bully us!"

Attached: 1527738548983.jpg (645x671, 81K)

All this does is prove to me I'm correct because instead of substantiating your claims you look for a reason to avoid the discussion

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-06-24-23h37m51s152.png (624x480, 344K)

Then give an alternative definition of importance? How can something be important outside of group consensus? If nobody things something is important, then by definition it isn't.

>Complaining about anime on Yea Forums

Attached: a6bd5172452730877a6adc84c0b6dcaf.jpg (400x386, 23K)

Evangelion truly is a masterpiece, no other anime has used religious symbolism so meaningfully before. People just don't understand how brilliant Anno is!

Attached: 1538953929547.jpg (821x797, 120K)

The same one without your subjectivist democratization.

>forcing anime threads on Yea Forums when you have an entire board exclusively dedicated to anime

Attached: 1528766445738.jpg (988x1059, 139K)

Janitors? JANITORS?! THEY'RE BULLYING US EVANGELION FANS AGAIN!

Attached: 1553834204907.gif (307x343, 22K)

Berserk (1997) is actually the best anime of all time

Attached: 1558326671706.jpg (960x720, 227K)

I know this has nothing to do with what you're talking about but why the fuck are Shinji and Rei (presumably) talking to each other on the phone when they're right next to each other? They can't be talking to other people, they're fucking Shinji Ikari and Rei Ayanami, two of the most asocial characters in all of mainstream anime.

WE ARE THE EVANGELION FANS!

Attached: 7w3.png (1629x945, 920K)

>>forcing wojak posts on Yea Forums when you have an entire website exclusively dedicated to shitposts

Attached: reddit.jpg (660x371, 44K)

She's like 14 nigga

GENDO!? IT'S GENDO! GENDO GENDO GENDO!

Attached: 1527113462919.gif (413x243, 51K)

It sure has the best soundtrack
And the best dub

They're talking to me :)

Attached: Misato_yelling_NGE.png (1024x768, 725K)

See, if the author narrowed down Evangelion to
>everything is meant to be cool
then I would says he is based as fuck and has all my respects. Because in the end Evangelion IS really cool, even if I can't make sense out of it.

this, I just wish it didn't take 50 years to get a second season that didn't have garbage "animation"

Guys, am I the only one who does the Gendo desk pose in real life? I do it in class out of habit, and I feel like everyone is beckoning to my superior intellect.

Attached: 1511112276356.jpg (988x1059, 116K)

>yfw when you're an otaku and you set out to make the self described "ultimate otaku anime" but you realize during preproduction that you fucking hate yourself

Attached: Dj75ImdW4AALSVO.jpg (624x480, 37K)

Netflix marketing dept really on point this week.

>"Hey, Yea Forums's an anime board, spam our newly dubbed crap on there and they'll eat it up!"

NO! EVANGELION IS A MASTERPIECE! STOP SAYING IT ISN'T THAT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT! WHAT HAVE I SPENT 15 YEARS OF MY LIFE TELLING EVERYONE IS A MASTERPIECE?!!!

Attached: 1559999641880.jpg (320x310, 38K)

the symbolism
is that she truly is a clean and kempt person
seeing as how no soiled
panties are laying around everywhere like most slobs rooms

NPC
INCARNATE

Guys? Was I the only one deeply moved by the scene with Rei and Asuka in the elevator? That like, long period of silence conveys their relationship so beautifully. I wish americans knew how to do highly unique character interactions like that.

Attached: 1518760563996.jpg (988x1059, 160K)

Why yes I have an entire folder of onions man to spend my night spamming, how did you know?

Attached: 1561421444549.jpg (1024x1024, 80K)

That scene's kino you retarded brainlet. If you're going to criticize shortcuts at least cite the Kawrou scene when it's been played out, fucking pseud.

Does anyone else like to rewatch Evangelion with their onions by their side?

Attached: 1527053258362.png (644x800, 15K)

2 PM in Australia. Must be aussie-incel time. I guess I'll leave until these kids pass out or go to bed.

wait a minute. I recognise those edges

>That scene's kino
>kino
KINO?! I LOVE KINO!

Attached: 1561356820112.png (703x800, 37K)

>That scene's kino you retarded brainlet
Actually, it was the result of running out of budget. Way to go reading way too much into a scene, to the point you come up with your own headcanon, idiot.

>hedgehog's dilemma expressed through most of the characters in varying ways
>rei's journey to self-actualization
>expression of the hegelian dialectic and the importance of the self-other distinction in regards to instrumentality versus the real world
>numerous freudian references and imagery
>instrumentality equated to death through the kom susser tod sequence
>use of bach's jesus bleibet meine freude at the end of instrumentality when shinji reenters the real world

there's plenty of depth in evangelion. you just have to look for it.

FUCK YOU EVANGELION IS KINO! Yea Forums TOLD ME SO!

Attached: 1558204734134.jpg (612x1200, 66K)

those are not mutually exclusive. creativity is born from limitation.

Did somebody say Evangelion?!

Attached: 1560269077279.png (632x756, 25K)

don't forget dashes of lacan and schelling

>BE DUNSTON

>CHECK IN

B A A A A A S E D

Again idiot, the only reason that scene played out the way it did is because they literally had no money or time. It's not an artistic choice for a low budget work, it was a choice they were forced to make because of financial circumstances.

