Does John Wick work as a franchise?

Does John Wick work as a franchise?

It took them a whole minute to drop the whole wife/dog/car aspect to shoehorn this who Continental/High Table nonsense.

Attached: 1560789773604.jpg (600x300, 50K)

The whole first movie is about the wife/dog/car. If they wanted to do more movies they had to move onto something else.
Besides, the movies use their narratives as little more than a framework for action scenes. Just sit back and enjoy.

No, and I think the last movie is really bad.

>john theres a lot of guys tryng to kill you
>*kills them all*
>oh shit i guess that's john wick for you haha
>john you have been a bad boy youve fucked up now everyones after you
>*kills them all*
>fuck not again it's JOHN FUCKING WICK AAAAAAAAAA
10 sequels easily

Better than Marvel at least. John losing his finger was of bigger consequence than the apocalypse scenario in Infinity War lmao.

what a waste

I wish they didn't go so overboard with the other assassins in 2. They make it seem like there's more assassins than normal fucking people walking around.

you were a waste

What was the point of Lawrance Fishburne giving John a pistol with 8 bullets if he was going to empty the clip and get a new gun five minutes later?

so reddit tier movie watchers could lean over to their partner and say "woah its that guy from the matrix haha they played neo and morpheus haha now theyre in the same movie again!"

Joke

john wick movies are boring and shallow

Do we ever get to see super-bodyguards
I mean, I expect any of these tens of thousands of secret assassins living everywhere in the world can kill anyone anywhere. So where are the super-duper bodyguards that keep VIPs safe from any crackpot who saves a hundred thou to get them owned

spinoffs in the same universe could work at this point. Keanu can't last.

>clip

Attached: 1481445928748.gif (245x245, 960K)

High level VIPs are probably just hiding in secret bunkers around the world fighting shadow wars and shit.

The path of motivation is all linked and makes sense in continuity. John Wick as a franchise is not "Muh Dog: The series"

The first movies plot was kicked off by the death of the dog resurfacing buried trauma involving his wife. The events of that film lead into him returning to the job he left and getting involved again with this underworld. The second film is motivated by those events as a past contact sees him as available once again and pulls a blood debt to make him work another job. This job culminates in a rule breaking murder that puts a price on his head. The third film continues on from that.

In what way?

That's why 3 fixed that problem. The ending of 2 implied that literally everyone in NYC is a secret agent and going after Wickm

Subversion

Agreed i turned off halfway through the first one and a year later attempted to watch the second one. It was garbage no cool set pieces no cool executions just shoots everyone in the head while stood out of cover. Garbage.

This

>Be Keanu.
>Have a successful career.
>Is very lonely.
>Girls want to suck him dry.
>Isn't interested in any of them.

This guy must've been a hardcore Christian.

Attached: keanu.jpg (1004x665, 379K)

Quints of truth. 1st was gun-fu kino that rode the line of believability, 2nd went straight up capeshit, just strap a cape on already. No desire at all to see the third.

Based haha woah poster

Wasn't that black guy in the second one (Cassius?) an assassin that was hired to work as a bodyguard for the italian table woman that John has to kill?
So, technically, someone could've hired John some time in the past to defend them from x,y and z.

He doesn't want to get metood

He's gay

No its called being a man in hollywood. Hes smart. Hed get me tood the second he broke up with a girl.

What does it subvert?

He's not over her. He'll never be over her.

subversion itself
it's all part of a long game by pic related to try and be relevant again

Attached: twistfag.jpg (250x250, 17K)

Attached: %D0%90%D0%B2%D0%B0_%D0%90%D1%80%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%80_%D0%A1%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BC-%D0%A0%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%B7_ (552x832, 353K)

>He'll never be over her.
he just has to walk over a bit of earth

He is a Jinx

Thank you. I like Keanu but I'm not down to watch pointless pretty fight scenes for 2 fucking hours.

No the nigga was just legit in love with his wife and no bitch on this earth will ever fill that void. Dude is essentially a monk because at this point I think he doesnt even get off sexually anymore. He'll be in a photo with a bitch and that's as far as he goes

>he doesn't enjoy it when stakes get progressively higher
Imagine being this gay

Him using the bullets for something important or significant

He has a trans gf

Damn, never thought about it that way. Now it makes sense, thanks user.