Westworld

Why does no one talk about this anymore? Just watched his episode and it was pure fucking kino

Attached: Akecheta_Kiksuya.jpg (379x554, 37K)

Snobody
Nwatches
Eyour
Eshitty
Dshow

That black lady robot and psycho dolores killed the hype.

this show sucks the ass-balls-connection (taint)

>writers have a setup to make existential drama
>go for cheap tropes instead

>HBO thought this would be their next GoT

LMAO

S2 was hard to follow if you're subpar in the brains category, and as much as Yea Forums likes to pose otherwise, that description fits them to a T.

The black chick is fine. It's Delores who is ruining the show.

There are only 2 good parts in the entirety of Season 2.

>When the moon turned out to just be a fake studio prop.
Absolute kino scene from a cinematographic standpoint.
>When the blackhat guy goes down into the factory only to find out he's been a robot thousands of years into the future and he was in fact being checked if he was sentient or not just like he himself did with his old boss.

The only reason I'm going to watch season 3 is because I want to see the storyline of the very far future long after humanity died out pan out. I'm curious what the purpose of those facilities are.

Ed Harris wasn't a robot

Yeah Season 2 is far better if you watch it in one go instead of having weeks between reveals which causes you to forget a lot of the stuff in between episodes which the show assumes you're still thinking about.

>hurrr my baby my superpowers hurrr

You are fucking retarded.

Attached: 1536516206738.jpg (956x714, 578K)

S2 was fucking cringe.

They asked the same question about robot sentience over and over until I wanted them to lose.

>The black chick is fine.
No, she's the definition of a Mary Sue. The character might have been good if they kept her struggling like when she first became self aware, but between her god-mode, mind control powers and 100 points in charisma she just isn't very interesting to watch.

I guess he just turned thousands of years old naturally?

But he was trapped in a simulation

Attached: hat.jpg (1280x714, 187K)

He's been to the park regularly since he was like 25

Show is entirely dependent on Anthony Hopkins

it was a nugget of kino in a season of mostly shit.
also, pic related

Attached: James_shares_a_drink.jpg (1600x900, 277K)

>be able to get rid of the tropes in your head
>muh child
what did they mean by this?

>Just watched his episode and it was pure fucking kin
probably bait, but yeah, that's the last good episode in a season that had like 2

>be a rational man
>don't have a decisive proof that your daughter is not a robot
>kill her
nice consistency

The guy was clearly insane

JJ Abrams loves his shitty ass filler episodes. If i binged it I think it would have been better but 4 weeks where the plot moved 25% was fucking trash

one episode doesn't make up for the garbage that was season 2. it was unbelievable shit

I only watched this show for the ed harris scenes

They should've named her Mulva

jj abrams doesn't write for this shit, jonathan nolan does. jj is an exec producer, they don't do anything.

It was pretty underwhelming from S01
I watched the finale when I had a pretty high fever and was feeling like hell, can you explain the robot heaven? Also how did Teddy get there? I did understand purpose of the robot library.

this shit lost me with the over the top female empowerment bullshit and the japanese samurai world shit - i mean suspension of disbelief can only go so far - i can deal with bullets not hurting people but swords and arrows and shit is a bridge too far

no, he wasn't.

Robot heaven is like a digital server that all their consciousness get uploaded to to live in digital utopia. Everyone got uploaded except for a couple that wanted revenge on humanity instead like doloris

Robot library was about cataloguing human consciousness to be able to "revive" humans uploaded into machines. But they found out humans are actually simple creatures without free will and only AI has true free will.

The Ed Harris reveal at the end is showing that even after humanity died out the AI were still trying to create conscious humans uploaded to AI. And they succeeded??? with him? I think season 3 will go deeper into this.

jonathan nolan and his wife, Lisa Joy.
afaik she had a lot more autonomy in s2 which explains the nosedive imo

It isn't female empowerment because they aren't female at all. They are literal machines. Of course metal frame terminators are stronger than fleshy human males.

It's returning in like,2022 so theres that,,,

Attached: 1534985978490.gif (320x165, 1.56M)

It's returning in 9 months you retard.

S2 was too high IQ

Nice

>episode is 95% spoken native dialogue
just like Apocalypto, it shouldn't work at all, let alone work extremely well. but it does

I would've loved if Chernobyl had Russians actors speaking Russian.

He killed and tortured humanoid robots for decade looking for some deeper meaning

Hey guys. I'm sorry for this post. I'm sorry. Thet I regurgitate whatever I see online. Its low brow and sub par effort

And? He was just testing limits of the simulation. That's pretty reasonable.

It was a glimpse of good television in an otherwise garbage tv show

S2E8 is one of the best tv episodes of any show in the last years, but still it wasn't enough to save this shit

I'm just excited for all the worldbuilding and exploring the broader implications the show's events have on society instead of just staying within the park's confines. They easily could've drawn out Dolores's awakening over several seasons, or jumped between the different parks, but they thankfully didn't.

He also cut his own arm open because he thought he himself might be a robot

>"Lets focus this season on Dolores and her angry look, oh wait and she was the one that builds Bernard, yeah that's it, fuck Mr.Hopkins for leaving the show"
Plus the ugly black mutt. Basically only women are capable in this show. Have sex.

That was after he killed his daughter. After he met her his motivation doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm just saying cutting your arm open and digging around in it is not the act of a sane man

It’s a great show has great dialogue and amazingly impressed by the monologues they have done a great job so far. The small brains can’t understand it they even call the hosts robots lmao they’re not robots you imbeciles they’re way more advanced than that and they’re called hosts.

>second season has a bigger score on RT
Just what the fuck is that site.

that was probably the best episode in the season
it's all downhill from there

the tomatometer counts positive reviews so a critic giving a 6 or a 10 would still just count as ' positive.
The average rating is displayed separately if you click on more info. S1 has 87% and an 8.16 average while S2 has an 86% and 7.96

Idk. Sounds pretty sane to me. How else would you know you are not a robot?

>binge watching a show somehow fixes its terrible writing
Why do R*ddit drones keep regurgitating this shit cope?