Attached: dark.png (1920x1080, 2.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencing.com/difference-between-solar-lunar-years-8513472.html
astronomytrek.com/the-bootstrap-paradox-explained/
dark.netflix.io/elisabeth-doppler/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novikov_self-consistency_principle
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

De sneeden de feeden, ja?

If jonas is so concerned with stopping everything why doesn't he just shoot himself in the head.

I forget why the cycle was 33 years

The cycle doesnt even matter in season 2 as people are going with claudia and spending a year off camera in the future to come back to the next day.
The show was great until s02e04 when it went off the rails

I imagine it's the same reason Noah couldn't shoot Adam. He tried, but the gun malfunctioned or whatever. The timeloop paradox is set so no matter what you do the same thing has to happen.

Because he didn't, if the option of him shooting himself even existed the loop would never exist in the first place. There are tons of "options" that can stop the loop but the reality is they will never be taken, because it being an option is really just an illusion. That's why Adam tells Jonas "you can stop me, or try to save her", full well knowing he will "choose" the latter.

And also because Claudia told him it's not a good idea (possibly because she wants the loop to continue for some reason).

Attached: hymtp26a19631.png (986x543, 607K)

hannah best girl

no
it is Girl from the Future

>netflix shill
Hide

>Elder god tier:
Futurefu
Loli Elisabeth

>God tier:
Adult Hannah
Franziska

>High tier:
Young Regina
Young Hannah

>Fuckable but shit character tier:
Martha

>Unfuckable tier:
Regina
Old Elisabeth
Charlotte
Claudia
Young Claudia

>Absolute shit tier:
Katharina

>consider the following
Emo Martha

He was there because of Adam's corrected time machine and just stayed in the past.

How old is Middle Aged Jonas? Like mid-late 40s?

Because he doesn't know what unintended consequences it might have. Also, he clearly doesn't want to die unless he's really sure it would save Mikkel.

I think old Jonas calls himself Adam because he knows/predicts that he is the ancestor of all winden. Maybe going back hundreds of years.

I just watched season 1 episode 1 and now i'm kinda scared .

Why am i such a pussy

Attached: 1556835102350.png (1546x851, 1.59M)

It stops being spooky after the first two or so episodes iirc

only younger version

Hannah has THAT something. She's not a 10/10 but she's incredibly appealing and hot. She's like a female slayer

>those last 10 minutes
Pure kino

Add 33 years onto whatever age high school Jonas is, so yeah probably.

I don't get how Charlotte touching Elisabeth causes the apocalypse when people are constantly travelling through time and talking to themselves

The charged up God particle tanks caused the apocalypse.

So that dumbass detective is the one to blame

Yes

>Bible
>Apocalypse 22: 13 (time of Michael's suicide)
>I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

>S1 handsome boy Mads Nielsen dead
DROPPED

Well I guess we know what the premiere and/or finale of the finale season is going to be called.

Wait, is Katharina the one who made the map that Jonas found in his dad's room?

And where is she going? I think she might go to some other dimension/world since it was so bright and she opened the gate when everything was about to go bonkers. I hope we got more Katharina kino next season

>I think she might go to some other dimension/world since it was so bright and she opened the gate when everything was about to go bonkers.
I'm wondering if she's going to the paradise Adam talked about.

>I'm wondering if she's going to the paradise Adam talked about.
Probably no such thing, Adam's full of shit and insane. But I hope it is some sort of alternate "better" world, not the one emo Martha came from.

Dark? More like DORK. Cause thats what you are if you watch this trash pile!

>Look mom, I posted it again!

That opening song evokes strong feelings of hopelessness

>Charlotte
>Unfuckable

>Probably no such thing, Adam's full of shit and insane.
Doesn't mean he's wrong. Would be cool if series ends with the "villain" winning.

I am curious about where Emo Martha comes from. This season brought up the fact the H.G. Tannhaus's book has no origin. Perhaps it comes from this alternate dimension? Maybe the same goes for the notebook as it seems both Claudia and Adam don't seem to be the creators.

I'd empty my balls inside of Katharina, Hannah, Charlotte, Martha, Franzisca, Elisabeth and Agnes. Claudia and Regina are unfuckable trash

patrician
imagine what making her smile feels like

Attached: 810RIVmWwH2NFFn8qQk0lXsx5xt[1].jpg (400x600, 37K)

"dark"

Attached: 1561214526942.jpg (1200x750, 48K)

should I reward S1 first? I'm not a brainlet but the recap had me confused

I’m on s2 episode 7 and I must say episode 6 was particularly comfy to watch

You won't get most things without having seen Season 1

why would you even try to watch from season 2? the whole show is about the relationship between the different characters. Skipping the whole first season basically means you never get to see them interact for more than a few minutes. This show isn't like x-files where each episode is standalone, it's more like one long movie

pretty sure you meant rewatch instead of reward, if so, yes. i'm doing the same.

Re-watch ***
i saw S1 and loved it but that was probly 15 months ago

I did the similarly. Watched it soon after it came out. But other the major plot point of Mikkel being Michael, forgot most things. I think I got a lot more from S2 from rewatching S1.

roger that

Do the 33 years factor in leap years?

Would I enjoy the second season if I didn't find first remarkable at all? Critics and fans are making the second season out to be a television masterpiece.

