So where's the hype?

So where's the hype?

Attached: Star-Wars-9-Rise-of-Skywalker.jpg (1300x650, 502K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A
uproxx.com/hitfix/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-first-order/
youtube.com/watch?v=nrH5Eu6WjnY
youtube.com/watch?v=no4SxdIIDBE
youtube.com/watch?v=-He5_RtDE1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I stopped caring once I saw TLJ. didn’t like FW but didn’t hate it either so having knowing that most of the trilogy is below a 5/10 I’m not wasting my time

I liked episode 7, and was looking forward to ep8 and ep9 filling in some of that setup, and getting a really great trilogy.

Instead, I wanted to walk out midway through ep8, it was unbelievable. I've been a Star Wars fan my entire life, and it's a cultural phenomenon that has endured across generations, but Disney managed to effectively kill it in one go, by not giving a shit.

ep9 will make money, but disappoint, like Solo. The franchise will linger on for a while, but make no mistake, it has already given the death rattle. Retards here will shit on it, because that's what you do, but Star Wars has a legitimate claim to being the most popular piece of pop culture entertainment ever produced. How you fumble that, I'll never know.

There is none

It's dead. I actually loved Rogue One and Solo, I thought both were comfy. But after the shitshow known as TLJ, I just can't. TFA was an alright popcorn flick, far more passable than 8, but fuck me, I dunno how JJ can at all fix it.

Kylo fans are excited. This is his trilogy afterall!

Attached: 1547942118540.jpg (768x768, 88K)

>I actually loved Rogue One and Solo, I thought both were comfy.

Let me guess, you're an autistic fanboy who clapped when they dropped inane trivia references and thought it was BADASS when Vader killed people with his lightsaber, right?

rey jumping the tie fighter was a fairly clear announcement that they're taking the franchise into hyperdumbshit territory. they can't make it any clearer that they want kids and only kids in the theater.

>Rogue one
Remember when they said it was gonna be saving private ryan in space? Yeah...you got bamboozled kid. It's an edited mess of a movie. Stop falling for inferior trash.

i liked the chinks with the gay subtext.

I'm a fanboy sure, but the trivia stuff is lesser to me and when it's too in your face, I do tend to just eyeroll. But at the same time I will acknowledge that yeah, a lot of the love of them comes from the fact they are Star Wars, and if they weren't, then they would be mediocre garbage.

I enjoyed Rogue One so much, less because of the Vader massacre but more because of the whole battle of Scarif. I enjoyed seeing such a big scale spectacle, made my PP hard.

Solo is a bit different. I adore heist movies, and westerns. So I liked the gritty aesthetic of the film. Also loved Donald Glover's Lando.

RIGHT HERE FAGEEEEET

Personally, I'm glad all you broke ass hating ignorant tards don't realize the hype and gravity of the series.

It's what has made sci-fi legacy so great this entire time.

Popular shit is boring.

Don’t you have some more RLM videos to watch tonight before your bedtime, champ?

they're making star wars 7?

star wars is dead after tlj

i unironically enjoyed rogue one because it reminded me of playing with action figures as a kid

It'll probably make hobbit 3 money

Attached: reylo star wars angela sham guzusuru tumblr fan art animation.webm (1024x512, 424K)

Is he Snoke?

Attached: Valkorion.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

No, thank god, game was awful, and writing was worse.

How was TLJ that bad?

>no porgs
>no hype

Attached: [2018.06.16] Porgs Preview.mp4_20180618_093118.545.png (1280x720, 1.12M)

did you not see it?

you have my envy

>thinking this isn't kino
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A

But user, is he?

Attached: 1555194429443.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

Attached: 36DDD3D3-7892-4DDD-ADA3-266D05548F1D.jpg (913x3123, 390K)

it died back with TLJ. the film was that bad. I went in expecting a fun space adventure and Johnson subverted my expectations by delivering a hot turd on my face.

Kek.

Kek I remember all the pre-TLJ hype and how dozens of fucking articles were being written about the porgs and theories as to what they’ll do in the movie, what a bunch of stupid bullshit

Remember that feeling of self hatred you had somewhat subsiding when Luke suddenly shows up on Hoth 2.0 for a bittersweet showdown with the First Order to buy time for the rebel’s to escape but then it’s revealed that he was just a force projection and then he just fucking dies causing your disgust with yourself for having not left to double down?

I didn't think TLJ was too bad when I left the cinema (I've never watched it again, so I think that's quite telling). But I hated TFA. So the fact that JJ was already announced for this means I have zero interest in this at all.

And due to TLJ's reception, you can almost guarantee that the new film will be the most safe bland rehash of RoTJ that only JJ can do

Come on man, the Vader scene in Rogue One was dope.

Perfectly put, and yeah, like it was yesterday. It was a final glimmer of hope, but they pissed it out too. The movie was just wall to wall awful from the first scene.

They got all the troopers right in rogue & solo.

Attached: Rey vs TIE.webm (640x334, 760K)

>I liked episode 7
Eew

I truly cannot believe this is real at times.

What's the difference between Snoke and Sith?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (500x493, 49K)

I hate whites.

Attached: Gatalenta-btfo.jpg (1008x5654, 556K)

Mahdeeek

Attached: 1559246345141.png (591x803, 140K)

It died with TFA and was buried after TLJ.

d

Attached: reyisfat1.jpg (884x2214, 260K)

>literally planet Tumblr

Its time for Disney to end.

Attached: I only know one truth.jpg (799x700, 164K)

big dicks

Attached: disney-ruined-starwars.jpg (918x6390, 605K)

What's with tha comment on slavery? Wasn't slavery illegal in the Republic & only practiced in Hutt space or other non-Republic areas? How's that worth a mention for the wikia?

still better than this trilogy

Attached: swtor__lana_beniko_by_ehtiona-dauiz2v (1).jpg (1280x1768, 239K)

Hype will build closer to release. I mean fuck, there's "Force Friday" planned for October 4th where they'll release all the new toys. That's the major "hype" push.

You have to show just how great and progressive the planet is.

somebody needs to make a video version of this

Attached: laugh 1556999298425.png (378x357, 81K)

more please!

Attached: laugh 1553138727373.jpg (323x218, 22K)

The rest of the movie was crap though. If I ever watch it again i'll just skip to the end with the space battle and the vader scene cause the rest of the movie is trash.

kek

why did she rebel against the homeworld culture again?

Attached: ddd.png (912x574, 182K)

Didn't some fat bulldyke literally write herself into the story?

Does it imply the other systems didn't enforce their laws or something? Sounds like it undermines others.

this would not surprise me

This character was written so well that my friend honestly thought that she is villain and enemy spy.

How can there be hype? Rey is literally all-powerful, Kylo will be redeemed, and all will be well. Yawn fest 2019.

how
Solo 20 mins was so much worse than TLJ, I had to stop watching

t. guy who has never watched even 5 minutes of Solo

Really, Solo is THE best nu-Wars.

probably stopped with TLJ. Germanfag here so Europe might not be as representative as the US but literally every SW fan I know doesn't give a fuck anymore
>TFA comes out
>I don't like it due to subjective reasons
>everyone I know likes it
>TLJ comes out
>I outright hate it
>friend next to me (who outright defended TFA) turns to me slowly and says "I actually didn't like this one at all..."
>every other "fan" of the former EU outright hates TLJ or didn't bother to watch it
This is actually pretty interesting to witness because it's the one time where fans actually turn on a franchise and company because the quality is so bad

>This is actually pretty interesting to witness because it's the one time where fans actually turn on a franchise and company because the quality is so bad
Checked and it's literally a good thing that we've abandoned Star Wars.