Morons like yourself will suck Anno's cock to no end though, and delude yourself into believing it's more meaningful than it really was.

Attached: 1537031811623.png (387x379, 31K)

>It's not an artistic choice for a low budget work
yes it is

>it was a choice they were forced to make because of financial circumstances.
Just like every other decision made pretty much ever...?

y'all need to get laid

>evangelion's symbolism is deep and meaningful

Attached: 1523988036669.png (474x711, 90K)

I already know you're a moron, no need to keep validating that notion.

He doesn't like Evangelion? Really? Yikes!

Attached: yikes.png (632x756, 36K)

I accept your concession.

Attached: Stefan_Molyneux_2014-02-10.jpg (630x641, 54K)

ce n'est pas un argument

Good. It's been like 30 minutes since I conceded you're a retard, you've finally moved on.

EoE is a criticism of Gnosticism.

EVANGELION IS A MASTERPIECE! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND WATCH IT!

Attached: 1527779422672.png (800x750, 160K)

Okay kid, come back to me when you can appreciate simple aesthetics lmao

Attached: giphy (4).gif (480x303, 991K)

>not realizing you're retarded and arguing with a lot of people that know you are in fact a special kind of dumb faggot
oh, the ironing

the inclusion of symbolic imagery and deep philosophical themes does not automatically make a movie good

literally the moral of the story is human interaction is pain, but without pain you cannot experience the love and happiness you can derive from interacting with others. the human condition is the duality of love/pain. shinji rejects instrumentality at the end because he realizes pain is worth being able to see asuka/rei/misato/yui again, even if it means subjecting himself to possible rejection./loneliness.

the religious themes are just a backdrop.

any other interpretation is just tryharding.

cont

time is shown going by through misatos cross rusting, meaning although shinji rejects it, its not so easy for everyone else to come to this realization. shinji notes multiple times, why is it bad to run away from pain? its easy to isolate yourself to avoid rejection, but only when you open yourself up to others can you truly live.

>best film
>posts art from a tv show
What are you? Stupid or something?

Attached: eva rebuild gendo 3.jpg (315x236, 8K)

With literally handicapped designs like that, maybe it's a good thing 4.0 and 4.44 is never coming out.

Attached: anno evangelion from the greek 1484539821934.jpg (1111x1750, 319K)

based best girl

Attached: Snow Angel - Ramiel Evangelion.jpg (640x480, 23K)

true. luckily evangelion is good.

Attached: 1517517904702.png (1441x1075, 1.65M)

REBUILDS REALLY ARE TAKING THE PISS LMAO

N O T
C A N O N

FUCKING CASHGRAB HACKERY, ANNO IS A CHEAP WHORE
WELL, A MODERATELY PRICED WHORE

evangelion was chosen because it can be shortened to eva. as in eva, the first woman who was created from the rib of adam. like all Evangelions who were cloned from Adam the Angel.

Rebuilds are sequels

Attached: evangelion karou king of the moonrace 1276145234862.png (590x351, 286K)

I do think it being the term for Gospel also factored into it. I don't think it was that arbitrary, even if it's not all that deep either.

Attached: anno evangelion apartment on fire 1359264990475.jpg (624x480, 70K)

I preferred the rebuild version of this battle

This is the only Eva pepe I've ever come across.

I really fucking hate aliens.

unironically this, the fact that it's called Evangelion is just cause it sounded cool to the writer, EVA is mostly just aesthetics with symbolism that you COULD find meaning it, but its certainly going to be a surprise to the original creator if you do. The real depth comes from the exploration of fear of failure, depression, sexual anxiety, mental health etc. not it religious imagery

>addicted to consequence-free communication and sense of superiority over normies
You know that was typed by a twitter blue checkmark right? because any opnion that differs from them is instantly followed by consequence, they hate the fact that we can spew our soul in here and no aids mob can do anything about it.
This whole image is their "meme" attempt at getting back at those racist fourchanners.

Attached: 1344061444986.jpg (692x659, 180K)

>i read everything about it before watching it
this is the type of retard we have to deal with from now on.

this is why I come to Yea Forums. for this kind of shit

>238 replies
>77 posters

jeff pls go

>nobody notices the scar
yep, zoomers are here

triggered as fuck

Lots of directors lie in interviews, usually they hate the entire format itself and just want to joke around and troll. The Coen Brothers do it a lot, Lars Von Trier does it a lot, Lynch is the obvious king of interview trolling. Mostly they want their work to speak for itself and not shove an interpretation down your throat. What's the point of even making art if you don't like the viewer try to understand it on their own?

A visual feast to be sure.

Attached: 1141336112692.jpg (600x405, 282K)

>New Yea Forumsnimu dub tranny for MC
>Yea Forums loves it
Lmao, what a progress

Attached: 1501336735587.jpg (1920x1986, 404K)

Holy shit who fucking cares as long as he sounds good

the doors of guf are the doors of a chamber that have all the souls, its a "mithycal" thing; those doors were closed since a while after the 2 impact and that is why you dont see children under 14 in the anime and the only rei that have soul is important is the second one, the one that loves Gendo.

A cruel angels sneedthis

please post it