What the fuck was Robb's plan to take Casterly rock?

What the fuck was Robb's plan to take Casterly rock?
Seems to me like he was fucked even if he didn't get turned into a pin cushion at the wedding

Attached: 1535753024612.jpg (1035x693, 285K)

There’s a general for this.

>What the fuck was Robb's plan to take Casterly rock?
Show OC, do you really think D&D thought it through?
>Seems to me like he was fucked even if he didn't get turned into a pin cushion at the wedding
Yeah probably.

if I remember correctly they were more trying to defeat the Lannister/Crown armies in the field and defend the Riverlands

He had no deatiled plan, because this only happens in the show and D&D didn't need to write any plan since he was always going to die at the Red Wedding. In the books, he needs to return north to retake his lands from the Ironborn and thus needs the Freys back on his side to make it through The Crossing. I guess his logic was that taking Casterly Rock would allow him to control the Westerlands and deal a serious blow to Lannister morale, but it isn't well thought out at all and only serves to give the audience a glimmer of hope that Robb might win the war before he dies.

>What the fuck was Robb's plan to take Casterly rock?

That wasn't the plan, the plan was to make Tywin think he was going for the rock
Knowing Tywin he would come after Robb to make she he didnt take the rock. meanwhile Robb would reverse course and crush Tywin between his army and that of the riverlands

Yeah, it was pure tv logic. That being said, if you rewatch the episode it was a great way to get show-only people's hopes up while subtly demonstrating how hopeless Robb and Catelyn's situation was that they were coming up with these hare-brained schemes

Why would Tywin come after Robb instead of waiting for him to lay siege and then buttfucking his army?

Robb had the upper hand in season 2. Why didn't he just bend the knee in exchange for a long list of concessions from the crown? He could have even married Myrcella in order to solidify an alliance between the Starks and Lannisters. What a shit king.

because the nigger boy king had his father beheaded...

Because the army defending the rock was literally with Tywin.

They killed his daddy and it's unlikely the rest of the north would have agreed to it anyway. I got the impression that Ned was the only one keeping the north part of the 7 kingdoms in the first place.

because castles dont work in game of thrones

>bend the knee to the king that just killed your father
sure fire way to have no lord ever respect you ever again

He would've mounted a ballista to the cliff and sniped every ship trying to break the siege and ferry in supplies.

Why not just teleport into the castle?

They do in ASOIAF
At any rate he didn't have any troops holding the rock. What he had could've held out for a long time though.
I'd say the reason he rushed after him is that Tywin values reputation/lannister pride over all. Having Robb plunder his hometurf would be unacceptable to him

But his father was a self confessing traitor.
Justice was served.

This is a good question in general actually. Lannisters could've held up in King's Landing until winter came and the northerners no longer had any food.

So you have to fight to the death over it? Robb fought his war and would have won if he lessened his ambitions. He needed to be prudent.
Northmen are savages, have Tywin send them some gold and they'll forget all about Ned.

>until winter came
You're aware it's summer when this war takes place right? That means winter is possibly still years away and since the time between seasons varies that means it's a huge gamble to just wait till winter.

While they're holed up in Kings Landing waiting for a winter that may or may not come Robb would be conquering everything around/north of that aka 75% of the kingdoms

Yes. Honour and pride are extremely important traits for nobles to have. Bending the knee to the king who had your father unjustly murdered is a surefire way to get yourself killed by your followers instead.

Ned confessed to multiple counts of treason. His execution was not entirely unjustified. The Northern lords would be pacified by a steady stream of Lannister gold.

>Huurrr duurrr what if in-universe logic doesn't apply

What are you even trying to argue, you might as well be saying "what if they just quickly invented guns, they would've easily won"

t. joffrey

I didn't say that at all. I said don't sperg out and accept a less than ideal king, the Tyrells and Martells did it. This idea that the war had to go on to the death is stupid and unrealistic.

>the Tyrells and Martells did it
If you're referring to Targaryen subjugation you're grossly oversimplifying things.
The Tyrells were a lower house taking the place of House Gardener after they were all massacred
And the Martells had their homeland burned to the ground for about 200 years on end before they surrendered

Robb was completely ransacking his lands and taking many of the weaker castles. Tywin's army is comprised in its majority by bannermen from the area's getting pillaged. He is forced to go back and defend him own lands, or else risk his subordinate lords and army deserting.

The Tyrells and Martells accepted Bobby as king. Bobby also endorsed the murder of Elia and her children. Robb is a retard for not following their example.

>The Tyrells and Martells accepted Bobby as king
After the house that got them into the war was completely destroyed. At any rate did Robert not kill their respective patriarchs

Robb was winning, there was no reason for him to compromise. The only reason compromise seems a good idea to you is because you know what's coming

Also, you're comparing apples to oranges