How do you go from this

How do you go from this..

Attached: 1492023990235.png (948x711, 1.02M)

..to this?

Attached: 1492024262878.png (948x711, 892K)

M E A N W H I L E R E E E E E E E E E E E E

Is The Return worth it or should I preserve my perception of the series and skip it?

the only interesting part of the return is howie winning all that money but id watch it

it's different. lynch could've played it safe and cruise it on nostalgia ("remember 'damn good coffe'???") but instead he went out of his way to make something really cryptic and intrincate.

i'd say it's definitely worth the watch if you're a twin peaks fan. but make sure you've also watched fire walk with me and specially the missing pieces, as some really important shit in return is set up there.

It's nothing like the original series at all. Literally a completely different show. The original run has been my favorite series of all time since first seeing it, but The Return comes pretty damn close to replacing it. I absolutely love them both, despite them being so dissimilar.

>preserve my perception of the series
Why do people think like this? You can't retroactively ruin something that's already compete. Anything new that's made in relation doesn't change the original.

I couldn't make it past the first episode.

I understand Lynch wanting to make it different but why remove all the comfy? Is it just because 2019 is soulless and can' be comfy?

>Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces is a 2014 feature-length compilation of deleted and extended scenes from Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
Jesus, I thought it was just a 20 minute reel like PTA's Back Beyond. How the hell do you cobble together a feature film of unused footage?

Imagine the penultimate episode having the final showdown against evil, then it seems for Cooper is not good enough and it seems like he wants to go back to the past to fix it somehow, but it doesn't happen, and instead is 1 hour of a long boring car drive, a sex scene out of nowhere and a scream.

Utterly and irretrievably LYNCHED

The Return has a lot of comfy scenes and also waifus like my pissfu.

Attached: rhonda.webm (496x480, 726K)

>not comfy

Attached: dougie.jpg (700x700, 101K)

he hates comfyfags

portrays them as fucking retards that can only repeat what they know and its glorious

The Return is actually very similar to the few original series episodes that Lynch directed. If you just like Twin Peaks for the soap opera bullshit, you totally missed the point. The Return has plenty of comfy moments, but Lynch has always taken the story far more seriously than anybody else who was involved with the show. They watered it down, and if you only liked the watered down version you're honestly kind of a pleb.

I doubt that was really his intention behind Dougie, but it's still a fitting analysis.

you're wrong, eat a dick faglord.

OP here, how is this even a question?
The Return is the greatest thing to ever happen on television, by far.

Attached: 1493437581102.jpg (1440x1080, 274K)

Coffee and pie fags always have such thoughtful and convincing arguments

Attached: 1558935638887.jpg (640x640, 122K)

There's nothing soulless about it. It gets very dark, but it's also incredibly heartfelt and soaked in melancholia. It's a beautiful piece of art and I'm sorry you're unable to enjoy the journey of a truly one-of-a-kind experience.

Attached: 1501282958075.png (500x500, 155K)

cute

:3

Attached: 1497069800055.webm (826x620, 2.83M)

The Return is pretentious art house garbage full of messages saying absolutely nothing. It's a garbage show and only brainlets defend it.

BOB dies to one of the stupidest characters Lynch has ever created in a literal capeshit fight where BOB is a cgi christmas ball floating around in the twin peaks police department and Freddy punches him to death while the original and new cast stand off to the side looking bored and confused. It's one of the most hilariously bad things I've ever seen, and there's almost nothing else in the rest of the drearily long season to make up for it.

I did like the look of the gas station otherplace, but I'm biased because it looked exactly like some of those old 2003 flash sites I used to visit as a kid, the ones where you had to find what to click and in what order to go to the next page.

I suggest watching The Return if you like So Bad It's Good trainwrecks, but it's a terrible show. It's basically how Tommy Wiseau would direct twin peaks.

Jesus Christ

Attached: 1561316132424.jpg (1080x1080, 119K)

>remember 'damn good coffe'???
But there's actually plenty of this in it. And it's great

Attached: 1515726521135.jpg (326x294, 20K)

S2 (Lynch episodes) > S3 > S1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> S2 (filler episodes)

heh

Attached: 1502250691033.jpg (1920x1080, 1.1M)

And then to this?

Attached: 1560963405257.jpg (760x569, 329K)

Attached: 1505871568295.gif (640x480, 315K)

>return fans
>can't express why they like the show
>can only respond to criticisms with forced memes
>avg. 87 iq
>likes superhero movies

>return haters
>can accurately and concisely point out what they hate about the show from an exhaustive list of flaws and shortcomings
>avg. 126 iq
>has sex so naturally hates childish nonsense

Attached: Twin-Peaks-The-Return-Bob-759x427.png (759x427, 298K)

close, S2 Lynch episodes = S3 > S1 > shit >>> S2 fillers

wow btfo, how will they ever recover?

Attached: 1498054549028.jpg (640x468, 24K)

Attached: 1560197513120.jpg (600x894, 53K)

Sensational.

