Why is Star Wars so boring now?

Why does it all feel the same? Is there really nowhere to go?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-24-04-18-11~3.png (720x840, 900K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=seRQKZQLKls
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

star wars was never good
it just seemed like it had some worldbuilding but it didnt and people fell for it

>was never good
one of the biggest franchises you diluted twat

yeah like marvel capeshit whats your point

Kys

First two look different enough that it gets away with it. The rest? NIGGER

I’d rather see the actual Clone Wars campaigns or how life was like under Imperial rule in the early years of Palpatine’s reign.

The mcdonalds of movie franchises, yeah

They literally have 0 original ideas so all they can do is shoot in Morocco and have it be a tatooine knock off because that's the most well known location / planet.
These worthless fucks are probably barely even aware of any other star wars locations.

I'd post pictures of the people in charge of LFL and Kathleen Kennedy's Story Group commisars, but Yea Forums.org/tv/ has(unjustly) banned me from posting images.

Because the creative teams for the Star Wars have stagnated and just keep doing the same thing. This is what happens when you retread the same story.

"Did you like Tatooine? Let's have more Tatooines!"

its honestly pathetic, how can you have that much money, the ability to hire anyone, and still make four shit movies in a row?

Because all modern sci-fi is just a rip off of Dune, it's no coincidence most of Star Wars takes place on desert planets

Attached: 20161119-skywalkerranch8400-h_2016_thr.jpg (928x523, 138K)

did you only watch New Hope?

desert shots are majestic and easy to insert CGI into too. True story

I haven't watched any Star Wars beyond the original trilogy, but look at the OP image fucktard. 6 planets and they're all desert?

>me and everyone else would rather eat a big mac than a new york strip steak
k

yes but this is not what you said retard

Your quote
>it's no coincidence most of Star Wars takes place on desert planets

This is not

This is not true.

whaat?
nooo delet they have million ideas and star wars is amazing!
they have water planets
and sand planets
and city planets
and forest planets
and snow planets
and fire planets
and they have air planet!
by their powers combined, I am captain planet

Because every movie needs to have the same shit. Solo didnt have lightsabers and it bombed

Because Disney wasn't interested in expanding the world and stories as they were remaking the OT, but make it worse. As much as George sucks shit at creating coherent characters and a story, he at least tried something new. I honestly didn't expect Disney to drop the ball this hard.

Because Solo was shit. The OT and Rogue One didn't have that much lightsabers either and they did very well.

More exactly, it's two "campy but enjoyable" movies that everyone thought would magically be the basis for a great universe, but instead has been churning out embarassing shit ever since (Kotor, all the post-Jedi books, etc...).

Star wars and Empire strikes back are decent movies but that's about it. They should've had a small cult-following and been forgotten about.
It's basically *that* close to being a forgotten 80s sci-fi movie like Dune.

Why is there no heart planet

All the talent in the world can't do much if you don't have creative freedom and instead have to answer to producers who just want formulaic schlock. To Rian Johnson's credit it looked like he wanted to do something different, but failed because he's a moron.

Ahh, thank you, friend.

From Left to right, seated:
>Kathleen Kennedy (president)
>Jacgui Lopez (vice president)
>Athena Portillo (producer)
>Pippa Anderson (senior vice president of post production)
Left to right, standing:
>Rhonda Hjort (deputy chief counsel)
>Janet Lewin (vice president of visual effects)
>Lori Aultman (vice president of finance & planning)
>Rayne Roberts (creative executive, member of Story Group)
>Kaylee Walters (general manager or licensing and partnerships)
>Vicki Dobbs Beck (executive in charge of ILM)

Their only connection to Star Wars prior to this was probably going to see the OT in the cinema and sucking Chad's dick the entire time

>chad watching star wars
lmao at you

geonosis was very different from tatooine, had a totally different culture and aesthetic to it, different denizens etc.

The others all look like tatooine knock-offs, it’s disgusting.

>first two are absolutely iconic and have even seeped into wider pop culture
>I've never even heard of the others
they had a galaxy full of planets but they had to make up a bunch of new ones just to confuse people who actually knew the lore

No wonder nuwars is so soulless

golly I wonder how much of the EU a group like this has read
I mean these look like the exact kind of people who've read EVERYTHING right guys?