Attached: 5cy1Rza.jpg (1176x1210, 341K)

>TFA-much promise yet flawed
>Rogue One pretty shitty
>TLJ-nuclear diarrhea
>Solo-kino

That's how I feel and with IX I will see it ironically, but I know it's going to be only slightly better than TLJ. IX is going to be the funeral for Star Wars; we already know it's dead, now we're saying goodbye. Hearing that Rian Johnson is doing more SW movies is like hearing someone dug up your favorite pet and put its remains into an experimental film for youtube.

>astrology
>in Star Wars

Man, it's zombie dead, it's a mockery.

amerimutt reporting in....based on what i've seen and heard it looks like only diehard leftists still love star wars, but mainly as a "look at me i'm such a cool pop culture nerd XD" way of virtue-signalling. i liked star wars growing up, even though the PT were sort of shitty, but have not spent a single penny on any nuwars. tried watching rogue one when my sister gave me her netflix pw but it was so boring i couldn't watch beyond 15 minutes, and i hear rogue one is the best of nuwars so far, aside from some random anons saying solo is pretty good. i just don't like the overall story, look/feel of solo.

identity politics has ruined movies, but the shitlibs blame "the incel right winger white supremacists" for boycotting and "review bombing". but really the issue is that they just aren't making good movies anymore.

Wtf did i just watch. Is he mental challenged? Also is that the new trailer hr is watching?

>identity politics has ruined movies, but the shitlibs blame "the incel right winger white supremacists" for boycotting and "review bombing". but really the issue is that they just aren't making good movies anymore.
It's ok, everything in society is getting ruined, so fuck new movies. Fuck everything really. Near-Hermit master race.

are we going to learn about rey's parents?

>are we going to learn about rey's parents?
Yes and it's going to shit on TESB and RotJ.

erudite.
poetry.

Attached: antimale-starwars.jpg (1290x1091, 633K)

The audience finally realized all the Disney Wars movies are shit. See Solo's box office numbers.

If you possess over 200 ng/dl of Testosterone in your veins, you are probably galaxies far far away from anybody who cares about Star Wars Ep 9

Attached: 0908786754.png (125x115, 27K)

I'm gonna sound like a shill, and that's maybe because I am. But stick with Rogue One. The first two thirds a mess, but once you get to the final battle, it's actually worth sticking around for.

It was out of character.

new movies also suck now because they are no longer made by "starving artist" type men who are passionate about the craft. instead they are made by fat, entitled, overly paid fags, jews, diversity hires, women, who don't care about the craft and just want to bitch about whatever flavor-of-the-month political issue that they heard about from cnn.

many Yea Forumsanons would say that only denis villanue and refn stay true to the craft of making good movies. i don't know. i agree, everything is going to shit. take the lindypill. avoid new stuff and movies in general. i get much more entertainment from looking at natural scenery. its also more relaxing than watching some nervous protag try to get the mcguffin doomsday device before the evil villain gets it, or watching some capeshit about a rag-tag team of women and black men fight the evil nazi villain.

Attached: Feige Fresco.jpg (1000x1216, 272K)

one last thing, there's a huge difference between the skinny "starving artist" version of george lucas, who was passionately making the OT, versus the fat, satisfied-but-still-greedy corporatized george lucas who made Ep1 and Ep2....then he realized he fucked up big time so that's why Ep3 was better.

there's also many decent HK and korean directors who make kino but they rarely get a chance to direct hollywood shit. i can only think of 2 chinks who direct hollywood moobies but don't recall their names. that james wan guy is one of them. the other one directed tokyo drift...there's something to be said about how asians handle action films, i think they do a good job. but john woo completely fucked up when he was given mission impossible. another example of the decline of craftsmanship after someone already gets rich and famous. no one really cares about john woo anymore.

dead franchise, people don't even care about that new assassin's creed knockoff that they're working on

what hype? only things this movie has going for it is the sheev cameo which I sense will be shit and prob ruin old canon and what they do with kyalo

Attached: Kao Cen Darach and Satele Shan vs Lord Vindican and Malgus.webm (1000x562, 2.96M)

>kylo casually killing the woman he loves

lol delusional

Attached: D3_n2a0UcAAPCrK.jpg (724x1023, 105K)

But literally from the first scene. Fucking mom joke. What the fuck I can't believe it still

>vs
he us training her
Im not going to take MR.flaming pants's word for it

Because slavery was illegal

>MFW the mutiny happened I thought I guessed right that she was an enemy spy
All points pointed to it. Pity that the Republic has worse generals than courrpt Chinese warlords.

You fumble it by handing it over to a politically motivated retard who jams it full of fad politics without even being able to create a coherent story.

You're such a dumbass. Everything they did - they did on purpose. Pull your head out of your ass and take a look around at the modern world. It's not 1995 anymore, shitstain.

With the power of the internet and enough soilet zombies around America and Europe, Disney can manufacture hype at the last minute. The power to control advertising is huge in this day and age.

uproxx.com/hitfix/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-first-order/

>For The Life Of Us We Can’t Figure Out What The First Order Wants In These New ‘Star Wars’ Movies
>By Mike Ryan
>06.21.19

>A week ago I wrote a piece lamenting that, now, after two chapters in this Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, I still didn’t 100 percent know what the First Order and Resistance actually are. And, again, I understand what they are in a macro sense, but the minutia of both organizations are a bit … blurry. (And honestly, I expected to be inundated on social media with an endless barrage of, “Um, obviously it’s this,” but surprisingly most responses were more, “Yeah, we don’t really get it either.”) Anyway, I’ve thought more about this.

>So, of the two, the Resistance is a little easier to understand. Its best explanation for existence is something along the lines of, “It’s there to fight the First Order.” This is both a simple explanation but gets more complicated when we consider it only exists because of the First Order. And that’s a problem because it’s the First Order that doesn’t make a lot of sense. Or, at least, after two chapters, I have no idea what they want.

>The Prequel Trilogy isn’t executed well, but its overall story is pretty interesting. Palpatine knows he can’t just fight the entire Republic and win, so instead he infiltrates the Republic as a senator, then becomes chancellor, then he guts the whole thing from the inside out, transforming it into the Galactic Empire. Instead of fighting “the government,” Palpatine collected enough power along the way to just become “the government.” Palpatine’s goal was pretty clear: he wanted to be in charge of the government and he succeeded.

>Now, contrast this with the First Order. What exactly do they want? If you go back and watch The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi (to be clear, two movies I still like very much for different reasons) the First Order doesn’t really ever reveal its ultimate goal. Do they want to run the galaxy? Well, I think we all assume they do, but they never really say that and it’s not really clear if they even have the infrastructure to even pull that off. How big is the First Order? How much territory do they control, if any? No one really knows. At least with the Empire we knew it was enormous because it was literally the government of the galaxy. Remember, the First Order isn’t trying to wrestle control of the Republic from the inside like Palpatine did. They are attacking from the outside.

>Let’s put it this way: In The Force Awakens the First Order uses Starkiller Base to destroy the home of the Republic, Hosnian Prime. In real life, this would be like a foreign power destroying Washington D.C. – if this happened the United States would still exist as there are still multiple layers of federal and local government still in place. A way to win against the United States is to dismantle it from the inside (which very well may be happening in real life; the good news is Donald Trump is not as smart or clever as Palpatine), not take it head on. So we can assume once Hosnian Prime is destroyed, this is what happened to the rest of the galaxy. It’s not like the people of Naboo are all of a sudden going to decide, “Well, I guess we report to the First Order now.” So for the First Order to win this way, they’d have to fight each system one by one. As opposed to Palpatine who just took over the already established governmental hierarchies.

