The Dark Knight

Why is it still widely considered the mest capeshit film?

Even the most hardcore Marvel fans will admit it's excellence

Attached: 1551883537533.jpg (864x1280, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uz_Pw3-77N0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not though, there are better ones out there

Bale and Ledger playing Batman and the Joker. Two kino method actors playing the best superhero and supervillain there is. Also this came before the rise of the MCU and the basedboy fandom

its up there but is it really better than the 1978 superman movie? or burton's two bat flicks?
not really.
Sure its better than everything that came out after it but too be fair those movies weren't trying to be good

not cgi heavy, relatable to society, no aliens, no supernatural creatures... you can watch it as a normal movie, not only comic book shit

It is better than all of those.

Its not Watchmen is

Its coherent. It has good, memorable performances. No horrible cgi. Great production value. It's not movie #x in an endless series of movies. It was made by a competent filmmaker.

Marvel chad here: memes entirely aside, I enjoyed man of steel and aquaman too.

TDK is literally a psychological crime drama starring mentally ill people who wear costumes. The gay ninja shit from both BB and TDKR is conspicuously absent, to the film’s benefit. It feels less like a harmless escapism and more like an abstraction of man’s dark side into tortured characters that must escape their own purgatory or be trapped forever.

Also the chick with Far Side face lines is weirdly hot

Lol dude I was just thinking about it

>Nolan actually had a sense of scope
>spoilers were pretty limited at the time due to secrecy
>top tier craftsmanship, soulful filmmaking made it possible to transcend capeshit limitations
>Ensemble cast giving their 100%
>late 00s ambient, 9/11 impact was still latent
>no studio kikery or focus test MCU bullshit
>inspired by a great American classic, Heat

Literally unmatched, only Watchmen and BvS come close

no it isnt it isnt even as good as batman begins. begins was good to see in theaters, i wasnt fatigued with all this bullshit. dark knight put me to sleep in the theater, i had more fun watching the trailer for 300 at the beginning than i did the whole movie because i didnt know the comic 300 and i thought a movie about thermopylae sounded badass.. what they actually made wasnt really that but it was ok i guess.

Everything about this movie just clicked. It didn't pretend to be anything it wasnt. And what it was trying to be; it did perfect.

Mention them

>Inb4 MCU garbage
Opinion immediately discarded if you mention one. I don't give à fuck about your oil salesman words, they're all garbo Disney kike

300 came out a year before Disney shill

First half of Begins was great

Attached: 1543225021150.jpg (3840x2160, 1.55M)

TDK is the favorite film of an entire generation.
You can't say that about any other capeshit flick ever released.

Superman, Spider-Man 1 and 2

The movie is a cultural phenomenon. Doesn’t rely on memes, quips, and trends to get its >%90 rotten tomatoes rating.
It’s a psychological cat and mouse game between two well-acted and interesting characters.

Marvel fags will never experience the level of hype there was for The Joker.

There's some genuinely EPIC moments, and not even trolling with the use of "epic," that's simply the best word to describe the moments in the movie. Like when the CITY-WIDE sonar device or whatever it is finally is activated? Holy fuck. The scene where Joker is captured? Etc.

Watching it 10 years latter some of the dialogue is super heavy handed

1978 Superman is nowhere near as good as you remember. I was super disappointed when I rewatched it.

>a great American classic, Heat

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Returns is better anyways.

based, fuck marvel, anyone who likes the MCU movies is mentally retarded. Some things in the movies are so bad I'd genuinely ask for my money back if I saw them in cinema

You can show The Dark Knight to anyone who has no real background knowledge of capeshit/batman and odds are they'll love it or at the very least appreciated. That's why it's so beloved. That's a damn rare feat.

This

It was visually milquetoast

It is an American classic you retard. Despite what you think about the film, it has gotten into the National Film Registry and has had numerous platform re-releases as well as festival and Academy screenings for its anniversary. Do you also think Blade Runner isn't a classic?