Because they already told us the story. Now they're just adding more stuff in it artificially and it doesn't make sense with old canon.

the only problem is that they made a bunch of literal who planets that look the same as existing ones.

Hmmm

Also Nolan had better planet concept in Interstellar than Jew Jew did in the new trilogy.

Seriously lack of imagination for a sci-fi/fantasy genre

Geonosis was the absolute nadir point of the prequels, though.

The sequel trilogy isn't canon though

Attached: 1420969181131.jpg (720x960, 114K)

I miss legends

Can't do something original because everything has to be a throwback. 'member this?

Did they actually use any previously established planet names for the JJWars films?

There are maybe 100 talented people in modern Hollywood. None of them work on Star Wars.

I think they said Dantooine in a line of dialogue once

((they)) will NEVER show you this because that standard of living under Sheev was much higher than the republic

>implying tatooine and geonosis are the same

>diluted
>not deluded

Attached: BC6B12AE-35D9-48AD-990D-1C8659462661.jpg (320x240, 7K)

Dune was a better movie. It got killed in editing. Last Star Fighter is better too. So many movies do stars better than Star Wars.

Star Wars? Moar like
>Star Worse
amirite?

>Because Solo was shit

It really wasn't. Solo flopped due to TLJ backlash.

Doing something different is not the correct approach. The correct thing is to do something new and creative but true to Star Wars' tone and style. Like for example all the stupid modern comedy bits JJ and Rian added should never have been written in a Star Wars movie.

>deluded
>not dilated

Attached: 1555784616922-tv.jpg (400x267, 21K)

WoW unironically has more creative locations.

Attached: VO7WiWY.jpg (911x912, 324K)

At least Geonosis has the bug people and industrial shit. What in film differences are there between Jakku and whatever those other three are?

The team currently behind these recent movies are nothing short of hacks. Star Wars has such extensive world building thanks to the expanded universe but for some reason we are still watching the same shit over and over again. It's pathetic

You only have yourselves to blame. Star Wars is only popular because you buy a ticket to see the movie along with their games and their books and their toys. People look at those bland worlds and those trite stories and basically tell the studio "yes, this is what I want to see". The culture is only as good as the people who make it up.

Attached: 1C84799E-A479-4BBA-AFFF-31AD2AA03B73.jpg (2234x2640, 512K)

This

Star Wars is boring now because Kathleen Kennedy Force-queefed on it, that's why every planet is now a sandy shithole and every alien is a brown humanoid.

Imagine the smell.

>At least Geonosis has the bug people and industrial shit.

This is true, Geonosis is more of a rocky desert planet with cool spires whereas almost every planet in the soulless sequel trilogy is a boring sandy desert. The prequels are based and infinitely better than the sequel trilogy.

You can at least tell Tatooine and Geonosis apart, one is full of scummy, evil, figurative bug people, and the other is full of scummy, evil, literal bug people.

True and Tatooine is a sandy desert planet whereas Geonosis is a rocky desert planet with spires.

Jedha at least has the mesas and ancient Jedi shrines. Could have done more with the cold desert climate it was apparently written with in mind though.

>Jakku is a desert planet littered with ruined Star Destroyers, AT-ATs etc.
Cool, so the scavenger camp is located inside one of these Star Destroyers, right? Maybe they repurposed some of the tech for more mundane uses such as tactical displays as lamps, hangar doors as regular doors..
>No
Oh. Ok.
But at least its located near some of the junk so we can see why they chose that location, correct?
>No. It is located on a flat plain surrounded by sand. Because it is a desert planet.

Attached: camp.jpg (1920x1200, 171K)

Did you not watch nuWars? Jakku is literally a ripoff of Jacurutu, a place from the Dune series.

Bro! Bro! You don't get it bro! It's SUPPOSED to look like Tatooine! That way when you see the trailer you think it's Tatooine, but then you watch the movie and you see it's not Tatooine! Haha! And then whenever someone else says its Tatooine you can go "uhhh ackshually" and tell them it's not Tatootine!

Attached: (you too).jpg (812x852, 134K)

Didn't Star Wars rip everything off Valyrian or whatever?

