Why was the guy Harry met in year 5 exactly the same as the guy who was pretending to be him the year before...

Why was the guy Harry met in year 5 exactly the same as the guy who was pretending to be him the year before? Mannerisms, speech patterns, everything.

Attached: AlastorMoody_WB_F5_AlastorMoodyFullbody_Promo_080615_Port.jpg (1200x1102, 166K)

Nobody noticed the imposter because he was so good at impersonating the real Moody

Because the imposter did a very good job.

What? That’s the whole point of pretending to be someone, to copy their mannerisms etc to not be suspected

The actor can only be himself on camera

It just seems unrealistic that he would be able to do such a good job imitating every aspect of Moody's life when he was in prison or at his father's house for like a decade. He's even a great teacher.

You're pretending to have never read or watched the book/movie, aren't you?

because rowling is a hack

shit well we can't have harry potter suffering under the cruel heel of not being realistic

Crouch's dad was head of the DMLE, he probably knew Moody quite well growing up, and Moody is legit famous

>impersonatum perficticus
>*sparkle*
oh wow gosh now we have an in-universe explanation.

Why are you looking for logic from the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises written for people whose imaginative lives are confined to TV cartoons, and the exaggerated (more exciting, not threatening) mirror-worlds of soaps, reality TV and celebrity gossip?
Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1559603488805.jpg (1600x2874, 558K)

Was this pasta always in reference to Harry Potter or did it start as something else?

This but the average user will try to mental gymnastic around it

RAAGHGAH

Attached: OoooOOOooooOOOOoohhh Jr.gif (350x224, 515K)

This bugged me as a kid because there was no clue or hint that Moody wasn't the real Moody, and when joonyer is revealed he immediately goes back to being crazy insane man and dies before we see any more of him. No one can accurately portray another person so flawlessly. It's just more stupid Gotcha writing from Rowling, setting up mysteries we cannot possibly predict because she gave us no clues to unravel them.

Sad that a low budget show about a girl who fucks vampires did a better job of showing someone possessing another's body.

Attached: 4497920802b2c6bdc8144a1e11444ae0.jpg (489x750, 54K)

always for HP

Always HP. It's been adapted several times though

He's low IQ like every other potter leftist

Attached: 1561322207051.jpg (562x274, 58K)

It was for harry, ive read it

what?

He has returned!

It's a combination of a couple of sources, the first half is a review of Deathly Hallows 2, and the second half is a "review" from some seething professor that pretended to read the first book

>the grown man who makes 4 hour long critiques of liberal values in children's cartoons and video games calls others defective adults

Attached: a-wizard-did-it-know-your-meme.jpg (225x225, 17K)

so true

Attached: 1482179030910.jpg (1007x1278, 370K)

It was always in reference to Harry Potter, I’ve read the original review

aside from a handful of opening words, we all have, dumbass

a farmer did it

Attached: 1481599669884.jpg (918x960, 73K)

It sounds to me like you were too young to notice the clues user.

Eh? What does he mean?

He didn't pretend to read it, he read it, why do you find it hard to believe that someone might read it and recognize that it's of poor quality?

The same is true but for online posts. That's why everyone is crazy now.

Based No! poster.

Because he's lying about the 'stretched his legs' bit, nothing like that appears in the book

based boomer

He wants kids to fight for him, so he doesn’t have to.

>”uh uh uh well technically we all have”
I checked the source to verify that the review was legitimate

Fuck drumpf

See Potter drones are extremely low IQ

Barty Crouch Jr was the youngest president of the Hogwarts theatre club ever. He left Hogwarts with O's in every subject imaginable and even won an award for the "best famous Wizard impression", winning much applause and mirth from his peers for his impeccable take on the grizzled Auror "Alastor 'Mad eye' Moody". He was tipped for a dazzling and vivid career in wizarding showbusiness, but a stray page Snape left on his table from Voldemort's manifesto twisted his young and malleable mind.

JK Rowling revealed this all you see, through twitter. It was during the same line of tweets where she also revealed that Hermione was a boy trapped in a girls body all along, and that Harry's parents couldn't simply apparate from their home to save themselves because Dumbledore had sternly told them that it wouldn't make for a compelling story if they did that.

Okay that explains everything. Brava Rowling.