>Martha in s2

Attached: 1418059245190.jpg (509x499, 123K)

this show is absolute KINO. Thank you, Yea Forums. I don't even know what to think right now.

Attached: 1336453012083.jpg (179x163, 5K)

It's more of the same. Personally I didn't enjoy the second season as it felt like an drawn out setup for the next season.

Katharina is a 10/10 mommy. Would love for her to go crazy when I went missing yanno?

Attached: Untitled.png (2211x1014, 1.83M)

It's just the way mystery unfolds in the first season that I find uninteresting. There is suppose to be some air of mystery about what could have possibly happened to the kids that went missing. Instead of letting that intrigue sit within viewers for a good amount of time in the story, you already get the idea after 2 or 3 eps that one of them was murdered with the possible culprit (s) being connected to time travel, and the other went back in time.

is elizabeth charlotte's mother?

Kinematographie ist Film-Wissenschaft

Yeah they're the human equivalent of the chicken and the egg.

>Katharina is a 10/10 mommy
>MIKKEL REEEEEE
>FUCK MY OTHER TWO KIDS

Kathatina is shit! SHIT!

the lyrics... what do they mean????

Attached: le what's going on man.jpg (1020x574, 112K)

>little brother died
why ;_;

show is mediocre at best. but because germany made only absolute holocaust-tier shit movies and shows it seems a lot better than it is.

Attached: 1560484102469.jpg (678x452, 37K)

who would have known, the secret of making kino is the writers are writing it completely from the very beginning. seems like a lost art, even more plundered by fanfic pandering, political correctness and self insert. also
benni is best girl(male)

what happened in the first season again?

Literally did nothing wrong. Think about it from his chronological perspective; he hears a violent madman in 1954 saying "My only goal is to take many lives, the more the better I feel". This case clearly dwells on his conscience for years. In the eighties, while investigating a missing child, he hears the same words as lyrics in a metal song, being listened to by a known troublemaker kid. Not hard to see why he was so suspicious about satanism

Are ya'll watching dubbed or german with subs?

>show is mediocre at best
Name ONE (1) other movie or tv show with a more in-depth and thoughtful time-travel plot.

Primer though Primer takes the exact opposite approach to time travel: you can change the past

>you can change the past

Cringe and massively bluepilled

German with subs..

I'm sorry your shitty life has made you believe in determinism user
But you can change your future :)

>Primer
In terms of scientific accuracy? yes
In terms of story and characters? no

What primer does in 90 minutes, dark does literally every episode. Not to mention, writing with a closed time loop is a million times more harder than writing with multiple timelines

I watch it in German, because unlike you uneducated american dumbfuck, we are able to speak more than one language...

Are you proposing that the show was ever on rails?

I don't even know any other sci-fi work besides Terminator 1 that uses proper time travel logic (ie closed time loops)

Bill & Ted unironically

didn't Harry Potter use it when he saved himself?

Everytime Adam talks I get a boner

What will it be called? Omega?

LOST
Interstellar

Fyi, There's a book called The Tourist too I really recommend it for fans of closed time loops

threadly reminder hannah is a whore

I am german, i just wanted to know from the anglos because i was curious.

Charlotte 1986 is the cutest character in the entire show

>not wanting Claudia 1953's cunny
very unbased

>The cycle doesnt even matter in season 2 as people are going with claudia and spending a year off camera in the future to come back to the next day.
I think you misunderstood, it depends on 'when' they travel from. pic related.
Also adam manages to build machine that they can go to any time they want.
>I forget why the cycle was 33 years
sciencing.com/difference-between-solar-lunar-years-8513472.html
>The charged up God particle tanks caused the apocalypse.
Not sure about that. Also
the apocalypse only seems to destroy winden. They believe it was nuclear powerplant exploding, but something else happened obviously.
>And where is she going? I think she might go to some other dimension/world since it was so bright and she opened the gate when everything was about to go bonkers. I hope we got more Katharina kino next season
100% that is why she is next to that weird bright gate that open up. When usually it is dark.
>Probably no such thing, Adam's full of shit and insane. But I hope it is some sort of alternate "better" world, not the one emo Martha came from.
Maybe he´s not. The loop in dark is bootstrap paradox and predestination paradox.
>The Predestination Paradox and the Bootstrap Paradox, on the other hand, are examples of closed loops in time in which ’cause and effect’ repeat in a circular pattern, resulting in a self-created entity with no point of origin. Despite being an oddity and apparently conspiring against our understanding of causality, this ‘self-caused’ event, like the Big Bang, does not appear to be an impossibility. Nor does it imply any inconsistency with the timeline’s history. In fact, all the events in the time loop are “fixed” and take place on a single unchangeable timeline.
This is what they are stuck in, and what adam tries to get them out of.

Attached: dark_when.png (1278x712, 551K)

Adam is an even better version of Jude Law.
Discuss.

OR.. is adam trying to create a totally new reality utilizing this paradox. To escape the loop they are in. Who knows.. we have to wait and see.
>sic mundus creatus est.
>Thus the world was created.
astronomytrek.com/the-bootstrap-paradox-explained/

>I think you misunderstood, it depends on 'when' they travel from. pic related.
He's talking about
>In the last 12 months.
>You taught me everything, about the future and past.
when Jonas explains why he suddenly started being all cryptic after going with old Claudia.

>Adam is an even better version of Jude Law.
You mean noah right?

