Is this show worth watching?

Is this show worth watching?

Attached: Rectify.jpg (680x960, 100K)

oh very much yes, user

Attached: rectify 5.jpg (1920x1080, 178K)

Yes and no.

The epitome of patrician.

yes, ending is a lil bit cucked but i remember first 2 episodes of season 2 made me cry like a baby

kino drama

No.

It depends, it's a slow burner. Very very slow, but if you like intriguing character drama's it's the best out there.

>it's a Kerwin episode

:'(

Last season sucked pure shit and the ending was laughable cuck shit. What was the writer thinking?

this.
Also be aware it is depressing. There is pretty much not a single undepressing moment in it. It has the 21st century feeling all over it.

first season is great and basically all it needed to be

shlick shlick shlick

Teddy has such a great character arc.

They all do. Man this was such a brilliant show. I think easily one of the 5 best dramas ever made.

Kino. Daniel is one of my favorite television characters ever. Sad as fuck and great acting all around. Though I remember the final season being a bit of a letdown

This show is such a great parable for neet life and isolation. I'm surprised it wasn't more popular here.

he has too much sex

yeah but his relationship with tawney and the girl at the end are realllly wierd lol
he doesn't know how to make either work at all.

Yes, it's fantastic. IIRC it's literally the best reviewed show in Metacritic history

Season 3 is amazing as well. It's a perfect mix of slow burning character stuff and an actual murder story progression

>They all do
I think Amantha kinda got the short stick, after season 1 show had no idea what to do with her besides "she dedicated her whole life to her brother and finally achieved it, but what's next?"

yeah you're right about Amantha

>I'm surprised it wasn't more popular here.
Lmao Yea Forums only pretends to have good taste, but in reality talks about SW, Marvel and GoT while threads about actually good, lesser-known shows die. Rectify was also a christian show, but you'll never hear local Jesus fags talk about it, they probably never even heard about it. They'll probably think it's boring too, it'll be too subtle for them

>relationship with tawney
really? I don't remember that. I remember she took him to that christian gathering but nothing beyond that. Did they fuck?

he falls in love with her and kisses her and she's totally uncontent in her marriage and willing for an affair
but he acts frightened and standoffish and pretends to turn into a christcuck and then gives her a massive rant about how cruel the universe is and how god must be a cruel god and basically torpedos it all in spectacular fashion and rapes her husband basically how i'd imagine people here might behave lol.

>1&2 are kino
>3&4 are okay

>rapes her husband
nah, he just chokes him and puts coffee on the pooper to humiliate him because Teddy lectured him on moral choices and responsibility.

>chokes him and puts coffee on the pooper
lol, if it was a dildo he put in his pooper, would it be rape?
how about if it was a cucumber?
a bell pepper?
coffee isn't rape?

Teddy did basically deserve it though.
Teddy was such an interesting character
Surprisingly turned into my favorite by the end.
the performance was really really good

I watched all of this show but all I remember is that Daniel was a fag and Teddy was based and did nothing wrong.

*makes a brew in your asshole*
no offense kid

Attached: Rectify.jpg (5616x3034, 1.6M)

Was the main character autistic? Seemed like you were supposed to think he was tortured and damaged by his abuse on prison, but he just seemed like an autistic loser. He even played sonic.

I don't think so. He had a gf in high school that got him in all this mess.
I don't think it was explicitly torture either. Just the long term damaging effects of social isolation.

He didn't really have any social skills, but I don't think he was inherently bad at reading other people, or particularly liked repetition or any other characteristic of autism.

No daylight for 19 years, tiny cell, nothing to do, total isolation, the worst form of torture imaginable.
And the guy was just a 18 year old kid on acid with the wrong friends.

wasnt it shrooms
but yes

>an actual murder story progression
Which goes nowhere in the end.

