Prisoners thread

I saw Prisoners last night and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. What did you think of the characters of Loki, Alex Jones and Dover? It's extremely emotional intense movie that I would recommend watching.

Attached: Prisoners.jpg (960x1440, 271K)

Alex Jones is a complex character for sure

One of my all time favourite movie endings.

Extremely good movie

Been a while since I saw it but remember liking it a lot. Hugh Jackman was great in it

this, he did the angry desperate dad looking for his daughter extremely well

why didn't he constantly blow the whistle? plot holes in the last 5 minutes of a movie turn it into a 0/10

It's tragic that he got kidnapped twice, and then beaten and abused, I expected Dover to be more cruel with the torture, but it was good that he wasn't. I found the maze part to be interesting as well, and that its shown throughout the entire movie, even on Dover's wife's medication.
I did piece together the movie's climax about 40 minutes before the ending, but the ending still surprised me.

Just the final scene desu. Like the twist wasn't that surprising but the fact that Hugh Jackman got captured and never found was so chilling yet satisfying. He'd given up so much of his soul to find his daughter, it was poetic he'd find himself doomed to his own prison.

I can still hear that whistle.

The ending was a poor mans Spoorloos

This poster always cracks me up. Dude looks like Heavy Rain.

Attached: 365432-heavy_rain_think_ethan_mars_origami_killer[1].jpg (1280x720, 185K)

zodiac tier comfy movie but it always freaked me out how off Jackedman looks in the poster

what is Yea Forums's top 3 detectivekino?

Better than the overrated ussual suspects shit

Why do all of Villeneuve's movies have such JUST tier posters? Anyway Prisoners is really good and I want to watch it again just being reminded of it

>kino
Stupid fucking underage reddit buzzwords

>never found
loki did find him at the very end, tho

pureunadulteratedkino

Attached: 1546843712243.png (1524x1520, 1.99M)

based, any kinos for this feel?

I think he was, possibly for days even. You hear the whistle sounding like a whimper more than a full blown whistle. That implied he was weak but still calling for help.

>why didn't he constantly blow the whistle?
but he did? there's a reason why you hear it so feebly in the ending

That's not a plothole dumdum

Attached: 14893504.510000002_image.png (297x626, 146K)

The second he found it, if he started blowing (especially when he hears the noise above from police) he would have been heard.

Attached: Screenshot_142[1].png (644x644, 936K)