Attached: noah_s2_e3_ghosts.png (1112x722, 634K)

yes, i keep confusing the names in this show

Yo so what the fuck is s3 gonna happen? Just finished S2 gonna rewatch s1

Right i agree, i don´t know who he was before i watched dark, but he´s brilliant for that role.
Name
>Mark Waschke
He has done some other work mostly german series and movies. But this is probably his first major role where he really gets international attention.
Same with the other actors. I love how all the actors seem to be really good but mostly you have no idea who they even are. More movies should have that sort of casting. Rather than casting same actors over and over again. Because then it is like they are that story. Bad for actors careers i guess, but good for storytelling.
And yes, he does look a bit like jude law if you use your imagination a little bit. He has that combination of handsomeness and seriousness at the same time. Which is ideal for the role of noah in this series.

Attached: noah_dark.png (522x615, 317K)

So evil burnt face man and the other two hims face off in s3 with goth Martha?
Kino only a year away

>Yo so what the fuck is s3 gonna happen? Just finished S2 gonna rewatch s1
I think you mean WHEN is s3 going to happen, right?
Well, after netflix approved the season 3, they started filming almost immediately.
Dark was always planned in 3 seasons. Most of dialogue and events were prescripted in advance of season 1 even being filmed. Because it all is connected together, which is the theme of it in the first place.
Season 3 will be out in june 2020.

Attached: 1561414747122.jpg (1080x1562, 153K)

Based
A
wit what if we are the paradise he creates
Oh f

I’ve really loved both seasons’ performances so far, especially from Louis Hofmann (young Jonas) and Oliver Masucci (adult Ulrich). But I keep seeing native German speakers say that Dark’s acting is very cheesy and bad in general. Is there something about the performances that gets lost in translation? I haven’t watched much German television but I’ve really loved Dark’s characters and performances so far.

Also I didn’t think I could hate Hannah more after season 1 but she sure proved me wrong

Attached: E95C3AF1-9C49-4C06-A8A5-671ACCF9C87A.png (1042x508, 306K)

Germans are autistic and can't handle acting that isn't conversation at the dinner table

I'm getting 12 Monkeys vibe, other than the protaganist and antagonist turning out to be the same person. Everything else is pretty much the same

>initial premise of the show is only the tip of the iceberg
>end of the world cult
>travelling to the future and further back into the past (villains hiding in the past as well)
>loops within loops
>no true end or beginning
>everyone is somehow related to each other

Attached: wbctn5kjbux01.jpg (898x1162, 125K)

i think they spoke fine. a bit theatrical, but it suits the exaggerated atmosphere

Attached: Ur5P-Ooq.jpg (400x400, 25K)

>I haven’t watched much German television but I’ve really loved Dark’s characters and performances so far.
Nah it´s not bad at all, germans are just not used to seeing a ethnic german series blow up like that internationally in their own language. So i guess to some of them it becomes avoiding critique preemptively by saying.
>if you think it sounds bad or something, just know it´s not really how we are. They are behaving stupidly.
But really non germans like the german dialogue and mannerisms etc. in the series.
Germans are very self concious and frail about themselves and how they are portrayed internationally due to all the anti german sentiment in movies and things the last 50+ years. But really they can´t be dissapointed with this series, i think it´s extremely respectful towards the german actors and culture and things like this, for example in the older timelines. And it avoids wwII completely which is obviously some trope you see in hollywood movies a lot where something about germany they have to bring up wwII and something about germans being bad. Dark completely avoids that which i really like.

>two series involving similar time travel paradoxes have similarities.
Yeah who would have thought.

>mads mikkelsen in the middle.
kek.

Native Germans only have three tones of voice:
1. Passive aggressive. See Helge Doppler’s mother, Greta Doppler.
2. Bored/depressed. Imagine a broken family making small talk at a dinner table. Most Germans are in this mode 24/7.
3. Absolute fury. See Hitler.

Any expression falling outside of these three does not compute for most Germans, which is why the acting in this show confuses them. If they acted like Germans Noah would've started screaming and wildly gesticulating with his hands whilst proclaiming a war against Poland.

>Any expression falling outside of these three does not compute for most Germans, which is why the acting in this show confuses them. If they acted like Germans Noah would've started screaming and wildly gesticulating with his hands whilst proclaiming a war against Poland.
Ah here the shitting on germans begins. You can´t handle 1 series that doesn´t has any negative trope about germans like almost every single hollywood movie. So you come here to do it instead..

I think their acting suite the show perfectly it's a time travel soap except it a not really because of all the inselfcest and given the temporal shenanigans it's perfectly reasonable to freak the fuck out whwb your brother is also your father and your dead mothers younger self visits you
Or your younger sister comes back older and makes sex on your face
Suprised this show doesn't have tonnes of rule 34 with how fucked up it is

banter

Attached: German - detected.jpg (573x369, 30K)

>banter.
Ok schlomo shekelstein. The anti german brainwash is really funny a 50+ year joke where germans are taught their people are bad and to hate themselves and every hollywood movie produced by jews ofcourse, has some wwII trope.
It´s really JUST BANTER.. it´s not brainwash and bullshit at all.

It´s just banter..
You don´t notice brainwash anti german propaganda when you see it do you. None of which you say is true about germans. And to the extent that it are of some it´s directly because of this propaganda against them.

