Why does Yea Forums have such a hard time understanding this

Why does Yea Forums have such a hard time understanding this

Attached: 439.jpg (694x693, 36K)

I think that's a very interesting trait

popular good

Yea Forums can't understand anything

Just because it’s popular doesn’t mean I have to like it

Attached: 1561394074549.jpg (694x693, 57K)

Yea Forums is contrarian and doesn't understand that things are popular and well liked for a reason. Basically teenage hipsters

Yes it does

popular things can be very good but lowest common denominator bullshit isn't. there's a difference.

Yea Forums does. Why don't popular things and the people praising them realize most of them are hot shit though?

Fuck off with your trash.

/thread of the century

oh you're so cool user, tell me more about the retards of this board that you frequent every day

Attached: kirby_farts_by_tackofetish-d83hcay.jpg (625x352, 94K)

Because they are likely children

like I hate everything to be popular as opposed to my soul being long dead

I like Fast and Furious or Mission Impossible even if they are popular. I just hate CGI overload shit.

>things are popular and well liked for a reason

Attached: bc3.png (636x773, 14K)

This is a bigger problem on Yea Forums, Yea Forums and Yea Forums than Yea Forums
Yea Forums almost exclusively talks about popular shit

Yes, I only like popular things because I'm an interesting person.

>twitter tier meme
user, this angers me.

Attached: 2e5d88cf195a91eebaf60ce545a2247b.png (492x669, 585K)

Not him, but the retards of this board are quite dumb, and very easy to come by. Very easy.

Oh no, I guess I need to like popular things

Why is there always the implicit assumption that people dislike popular things because they think that makes them interesting?

A meme is by definition popular which means that if you're angered by it then you're uninteresting

>shills on damage control
LMAO

There are a lot of people who will hate popular things for no real reason other than its popualrity and people like that are more vocal and obnoxious about it on the internet.

stay the fuck on Yea Forumseddit you capeshit starshit meme hustling fucking fagggot

Attached: 1530082228900.png (381x290, 107K)

liking popular things doesn't make you an interesting person either

Nobody acts like it does

pretty much

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER SNEED NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

Were the best films popular in their day?

Are any of the most popular films shit?

This image just proves the OP images point. Fags like you only give a shit about posturing and projecting an image of being a unique snowflake individual than genuinely enjoying things.

>Hating some popular IPs makes you a contrarian even though there are other popular IPs you like
This is called not having an argument so you scream "contrarian!"

>posting shitty memes makes me an interesting person

Attached: 1338795994557.jpg (634x412, 52K)

>liking trash

Unironic truth

Shilling for corporate dreck doesn't make you an interesting person either.

Nobody said they did

because it's actually wrong, and it's not about being an interesting person, it's about the object of question. normies - when they discover something good - think they understand it, but the only thing they do is spoil it for everyone else, especially by writing normie articles about it and how it should feature more PoC and or women, because they don't get represented enough already since the dawn of time.

yes, something getting popular can make it bad and actually shift the way the next episode/season/movie will be made and this is why we can't have nice things.

Attached: 1532913808944.jpg (800x450, 42K)

Based and true

NOOOOO YOU HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING I LIKE

This. Yea Forums will claim everything is shit but almost solely discusses recent blockbusters and "nerd culture."

>If you don't like something popular it's because you're trying to be unique
Or I just don't like it? Why do NPC's always try to ascribe some kind of pretense to simple options?

This. Even the dumbest mouth breathers I graduated with are more eloquent and insightful at age 30+ than 99.9% of anons. This site is full of children and literal didn't graduate 8th grade trash.

>Or I just don't like it?
then the pic in OP doesn't apply to you. What's the problem?

thats your fault for being on at real reddit hours though. real nigga hours is very late memerican / very early yuropoor.

Attached: 1532847399161.jpg (365x365, 21K)

>grr it made an arbitrary amount of money/fans
>how dare it/they sell out

Collectivist ideology. They literally aren't capable of processing the idea that someone thinks differently than they do.

We honestly need more contrarians who hate popular shit. Popular things are more popular than ever before, it's fucking cult-like. People buy into the most obvious marketing shit and get emotionally attached to products. That's why they feel the need to defend it by making images like the one in the OP.

>filename

Attached: nope.gif (295x207, 567K)

The problem is when I give my opinion I have tons of retards like OP telling me I'm only pretending. They assume you are acting in bad faith just because you don't like something popular.

Because a lot of the time people express opinions like that there is an air of pretense to it. It's not like that every time but there's a reason people get pissed off when people do shit like that. If you genuinely don't like something there's obviously nothing wrong with that and nobody will really care but some fags like pretend that they're genuises for doing so.

>well liked for a reason

yes because most people are retards, this isn't a good thing, it's depressing

>images with words written on them are now """"memes""""
I hate the fucking internet.

Based disneyshill going after independent thought, dab on them free citizens Mickey!

>Because a lot of the time people express opinions like that there is an air of pretense to it.

Attached: projecting.jpg (474x269, 30K)

You know i'm right. You probably are one of those fags.