TLJ unironically killed any hype for this series. Was worse than the worst of the Prequels.

If JJ can save this, then he is a genius and a miracle-worker, otherwise my hopes aren't high. I mean, sure I'll watch it cause it's Star Wars, but it's just gonna be another "neat wrap-up" of Rey's story where everyone wins, and that'll be the end of that.

Maybe the sequel-sequel trilogy (Episodes X, XI, and XII) will be good. But they'd have to hit the reset button and have a completely different story than an OT rehash or "le subvert your expectations with shitty storyline" content. Personally I think they should have a 1000 year time skip between Episode IX and X.

>When we look for clues in the leadership of the First Order, it’s as if they all want different things. First of all, we still don’t even know who Snoke really is (R.I.P), let alone what he wants. When Snoke speaks, most of his concerns seem to revolve around the return of the Jedi. He’s obsessed with finding Luke Skywalker so Skywalker can’t return and train new Jedi – something we learn later Skywalker isn’t even interested in doing. (Poor Snoke, his main goal in life was trying to prevent something that was never going to happen. The more I think about Snoke the more I just feel bad for him.) And Kylo Ren, at least in The Force Awakens, seems most interested in impressing his dead grandfather.

>The only member of First Order leadership who at all seems to have any type of military goal is Hux. Reviewing Hux’s dialogue, he really dislikes the Resistance – but almost too much. In that his main goal seems to be to just rid the galaxy of the Resistance. In a meeting with Snoke and Kylo Ren, he persuades Snoke to authorize the destruction of Hosnian Prime because, “without [the Republic] to protect them, the Resistance will be vulnerable.” So, to take Hux at his word, he wants to destroy the Republic only because it will make the Resistance weaker. What if The First Order defeats the Resistance? What then? What do they actually want?!

The only man that can save this movie

Attached: maxresdefault (62).jpg (1280x720, 70K)

>Later, before Starkiller Base fires its weapon, Hux gives a speech. Granted, with the over-the-top manner in which Domhnall Gleeson delivers this speech, it’s kind of hard to pay attention to what Hux is actually saying. But the gist is he’s mad at the Republic because they lie about secretly supporting the Resistance. It’s very weird. No one in the First Order seems to have that big of a problem with the Republic other than the existence of the Resistance – a group that it’s unclear if it has any real ties to the Republic or not. At the end, Hux claims, “systems will bow to the First Order.” But this sounds less like a goal and more like an end result. And end result of what? I’m not sure.

>So, going from the movies alone (look, I get there is a lot of supplemental material, much of it I’ve read, but movies shouldn’t need a guide book to understand basic plot points) here’s what I’ve determined is the goal of the Resistance and the First Order. The Resistance’s goal is to defeat the First Order. The First Order’s goal is to rid the galaxy of the Resistance and to do that, they had to try and destroy the Republic. These are weird goals. It’s as if the galaxy is just running as normal and there are just these two little factions, off on the side, battling it out for unknown reasons.

>Again, based on what we know, I’m not convinced the First Order even wants to run the galaxy. I’m leaning heavily toward the fact they do not. It’s almost like they just want to be respected and the Resistance is making that more difficult.

>When The Rise of Skywalker hits theaters in December, Kylo Ren will be in charge of the First Order. Who knows, maybe he will have an actual goal. In The Last Jedi when he asks Rey to join him, he says they together can bring a “new order” to the galaxy, whatever that means. The good news is he’s had a couple of years now to figure it all out.

it won't be a neat wrap-up, her story will be continued. she is technically a skywalker somehow, as revealed by sheev saying he created her the same way he created anakin...its called rise of skywalker because she and kylo have a baby or something, and she either dies or becomes the matriarch of the new jedi. it will be the opposite of neat. tired, cumbersome, confusing, lots of hand-waving.

the fact that you'll "watch it cause it's star wars" means you are part of the problem. you should watch it if it looks good or not, based on the trailer and the previous movies. but hey, it's your life. pay the mouse if you wish.

Attached: tom hardy venom gif.gif (540x225, 2.84M)

The problem is, TFA had issues to begin with, and they became even more obvious to people if they tried to watch TFA and TLJ together.

It's almost like shitting all over your fans for a year is not a very good idea.

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Strike_Witches_Operation_Victory_Arrow_03_(1280x720_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[DD6E3C0D].mkv_snapsho (1280x720, 1.72M)

America should be nuked

RIP star wars and fuck Disney for killing my childhood hero due to your hatred for a male audience. Fuck!

Attached: 1561183831960.jpg (640x480, 29K)

>sheev saying he created her the same way he created anakin.

where does he say it?

>the fact that you'll "watch it cause it's star wars" means you are part of the problem

Fuck you I'll watch what I want when I want for whatever reasons I want. It's not my fault you're too poor/don't have friends to go watch it with

based

youtube.com/watch?v=nrH5Eu6WjnY

Rian Johnson uninvolved, not interested. Johnsons take was the only breath of fresh air in this saga.

Then two continents become more like America, with everyone being the new Americans. Dumb plan there, brainlet.

>It's not 1995 anymore
Yeah, it's the CURRENT YEAR!!!

Attached: 558.jpg (700x734, 107K)

That faggot had to mention Trump, its too stupid to realize that leftists are the enemies trying to ruin this nation. It needs to be made legal to be allowed to hunt down and execute (((journalists))).

>Maybe the sequel-sequel trilogy (Episodes X, XI, and XII) will be good. But they'd have to hit the reset button and have a completely different story than an OT rehash or "le subvert your expectations with shitty storyline" content. Personally I think they should have a 1000 year time skip between Episode IX and X.
Unlikely. They've made it pretty clear that they have no ideas of their own. They just had a laundry list of shit to include so the audiences will go "I understand that reference!" and hire talent based on their resume, rather than fresh ideas they might introduce into the franchise.

Yeah I never understood the factions at play.
>The Republic
>The Resitence
>The First Order

So The Republic comes into being after the events of RotJ. The First Order is made from the scraps of The Empire. The Resistence is set up to combat The First Order and to preassure The Republic into fighting The First Order. So The Republic doesn't see The First Order as a threat?

That makes me feel like The First Order are more of a scrapy militia than a real danger. Yet the way they're portrayed it seems like they're just as well funded as The Empire at its height. Better even, The First Order has the capabilities to make a weapon the size of a planet that can destroy entire solar systems.

The Republic is destroyed in a thirty second sequence leaving us with The Resistence and The First Order. Two sides that I feel by all means should be totally incapable of fighting a war. I can reasonably assume The Empire could carry out a war effort, they were the government. How are The First Order doing so well? The Resistence gets a slight pass, I can assume based on their portrayal that they get by on what they can, old x-wings, dirty uniforms, etc. The First Order have the exact same appearance as The Empire at its peak yet with none of the context.

A few minutes after the destruction of Starkiller Base they're already assulting Resistence HQ. Clearly Starkiller base didn't even mean that much to them. In fact it's destruction isn't even mentioned in TLJ. The First Order go on to lose 'a fleet killer' ship. How did they get such a thing? How is their war effort being sustained? The First Order aren't even phased by its loss. The destruction of their entire fleet by Holdo's suicide charge is followed by a landing invasion on a dug in enemy.