So we have here a nice series with german actors, with nothing really bad against germans or germany. And here comes fatberg shekelturd in from the side and gives some trope about germans only have 3 tones of voice or expressions.

the famous german sense of humor at work here

oh jeez he's entering category three. run, jews, run!

>the famous german sense of humor at work here
It´s not sense of humor or banter. You have nothing to say but idiotic jewish designed tropes that are anti german and horseshit..

What happens if you say anything negative about jews. Oh you can´t say that that is antisemitic.
But you can brainwash people anti german for 70 fucking years that´s totally fine. And then call it banter to say that germans only have 3 tones of voice and expressions. And ofcourse 1 of them is declaring war against poland..
IT´S JUST JOKES.. you stupid fucking jew..
for 50+ years germans have been told they are bad, that they should see themselves as bad, and other people of world are told germans bad through hollywood movies made by jews. And then you pretend this is just acceptable banter?
Just shut your fucking mouth if you don´t have anything sensible to say you fucking jew..

I´m not german but when i see this anti german bullshit time and time again, as if 70 years is not enough. And then you call it banter. I kind of want to make a time machine too. And guess what i would like to use it for.

That was the first season finale.
The second season premiere and finale were Beginning and Ending.
So the third will be "First and the Last"

As if you are not a fucking jew.. I hear jews are great with banter right? They have such a sense of humor they want to claim you should be in jail for being anti semitic.

I just can´t believe some retard would go to some kind of post about dark, and then start firing anti german tropes around claiming it´s banter. Just because he´s apparently so pissed that there´s not something anti german in the series..

So what exactly did adult Jonas using the time machine in the tunnel do? Besides create the time rift in the bunker

I personally think that their acting is Solid, and more akin to theatre/Drama performace (like some other user suggested). How acting for stage is always a bit exaggerated, and I think that in connection with the convoluted time travel story/ dialogue makes some people consider it bad acting.

Why didn't a formal test of Mads body ever get carried out once Ulrich started to piece it together?

It closed the passage. Which led to the plans this season fo reopen it. Which led to the apocalypse and Katharina being sent who knows where.

In Seasom 1 Noah also says it creates Time Travel in the first place but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

I'm kind of disappointed that Michael's suicide and letter are nothing more than a bootstrap paradox, kinda takes away from the meaning of it all. His suicide wasn't genuine and the words in the letter didn't come from his heart, he just copied them. Sad.

The best moment was when Jonas said:
>Ich war in der Vergangenheit, Martha. Ich habe alles gesehen. Der Holocaust, die Anschläge vom 11. September; alles davon. Es waren die Juden, Martha. Wir müssen sie aufhalten. Ich gehe zurück, Martha. Ich werde in der Zeit weiter zurückgehen als irgendjemand zuvor. Ich werde auf das Jahr 1939 zurückgehen und sicherstellen, dass das arische Volk gewinnt. Ich bin Ed Miliband, herrlich, gütig, barmherzig, und ich werde dieses Land von der Krankheit reinigen, die es bewohnt. Die Zeit wird sich an mich erinnern und ich werde angebetet wie ein Gott.

I agree. I still enjoyed that episode but it really took away from his character. Especially since this season gives perfect natural reasons why he would commit suicide.

Take your jew friend with you asshole.

Limited culpability tier
> Helge
>Peter
>Charlotte

Wrong place wrong time tier
>Mikkel/Michael
>Bartosz

Too good for this world tier
>Egon
>Regina

Raging bitches Tier
>Katharina
>Hannah
>Martha
>Claudia

How do they pick such fucking kino music, most of it has like no views on youtube

fuck off, Martha is my Darkfu

Add Aleksander to too good for this world.

>murderer
>to good for this world
are you ok user?

Attached: muh.webm (1920x1080, 2.93M)

Attached: goddammit.jpg (1238x492, 86K)

I also think it is absolutely perfect that dark goes on in germany, and with german cast. Because germans (which i am admirer of german culture and etiquette in lots of ways). Have it where everything must be exactly correct.. And just perfect. And so it looks on outside in winden that everything is perfect. But at same time they have some secrets.. that unravel through the series.. so there is a fine crack in the appearance of that everything is just genau so.. That everything is right, and there is a problem in winden.. And they all seem to have some secret they are witholding and play a part in it, unknown to eachother a lot of the time. I think that´s just brilliant from the directors side!
And i like how he manage to represent german culture and people and behaviour with dignity and respect. When he tries to render how germany looked in recent past (80's), and in 50's and 1921 and so on.. Whilst at same time telling the story. And fortunately no stupid insinuations about wwII or any things like this. To try to shit on german people. I think it´s so well and respectfully done throughout the series!

Attached: braff.png (430x348, 312K)

Young Claudia best girl

s2 soundtrack is decent, but s1 soundtrack is much better

Attached: Dark.S02E06.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.x264-MZABI.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

The best thing about this is no til schweiger

>other worlds
When was you when this show jumped the shark?

>opening music is the same as the breaking bad climax

really?

Ulrich was still skeptical at the idea of time travel at the time and he pretty much immediately went to find Helge and followed him to the cave, which lead to him being stuck in the 50's. He didn't really tell dare to identify the body to be Mads to anyone until it was too late.

based

what's the significance of franzisca's tits in this eternal time loop that the writer thought it is absolutely important to portray them in a show with basically no time for filler?