>hate popular things
>all they can ever talk about is the popular things they claim to hate
any movies like this?

Attached: 1521670427627.gif (500x260, 3.97M)

You may have any view, though you have to justify it anyway, as every opinion has to stand at face-value. Nothing needs to face critique without further explanation.

unless it's a self-explanatory summerfag shitthread

Attached: 53e38bf684936ead042eca0ed240f992.jpg (600x602, 39K)

Hating popular things doesn’t make you racist, a troll or /pol/, it means you think Thor:Ragnarok, for example, was full of shit acting, dialogue, plot, costumes, portrayal of Germanic culture etc.

Why do you assume I dislike things to seem interesting when I'm posting anonymously.

>NOOOOOOO IM SPECIAL FOR HATING POPULAR THINGS STOP SAYING OTHERWISE!!!!!!!!!

>those sheeple probably don't notice everyone has their own life
>i smoked pot once so i know what im talking about

Indeed, but OP is addressing anons that hate it solely for being popular. Pay attention.

Who the fuck cares about german shit when it's an american comic book?

You can stroke your ego online anonymously. Thats like 90% of what all posts on Yea Forums are.

The majority of Yea Forums absolutely despises, and is horrified by ""independent thought""'
They're against intellectual freedom and open-mindedness.

Nobody claimed to be interesting, Endgame is still a piece of shit

Westworld season 2 proves your point
Season 3 of Rick and Memey as well

Memes are a fucking meme. Even since the word became popular it has been irritating me because that's actually what they associate it with, it's been this way for many years now. The phrase "I made a meme" in regards to them creating an image with pictures is so fucking funny and infuriating at the same time.

The person who created this meme is projecting his own desire to be perceived as "interesting" onto others.

Attached: 1553711148437.jpg (629x624, 101K)

>libshits for years insisted that a person should try to be different and not conform
>libshits today: CONFORM; BEING DIFFERENT DOES NOT MAKE YOU SPECIAL

>go to Yea Forums
>every single thread is about modern pop culture crap yet somehow people on Yea Forums are more pretentious than boards who actually delve into their respective mediums and have earned their pretentiousness
if you want to be pretentious then this is the wrong board

>All the people in this thread trying to act superior and look down on the retardation of this board
You're the worst kind of retard you idiots

Because you're memeing a culture into jackshit in that case.

A non-American director that portrays America as a degenerate shithole in his movies will get stabbed in the back by the next Yankee fuck he comes across.

>If something is popular that means I have to like it

Attached: NPC.jpg (636x773, 32K)

Marvel is popular and it's garbage. Game of Thrones is much more popular and it's almost as bad. Make better things and we'll like it

Attached: 1549653420693.webm (480x270, 2.87M)

What do you mean?

DON'T USE KIRBY IN YOUR INNANE SHITPOSTING YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING NIGGER

KIRBY WOULD NEVER BE THAT MUCH OF A SMUG SHITHEAD

Pretending to enjoy low quality, consumerist garbage is even worse, which is what most people do because they're too spineless to admit that there's something deeply wrong with our society.

If you can't do anything but robotically repeat points that were already brought up in the thread, fuck off.

Attached: phoneposter_scum.png (500x560, 211K)

It's more that they're afraid to dislike it, or never had any real opinions in the first place. You'd be amazed at how many people don't have any opinions of their own.

Sorry you got BTFO so many times, work on your shilling

>opinion of their own
what does this even mean? like you cant have an opinion if at least 1 other person has it too? thats insane

What a brilliant contribution to the thread, I'm sure you're self-aware enough to realize the irony of this and were only pretending to be retarded

LURK FUCKING MORE

>The phrase "I made a meme" in regards to them creating an image with pictures is so fucking funny and infuriating at the same time.
best use i see is when someone creates some template and then everyone calls it a meme after it gained traction. for example, pic related is an ironic version of that which as far as i remember stems from the 9gag/reddit rage comics. funnily enough, after everything in every medium is full of remakes, memes reflect that by the million and trillion of that feels guy and feels bad man frog edits.

Attached: 1558451102978.png (372x478, 8K)

Pathetic.

Attached: 1af.jpg (680x771, 84K)

No, your own opinion can be a sentiment that is shared with others without it lessening the fact that you came up with it on your own. The defining thing here is that you've reasoned your way to it and not just adopted it, meaning that if questioned about it you could go into more detail as to why you hold that opinion. Many people, once questioned, won't be able to answer your inquiries and will just repeat their original opinion without any depth, this means that they probably didn't reasoned their way towards it and instead just adopted it from others. Are you a robot or something?

Attached: 1554771976495.webm (480x270, 2.53M)

>debating meme semantics with reddit
Now I've seen it all.

Nobody:
Literally nobody:
Not a single soul:
OP on Yea Forums:Yea Forums bad

Right back at you faggot, read your own image before posting it next time

>that user in the thread trying to act superior and look down on the retardation of this thread
You...YOU!

(You)

So you cant just agree with another opinion? You have to rationalize your own opinion for literally every single thing that exists? I doubt even you do that.