>My life is just one big joke, it's all a joke, it's a joke, greatest practical joke in human history, good joke, everybody laugh, JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE JOKE

This, my dad who hates capeshit even thought it was a solid little action movie

get fucked you no taste having cunt

First one is corny despite Brando and Pozo helming it. Other two are kino

Newfag spotted

Replace BvS with Logan

It's the ultimate pleb filter

It was absolutely perfect for it's narrative.

Attached: Dark-Knight-2.jpg (3650x1550, 228K)

Nah, Logan had it going until the DRUMPF fuck fest at the end.

The thing with James Magnold is that he literally has no idea how to do a third act.
Snyder had the balls to mirror The Seventh Seal in a major blockbuster at the third act, i don't think no one but Gore Verbinski has come close to risking shit like that

>>late 00s ambient, 9/11 impact was still latent
I have no idea what you are going for here. It's late 00's, at the cusp of the beginning of the millenial internet era. The movie hold infinite possibilities of what could be done with the new tech and culture, just like the time did in general. The film was because of this one of the biggest things that defined the era to come.

Heath ledger nailing it as the joker. You have to remember before the 1st trailer everyone assumed this movie was gonna be horrible BECAUSE heath ledger was the joker. Some were saying it was the worst mishire in history.

hi zoomer

>just states a bunch of meaningless achievements
You still haven't explained why it's a classic to me. I saw the film and liked it enough but why do you think it's that culturally significant?

>I think heat is bad

Attached: 1559697817981.jpg (535x798, 252K)

Superman 78 is the only capeshit thats an actual good movie and not "Its good for a superhero movie"

>why do you think Heat is culturally significant
oh for no reason at all, except that every single media ever made since that involves bank robberies or heists in general were extremely directly influenced by it, from videogames like GTA to films like The Dark Knight

My complaint with The Dark Knight is that I didn’t think the last 20 minutes with 2 face was necessary. Movie felt like it had 2 endings. I also think the Bale Batman voice sucks. Beyond those 2 complaints its incredible but I like the 3rd better because Hathaway in the car suit still activates my pecker (not much does at 46) and Bane is just kino as fuck. Spider Man 2 is still the best super hero movie ever made though: it has it all, but doesn’t feel crowded either.

It's good because it almost feel as if the movie isn't capeshit. I always get a neo-noir vibe when I watch it.

You stupid fuck

Attached: 1542152867467.jpg (755x706, 104K)

Every single scene with The Joker is based beyond comprehension.

Attached: Dark_Knight_Screenshot_2298.jpg (1920x1080, 269K)

Because it was CSI: Gotham City

Also Batman is fucking kino when done properly by a competent director.

>inb4 Nolan isn't a competent director

Neck yourself nigger.

Attached: 1558815898451.png (921x904, 317K)

Stop putting words in my mouth man. I was only denying that it was a classic on that scale. I don't hate the movie so calm the farm

Attached: bart.png (273x188, 115K)

>extremely directly influenced
Stopped reading there. Later pseud

Attached: 144.png (586x578, 37K)

My only complaint was everything with the boat was unnecessary and i wish joker and batman would have had more of a final confrontation other than a short little fight leading to joker just being caught

>I was only denying that it was a classic on that scale
it's an all-time classic on any scale, fuckboi

it's an actual good crime drama with superb acting, pacing, and tense moments. It had a masked crimefighter but at the same time it wasn't capeshit.

This too. Everyone in my theatre popped up in their chair whenever joker showed because you had no idea what was gonna happen

see

Heat is a fucking classic. Hands down. I never get tired of it.

>its up there but is it really better than the 1978 superman movie?
Yes

There is a theory that two face and joker were supposed to return at the third movie. Second movie was about the rise of two face and the third about his reign. After ledger died Nolan just decided to kill two face off almost post production, and therefore the tacky ending.

am nolan can confirm

I'd wager you can't compare Spiderman and TDK, they're basically 2 different genres

Why did you make Interstellar such shit?

I had heard the 3rd one would have been more joker like him escaping from prison and what not. Fuck id like to see the timeline where ledger was alive and nolan got to make his original idea for 3

I don't care what anyone says, Ledger was fucking amazing. There's no denying that if he lived, his career would've jumpstarted like crazy.