Is this actually good?
I remember dropping it on episode 3 of s1 for some reason

Loli Claudia and teen Regina are sex goddesses you big homo

to provide people on anonymous boards a way to spot the homosexuals that complain about it

It's a show where you have to unironically turn your brain on to keep track on what's going and enjoy it

What the hell could’ve even allowed this to happen? There must have been an original mother, whether that’s Charlotte or Elisabeth. But from that point forward, how is it possible for Noah to have a daughter with Elisabeth and then that daughter turns out to be Charlotte?

Attached: 1C273B9A-C242-4B78-8E59-38C2CE739E2F.jpg (3072x2052, 403K)

Japanese with English subs

granted I am a homosexual and happy that young Jonas shows his ass (although too brief) but that doesn't occupy much time, and it serves its purpose

The baby is sent back in time.

Kinda weird how this and the oa both have closed time loops as a concept as well as dimentional jumps
Really makes me think
S1 has its moments and only really has any value of u binge it then directly watch s2
S3 will be out in a year so you've got plenty of time to catch up

That said it's a excellent show that has no business been as good as it is especially considering there is literally no current era Netflix propaganda besides a tranny and one lezzo scene no nudity and niggers don't even exist no sjw crap apart from the moron chick selling the tranny hrt calling him a she and reeing about it once
Also suprisingly good acting and general production from a kraut series
I'm not even germen but I'd rate it right up there with das boot
It's fantastic and even with subs (the dub is horrid) it's very enjoyable to watch and you'll learn German at the same time
Winwin

It's easily the best new show to come out in a while.
Glad kino is filling the vacuum since hbo shit the bed with got and westworld then made up for it with chenobyl

2020+ gonna be great for streaming kino fuck movies and fuck weekly tv

Nobody really knows how paradoxes would work in reality so this show just said fuck it and actually tried to sit there in true Germanic obsessive detail and work it out.
I'm not smart or well versed enough on the subject but all I know is that the show spells out what it thinks what's happening is a bootstrap paradox

There is no original mother, because that would imply that the loop started somehow. There is no point of origin because the loop has already been present eternally. A circle has no start nor finish. It's just a circle and you'll drive yourself mad trying to reach a nonexistent beginning when trying to go "back" to some point of origin. These concepts do not apply to a loop.

I don't remember but did Martha in season 1 mention the kiss to Jonas (from S2 EP 6) and he was confused about it?

>I don't remember but did Martha in season 1 mention the kiss to Jonas (from S2 EP 6) and he was confused about it?
They kiss in season 1 because he´s in love with her then find out she´s technically his aunt because of mikkel. (jonas's father is her little brother who travelled to 1986 and could not find his way back). Shows they are already in the loop before mikkel dissapears. Because it´s again a bootstrap paradox. How can mikkel be another familys little brother and at same time be jonas's father. And he´s hanging out with his own father (little mikkel) before he dissapears.. Yet mikkel has at same time been his father throughout jonas's life..

No, I meant the kiss at the lake when Future Jonas kisses Martha and tells her they belong together, die she mention that in season 1 and he was confused about it?

>That one autist who keeps spamming that it's a bootstrap paradox and misses the entire point of the show and the fact that there are other worlds

I want to give Hannah the happy life she deserves bros

faggot off yourself

she really doesn't deserve one

So now there's not only different time periods but parallel universes?
Maaaan fuck this shit

The other worlds are part of the loop

I think she was referring to the night they slept together at the anniversary party, not the kiss at the lake. So Jonas knows what she's talking about and isn't confused.

It didn't, they just happened to touch when it happened

>That one rambling retard who ruins every DarK thread

Attached: 1561469128401.jpg (396x382, 41K)

>No, I meant the kiss at the lake when Future Jonas kisses Martha and tells her they belong together, die she mention that in season 1 and he was confused about it?
No in season 1 there´s this scene where it is raining and she is waiting for him outside her house (s1 e9). And he after initially having kissed her at dressing room of some play she was going to do, he then finds out who his father is. And can´t explain it to her. Except he has to break it off with her. And he just says they don´t fit together, and they simply don´t match (which is a lie). And she kiss him again and asks him if this is wrong. And he says i´m sorry and leaves.

This is why future jonas says to her at lake.
>we are a perfect match for eachother, never think anything else.
Which is when they are at the lake 1 day before his dad (mikkel) hangs himself.

Season 1 starts off 21st of june 2019. With jonas's father 'michael kahnwald' hanging himself for unknown reasons.
They are at the lake in season 2 at 20th june 2019. The day before. So it´s long before they originally kissed and long before the rain scene in season 1.

Whatever kind of great and happy life you offer her, she would immediately throw away to be with Ullrich.

>The other worlds are part of the loop
which loop?
Go watch donnie darko oa and other shows that tackle this

i want to give the long drawn-out, painful death she deserves

it was basically to establish Magnus falling for her, that's especially important because at the end of that episode you see them both as adults working with Adam in the past

>It didn't, they just happened to touch when it happened
It´s relevant.
dark.netflix.io/elisabeth-doppler/
Go look under the second spoiler.
>That retard that doesn´t understand that the bootstrap paradox is used in this series to access alternate reality or create another reality. Aka sic mundus creatus est.
Why don´t you go read what the bootstrap paradox actually is. You´re not half as smart as you think you are.

>these few jews who are foaming at the mouth that a german series doesn´t have some kind of anti german trope in it.. So they go in this thread and post some anti german shit anyways.

