Coming of age meme

Does anyone else have trouble watching coming of age movies? Everytime the relationship drama starts or begins to pick up, I can't relate whatsoever. I feel super depressed that I missed out on teenage love

Attached: image-6d64f524-9589-4652-9630-023d0bdb4845.jpeg.jpg (1409x2088, 1.12M)

Most are trash but Kings of Summer is unironically pretty kino

My teen years were a black hole, socially. I feel this resentment and sadness when watching these mostly shitty movies, especially the ones where the characters are supposed to be "losers" but there's like ten of them doing awesome shit together.

>the girl the kid likes is actually into him
how the fuck am i supposed to relate now?

Come and See is the best coming of age movie

>kid isn't ostracized or made fun of
this isn't true to life at all and I cannot relate to it in the least

same. Stand by Me is great though probably because finding a corpse isn't a standard event in most kids lives

nah not anymore. i've learned to stop trying to project myself as the MC and became a true observer. i think i need to be on suicide watch now, i'm worried about myself now

I have the opposite. My teenage years were full of fun and happiness and romance, then I went to college and it all went to shit. I’m unironically one of the biggest losers from my HS despite having gotten stellar grades and a scholarship.

the very end of Mob Psycho 100 fucked me up for this very reason. Min's confession is rejected and it seems like he stoically accepts it like he has things throughout the whole series but all of a sudden he starts showing emotion and cries.

I can't stand coming of age movies because of how juvenile they are.

I saw Lady Bird and Eighth Grade last year and I just don't get the point. "Waah I wanna be popular. I'm hanging out with friends. You don't understand me mom and dad. I'm comfortable in my own skin. The end." Who finds this shit engaging?

Heh I know people like you. I'm the opposite because I barely tried, went to a trade school and I'm now making $45 an hour

People that weren't autistic in high school.

Oh but just don't go thinking you're the joker and shoot up a theater okay dude?

Most people are probably in the same situation as you and I where they didn't do all the childhood and teenage shit romanticized about in movies. It's not something you should feel you need to relate to; it's just Hollywood trying to pander to people's warm fuzzy feelings of nostalgia.

Half the people itt should be on a watchlist.
Yikes

Why

Coming-of-age movies are often very terrible, especially if they centre around a female, because then they're just about her "finding herself" and having promiscuous sex, being bitchy to everyone, and we're supposed to identity with them?!

Pic related is the exception. It's a long movie, but really engaging all the way through. She still ventures into empty sex and being a bitch, but the film's aware of this, and she is as well, tying to better herself and learn to be a grown-up and take some responsibility, even for other peoples' actions.

Trust me, this movie is excellent. Eighth Grade and Stand by Me are cool and all, but the vast majority of other films about teenagers are repeating the same false formula.

Attached: Margaret_Poster.jpg (220x325, 77K)

Excuse me for not finding popularity contests and idiotic bickering entertaining. I'd much rather watch movies where characters face real moral dilemmas, not teenage dilemmas.

the two smartest kids in my class now stack shelves in tescos, one has a masters in chem i think

everyone on this site should be on a watch list

>tfw no movie about coming of age through online video games and meeting many different people from different countries and having fun outside of the real world

I might be a zoom zoom