I think there's probably just a difference in opinion on the definition of classic between us. Some people call a film a classic just as a way of saying it's very good and a powerhouse within its own genre which is what you seem to be indicating. In that sense, I agree, but originally I was doubting its place as a cultural icon as an all-time American classic. I'm not American so I guess I may be wrong but that just seemed a somewhat overblown title for that movie since I rarely hear anyone talk about it or reference it that often. Anyway, that was my line of reasoning but I understand if you disagree

I remember thinking how terrible it was gonna be cause I didnt think ledger was a good actor. I still remember getting chills seeing the first trailer and being blown away.

>2007/2008
>the OG bayplosions transformers linkin park was still around, dark knight joker was funny no rise up memes spam no incel comment spamming, people loved imitating the "why so serious" line
>dark knight theater scene was playful and people could take jokes like that pencil trick scene
>ironman came out, wasnt any capeshit just simple mahvel movie, people supernerdy about the comic book stuff werent everywhere in your face

simpler times....

Attached: pepe computer.png (1127x685, 37K)

I don't know if Nolan lurked classical Yea Forums but he was able to completely materialize the zeitgeist of the era in Joker. Internet had just revolutionized the spreading of ideas and experiences and things like having a lot of money or being famous seemed shallow in the face of hilarity and ingenuity of reality that we were able to see more detailed than ever before. A bunch of kids in the net were able to create something funnier, smarter and more genuine than any of the old promised great positions, such as being hollywood famous. This is why Joker is so anti-materialistic and insists that sending a message is more important than money. Or that experiences are more important than social positions. Because that's what it felt at the time when internet deconstructed it all in a very fast time. Everyone agreed with Joker because we had all felt what he said, even if we didn't realise it.

As much as I love Joaquin and the new trailer I think it is sac religious to do another Joker so soon. Heath is the Joker, forever

Name 40 of them.

Yeah fantasy football was still cool in 2007, world went to shit a few years later, for sure

This is perfectly coined actually.

I think Nolan mainly based the Joker on the al queda era extremists that removing any sort of ideological background out of the equation, you'd have a pure nihilistic character. It did not help that in a grim era, the youth would only mimic the desensitized war culture. Look at culture in the ww2, Vietnam eras. They had a similar counterculture youth trying to disrupt the values of authority figures.

Basically the smart phone killed humanity now that I put the timeline together. I don’t think shit of doing anything alone anymore, just pull out the phone. 3 hour flight delay, no problem. This little handheld device ruined everything because it eliminates the barrier of access, so nothing is important anymore

>hearing the "like ME" line for the first time

People across the world knew something completely different and kino was coming in an instant.

Main thing is that the pacing is just about perfect all the way through. Also helps that the main conflict is more cerebral and on theme than just two dudes running at each other to do videogame punching and After Effects.

It’s rooted in a genre that isn’t pure shit like capeshit and it’s made by a competent filmmaker.

Y'know, the more I watch TDK, the more TDKR sucks. TDK ends in such a somber but powerful note, it ends essentially with Bruce finally assuming the persona of Batman once and for all and accepting his permanent role of Gotham's protector. Then TDKR comes along and we find out that Rachel's death broke him, his right knee got fucked in the process somehow and that he pretty much abandoned his role after GCPD's and the prosecutor's office went medieval on Gotham's criminals' asses.

>Batman takes fall for Dent's actions
>Bruce hangs up Batman persona and lets Dent be the image of Gotham's heroism rather than Batman
>Dent's legacy not being tarnished in the eyes of the city leads to Gotham PD cracking down even harder on crime to continue his work
Seems like a natural progression to me

And 3

No-one really thinks that though. It's pretty boring garbage.

Better than Burton Batman. Equal to Richard Donner's Superman. This is the final and correct answer.

>It's not though
>highest rated cape flick on imdb
Alrighty

Interesting, I would like to hear your prediction of our future from here on out?