German, always consume media in their original language + subtitles. Anything dubbed is for brainlets

>12 monkeys
Somewhat good but turned cheesy real quick as they discovered the city and the virus had no real meaning

>What the hell could’ve even allowed this to happen? There must have been an original mother, whether that’s Charlotte or Elisabeth. But from that point forward, how is it possible for Noah to have a daughter with Elisabeth and then that daughter turns out to be Charlotte?
Charlotte gives birth to elizabeth. In future elizabeth has a child with noah. That child is charlotte. Charlotte is sent back to the past. To become elizabeths mother. And raised by her grandfather H.G tannhaus. She doesn´t know her mother or father. But it turns out her mother is her own daughter from the future. And noah is her father.
So they are both daughter to eachother. And mother to eachother. And touch hands across past and future. Charlotte is actually from the future. So when charlotte touch elizabeth it´s her own mother who is also her own daughter. So it´s like an extra loop. And we´ll see what it has done along with the other stuff that happened. In season 3. But it´s definately relevant for adams plan that this occurred.

>"next decision, i will change it, i swear"
>"oops that didn't work out, next one, i swear"
>both Martha and Jonas
Who the fuck do you believe then?

The only time i don't watch subbed is with french movies. God, that language is disgusting to hear.

Jonas is really a good actor. Usually teen actors are complete shit.

Is this good compared to movie? Any story changes or did they just prolong it?

So in the last episode its stated that only those inside the bunker at the time of the apocalypse would live, yet in the future we see plenty of other fucking people driving tanks and shit in post apocalyptic Winden

What did they mean by this

post your face when Adam is the Clockmaker

both of them are the narrating voice

For me it is Kid Hannah

>So in the last episode its stated that only those inside the bunker at the time of the apocalypse would live, yet in the future we see plenty of other fucking people driving tanks and shit in post apocalyptic Winden
It´s only winden that is destroyed. So it means anybody not in winden. But all people in winden die.
Within a bootstrap paradox loop, normal causality stops applying. So the past can effect the present the present can effect the future, the future can effect the past and the 'present'.
This violates normal causality. And everything is now depending on if you are in future timeline or present or past.. There´s just 3 timelines in this case..
So adam is using the loop to do all kinds of fuckery with it, to do whatever it is he wants to accomplish. Some new reality or whatever..
In such a paradox loop, you would essentially have infinite time to create whatever you want. And it would occur instantly as if you did it in an instant. BECAUSE you can bring back things from future.. into past.. influence past past is now more advanced. Future become more advanced, go to future again. Bring back stuff from future into past.. past becomes more advanced.. do it again..
All of a sudden you done things that would have causally have taken like A MILLION YEARS.. and it appears to happen instantly.

Hence sic mundus creatus est.
>thus the world was created.
Is the theory and the entire premise is working on. Adam thinks he is creating an entirely different world through this process. We see what happens in 3rd season.
> the Bootstrap Paradox, on the other hand, are examples of closed loops in time in which ’cause and effect’ repeat in a circular pattern, resulting in a self-created entity with no point of origin. Despite being an oddity and apparently conspiring against our understanding of causality, this ‘self-caused’ event, like the Big Bang, does not appear to be an impossibility.

How much "white people is EVIL" is in this show?

I want to watch it but I'm scared it will turn out to be like most of the stuff that has come out recently

None

100% of the cast is white.
So, none at all unless you count villains being villains.

Great, I'll check it out

All of the cast is black and the only white character is evil
Now fuck off

What if Jonas caused the Chernobyl incident to start the whole thing?

Attached: Chernobyl.jpg (1280x692, 44K)

> How much "white people is EVIL" is in this show?
The antagonist of the show is referred to as the White Devil, so take a guess.

That's Claudia.

Is anyone else not gay but think that Jonathan is kinda cute?

Attached: Egon1986.png (310x434, 174K)

Nah, tannhausen is for sure not adam. Nor have the scars etc. Because Tannhausen is just a pawn like the others. Tannhausen also says he is a fraud. He didn´t write the book. He was given manuscript by someone from future.. and copied every single word and image. So now it exists in his time, and therefore also in future, but this allows future to now be far more advanced obviously. And asks claudia if she understands what a bootstrap paradox is. Where an object can exist without ever having been created. As if it travelled itself back in time. And now you can use it in that time.
from s2 e3 ghosts. Where tannhausen explains it. From the book he copied which he was given the manuscript for by someone from the future.
>a bootstrap paradox
>when an object of information from the future is sent back to the past. This creates a never-ending cycle. In which the object or information no longer has any real origin. It exists, without ever having been created. Put simply, this book has travelled back in time. It found me before i even wrote it.
So it´s pretty cool where the series is going with this.

What do the lyrics mean?

Attached: tannhausen.png (1496x657, 813K)

Obviously, they meant they are the only relevant people that survive
We also don't know if the apocalypse extends beyond Winden, but it's hard to imagine it wouldn't, otherwise people would just simply move away. Obviously a few lucky people would happen to be in shielded constructions at the time of the apocylapse.

It's actually very good acting, Kraut speaking here. It's fucking citizen kane compared to normal german television

>adult hannah
>god tier
Disgusting

I want noah to fuck me in the missionary position

Did nothing wrong

Attached: Hannah_1986.JPG.jpg (1920x960, 91K)

I think the acting is really good. All the characters behave naturally, there's no overacting and they have.... realistic faces, I suppose, that you would not get in a US production.