It doesn't get tied up nicely with a clean resolution
but the story didn't not go anywhere
Did you really want them to reveal exactly what happened etc?

his shit-eating grin following that finger-snap was even better to me.
fucking loved this show, it's the only one of its kind i could stand to watch to completion and still want more. the final season's setting of daniel making it work living with his roommates was my favourite subplot. how they gently but rightfully called him out on how he was too into his own little world to even think of reaching out to that one roommate who he watched leave quietly in the night

>because i know you

Attached: 1527818056683.png (633x758, 30K)

no, it's not, and ted himself made this distinction when he confided to the sheriff. it was the first time i felt something close to respect for him, i was certain he'd take it like a bitch and start becoming resentful and vengeful of daniel instead of actually understanding the point he made, even if he still hates the guy

i wonder what it's like to witness something like an underage gangbang on shrooms

I actually thought it got more resolution than I expected. The show made a good case for opting to let that mystery be but they touched on it again in the last season with answers to questions I've never even posed. It was perfectly fine with me.

He was a typical highly intelligent person not thriving in a small town. Then they put him in solitary for 20 years and that kinda screwed him up.

>Which goes nowhere in the end.
It was similar (albeit a lot better) to the much talked about The Night Of miniseries. You got a lot of clues but no resolution because the who dunnit was not the point of the story.

Such an amazing t.v. series and such amazing cast of actors.
But I did hate thawnne
The last season was let down though
But i hope Daniel is doing ok now

Teddy turned out to be a really interesting character, not the typical villain i expected either

but i reckon his perspective on the butt coffee situation was more about being in denial and not wanting to victimize himself and being ashamed than any truthful analysis of it.

He got raped. Or 'sexually assaulted' at the very least.

>Did you really want them to reveal exactly what happened etc?
Yes

tawny was a qt

hmmm how about A Serious Man?
Did you want everything in that to be resolved at the end?

Attached: A Serious Man ending.jpg (1362x730, 76K)

Absolute masterpiece.

>Or 'sexually assaulted' at the very least.
no doubt on that. Eventually he started to understand the point that Daniel was trying to make. Sometimes our actions are dictated by circumstance. He came off his high horse and that made him indeed a really interesting character.

i'm surprised the actor hasn't been in anything good since

>Tfw redheaded, far younger half-brother
I’m the Jared of my family
FUCK

jared had his shit together more than the others

For what purpose?
Seriously what would you have gleaned from that exposition?

lol i don't know why fans of the show always took potshots at his irrelevance. isn't the whole point of his character to show their family isn't just fundamentally weird?

i think his character is mostly a device to show ted sr and mommy daniel in a positive light

ok but it wasn't ''rape'' rape, as whoopi goldshtein would put it

as in like 'just because amantha and td jr and daniel are all shitheads doesn't mean that they're bad parents' kind of thing

He had a qt short-haired gf though, idk what happened to her

I thought Trey getting locked up for a crime he didn't commit was a great end to his arc. He was just such a slimy cunt, always escaped consequences, but eventually his bullshit caught up to him in the most ironic way possible.

As for Daniel's crime - it was never going to be revealed what happened. Just not how it works IRL, Daniel himself doesn't remember what happened no matter how much he wishes he did and if there was anyone else they would never tell, they're not retards.

isn't the distinction between 'rape' rape and the more ambiguous chill rape like violent holding down a stranger in an alleyway rape vs dubious consent with someone you're sleeping with anyway kind of rape?

so in that case it's the former, it's -rape- rape

How the fuck is Aiden Young not a bigger star is a mystery to me. Literally one of the best male lead performances of the decade. They're giving Amazon/Netflix dramas to fucking anyone nowadays, yet he's doing some crappy Australian mini-series instead, just what the hell.

Well for one he got basically no mainstream exposure from Rectify, only acclaim and cult status. I doubt even many industry people would have seen it or know who he is.

Secondly, male lead roles in seminal tv shows are generally just when the stars align. Jon Ham and Gandolfini leveraged work off theirs, but no performance even vaguely as good as the show which made them famous. The same is not true for movie stars.

And also the showrunner for Rectify has barely directed anything, and is mostly an actor himself, so isn't going to have much pull or new projects to get him on.

and also sadly people suck and have bad taste and don't respect true kino like rectify.