Attached: question mark pepe.jpg (1533x961, 131K)

The First Order is at war with the First Republic, however they each control different areas of space and planets. The Resistance is the like a militia that fights the First Order in areas that are occupied by the First Order.

Think of it like, if First Order is South Vietnam and The Republic is North Vietnam, then the Resistance is Viet Cong.

I think this is significant because the kind of audience that would be blindly defending TLJ is starting to question it.

But that makes no sense in the context of the films. The First Order seemed like a rising faction and The Republic is the complacent government.

Don't know, don't care.
New movies are shit anyway.
I'm watching Rebels right now and I enjoy the ride just because of this little fucker.

Attached: 1544490312049.jpg (768x431, 46K)

Not from me that’s for sure.
I ain’t giving these fucks any money after they ruined Luke Skywalker
>But user! Luke is going to be in the movie!
As a force ghost for five minutes to shill Rey. Putting Skywalker in the title to trick people that Disney cares about the character and his bloodtree is pathetic. Normies will eat it up but not me.

if this series wasn't retarded it may have had some backstory of something as simple as "fuck this intergalactic war shit is gay, these two factions sort have have a korean war type stalemate"
-both sides say are doing some shady shit, lets pretend its over human rights or resources or whatever geopolitcal stuff we want to draw parallels to.
-the resistance doesn't trust the first order, so they start to do shit like sabotage (and actually have a scene like this in the fucking films) that are officially denounced by the republic, but they support them
-whole thing then turns into a proxy war
-First order takes it too far and nukes like 4-5 planets or something

This is sort of alluded two with the scene where the smuggler type guy shows weapons manufacturers selling to both sides.

They could have just cut out the entire stupid ass space gas and space casino planet scenes and show more of the backstory, and could have built on more ternary characters, instead of like 4 terribly written B plots.

What’s there to be hype for? To see Rey easily defeat Kylo again? To see Finn make a joke and act goofy? To see Carrie Fisher’s deleted TFA scene on screen because Kathleen Kennedy is gay for her? To see Mark Hammil show up for a paycheck for a minute and leave? To see forced quips that ruin the tone and mood of scenes? To see the entire First Order easily defeated? To see cringy attempts at Nostalgia baiting as Disney tears Star Wars apart?

And since JJ is back you can bet the pacing is going to be fast and incoherent.

Kylo is going to die, thus ending the Skywalker bloodline like Kathleen always wanted.

>What’s there to be hype for?
The shitposting desu

>they can't make it any clearer that they want little girls and only little girls in the theater.
Fixed. Boys care more about Black Panther and Aquaman than Rey and Rose.

Have sex.

You can't make me.

>
You're absolutely right user. It's such a weird geopolitical stage. But as an autist who reads the novels and lore, there's a few extra things which help explain shit.

A lot of rich, former Empire/Empire loyalists ended up in the Republic and its government, and they ended up bankrolling a lot of the First Order's stuff through graft and corruption. They also cuck the Republic's military, although it'd totally make more sense to Sheev 2.0 shit.

The big industrial companies which supplied the Empire, now design tech for the First Order, which sort of explains the similarities, ala the fleet killer pizza.

That being said, none of this makes up for the fact the First Order easily lost like 200k+ manpower in TLJ in exchange for like 2'000 Resistance? It's all so dumb.

does anyone have the image of the couple that were paid to shill porgs and the woman is like twice the size of the man? haha

>fans actually turn on a franchise and company because the quality is so bad
And the point here is that the company is not the creator of the original product anymore, so this is not a case like games or comics companies.

They just bought the franchise and tried to write new chapters on the bible. They lost the capability of selling their Star Wars stuff as "actual Star Wars stuff".

Snoke didn't have a lightsaber.

What a poor cunt.

>So where's the hype?
Why are you expecting to find it on this site? It's full of incels who didn't appreciate TLJ. It has a 91% rating on RT, that's where the hype is.

So why are you here?

To tell you all that you are incels and feel superior.

Well, do you feel superior now? Why if yes?

I wasn’t a massive fan of the first one, but I was interested to see what the “twist” was with Kylo so I saw 8
Now I just don’t care, I’m not even aware of it’s release date or if there is trailers yet or anything

Its incredible that one man killed a 4 billion dollar franchise with a single film.

Attached: rian.jpg (300x168, 4K)

Not him, but I didn’t mind episode 7. That was until I saw TLJ and realized how shit it really was. Not only did I hate TLJ, but it made me hate force awakens.

The Republic and The First Order are at war with each other. We don't see much of the Republic, except when a bunch of their planets get attacked by Starkiller Base.

We can assume for the sake of the story that The Republic didn't invest much in military, so The First Order is militarily much more powerful, and most of the fighting against them is done by the Resistance.

>So where's the hype?
It was subverted.

Kill yourself reylo nigger

no one gives a fuck about the toys you fucking faggot

Kill yourself reylo nigger

>I didn’t mind episode 7
You deserve cancer

I can assume you love sucking mouse cock you dumb fuck.

>strike witches

Attached: 1536948730799.jpg (680x383, 34K)

RO was too long and had too many characters. It would have made a kino short film or it could have integrated well (specially the final battle) with another story, but by itself it was rather dissapointing

Fucking brits and mutts, anywhere else you will find difficult to find such cuck behavior

>They're actually going to rename the Jedi to the Skywalkers
>And people will be fine with it

>FW

Force 'Wakens?

phantom menace was a bad movie but if you watch the trailer for it it looks amazing. complete bathos moment to watch that then load up the teaser with rey literally jumping the shark. Might as well be the teaser for one of those fast and furious movies that have the sci fi in them now

Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2020 4-day tickets ($200) sold out in under one hour. Then Saturday-only tickets sold out. Friday-only tickets are 85%+ sold out.

It's not kylo at the wheel though. It's poe. It's a decontextualized training sequence. You can see poe wearing those same black gloves in the trailer too.

>in high school, they make you read books, and everything has meaning, right? the wilting rose is a metaphor for end of the roaring 20s. the teacup symbolizes the characters inability to deal with loss ---'are you sure? that doesn't make sense' ---"oh no it most certainly is, everything in literature has meaning, metaphor it's all there."..
>then at film school i learned the same is true for film.. so-and-so's face is backlit because the director wanted to show that capitalism leads to darkness... every lighting decision and position of the object or whatever, film is the highest form of art, yada yada..... nothing is a mistake, the door left open, the color of the wallpaper, the glance away, the choice of lens--everything is deliberate

Attached: misenscene.gif (360x150, 1.14M)

god i wish i was there to fuck her death star charred corpse

Nah I'm not a poorfag, I don't mind watching movies and spending money to go out with friends and experience them and have a good time. Maybe you lack friends or lack money, either way you're a loser and irrelevant to society. Normal people go and watch these movies to have fun, whether they are good or not. The studios make billions whether you throw a hissy fit or not. """'People""""" like yourself don't factor into the equation.

>I liked episode 7, and was looking forward to ep8 and ep9 filling in some of that setup, and getting a really great trilogy.
If you liked Episode 7 then you only have yourself to blame.

Attached: 1465386497739.jpg (313x286, 17K)

There is no hype because everyone knowsIX is dead on arrival.