Is Regina still alive? Did her cancer get cured?

I'm genuinely scared of the further plot twists Season 3 is going to be filled with

>who is Tronte's father/Ulrich's grandfather?
Agnes only talks about a man of church who wasn't actually a good man (only man of church we know is her brother Noah)
>who is Helge's wife/Peter's mother?
>who's Hannah giving birth to and with whom in 1954?
>who's going to be Magnus' and Francitzka's children?
They end up in 1921 I think

Also how could Martha be alive if she's dead? I know the alive Martha is coming from another universe, but for that to happen it means that another version of Martha had to either somehow move to this universe before dying, or being born by their parents in the other world

time heals all wounds user

Deutsch, awwer ich bin Deitsch und mein Hochdeutsch ist shrecklich.

>bullied by her schoolmates
>bullied by her mother
>abandoned by her mother
>right after her grandfather's death
>gets cancer
At least she found some mysterious Russian criminal to marry and protect her

Also she was the last person to meet Mads alive but they never went further with that, it's weird that they never showed his character

Attached: 113705_18a5a42c69ab5290afaeffe79f8a8222.jpg (1024x512, 228K)

fuck emo Martha, I am looking forward to 50s
Hannah

that one thing bugged me most. Michael death and written letters should be his own and not Jonas telling him to do so. I liked his character.

> pedo beta detected

They can't really do anything with Mads since the actor is probably too old for new scenes.

They got away with it for the other children by just progressing the whole continuity by ~1/2 year between seasons.

Mads died in S1 so his actor aging doesn't work.

Yeah, and they really had to stretch it with Mikkel's actor clearly about to cross over into full on puberty

>Martha be alive if she's dead?
she died in the future. you can see her tombstone when Jonas walk in the graveyard in the future.

Wait a year and find out like the rest of us.
Thank fuck this is only 3 seasons no filler

Young hannah is shit tier too though. Elizabeth and charlotte are the only good lolis

Yeah the character is a very warm and kind guy. And the actor plays it very well.
>Michael death and written letters should be his own and not Jonas telling him to do so.
It shows how much adam is setting jonas up. Everything jonas ends up trying to change is what creates the loop in the first place. It seems that adam is not wanting to undo the loop, but he is the one creating it on purpose in the first place to do something with it, and the others are thinking they are helping him stop it, but he´s lying to them.
So that part illustrates more the futility of what is going on. Because he ends up 'causing' what he was trying to prevent. Also jonas didn´t realize till mikkel tells him. that it was ALSO jonas who brought him through the cave to 1986 in the first place. And that he had no intention of taking his own life, but maybe now he thinks he has to.

This whole scene, and the whole part of that episode with jonas and his father. Is really good. I like all the parts of that episode (episode 6) with mikkel. I like the natural way the actor plays the role. Really good. That he´s in a lot of ways still little mikkel who got lost in time and couldn´t find his way home. And when he sees himself before he dissapear and all the rest of it..

Attached: michael_mikkel.png (792x676, 518K)

>I´m not german but

I´m not. Fucking idiot comes and says anti german bullshit out of nowhere. Cause he can´t handle that this series doesn´t have it. And then he claims it´s banter.

So what the fuck... other dimensions? really? what is this mary-sue crap? where is my ENDING dammit

Attached: Dark-Martha.png (780x512, 161K)

oops messed up the spoils

>ywn grow old with her

>tfw no little teen will ever be so obsessed with you

Attached: 1561125819607.jpg (970x545, 771K)

They tricked everyone into thinking s2 would be shit with the le welcome to the future *WHACK* shit
Now they're tricking you into thinking s3 will be shit with FROM WHICH WORLD

It's not all it's cracked up to be user. They end up being borderline manipulators 9/10 times and ruin all of your friendships and other relationships. Non-destructive relationships require you to give as much as your partner does, back and forth.

>sic mundus creatus est.
and thus the WORLD was created.
What is the point of the loop?

Still better than being completely insignificant to any person you interact with

Hey all, dropping in this show, watched first three episodes.

Can someone tell me if the time travel makes sense? I haven't watched enough but it seems to be going in a weird direction, not the time travel that makes sense (a separate timeline created when someone meddles with the past), it looks like a closed loop that someone constantly fucks with? Are we just watching the last loop unraveling or is it an ongoing past-meddling plot with no real consequences?

Attached: 1518553081027.jpg (640x643, 154K)

Just watched s02e01 I just hope it makes sense in the end and there arent many holes.
time travel is tough because of all the paradoxes desu
Like I don't think you can change the future or the past idk if they plan to in the end or if its just a story of what happens and how they just are in an endless loop

It's a closed loop that has no beginning and end. The whole point of their struggle in the plot is trying to find the source. Like the chicken and the egg, however, there is no real first moment.

Attached: l00ps.jpg (640x622, 47K)

Dark might have my favorite intro of all time. Perfectly sets the mood.

Attached: Y86W049h.jpg (1024x722, 176K)

>closed loops don't make sense
>le alternate timelines make sense

Imagine being this much of a temporal brainlet.

