What’s the easiest way to adapt a Warhammer 40K story into a movie...

What’s the easiest way to adapt a Warhammer 40K story into a movie? I’m thinking it’s about an inquisition task force, with space marines featured for like 5 minutes tops.

Attached: 372B4FA0-9332-4D1A-B5CD-1BC94DD8AA2E.jpg (1598x1000, 395K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g-MteECxZUY
youtube.com/watch?v=mfGPMJ8A0QY
youtube.com/watch?v=CMGRa4_UjE4
youtube.com/watch?v=V2B6de1Geks&t=1s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sneeeeed

make a movie solely about epic space marine battles it'll be like endgame omgomg

make it about the Tau Empire

it's their turn

Inquisitor mystery solving adventure. Throw in some sisters of battle for muh women and grey knights for muh spess marines. Have the script done by the most acclaimed 40k authors and make the movie pure CGI done by blizzard or whoever did the orcs in warcraft. Bloody gory fun 10 billion worldwide

>Not just an IG movie
>Think it's a normal war movie
>Fucking Necrons rock up

Armor is too big and stupid looking

make it about the tyranids

Who would win, a multi-million dollar company with hundreds of employees, or one guy with SOUL?

youtube.com/watch?v=g-MteECxZUY
youtube.com/watch?v=mfGPMJ8A0QY
youtube.com/watch?v=CMGRa4_UjE4
youtube.com/watch?v=V2B6de1Geks&t=1s

Attached: b5d8157b90818663d2f1e366b4da18ed.jpg (494x722, 80K)

Attached: AstartesPart3MarineParts.webm (720x406, 2.4M)

Adeptus Arbites investigating human sacrifices tied to a doomsday cult.

Attached: Dredd_01.jpg (1920x1280, 297K)

Just adapt Xenos. Perfect intro movie.

Space Marines are pretty big.

A story about a low level inquisitorial acolyte cell invisgating something, before scrambling to stop shit hitting the fan when things inevitably go wrong.

Basically adapt Dark Heresy.

Attached: dh.jpg (695x913, 89K)

Give it to Netflix. No Space Marines, no Guard, no battles whatsoever. It would be a police procedural show set in a boring office, with an affirmative action cast.

Attached: netflix adaptation, blackwash.png (834x960, 346K)

eisenhorn, basically mission impossible in space

this mainstream cinema is not about fictional strategy and tactics, even Patton wasn't about the duel between Patton and Rommel but some kitsch heavily abridged patriotismfest, they can't do it and you'd be holding out too much hope

so, an inquisitor in a hive city hunting tau sympathizers realizes the imperium is shit and has a moral breakdown but then discovers some the "tau" were actually genestealers and the grand inquisitor is a chaos worshipping heretic with his own underground cult and realizes that although the empire is shit, survival is more important

working with tau sympathizers and native imperial guard they join forces to prevent their planet from being utterly exterminated, they then pit the tyranid hive fleet against the exterminatus fleet and invite a rogue tau general to become their protector in exchange for taxes, the inquisitor then surrenders to terra to explain his actions and certain death penalty in order to plead his case and a ceasefire, having regained faith in the emperor and the fact humans individually are weak and it was only due to his sacrifice that they still exist

I'd like that for the eventual ravenor spin off

Attached: 007-112.jpg (640x480, 27K)

I'd still watch it

Attached: peculiar feel.png (647x644, 110K)

40k sucks.

The whole thing started as mediocre criticism of fascism but it got attention from manchildren because games and epic overpowered shit. Then those manchildren showed it to their fascist manchild friends on /pol/ who also think cool army makes you cool and that ethnic cleansing is cool.

Stop pretending it's a good universe. It's only a fandom for manchildren and larpers to go write fanfiction

The left's holy satire not only failed, but completely backfired again? Imagine my shock.

Attached: laughing starship troopers.jpg (1024x768, 126K)

pretty much recreate gears of war 1 and 2 but with space marine, genestealers and nids

is this wojak meant to look like a black person?

>For the emperor!

Attached: soyfrog.jpg (500x510, 92K)

Depends on if the audience is supposed to be people familiar with the source material or normies
>anything totalitaian is fascist
And I doubt it was meant to be a direct satire of any political ideology. If it is, then they made an obvious mistake in setting the Imperium in a setting where humans need to be brutal and controlling to survive. Try to imagine a republic or democracy of humans surviving five seconds in the grimdark

giving all your money to trannie jannies at games workshop to buy dolls is not them 'failing'

>Cain
>Last Chancers
Pretty much the only jumping off points for any live action movie or show since anything with Astartes can't be done in live action because it would require too much CGI for television and look too rediculous for the big screen unless they're 100% in their armour for all scenes. Honestly the setting of the universe could only really be done well in animation.

old iron man looked stupid as fuck too
once they moviefied him though he looks super cool now
I'm sure if they ever did a 40k movie they'd do something similar

So what’s so great about the emperor? Seems like he barely did anything before he “died”? And he hasn’t done anything for the last 10,000 years. Why do people even worship him

A war movie that starts out very simple. Imperial Guard versus rebels. Like today's soldiers, but armed with lasers. That's easy for normies to relate to. As the movie goes on, the rebel soldiers get weirder and weirder. By the end, the rebel bad guys look like this and they are performing human sacrifice. The movie ends as a horror movie with a few surviving Guardsmen versus demons summoned from hell.

Attached: event horizon-warhammer 2k.jpg (620x348, 76K)

>Seems like he barely did anything before he “died”?
He was building a connection to the webway that would have allowed for an unprecedented era of peace and prosperity for the galaxy.

>And he hasn’t done anything for the last 10,000 years.
He keeps the infrastructure that is required for warp travel to function active

>Why do people even worship him
He regularly performs miracles with his power

If they're going for mass appeal, Cain would be a good introduction to the universe
He unified all of human space, was revered by some as a God even before he was crippled, and his psychic powers allow human space travel. There's probably a lot more to it, but I'm not that deep into 40k

What is with you niggers and live action? Let's completely ignore the best example (Warcraft) and aside from the story everyone's complaint was that the real actors were terrible and CGI orcs were amazing. 40k is far crazier than WoW and you stupid fucktards want live action? CGI done correctly is gorgeous these days and some universes like 40k don't lend themselves to live action at all. I will never understand this faggotry of rebooting things and changing them from animation/cgi to live action and vice versa. Some things should stay the way they were and some things just don't work in a specific visual medium no matter how hard you try. fuck

Don't

Seriously, don't.

Stop bringing this up. It'll never happen and if it did, it would be trash anyway.

>Some things should stay the way they were
you do realise that everyone pretends Ultramarines never happened right?

so basically Siege of Vraks: The Movie?

barely did anything
>unification wars
>Primarch's
>Great Crusade

I think you would need a television format instead of trying to condense it into 2 hours.

Literally every one of the hundreds of warhammer games suck so following that pattern, so will any movie.

Yea but I wasn't even referring to that. I went off on a tangent and was talking about all this rehashed disney shit and stuff like avatar the last airbender etc. But live action 40k would be a disgusting mess

>Seems like he barely did anything

He created legions of super humans, conquered the galaxy and built a galactic empire that lasted twelve thousand years and counting. But I'm sure your resume is much more impressive.