Bates Motel

Anyone ever watch this ? also any more mommy/son kino?

Attached: Bates-Motel.jpg (1125x1500, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5S4Ss5bK-ws
youtube.com/watch?v=3TFF642O6r8&list=PLN5sfBOjXmYhcEcVySxBDVIaVNA5kpRtG
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bros...

Attached: mom.jpg (627x429, 27K)

Highmore and Thieriot are insanely hot.

It's a pretty okay show, but in order for you to enjoy it it really requires you to get used to the idea that it's essentially a five seasons long slow build up to Norman going batshit insane, i.e. there's going to be a lot of things that one might consider to be just "filler" until you get to the point where Norman seems to be killing people left and right, and the very last season which basically covers the entire original movie/book takes a shit ton of liberties with the source material instead of doing a Gus Van Sant style shot-for-shot remake, so your mileage may vary.

I personally though the series finale made sense within the context of the show, but as a Psycho fan it did also kinda piss me off a little the way they ended it.

I’ve watched every season of the show from when it was released, to the end. I’ve also rewatched it several times.
I never once found any of the episodes to be “filler”, at all. I found the entire story enjoyable and entertaining from start to finish.
If you just want to see some maniac killing people, go watch some slasher film.

The show keeps better and better for the first four seasons only to crash without survivors in the dogshit tier season five. I can't honestly recommend watching it, just like I can't recommend watching Dexter or Game of Thrones. The disappointment with the ending is way worse then the good parts before it.

It’s a comfy show. Felt bad for the sheriff

>I never once found any of the episodes to be “filler”, at all

Just about everything related to Dylan and Chick could be considered as filler simply because it doesn't really tie with Norman's story at all in any significant way until the very end. That's why I said you really need to get used to the idea that it's a slow build up to Norman going insane, because when you think of Psycho and doing a prequel show, you don't really think it's going to be four seasons of mainly growing weed in secret (man that storyline got dated pretty quickly), teen crushes and incest siblings drama storylines.

Season five is okay if you like Dylan and are up for Norman cruising as a transexual in the local gay bar. If you just want to see Psycho re-done in ten episodes, you're going to be annoyed.

Did they finally end up fucking? Or was there no payoff after waiting 19 seasons?

>If you just want to see Psycho re-done in ten episodes, you're going to be annoyed.
I didn't expect Hitchcock level kino. All I wanted was not to fuck it up completely. And that's exactly what they did. Season five shat all over the original and this is just unforgivable.

>Season five shat all over the original and this is just unforgivable.

You say that, but we already had several shitty sequels AND the remake.

No they don't fuck. If we're being serious they don't have that kind of relationship. They're just incredibly protective and possessive of each other. There's a bit of sexual tension but they don't have any romantic moments together or scenes where they nearly kiss or anything.

I've seen all the sequels, the remake and the stillborn pilot for original Bates Motel. All of them were mediocre at best and shit at worst, but casting fucking Rihuana as Marion Crane and keeping her alive because she's fucking Rihuana was the straw that broke the camel's back. Keep in mind I actually liked the previous seasons, even though 3/4 of the content had fuck to do with the actual story and the show had always been taking liberties when it comes to the plot, but absolutely nothing beats the dogshit cringe known as season five.

So you were not a fan of subverting expectations?

watched a few eps and I can only remmeber the rape scene

for something to truly be kino, it has to stay true to classical elements. and if it steps beyond classical elements, then the "new" stylistic parts should at least be paired with a great story. the problem i had with Bates Motel is that it became more like a monotonous procedural rather than suspense/thriller. i think they could have gone the Mad Men route, and made this more about "random happenings in a weird small town" within a time period that all slowly converge on Norman becoming the murderous psycho. maybe have one or two serial killers loose in the city. the serial killer(s) befriend Norman and teach him bad ideas. that probably happened in the recent cable tv series, i don't remember. i stopped watching after 2015, not sure what season that was. definitely did not make it to the finale.

the classical element i am referring to here is the "mentor"...some evil killer who pretends to be Norman's friend, acts like a father figure to him, guides him, slowly filling him with murderous thoughts and behaviors. then various townspeople and cops try to take down this mentor serial killer, and that permanently makes Norman hate everyone, especially women.

>There's a bit of sexual tension
Post it

Oh you!
youtube.com/watch?v=5S4Ss5bK-ws

I can't find the exact link but there's a scene where norman actually says he's afraid he might be sexually attracted to his mom, and she says "we're only human, don't let it put you down too much" or something

youtube.com/watch?v=3TFF642O6r8&list=PLN5sfBOjXmYhcEcVySxBDVIaVNA5kpRtG

>maybe have one or two serial killers loose in the city. the serial killer(s) befriend Norman and teach him bad idea

There being a serial killer in the town isn't a bad idea, per se, but having that person to specifically mentor Norman is stupid. It'd be better if it's someone Norman vaguely knew, because it is a small town after all, and when that person gets caught, Norman is influenced subconsciously by the information related to the crimes (like maybe his step-dad Sheriff had the case files and he reads them) and his Mother persona later uses those lessons, like knowing better how to dumping the cars, clean crime scenes, etc. to their advantage.

I do like the idea of doing more with the town. The weed business and the Sheriff being part of the cover up was kinda that, but it was pretty one-note. It could have used more expanding.

I want to see Max Thieriot buttfucking Freddie Highmore.

Attached: 1437018164063.webm (700x392, 1.13M)