Dark deals with being stuck in a loop created by a bootstrap paradox created potentially on purpose, but they don´t understand why they are in the loop or how to stop it. Or if someone has created it on purpose. In order to basically give yourself infinite time to alter reality.
astronomytrek.com/the-bootstrap-paradox-explained/ causing an infinity loop. Where both past and present and future gets locked as one timeline, that effect eachother. Everywhere is now. You bring back something from the future. Into past, making past more advanced, future becomes more advanced, you go into future and bring back something into past. Past becomes more advanced so does future.
So you can do millions of years of development in a few moments with that paradox in play. Because it would seem like it is instant.
It´s one of the coolest time travel series i´ve seen.

So the timelines in dark doesn´t obey normal causality or paradoxes. Characters in different versions of themselves can stand next to eachother and nothing happens. Because an action in one time, doesn´t split into a different timeline. Rather it changes the other timelines in the loop.
So you have instances where a guy as kid he dissapears. Then you figure out later he is father to a kid older than him than he was playing with just before he dissapeared. Yet at same time he has been his father his entire life! The fuckery then becomes unbelievable how you can manipulate the different timelines in the loop! Time machine that is built because they bring it from future to a clockmaker, allowing them to build more advanced one. stuff like that.

tl;dr it´s much more believable time manipulation than the usual timeline split where you can´t have any paradox. This is a series where a paradox HAS ALREADY OCCURRED.. and they are trying to get out of it. And figure out how can they become free.

What he said

Attached: atoms-mind-consciousness-759x500.jpg (759x500, 98K)

Which one handled time loops better, this or Dark?

Attached: Cronocrimenes.jpg (265x375, 22K)

Any anons got any theories about the origin of the loop if one would actually exist?

Outside interference

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novikov_self-consistency_principle is worth reading also to understand better why choices that resolve the loop don't actually exist (if they did there would never be a loop in the first place).

I've never seen a work use time travel quite like this show, it's always used as a tool to fix something, but here it's nothing but a trap they can't get out of, a trap that exposes the limits of choice, free will, and the cruelty of fatalism. Nothing they do matters, no choice they take can change the outcome, and to top it all off the hero that's supposed to stop all of it eventually becomes the villain that keeps it going forever.

At least that's what we learned from season 2, obviously there will be SOME kind of solution in s3, but s2 set up the sheer despair perfectly and how none of them really have any fucking clue what they're doing.

When might they have interfered? or is it some kinda cerebral 5th dimension interference that trended the loop together in a plane incomprehensible to the time perspective WE understand?

Well, if we take the bootstrap paradox of Tannhausers book for example: We know he never really wrote it originally, he received it from the future and then passes it on. So there is no real origin, he didn't make it and neither did the person he gets it from.

So then of course you wonder, surely there must have been some kind of ORIGINAL timeline that set this all up, the first ever time travel so to speak? Well, I don't think such a thing necessarily exists. Because there is always "the future", it's a real thing that exists and can be travelled to, so there's never a "first" timeline where the future is NOT already written. And thus the loop truly has always existed, it never had a point of origin.

At least that's my interpretation. It's really mindfucking.

oh god... it's interstellar all over agaib

Attached: file.jpg (1920x1040, 700K)

LamaJ > ERIOVOIRE

LamaJ has:
>two guns
>two bitches
>white hat (good guys always win)
>top-heavy head (big brain)

ERIOVOIRE has:
>no guns
>no bitches
>black hat (bad guys always lose)
>obesity (small brain)
>two dead guys, signifying how dead he's gonna be when he meets LamaJ

Yeah they have an official site for it, since due to that nature of the story, it can be pretty hard to keep up with who is who.
Also the thing about time paradoxes, artificial black holes being possibly used for time travel. are constantly in background in season 1. Giving clues to what is really going on and being attempted. Various quick glimpses of walls or pages of books and things like that, show what is happening in season 2.
But at same time it´s murder mystery, it´s teen flick, it´s detective flick, and it´s time travel oriented, almost religious aswell. And also family/love story oriented. So it really is a nice combination.

And i love how they got the triqueta into it aswell to represent the past present and future. Coupled with sic mundus creatus est. Implying that our universe was created in an instant utilizing a closed loop time paradox by who ever made it. And then normal causality was restored afterwards.

Yeah it´s what makes it so entertaining. It´s really well done. And i think season 3 will be an epic conclusion (hopefully).

You fundamentally misunderstand ERIOVOIRE. He's a tragic antihero, defeat on an objective scale is a personal victory for him. The red behind him represents he hell he lives, those shadowy figures are the demons that haunt him. He knows there's no happy ending for him, he's just determined to do what he feels he needs to do before he inevitably checks out.

Who did this?

Attached: 20190624_204616.jpg (1076x461, 179K)

Probably you, faggot.

You didn't have to recreate my picture user. You could have just downloaded it for your own use.

Attached: Clueless retard.png (500x700, 404K)

I considered buying the public transport ticket they sold for promotion, thought it was funny albeit corny ofc
The show looks like Muell, um ehrlich zu sein.

There could be someone who manipulated everyone into thinking there is a loop even though there isn't one by using a bunch of alternate reality versions of people in the original universe but I think that would be too convoluted.
I hope for a late season 3 reveal that someone at some point created the paradox in the first place by sending the time travel book to the clock maker guy and making him believe that it was a book he will have written in the future even though it was actually another character. Then it just became a paradox because that clock maker guy published the book as his own. You get what I mean? Someone at some point convinced a bunch of people of bullshit that in the end became real because they were tricked into creating a big messy paradox somehow.