>Drip-fed leaks will not save IX
>JJ will not save IX
>Reylo will not save IX
>A new mystery box Macguffin will not save IX
>The Knights of Ren will not save IX
>Retconning TLJ will not save IX
>Callbacks to the prequels will not save IX
>Lando will not save IX
>Practical effects will not save IX
>Rumored George Lucas involvement will not save IX
>Palpatine will not save IX
>Poe and Finn buddy adventure will not save IX
>Woke planet of blacks will not save IX
>Force Ghost Luke will not save IX

this

Gone.

Dead, and gone.

Cringe

This is a mental illness

Star Wars was dead to me the moment the credits rolled on the phantom menace.
Lucas killed it well before Disney got a hold of it.

No it's overtly stated that the Republic never saw any point in investing in their military despite the fact that there is a MASSIVE AND OVERTLY FUCKING HOSTILE POWER BUILDING THEIR STRENGTH IN THE UNKNOWN REGIONS OF THE GALAXY

Every single thing we have been told about the post-Empire Republic tells me that they're so fucking worthless and incompetent they deserved to be destroyed and the galaxy will be better off being led by the First Order.

>never saw any point investing
it thought it was worse than that i thought it was that they thought "armies are bad" because war men bad war machines bad
bad men war toys no

I'm 32 and been a huge fan since I was a kid. Read a bunch of books, played the games...role played it online in the 90s.

But after TLJ it's finally dead to me.

part of the reasoning was that having a large army meant that someone could take control of the republic, despite the fact that not having a large army means they get their rectums stretched by Snoke's massive chad cock and someone takes control of the republic.

Reading between the lines, yes, it seems they built up the Republic to be a pussified, feminised utopia where feels beat logic, and ironically their fantasy turned out exactly as it would in real life - total failure and collapse.

i know you wrote this out but it's pasta tier and it implies you thought tfa was good which means you're a bobblehead buying faggot at heart and there's another site that might suit you better

It doesn't imply that I thought TFA was good you blithering retard.

this is pasta btw

>there are people shitposting on this website
>on this board
>in this THREAD
>that haven't watched the trailer

I was a big SW fan, reading the books and comics, playing the vidya and such. But watching TLJ it felt like my interest was slowly dying and by the end of it I was actively resenting the franchise as a whole. First time I felt embarrassed for watching a movie. Haven't bought a SW product since, I won't be caught dead buying nu-wars shit. Didn't watch Solo, won't watch IX either. After seeing that DROID RIGHTS leak online I knew I made the right decision.

so why wasn't it dead to you after tfa

Wanted to give them a chance to not copy ANH poorly and see if Rian Johnson actually turned out to be the savior, instead he was the antichrist and tried to take us all out.

But you clearly loved TFA and TLJ so I won't even read your posts anymore.

My dick is Snoke

Ausfag here and its the kinda the same for me
>TFA comes out and people on the whole enjoy it give it a 7/10
>See a lot of star wars merch and people getting excited
>TLJ comes out and half the people in the cinema hated it and dead silence when everyone leaves
>More and more people hate it
>See less and less merch and no real drive for people to buy it on bluray
>My dad watches it and has the saddest 2 ciggies i have ever seen a human being have
>Dad and I do not buy TLJ
>Only the new "fans" enjoy it and those who exist only to consume

TLJ killed peoples enthusiasm for star wars which I would think is not possible.

>hype
They're obviously banking on kids at this point. They want to grow a new generation of fans to buy their new merch and if the old fans don't want to partake then it's acceptable loses at this point.

What you guys don't get is that the series was all but ruined with Episode 7. TFA establishes that almost nothing has changed since ANH even though ROTJ ended with the Empire defeated and the promise that Luke would bring about the return of the Jedi. In TFA, we get ANOTHER Rebels vs Empire setup with the Jedi being extinct, AGAIN.

TFA being a reset undoes the first trilogy and it now has no actual point. The happy ending is destroyed and instead the beautiful cycle of fall and redemption becomes a mindless circle of death and destruction.

I don't see how anyone could believe TFA wasn't simply a death sentence to the franchise.

Attached: 1507847566879.jpg (953x953, 271K)

I think its a little like the aftermath of the collapse of the Roman Empire. Lits of small kingdoms come into being, some tiny, some powerful, and some battling for dominance.
A bunch of them banded together for mutual protection and trading, etc. Think the state system of the US. This is the Republic.
Another powerful bunch banded together using the remains of the Empire in terms of fuel crystals, armaments, all that shit, and wants to take over the whole thing, Republic and all, to make a new Empire. This is the First Order.
The Rebels are the people of the First Order kingdoms that don’t want to be part of the First Order, but want to be free. The Republic is funding them because it doesn’t want this aggressive neighbour, and is in essence fighting a proxy war.
My two-pennorth

it's almost like there was no point in making a star wars sequel

Abrams fundamentally ruined the sequel trilogy by rehashing the OT. That's why it seems like all of the old characters got shit on. It completely undid everything they accomplished.

If you think there is no hype leading up to episode 9 just wait until after it comes out assuming if they are going to make more movies after 9
Specifically when they run out of human OT characters to reuse
I mean like does anyone really think in the near future people are going to be super nostalgic for the sequel trilogy or the spinoff movies to the same extent people right now are like for the OT or will even care about them?
What I’m saying is unless Disney and Lucasfilm step up their game and start making better films Star Wars is going stop being the cultural and box office juggernaut it used to be when the nostalgia well starts to dry up

rude and unnecessary

Nope, its not possible to kill Valkorion, but in this case he outright states that he wanted to live a life of simple people and experience everything, a farmer, a mother, a smuggler. Valorion already was the Sith Emperor and another God-King type. He wouldn't resume that role, hes evolved past rigid ideology and power struggles. He is only interested in experiencing life itself from multiple angles.

can you blame them? the previous film were shit

but but that means rey isn't a secret skywalker oh no no no ha ha ha ha ha

kill yourself finnfag, go suck boyega's dick on jedi council forum where he moonlights as a mod godisawesome

Who do they even have left after Lando to dredge up?? Is he all that's been untapped? Even then I have to keep reminding myself he's even in Episode IX

there are anons on this board that are nostalgic for the prequels. everything can happen.
maybe ep. x xi xii will be even worse than tlj and people will look back at it as an interesting and artistic addiction to the franchise.

Rian didn't ruin it. He did a shitload of damage but he didn't do it all himself. He only had something ridiculous like 6-9 months to write a script for TLJ all the while not knowing what the story of TFA was. He only got snippets here and there from JJ Abrams because JJ also just winged the development of the story as well. Kennedy is the reason the stories are so discordant and shitty, the timeframe for both JJ Abrams and Johnson to write the scripts was fucking insanely small and with no overarching theme for the entire trilogy.

They dug up even the emperor's corpse for this one. The sky is the limit really.
Darth maul? Jabba? Jarjar?

The hype died after TLJ rolled credits.

Something isn't right, isn't Claudia Gray the one who condemned the "TLJ haters are sexist"-survey?

Maul's already back from the Dead, he appears in Solo, so check that one off your list already

>Disney bought Marvel and Lucasfilm specifically because they had the girl market on lockdown with the princess shit, but didn't have anything for boys
>Immediately turn that shit into GRRL POWER too

Attached: 1558853170227.gif (240x240, 1.63M)

Why do Americans do this?

Attached: BD89021D-7C26-4848-9F51-48FC201DFD28.jpg (694x618, 249K)

>I liked episode 7
Stopped reading there

>Is he mental challenged?
Worse, he's American

Was it really all his fault?

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1424x1874, 234K)

The franchise is dead to me. I'll stream it just to savour my annoyance, just like GoT season 8.

