Akira

I don't really see him as a villain. He did nothing wrong.

Attached: tetsuo.jpg (1024x572, 92K)

That nigga baldin lmao

Lmao

Balding at 15.

it’s not what he did do, it’s what he didn’t do.

To this day, I don't really know what's happening in some scenes but I really do like the film.

Attached: 1555370692702.png (1920x1311, 2.35M)

lmao

you have to read the magna to understand it fully.

Humanity is going to its next evolution so next stage of humanity are being born randomly. They have psychic powers. One was called Akira and he blew up Tokyo. Tetsuo is another one. In the end, Akira comes back and takes Tetsuo away.

no you don't, the film is pretty self contained

he's a lot less likeable/sympathetic in the manga. Kaneda's attitude to him is also much less sentimental, he just straight up tries to kill him

the film left a lot out

Everything that was needed to understand the main plot was there.

KANEDAAAAAAAA

tetsuo is the peak autist
change my mind

With great power comes great responsibility

He's not supposed to be. He's just a kid that got caught in the middle of a lot of shit beyond his control and had a power trip. He's more of a villain in the manga though, but still sympathetic.

>joins a shady ass govt organization because free drugs
>causes basically a small nuclear holocaust and creates his own collosseum games for his own amusement pithcing survivors against themselves for his amusement and "drug soup"
>b-b-b-but he was an experimental child too, not his fault

nah, fuck off

Nobody did anything in that movie.

Did Vincent do anything wrong?

Attached: 1560761399901.png (422x528, 154K)

>I'm right!
>no I'm right!
/thread

He didnt join. Are you retarded?

are you?

Attached: 1559192266630.png (800x1174, 737K)

the onus is on the person making the claim

> movie named Akira
> villain is Tetsuo
ffs

That's because you yourself are a manlet.

He was set up as the runt who didn't have the cool bike and then shit happened and literally exploded. The character is unlikeable on his own merits due to his runt status, and the dramatic arc is the runt getting unnaturally swole, and everybody hating it and working together/at cross-purposes to stop it.

I should watch it again soon, been thinking about it after all this time. I like that far shot where he pulps the nurses/techs against the hospital walls. For that matter, I've never seen Chronicle. Would I like it, anons?

CANADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It isn't his fault. He is younger than the rest of them. They should have treated him better.

he was in a fucking hoodlum gang, going to a school for juvie lockups

who the fuck is going to take care of him in that environment

"Should" is a bourgeois moral dodge. They were all feral futurepunks trapped deterministically in their own geography. Things simply unfolded as they had to.

Damn............

Attached: Kanefrog.jpg (716x516, 236K)

>television and film board
>Thread on the AKIRA movie
>"This didn't happen in the movie"
>OH YEAH WELL IT HAPPENED IN THE MANGA RETARD

I don't think you know what that word means

this is a Jap movie you black and white thinking programmed mutt
it has people in situations, not a good guy and a bad guy
his situation is that he had awakened in him powers that shouldn't be available to such a morally unevolved entity
you know like the US having the atom bomb

your own fault for not reading the source material, brainlet

Attached: Pan_troglodytes_(male).jpg (1200x900, 241K)

Reminds me of coconut fred

>attain ultimate power
>Chad with a motorcycle and a laser rifle still clowns on you

Peak autism indeed.

There was only two or so volumes of the manga out at the film's release. The final act of the film was pieced together from Katsuhiro's dot points for the rest of the plot.
For first-timers I'd recommend watching the movie, reading the manga then watching the movie again. The manga has incredible an incredible panel flow and pacing. Reads exactly like an action film.

He's never been consider a villian you capeshit fag. He's just zeitgeist.

So the capsules can awaken and simultaneously suppress psychic abilities? But amphetamines can function similarly to the capsules? Also how was Tetsuo's latent abilities awakened? Contact with Akashi, the explosion placing his body under extreme stress, the tests ran on him at the hospital or were they there all the time?

I like this image. I really like this

Save it, friend. It's all yours.

For actual? I can't believe this, thank you so much.

He kills Yamagata for no reason, after he helped his pathetic arse too. He also spray painted the walls with a lot of prime loli, and started fights with nearly everyone he met..

That is awesome, dude.

His friends should have treated him better. A gang can have brotherhood. They treated him like a baby

I liked Chronicle

Akira was a visually impressive film and I enjoyed it in that regard. Nice futuristic design, brilliant animation etc. But the writing was an absolute mess; a fair bit worse than Ghost in the Shell, which had a pretty thin story.

literally no

bump

The closest thing to a hero is the army guy.

Who is also clearly a fascist.

Clearly it was the contact with the midget.

He wasnt living a sheltered life so he probably had plenty of stress before.

He was treated like everyone gets treated in japanese society.

The manga has a complete different story.

When Kaori was about to be raped he cared more about the bike. He killed the bartender and Yamagata. Fuck him.

Why did Akira blow up Tokyo?

Because Bomber Harris told him to.

Who/what the fuck were those old manchild things with the powers? Why were they old children?

They were old people who were fed medicine to keep them from developing in order to keep them under control.

The psychic powers are awakened by the govt/military program IF you have a latent ability. Tetsuo has the same potential as Akira but his capacities evolved too much fast due to him ran away from the program.

>he cared more about the bike
It has more value than a roastie

More likely because he didnt get sedated 24/7

He did nothing wrong

There is no villan, simply persons with their own interests and objectives. Even between the Colonel and the politicians/bureocrats you cant define clearly who is in the wrong.

Manga's story is honestly better. I really liked the movie so I read scans of the color manga and it's so much better. Highly recommend it to anyone, it is a masterpiece.

The people who injected sea-water into kid's brains to experiment on psychic powers to begin with were in the wrong and the villains.

That petty little shit was never meant for power.
Thats why he resented Kaneda, instead of valuing his friendship, it was obvious Kaneda kept him alive for years and he resented his reliance on Kaneda, feeling weak.
Pain is not a valid excuse to be a fucking asshole.

He was an incel