That's cause it does suck. You could obviously tell Nolan was tired of doing batman.

>doesn't know that fanboy fags literally raided the voting system on opening day before they even saw it

8:56
youtube.com/watch?v=Uz_Pw3-77N0

I don't know man, predicting the future is always a lot harder than knowing the past. But rest of the culture has followed around 5-10 years behind Yea Forums for 15 years now. I expect that the youth have less and less sex and interract in real life with each other less and less because of our modern technology. Ever increasing amount of immigrants from non-western countries due to their birth rates being ten times that of ours. Even the rest of internet seems to have moved from the early happy and wacky meme culture to a more ironic one, so expect more of that too.

MCUlets do the same and every single marvel movie eventually drops down the ranks. If people didn't hold TDK to a high regard the same would happen.

All of the villains in this movie are very good. In BB, Scarecrow is not an interesting character at all and he's mostly there so ra's al ghul's plan to take down Gotham can happen.

I was a teenager when it released so it probably has a lot of to do with that for me, but i think its just because almost every scene is great, it either has some nice acting or some nice dialogue/lines or some kind of tension in it. Rewatching it nowadays i think the weakest moments are the action scenes, while i appreciate Nolan letting the viewer decide wether the truck chase sequence is exciting or not by leaving with no music through it, the fighting scene themselves are a bit hard to see with the shaky cam and dark lighting on most of them. I also enjoy the themes he tackles during the movie and even if if the boat scene feels unrealistic as fuck, it encapsulates what a hero movie should be about, hope and faith in your average man that they are willing to do good even faced with extreme odds.

It still is my favorite super hero movie, sure it has flaws but i feel its a good enough movie that even if it hadnt the names of batman and its related properties attached to it i would still enjoy it as a thriller movie, and thats what makes it special for me.

Ironic, what do you mean by that?

Even normie memes are more ironic these days.

Holy shit i didn't know you could see that from the internet back in 1999. No wonder the goats like him and brando went to internet in their late years.

cope harder

Read Susan Sontag. Esp. the part about the three sensibilities.
1. Moral Art
2. Art of various states of mind
3. Aesthetic irony or camp

Attached: 3sensibilities.jpg (768x1003, 327K)

american cinema-going experiences sound so horrendous. sit down and just watch the film you fucking nigger. jesus christ.

cope harder

I don't give a shit what anyone says. This will always be the best superhero movie and the best film of the 2000s

That’s not kino, that’s a shot for shot remake of comicbookino. The only changes were normalfag shit like glorifying le ebin violence and watering down the absurdity of the alien squid.

Camp as failed seriousness.

Attached: camp is failed seriousness.png (762x1006, 309K)

Whoops I meant to phrase the question:
The internet becoming ironic, what do you mean by that?

It's grounded to our reality so while its totally out there it feels like it could actually happen. It's not over the top, the Joker is fucking great, the setpieces are incredible, and it feels like the Joker throughout the entire film is constantly ahead of batman. Batman despite all his gadgets felt like he was the underdog in the fight because Joker kept outplaying him and pushing him to his limits.

It's not in the genre of capeshit imo because it's actually good.

brainlet

not him but I suspect we’re all acting ironic because we understand the various unpleasantries looming on the horizon (global warming, depletion of fossil fuels, rearing children, divorce-rape, media influence on the populace, departure of the genuine era 1950-1980). It all serves to generate an aura of concern or unease because we’re being met with such an uncertain future yet all we can do as an individual is crunch our 9-5 and keep our heads down. I may have digressed but I think I was trying to make the point that because of the negative view of the future or present we adopt a different mindset while on the internet causing irony to flourish because we understand that back in 2004 we joked about the internet being “SRS BSNS GUYZ!!!” yet somewhere between 2008 and 2012 the internet actually became (to our horror) SRS BSNS.
Maybe we use irony as a proxy to avoid having our actual feelings or opinions criticized in our last bastion.
I failed English so I can’t present my point concisely but its in there somewhere.

It undeniably is. What people think here does not represent widespread opinion.