Attached: 1553591616897.png (301x301, 182K)

dougie is based you little bitch

LYNCHED

I actually liked the insurance company subplot.

Also didn't Mark Frost write a book or something that actually tied up the story years before Return came out?

You're wrong and I'm not going to explain why. You've been lynched bro, simple as that.

Mark Frost's shit is exactly that, shit. It's glorified fan fiction

>return haters
>can't read
>are delusional
>are retarded
>are plebs

DAMN FINE POST! AND HOT!

This 100%. I wouldn't even be bothered with the silly artsy stuff if there weren't so much meaningless shit and useless characters in the show. It felt like roughly 70% of the show was filler.

This and also based

To this?

Attached: IMG_7216.jpg (452x678, 35K)

Return haters are literally all trolls. This post is a troll post. You've given zero argument to support position, and yet you accuse your opponents of doing the same thing. If you've spent any time at all in peaks threads, you know that the reasons people love the return have been made explicit time and time again. The only "argument" I've ever seen from haters is that it's not comfy and it's boring and dumb and slow. These are not valid criticisms, they simply show a lack of maturity and intelligence on your part.

Watch it for cute Naomi Watts.

Jumpin' George!

Attached: 1561230971516.jpg (480x464, 24K)

>Return haters are literally all trolls.
Cope and a dishonest way of saying "I can't defend my viewpoint so I'll pretend you're a troll"

>This post is a troll post.
It's not

>You've given zero argument to support position, and yet you accuse your opponents of doing the same thing.
I gave two examples in my own post, you've give none, also see >117097097 and all the other puppets dancing to my posts for examples of return fans I already pointed out. Stale memes, no defense

>If you've spent any time at all in peaks threads, you know that the reasons people love the return have been made explicit time and time again.
Not once has this ever been true. It's just return fans memeing at each other. Even at it's freshest, return threads were just HELL-OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH spam.

>The only "argument" I've ever seen from haters is that it's not comfy and it's boring and dumb and slow.
You're a delusional bald faced liar because boring dumb and slow was not used in my criticism of the show, you know, the post you responded to?

>These are not valid criticisms,
Yes they are

>they simply show a lack of maturity and intelligence on your part.
Yeah okay big brain, you've already been proven a liar and a pleb.

>Return haters are literally all trolls. This post is a troll post.
This is true, they're either trolls or mouthbreathers(as evidenced here ) and all regular posters know it, which is why you should refrain from wasting your time typing out replies, and just follow the tried and tested tradition of responding with reaction images.

Attached: 1506809506582.jpg (1036x1036, 270K)

>The Return is pretentious art house garbage
Not an argument; a baseless opinion.
>full of messages saying absolutely nothing.
Demonstrably false, and proof of how dense you are.
>It's a garbage show and only brainlets defend it.
More baseless opinion.
>BOB dies to one of the stupidest characters Lynch has ever created
Baseless opinion
>in a literal capeshit fight
Brainlet
>where BOB is a cgi christmas ball floating around in the twin peaks police department and Freddy punches him to death while the original and new cast stand off to the side looking bored and confused. It's one of the most hilariously bad things I've ever seen
Because you fail see anything beyond the most shallow surface-level understanding.
>and there's almost nothing else in the rest of the drearily long season to make up for it.
Baseless opinion
>I did like the look of the gas station otherplace, but I'm biased because it looked exactly like some of those old 2003 flash sites I used to visit as a kid, the ones where you had to find what to click and in what order to go to the next page.
Cringe
>I suggest watching The Return if you like So Bad It's Good trainwrecks, but it's a terrible show. It's basically how Tommy Wiseau would direct twin peaks.
Baseless opinion

Your critique of the show is the film review equivalent of ad hominem. You don't actually criticise anything of substance, you just throw shallow insults at the show instead.

>Lynchfags

Disgusting, watch some actual arthouse.

Black Lodge. Not even once.

I can't even imagine getting Lynched this hard.

S3 is goat
It's been 2 years and I wunna rewatch it.
S2 is particularly dated and flat in spots

>You can't retroactively ruin something that's already compete. Anything new that's made in relation doesn't change the original.
Robert Dinero

Huh?

Robert Deniro ruined his legacy by making shit flicks late in life and also by being a faggy anti Trumper. He only hates Trump because they have history in NYC.

This just reminds me to _____________________Judy_________________

E L E C T R I C I T Y

Without fail the Lynch dick suckers come out of their holes to defend this mediocrity soaked season of cheeses special effects and garbage themes. He originally planned to make The return a two hour movie, and he should have stuck to it. There’s only about 2 hours of worthwhile material in the entire 17 hour run. Still better than most shit I guess but simply falls flat compared to seasons one and two.
P.S don’t give me the meta commentary excuses for how shitty the fight with bob was or why it took dale so long to come back. The old man has lost it.

You're unironically a moron. Go rewatch Game of Thrones.

Attached: 1561135856452.gif (480x238, 415K)