This is the endpoint of trump's climate change ignorance - desert planets throughout the universe.

Cringe.

This is frankly discouraging.

this but unironically
Disney has been taking the piss out of the fans since the word go

Fucking disgusting

All those planets being barren shithole deserts is probably the most realistic aspect of Star Wars.

Geonosis alone is better than everything in the sequels

what comes to designing alien planets, using rocks is easier than trying to create alien plant life. Just ask Weta people who did Avatar jungles.

youtube.com/watch?v=seRQKZQLKls

we were robbed

Attached: file.png (800x913, 829K)

TLJ is quite literally the worst movie i ever seen. And one of its Biggest issues (nobody brings up) is how utterly boring it is. Nothing happens: the movie. What does it have like 10 minutes maybe of action in a movie called STAR WARS

Attached: 1560212951574.jpg (750x750, 213K)

There's probably a lot of rocky planets with a whole lot of nothing irl.

But how will Disney push women's and blacks with that plot? Thats the main selling point for disney wars.

It had the same amount of lightsabers that Rogue One had.

And heres your problem too. They hired a bunch of women (which isnt a huge issue) but they hired a bunch of women for the sake of being women instead of having a love for the franchise. And now we are seeing the product of a bunch of women who dont care about star wars making a star wars.

Basically its this obsession with the videogaming of planets, you got the Lava Word, Desert World, Forest World. For some reason its never just a bunch of different climates.

meat is murder either way

True story. How come every woman manager or boss ive ever had was the exact same smug, no talent, vindictive, overly emotional, rumor spreading, vile, slutty person? Ive had 7 women bosses my whole life and they were all the same. They could also get away with murder in terms of running whatever company I was working for into the ground. It was always someone elses fault they sucked at being in charge.

Attached: 1560188356031.gif (500x375, 755K)

At least Geonosis has the termite shit going for it, everything else is just not-Tatooine.

They blew their load on their CGI money laundering scheme*, so they need to save money. Desert location=cheap alien planet.

*Ever notice how CGI has gotten steadily worse instead of better? Hey, those faggots need summer homes!

Id say the number is much lower. But ive been noticing how a good 90% of modern movies lack any sort of creativity or visual nuance. Everything looks so cheap and plastic. I blame nepotism and diversity. Why hire the guy whos spent his whole life learning a craft when they could hire the black lesbian who just entered the buisness a month ago because she got bored.

But they killed the franchise. Even my normie co workers said they didnt like TLJ and had no interest in rise of skywalker

The desert is cool because it's like Africa.

>golly I wonder how much of the EU a group like this has read
Of all the things, this is the least of their problems.
Lucas famously didn't give a shit about the EU and didn't read any Star Wars books.

Attached: beardless lucas.jpg (1872x1500, 1.41M)

>muh EU
The Extended Universe was shit, man. A million differents clones of Luke and The Emperor is no better than MaRey Sue and her merry band of racially diverse sidekick non-characters.

Attached: 1550366262691.jpg (1280x998, 196K)

>I’d rather see the actual Clone Wars campaigns
There's a whole TV show about that, you know.

It's bogged down by its target audience, the lack of serialization and episode length.

The only good show was the Gendy Tartakovysky one though.

This

This is my first time learning that the planet in the IX trailer isn't Tatooine. Guess I'm too naive.

>realistic aspect of Star Wars.
Based retard.

Both clone wars shows sucked, and the clone wars ended up being far too toyetic to at all be interesting. Lucas's failure to depict it well is probably the only truly glaring flaw of the prequels.

Also, Episode I should have ended with the Naboo incident setting off the clone wars, with EpII being about the Republic worlds losing to the Trade Federation/CIS and while Palpatine consolidates his political power and pulls the clone army seemingly out of nowhere.

AoTC should take place against the backdrop of a war that's already happening but hasn't yet become the Clone War, with the big twist being that Palpitine saves the day with his Stormtroopers 1.0, that Obi-wan discover by accident when trying to find Intel on the separatists.

ROTS was a fine end to it all, though.

I think the problem with the prequel movies is while being too ambitious there was too much content crammed into all of them. Each movie you could've gotten at least another two movies out of them