Fucking hell I was joking. Jesus Christ. Good thing I skipped that one I guess

Who even knows what they were planning to do with that in the sequel that is basically cancelled now.

There's even recent talk of them bringing back Sam Jackson to reprise Mace Windu

Absolutely not. JJ created the dreadful TFA before him. Lucas became a hack himself and ruined the series back in 1999 anyway.

I'm hyped for the shitstorm following its release.
I expect it to be a worse movie than TLJ, so I would be disappointed if it's only TFA tier awful.

Not him but I hated TFA and I still went to see TLJ solely because I wanted to see Luke. And then they did THAT to him.

Wouldn't it be easier for Kylo if he just got a new helmet that looked the same instead of piecing his old one back together?

>Mace Windu
More like Mace Dindu

Fuck the fans. They deserve all the shitting they get.

THIS

Maul appears in both TV shows. He actually has a somewhat decent storyline and death sequence. youtube.com/watch?v=no4SxdIIDBE

No wonder he had such a small part.

ep8 didn't create any reasons for people watch ep9

After the main actors are gone, the trademark recognizable costumes that still have appeal will be kept

vader, chewie, droids etc

Attached: 1561385477552.png (650x706, 15K)

>Lando is wearing the exact same thing he wore in Solo, 50 years ago

You really have to wonder with that cgi Carrie in Rogue One whether they just used it to test the waters for full cg replacements of all the dead actors eventually

Tarkin too

Died with Han and Luke.

Attached: 1549599377981.gif (400x400, 1.4M)

I never get tired of the cringekino that is this video.

>J.J Abrams' fucking goofy shekel-ass goes in front of a fucking mic to non-ironically and straight-facedly say "This is the conclusion of 8 films, it's a story 40 years in the making"
This nigga should get a cameo in the next film because being able to say that shit and not burst into laughter is some commendable acting.

HOW THE FUCK IS IT GONNA CONCLUDE 8 FILMS?
THERE IS NOTHING
TO
CONCLUDE
THERE IS NOWHERE FOR THE STORY TO GO
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1560174789778.jpg (994x1024, 113K)

They're not coherent enough to be politically motivated. Characters like Rose and the "twist" that war profiteering is a thing dont come from a place of informed and directed political thought. It's the superficail #resistance brand of twitter-style liberalism. It's made by and enjoyed performatively woke white people who unironically think Trump is worse than GWB because they think vulgarity is worse than killing 800,000 people.

>>Woke planet of blacks will not save IX
that alone shits all over Star Wars. The last thing I want when watching a movie is a reminder that niggers are insufferable creatures that will never be happy.

Rey and Kylo finally putting an end to Palpatine's ghost because Vader physically killing him apparently didn't end the threat, just kicked it down the road to his grandson and his ratty girlfriend

epic conclusion

Well said, fren.

Oh come on, why didn't you like Super Kane Hodder-Jason-Vader? And the way the Rebel soldiers went from teenage scream queens to hardened troops who would gladly die to defend the galaxy seamlessly flowed into IV so well too.

REY IS A STRONG WOMAN

>This ship is on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan
bitch vader just saw you fly away, he was 5 feet away from being on your ship

IT BROKE NEW GROUND!

That fuckin arm flap he does, A FUCKING TODDLER DOES THAT, holy shit this fucking faggot should be left to die in the wilderness

>he got semi-famous for this
>it's what he'll be known for for the rest of his life
I guarantee you he regrets making that video, no matter what people say
>"you wish you were famous!"
not for something like that

this was the biggest bullshit ever. This is why I hated highschool English classes and why I constantly would argue with my teachers about the metaphorical bullshit in the books we had to read. I always said that a deeper metaphor should be pretty obvious generally and should be something noted not dwelt on. My teachers would always pound it into our head that every fucking little bullshit thing was a deep metaphor. I never understood what the fuck they were talking about and always pointed it out because I was never content to just make up shit like everyone else clearly was. Out of spite because I always pointed out that 90% of this shit isn't a metaphor and you are looking to deeply into a simple story with usually one overarching lesson to be had and when you think everything is a deep metaphor you dilude the main point of the story my teachers always fucked my grades in those classes. God I have so much rage still from dealing with that shit. Academia is really just a bunch of retards sitting in a circle huffing their own farts

>his father let this happen to him
How do I keep my children from becoming fags?

Sith
No
One
Knew
Existed

>yfw I just wanted some Obi-Wan kino based on old samurai movies

Attached: 1533919981903.jpg (707x470, 45K)

100% thats the plan, it's just not doable quite yet

Ironically keep them away from TV and movies and get them into a trade early.

watch the Rebels episode where he meets Maul one last time
that's what you're looking for

>not the '97 Special Edition

take note, this is what mega corporations think of any dissenting opinion to the point where even their shills display outright contempt. giving a movie studio any money whatsoever in light of this attitude makes you a pussy of the highest order.

Idk I think Reylo and/or retconning TLJ may sorta save something. Retconning will do a good bit to repair the franchise but they are to far deep now so that's unlikely. Reylo make make things interesting sorta depending on how good they make it. It's also unlikely to be effective though given how unlikeable Rey is in general. I'd live to see Kylo chill the fuck out and get a babe to fuck, but Rey literally is about as deep as a plank of wood and somehow even dumber. It was revealed that she has nothing to live for basically and she was offered the Galaxy and meaning in life and she turned it down for no fucking reason for people she met yesterday who also fight for nothing. Hell they don't even have an awesome line about fighting for democracy

>she turned it down for no fucking reason
Kylo made the mistake of ending his pitch with "fuck your friends, let them get blown up"

>Palpatine will not save IX
He won't, but at least he'll make the inevitable SW thread spam here bearable. Depending on what they actually do with him, the shitposting might actually be fun

Attached: sheev.png (424x444, 363K)

I hope not, I reluctantly saw hobbit 3... I dont even want to see ep9

Why do people think TFA was any better than TLJ?
JJ played it safe as he was does with trashy cheap action flicks that don't give a shit about story or being faithful to the setting, it was a soft reboot that did nothing new with the story, TFA gave no new strands to pick up and bring forward to the next sequel. This is fundamentally the reason the series has failled to gather hype around it, TFA was a mediocre and cynical cash grab soft reboot that added nothing, TLJ was an attempt to do something different but that was a terrible idea when the previous one was so mediocre and similar to ANH that the difference in tone between TFA and TLJ is so jarring.

That was his own tactical mistake I guess. Given his position though and what he was offering, logically speaking it makes sense for him to say that. She could have taken him up on the offer and at least used her newfound influence to just have her friends taken prisoner while the she watches on as the rest of the resistance is killed. That would have at least made the ending of the movie interesting and have some meaningful long lasting impact and create hype for the next movie. Instead we just got some hollow feel-good bullshit where the resistance is somehow better than every despite being 12 guys and an old lady in an old starship meanwhile Kylo has an admittededly fucked up paramilitary force he is now in charge of that he can hopefully pull together to take over the Galaxy which is now in a power vacuum

Checked, and yes/no. JJ resetting everything into "rebels vs empire with another death star" killed any chance of the new trilogy being good, but normies still ate it up and got excited. Rian then took their ignorant bliss and shot it while making a your momma joke

It's just his ghost in Matt Smith's body
it's going to be lame
also Kylo and Rey team up and BEAT HIM
they beat Palpatine, in a fresh young body

This.