I just came to this thread and holy shit, how can you be so normie?

Attached: zoomer_rama.png (434x327, 55K)

eh, the spoonfeed age is now. since we can't change the reddit we might as well embrace it.

Attached: 1522313360214.png (400x550, 244K)

No, I only look down on people who look down on others (for any other reason than mine)

That's literally how actual human brains operate.

How can you be sure you actually believe your own opinions if you don't do this? You could just be parroting stuff you learned from your parents and never realize it.

Yeah let's pretend Yea Forums isn't neck deep in capeshit, GoT, SW and every other type retrograde kiddy shit.

(you)

Attached: 1xazem.jpg (558x344, 68K)

You can only genuinely agree with another's opinion if you already have one. I do rationalize my own opinion for literally every single thing that exists. Maybe I don't question myself until it's brought up by another, but once it is I do question myself.

what did you expect of edgy teenagers who think saying nigger is cool? Yea Forums is an echo chamber

That's silly. If you hear an opinion and someone explains it to you and you agree with that opinion according to you you are not allowed to and are some sort of npc for doing this? What I have to shut myself off in a study and meditate for 24 hours whenever i think about ANYTHING? That's crazy and I doubt you don't form 100% unique opinions for every single tiny thing you believe. There are too many things in the world and not enough time.

>we can't
That's the problem, you assume you represent anybody, but you don't.

The spoonfed age began 10,000 years ago when men started farming instead of hunting.
It always was a small portion of the population that didn't succumb to neurotypical apathy.

Get on with it.

Attached: tim_.gif (282x200, 686K)

Sometimes popular things are just shit.

No amount of peer pressure is going to make me enjoy capeshit matey.

>the zoomer mind at work

>Yea Forums is an echo chamber
And that includes (you) and your post.

Attached: clockwork.gif (400x242, 2.8M)

based kirby
#LARSGANG

Attached: lars.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

> If you hear an opinion and someone explains it to you and you agree with that opinion according to you
>you agree with that opinion according to you

So you did rationalize it based on your own opinions. The important thing is to think of the opinion in ways the other person did not discuss, to make sure it is consistent with the rest of your morals and principles. If you don't do this, you are being a sheep by definition.

Alright we got it robot, the sky is blue.

Attached: _Figure_it_out_Yourself_-_Boost_your_Bond_Buying_thru_Payroll_Savings__-_NARA_-_514254.jpg (3000x1599, 644K)

You're misunderstanding what we're saying. If someone explains their opinion to you about a subject you haven't explored, and you listen to their reasoning and question yourself whether you agree with every step or not, you can absolutely share that opinion afterwards and still have it "be yours". Most people don't truly question it or dig deeper both into the person giving that opinion and themselves.

Which is the best Kirby game? I never played one

Dilate

Everyone in this thread getting triggered by OP is exactly who kirby is referring to

My opinion is that 8+8=16. I get this value by writing out "eight" twice, then counting the number of letters and adding 6.

Do you agree with my opinion that 8+8=16 ?

Have you ever based an opinion on a desire to be different than the mainstream even if it was contrary to how you actually felt? Or is it just something you think other people (whose opinions you disagree with) do?
I suspect that rarely if ever happens, and is nothing more than an easy way to dismiss opinions you don't like or can't argue against effectively.

No one is triggered snowflake.

Kirby, Kirby, Kirby!
That’s a name you should know
Kirby, Kirby, Kirby!
He’s the star of the show!

Because Yea Forums posters aren't interesting people.

>”My favorite films are Fight Club, The Departed, Pulp Fiction, and the Dark Knight”
>”you just hate them because they’re popular, get some taste!”

Attached: 27D1D3EC-7CA7-415D-8532-BDE4E975414E.png (2000x2000, 80K)

I think it may happen unconsciously to some, but never consciously. Like if you already have a certain preconception that superhero movie X is gonna be a stupid action flick for retards, then you might be a lot harsher in criticizing it and looking out for things to shit on compared to other films.

Nobody said nothing? Its a double negative you mongoloid. That means somebody said something.

opposite is also true
have you tried having real opinions justified by logic?

Like most people I bet he could care less

>Yea Forums is an echo chamber
You say that, but you are still allowed to come here and give your opinion no matter how wrong it may be. If I go to reddit or twitter or wherever you came from and call them a bunch of echochamber niggers, I get a ban instantly.

Super Star Ultra

People also self-censor a lot there because they know if they have any strong opinions that is not 100% aligned with the majority, it's going to cost them precious internet points. The lack of anonymity also means that people will judge your post based on what you've said in other threads, literal ad hominems.

This place, even if some opinions overlap and people tend to push out those who don't belong, at least is open and doesn't systematically remove opposing viewpoints. Only organically.

If I had a nickel for everytime I heard some smug two bit fuck fag talk about Yea Forums being an echo chamber ON Yea Forums...

Not even your mother's vaginal caverns would be enough to house either those echoes or all those nickels mboy

based

I'm pretty sure it does actually.

>but you are still allowed to come here and give your opinion no matter how wrong it may be.
Just like real life, and echo chambers exist there too.