Why have westerns disappeared? Even the few ones we get are mediocre

Why have westerns disappeared? Even the few ones we get are mediocre.

Attached: the-magnificent-seven-1132x670.jpg (1132x670, 291K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Western_films_of_the_2010s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Western_films_of_the_2010s

Go to bed, grandpa.

Maybe the genre has been exhausted, even by the 70's all the notable films were about the "death of the wild west" and everything afterwards seem to be about deconstructing them.

that picture is fucking embarrassing. no wonder nobody goes to movies anymore

This. There's a lot of stuff out there if you look.

Oh I get it now
It's not a rabbit, it's a she rabbit

Because they have westerns but with capes and tights and also in space with midichlorians

every western we get now is either ironic, cynical or subverted. the dollar trilogy literally couldnt be made today

John Wick, Dredd, The Equalizer, Taken, etc. are all just Westerns with a different look.

The Sisters Brothers any good? It has John C. Reilly.

Attached: red-dead-redemption-2-12.jpg (1921x1079, 1.15M)

The most modern western I've seen is Bone Tomahawk from 2015 and I ended up getting a cannibal film

haven't watched it yet but audiard is great

All my this, denke desu sempai!

capeshit is the new western of the modern day westerns might as well be silent movies now

>Dredd 2 never ever

>not mediocre

Are you saying you don't want gunslingers shooting quips at each other instead of bullets?

Hostiles is great. One of the best movies in recent years imo.

There have actually been a lot of Westerns the last few years, but they’re usually limited release or straight to video stuff.

I actually unironically enjoyed this remake and Im racist as fuck however that Indians war paint was laughably embarrasing. Like holy shit you go to all this trouble to include niggers, spics, chinks, wamen and a native america and you expect us to believe he'd paint actual stars and stripes on his face? Like holy shit they must have had a Injun technical adviser on the film.

Bone Tomahawk and Hell or High Water were fun

You haven't seen all westerns, go watch them all first. Also westerns are worse than scifi because at least nerds admit their fake stories are pure fiction.

It was good and ending made it truly great
I couldn't take Hostiles seriously because of the body count. Realistic edgy western where they introduce new characters every 5 minutes who you know they are going to kill off immediately. I wanted to like it, ending was absurd as well.

Leave the westerns to vidya, it's doing it better than films have.

Attached: 07c2103a1790a6fe-600x338.jpg (600x338, 43K)

They can’t make westerns because they no longer can make actors look dirty, everyone needs to be clean cut with brand new clothes and a fresh haircut. Also writers can’t write anymore, so they fail on story and look.

Slow West was pretty decent

I liked it a lot too, Goodnight and Billy rocks best boys.

bone tomahawk was kino, so was everything else the guy made. really looking forward to his new thing.

it's john c reilly kino and phoenix is great too

To Hell or High Water was a good modern western. People are too far removed from any sort of wild west or frontiers to appreciate proper westerns.

>because they no longer can make actors look dirty, everyone needs to be clean cut with brand new clothes and a fresh haircut.
Literally the opposite happens in any contemporary period piece, retard. What you're describing was actually the standard look of most period pieces before New Hollywood. Did you ever see John Wayne with shit on his face?

your pic is the reason why. Certain genres cannot be made when politics are allowed to dictate substance

>we need a black guy
>a mexican
>an asian
>a native american "indian"
>a goofy sidekick
>a 2-dimensional good guy
>a 2-dimensional bad guy
>a strong independent woman who dont need no man
>a story? who needs that when we're catering to absolutely everyone

Such a shame RDR1 is one of the best westerns of all time. RDR2 had great potential until they went to Cuba and everything got stupid.