As I said in There was no way TLJ would have worked (as a serviceable action flick) unless it was a soft reboot clone of ESB. The new trilogy was DOA because the jew and the mouse didn't want to do anything new.

sheev ghost vs cuckluke ghost seems potentially kino, with reylofag fanservice at the end because a new skywalker is born, and its a baby girl. they'll find a way to fuck it up though. it already looks like shit from the photos of the afronigs on alien horses. at some point, even people who don't hate blacks will get tired of seeing blacks at the center of every fucking movie and tv show.

i'm personally done with star wars and movies in general. its the laziest way to "relax" and get entertainment. problem is the movies are no longer entertaining, the stories aren't relaxing or funny. so why bother. yeah yeah i know i'm just complaining and why can't i do better. well, first of all, its because i'm not a jew with industry connections.

Finn spends a lot of time riding horses in these movies

I wish I could be this emotional about anything in life. Imagine a trailer for some shit movie making you literally weep in pure joy.

did 8 do well in sales?

People who should die in Ep IX
>finn
>poe
>rose
>leia
>lando
>chewie
>the falcon
People who will die in Ep IX
>palpatine's ghost

not as good as expected
1.3 billion to TFA's 2 billion

Attached: 1923C9F5-F162-4D6A-A9AC-72CEDA976B09.jpg (598x588, 140K)

good, I hope 9 bombs harder. Hopefully they'll learned to stop appealing to such a small group, and actually focus on writing something good rather than virtue

Something is wrong with me. I know she's an old hag but that puple hair makes me wanna fuck her so bad.

This isn't a man. It's also why the west is dead

I'm expecting it to do a little better than TLJ but still not TFA numbers
1.5 billion maybe

You're going to hear a lot of
>this one is more like Force Awakens, it's better than Last Jedi blah blah blah

No, but that's the whole point. That's the most mary sue thing I've ever seen and it's just the trailer.

She can fight a TIE fighter on foot, there a bunch of star wars characters I can think of that can pull it off, but not like that. Not like that.

>Gatalenta
>slow female cat
lol wut?

based and chopper pilled

We'll nuke it all before we let that happen.

like it or not this is literally the only "real" star wars piece of media left

>they don't even have an awesome line about fighting for democracy

That's because there will not be any democracy. Those Rebel wannabes will just do some bullshit of getting allies but hardly anyone will support them like the new black chick and her gang. That's all. Kylo is meant to rule the galaxy. Because George Lucas has some kind of boner for a fucked up tall Skywalker boy. Kylo will get everything in the end.

Good. Representative democracy on a galactic scale with hundreds of planets and different cultures/species of aliens just doesn't work. There needs to be a galactic standard of some kind.

I hope R2D2 gets destroyed in Episode 9 i love the little guy and dont want him ruined in future shit

Only true fans of the series are excited

True fans are people who have liked Star wars since 2015.

Actually, it's refreshing. Endgame was the literally end of nerd culture. People are pretty much done with science fiction and fantasy nerd shit. It's all been ruined.

Attached: Capture+_2019-06-11-20-07-28.png (1315x785, 664K)

Rey is an all powerful nobody. No one can defeat her. She's the bestest Jedi evaaaaahhh......

This is new story and canon. How epic. Can't wait.

Yes. TFA wasn't good but JJ mystery boxes left open doors for competent directors to expand
Ryan actively burned all the mystery boxes and made a movie where that main part of it was filler and doomed the 3rd movie before it even started and even retroactively fucked SW.
Space battles will no longer happen normally without anyone asking why no ones is doing a hyperspace ram.

user, when will you learn it's not about pandering to SJWs but rather pushing an agenda and a narrative on mainstream audiences, especially the young who are more easily influenced?

Fuckin Republic Commando's.

Make a goddamn kino movie about that would be great.

I have an idea where a unit of 4 commandos were let go and went underground after serving the empire. After a few years of civillian life, many of them are unfit, some homeless, some trading cargo routes from bandit raiders, some being criminal bodyguards, etc. Due to the advanced aging technique of Kamino, they are rapidly experiencing cell degeneration, which their commander finds out about first. Cue to their commander getting the team back together for one final suicide mission to go out as warriors rather than of old age. Their target would be Obi-Wan kenobi as they recognize him as a warrior worthy of respect, rather than vader who is just an animal and a butcher.

the last 20 minutes would be them just planning out a game-plan and trying to execute it perfectly, only for it to go wrong and Obi-Wan to face off against the bruised, broken, and wrinkled/aged commander with a vibro-blade. When the commander dies, he thanks his old friend for giving him a good end for him and his commandos. Cue to obi-wan burying his former friends with their helmets to mark their graves over the setting sun of Tattooine.

What really gets me is that star wars was always a thing for kids and brainlets. Everything about it is stupid and bad.

So disney buys this IP and starts shitting out new movies to cash in and all the brainlets get triggered by the fact that they are shit and there's a lady with purple hair and a black dude in it.
All these retards on youtube making literal 10 hour long "analysis" getting all butthurt over the fact that the product some billionaire company shat out to sell toys and theme park tickets is bad. HUUHH NO SHIT SHERLOCK.
And literally thousands of faggots eat up this content on youtube and praise the retard "uhhh he really destroyed the SJWs this time!!".

Go suck a dick and die of AIDS you bunch of faggots.

I couldn`t finish TLJ out of boredom. No hype.

Attached: reddit salt.png (934x318, 38K)

What's the point of talking about a movie that comes out in 6 months? I will get excited in December.

Ask me how I know you’re a Virgin, user

Attached: D2EF7964-E2FB-4210-9728-84CB11E2A3EB.jpg (299x168, 9K)

If you don't believe me.

Attached: critique.png (403x320, 67K)

>star wars was always a thing for kids
That is a lie that George Lucas started because he was trying to defend Jar Jar in Episode I-a character he literally created for his kids.

Mauler's videos are objectively good and his dissection is of the writing. He almost never gets political at all.

disney marketing hours don't start yet since i guess there is some other irons in the fire (lion king, toy story 4)

Attached: 1514730498494.jpg (1440x1800, 238K)

Oh you got me, I'm a diversity hire at disney shilling the jew agenda here.
Go watch mauler retard.

See what I mean? You faggots eat this shit up.
Stop that shit user, it's a waste of your precious time.

Anyone who defends 7 over 8 are just hopeless nostalgia shills

>the fact that the product some billionaire company shat out to sell toys
Toys are not selling. That's actually something these retards on youtube complain about.

Non-existent, they made it incredibly obvious from Sheev's laugh in the trailer that they ran out of ideas for this trilogy after completely ruining their chances with TLJ for something cool with Snoke.
It's almost impressive how much they alienated their core fanbase with these movies.

>a waste of your precious time.
You mean like bitching about some youtube guy in a star wars thread on a monday afternoon?

I think when Kathleen Kennedy claimed that "it was all planned from the start!!" when it clearly wasnt snuffed out the last bit of hype for me. It was mostly killed by TLJ.

>Space battles will no longer happen normally without anyone asking why no ones is doing a hyperspace ram.
TFA had so many problems but this is a huge one. You don't introduce relativistic weapons into a fucking space fantasy movie. It makes everything else fucking irrelevant now.
Obviously it's star wars, there is suspension of disbelief - ranging from dudes with psychic/telekinetic powers to sounds in space. I get that, it's COOL. But relativistic weapons are too far and even jim normie understands that.
Why even launch a small band of xwings at the death star in ep4 when they could just hyperspace an a-wing into it and blow it up? High levels of technology are at display, why doesn't a faction simply harness a large asteroid and then hyperspace ram it at something? Why use energy pewpew weapons when a rock hurled from 2 systems over would cause more carnage and possibly be easier to pull off?
I'm sure these arguments have been bitched about already, I didn't read the full thread. Just horribly retarded. Also pretty sure hyperspace isn't supposed to work that way in "canon" but i can't be fucked to read up on it.

