Used to watch the same 3 thomas the tank engine VHS tapes everyday as a kid

>used to watch the same 3 thomas the tank engine VHS tapes everyday as a kid
>would sometimes watch the same episode 5 times a day because I found it soothing

was it autism?

Attached: TheSadStoryOfHenry52.png (706x530, 966K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x290etx
dailymotion.com/video/x296pca
dailymotion.com/video/x28xaul
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most likely.

Kids run on pure senses until like 5-6 when they can start articulating themselves. Autists also struggle with articulation and communication. Its pretty normal for small kids. I used to watch Thunderbirds and my Dad's history VHSs on repeat.

no, kids like watching the same shit over and over again as it helps them understand it. look it up

No not at all. Kids like repetitive shit. Thomas is a comfy show and Ringos soothing voice was lovely for young kids.

The world is new and scary for young kids, repititveness gives them something to retreat to.

No, Thomas the Tank Engine was kino. Listening to the train sounds, narrator and the soundtrack in the background was comfy.

This episode disturbed the hell out of me as a kid. It's like Poe wrote a Thomas episode.

>tfw used to watch fight club on repeat when I was 14
I am pretty articulate though
>it's all layers of construct. we all break down different layers of the one super-reality etched into the Mind of God like faces on mount rushmore
said this in class once and got a standing ovation

And look at how well you turned out.
Lmao.

>Ringos soothing voice
Who dubbed the US version?

Cringe. More at your classmates than you though

>Ringo
They had George Carlin in the US.

The Fat Controller isn't called the Fat Controller, he's called Sir Topham Hatt
Absolute barbarism.

Could be fucking worse.

That's pretty normal. Young kids watch the same things over and over because they somehow can keep the adventure fresh each time.

I watched land before time every day when I was really young. Then I moved onto renting the exact same episodes of Tom and Jerry from blockbuster every week, and eventually renting the exact same Godzilla movies every week.

Tom and Jerry is one of those universal kid things that will always be popular, I work as a teacher in special ed, nothing shuts those kids up like an episode of Tom and Jerry

its how I calm them down before school work

I remember one where Thomas got around some bog on a cable ferry, that one was spooky.
Runaway train episodes were kino too.

>name is Thomas
>had a Thomas the Tank shirt and shorts set
>my/his name across the chest
>wore it everyday and cried when Mum tried to wash it
>watched Thomas the Tank on repeat all day
>had loads of Thomas toys and a bedroom decorated with Thomas wallpaper
I got you autists beat.

>Sir Topham Hatt
That's his actual name though. The engines use "fat controller" out of endearment for him.

nah it's pretty based all in all

I liked it too, had some "Cars" toys while i was watching it. Felt comfy.

i used to do that and i have adult autism so i guess yes

my name's nate higgers and I...

George Carlin did it.

I used to watch thunderbirds and reenact the episodes with my thunderbirds toys which i still believe is a genius idea

Thunderbirds was so fucking based. Best episode is when they decide to move the sky scraper for some absurd reason.

i watched Charles Chaplin's Modern Times every time i came home from school during 2009.

Every kid does this. I watched the same single episode of Doctor Who on repeat for weeks and months

You guys remember the one with the boulder? that scared the fucking shit outta me when I was a lad

Hey wait... there's no Amontillado in here!

Thomas was my favorite show when I was 4, I too would watch the tapes for hours. That boulder episode always stick with me.

Am I the only one who had a couple tapes that were just heavy machinery and shit like that operating

Stingray was better than thunderbirds

George Carlin, wtf? I watched a variety of episodes, some had Ringo, some had a yank I think.

It was Ringo on the early VHS's and for the first season of Shining Time Station, and then it turned to George Carlin from the 2nd season onwards, and they had him re-dub the old Starr Thomas VHS collections for re-release.

Either way, it was kino.

I dunno I always disliked thomas the tank engine as a kid. I think it was the title song that put me off.

Based Thunderbirds-anons. My favorite episodes were the space ones and the one with the giant army walker.

Here, have some /comfy/-ness
dailymotion.com/video/x290etx
dailymotion.com/video/x296pca
dailymotion.com/video/x28xaul

You shut your whore mouth when the men are talking

My friends brother was the same way but he had ADHD.
It was always one of his cub scout videos, too, or something equally retarded.
>Friend and I commandeer the SNES
>Bullshit his brother we'll watch his dumb movie after
All I remember is him prattling on about "The Legend Of Cougar Canyon" for the whole fucking afternoon.

Remember this hardcore incel?

Attached: 13C0AE94-0069-4D5C-A6C4-B7D08B0D4F36.jpg (180x217, 12K)

i thought it was too slow and dry.

you're not the only one. really loved thomas and trains in general and would repeatedly watch this show, had the toy sets, had a thomas cak and like others, i also loved thunderbirds. my interests ultimately shifted to star wars as a got older. i think it's autism when you're in your 20's and still have these obsessions

I watched the same 5 or 6 Godzilla movies nearly every day

which ones? want to get into him but there are like 500 different movies.

I have watched Commando, without exaggeration, probably 50+ times.

Had the VHS as a kid. Really enjoyed the whole ride but my favorite part was when Arnie was mowing down baddies with a machine gun at the villa.

For me it was this. I think Elisabeth Shue was my first crush. probably watched it like 30 times.

Attached: p10116_v_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 392K)