I can't see how anyone would give a fuck about ep9 now. There's nothing to be hopeful for. OP Rey will continue to have zero obstacles, Kylo will be a meanie head and then "redeem" himself and then die (no way he's surviving, he killed kids), Finn will continue to never grow as a character, Poe will remain less relevant than bb8, etc.
It's all so tedious and unfortunate. I was the biggest star wars fag in the universe and one movie made me hate it.

>hyperspace ramming
>TFA
I think you meant TLJ

>lucas names kennedy his successor and leaves the franchise in her hands
>"I have complete faith in kathy"
>gives her his story treatments for 7, 8, and 9
>she throws them in the fucking garbage and Lucas is not consulted about anything going forward
he chose the wrong apprentice

the funniest part of Holdo's hyperspace ram is that C-3PO could have stayed behind and done it
all droids can pilot ships, a fucking R-unit could have done it

but for some reason she stays behind to do it herself, for literally no reason at all

>implying that this hasn't all been planned by Lucas to make everyone come crawling back to him and his prequels

>Lucas is not consulted about anything going forward
He directed parts of 9 because Jew Jew needed the original Goy mind to guide him, lest he bump his ample nose on the expensive sets.

While I agree it looks cool, it retroactively makes the opening scene in ANH look stupid.

That's his problem. He thinks you can objectively and factually be correct about a movie plot being bad or good.

I tried watching his TLJ video and he keeps making this stupid point that objective analysis of a piece of art or entertainment can be done and is the only correct way to do it. I remember I quit halfway through the video and he was still hammering this stupid point.
This type of thinking is so inherently stupid and egotistical I feel like I don't even need to explain why it's wrong.

Nah, most of you chimps do it for free.

I think that scene was great for many reasons, chief of all, Admiral Dildo is super dead. I hope they bring her back as a force ghost, though and lectures the fuck out of Luke, Rey, and Yoda. The reeeeing would be glorious.
What? SW is dead, I want to piss on its corpse now.

This is the way someone who doesn't have friends would react. Or a child.

Yes.

>its salt

It would have been a better twist than the retarded plot Rian went with.

It would have been better because then virtually ALL of her actions would have made sense in the context of the movie, like how she sacrificed two of the three rebellion cruisers, effectively reducing the numbers of the rebellion by 66%.

I seriously thought that the whole time until she killed herself. She literally had a SMUG look on her face as her troops were being slaughtered and when the best soldier in the conflict called her on her bullshit, she mocked him and sent him to his room.
Then, just so the feminist bulldyke wouldn't be called out so easily, they had her say "I like him" for no other reason at all.

>tfw there was a time when you were hyped to see where this trilogy would go after TFA

Attached: image.gif (360x273, 143K)

*bulldyke writers.

Remember, Star Wars was literally killed by woke negresses sporting permafrowns.

BEFORE tfa maybe

>TLJ comes out and half the people in the cinema hated it and dead silence when everyone leaves
Same thing happened at mine, not a single soul talked about it afterwards and everyone seemed bored out of their minds. Even after Attack of the Clones everyone still seemed hype, TLJ had no feeling at all afterwards.

I actually like TLJ's deleted scenes though and they should have been added in over that retarded casino plot, they had some fun stuff with Like training Rey.

Seriously though why did they delete this scene from TLJ?
It's decent character development for Rey and Luke while making it seem like she's getting a real lesson:

youtube.com/watch?v=-He5_RtDE1o

Attached: image.png (1016x984, 41K)

It made Luke look wise and put Rey in her rightful place as a naive apprentice.

wait, she has friends?

>only person I know who liked TLJ was someone who didn't like Star Wars at all
It makes sense tbqh

Because it makes rey not a perfect mary sue and we cant have that. Also we needed more time for the casino planet.

shitstorm is gonna be considerable.

>go find the master codebreaker
>he wears a red flower pin on his jacket
>"can you tell us more, like what he looks like, or his name, or how we might find him if he doesn't happen to be at the casino at the exact time we're there?"
>bye go find the codebreaker
huh?

No. It's because this scene had nothing to do with Kylo. They kept only those scenes where Luke and Rey talk about Kylo or their conversations somehow expand on Kylo's arc.

Based, me too

wtf did he do? pinch her clit?

She thinks those Rebel wannabes are her friends. Just like Luke had friends in the rebellion. And we all know Rey is just a Luke wannabe. She has no personality of her own.

Attached: kamakaze.gif (385x300, 2.99M)

Oh yeah, I forgot Lando's back...

Not having him and Han doing fun shit in space together as old dudes is such a slap in the face. Now it just feels forced as fuck.

Attached: image.jpg (1919x1080, 191K)

Luke represents hope until TLJ, when he's just a cynical old nephew killer for... no reason.

He dueled Vader so many times and even lost his hand, and he still managed to turn him to the light side in Episode 6. But one moment of unexplained weakness and he gives up on the Jedi forever?

It's pretty clear that the sequel trilogy is not for fans of Star Wars. It's for people who have no reason to get hyped in the first place.

Gotta love how each of these films retroactively made each chunk of ROTJ completely pointless.

oh you mean rebel wannabes that she didn't even meet in person. yeah, what was her motive to help them in TFA, again? can't remember any. she didn't have a grudge against FO and FO was firing at BB8 anyway, not her. she was with the wrong crowd.

At this point I'm doubting it will cross the $1 billion mark

>Finn will continue to never grow as a character, Poe will remain less relevant than bb8,

Finn is less relevant than nameless console. At least Poe is now the leader. he isn't relevant but more than Finn who is, what exactly? Poe's boyfriend? Rey's romantic runner-up? Rose's love interest? Like, can anyone define him without He Is Someone's Something. you can't.

don't doubt it. America is dumb enough to give this too much money. they gave BP 700M, nuff said. International markets alone gave Bo Rhap more money than BP lmao!

Even after TFA came out I was kind of interested, mostly just for Luke's return and getting to see Kylo Ren complete his training with Snoke to beat Rey in a rematch.
Got fucking stiffed hard on both of those though.

I followed Yodas advice and let the past die. This isn't meant to entertain people like me anymore so i will spend my time and money on different things.

>Sorry we ran out of money on the budget so we only get back Orange Yoda for 30 seconds in a hologram doing nothing important

>Finn who is, what exactly?
Traitor

I guess he might be with Nien Nunb, I think he's still alive at least. Is he? I know he was in TFA but I can't remember if he died in TLJ unceremoniously like Ackbar or not. They probably forgot him.

I don't get it either man, we already had Luke go through his conflicts with his feelings towards his friends in the OT and he soundly rejected the Emperor's offer of joining the dark side with the tossing of his lightsaber in ROTJ.
Why does he need to go through this process again as a jedi master just because of a vision he had from some character who never got developed by JJ nor Rian?

If they had explained Snoke and his powers at all then I might have been convinced but then they just killed him off with no explanation for anything.

Unless Rey turns out to be a literal fucking homonculous or another shit experiment of sith alchemy I'm not touching this crap with a stick. I'll wait for spoilers to come out after premier and probably torrent it anyway.
>Fuck Disney and Fuck trannies